Crushable

Crushable


Video: There’s Something Wrong With This Tortoise

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 10:40 AM PST

Kevin the tortoise is trying to eat a tomato, but he’s having so much trouble figuring out where it is! That is because Kevin has terrible depth perception and the exact location of his tomato continues to elude him. It’s very sad but also very funny!

Oh, Kevin the tortoise, did you ever get your tomato? I really hope you did. I want so very much for you to have enjoyed it.

(via BuzzFeed)

Post from: Crushable

Rooney Mara Covers Entertainment Weekly As Lisbeth Salander

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 10:25 AM PST

Right at the height of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo fever, Rooney Mara has scored the cover of Entertainment Weekly, where she’s a pierced and tatted-up Lisbeth Salander. Her character has been one of the most discussed in recent history, and fans of the books have been endlessly fascinated with the frail actress’s transformation. Director David Fincher discussed getting Rooney to the place where she was a believable Lisbeth:

"Rooney's a beautiful girl. She can look like Audrey Hepburn—but she can also look like a boy. So we'd decide where we wanted to put the stud through her eyebrow by asking, 'Where is it going to be most in the way? Where is the most distracting place?' " Also, he adds, "We had to be really sure that the nipple piercing was in the place where it was going to catch the light."

Light-catching nipple piercings? Man, that sounds like an Austin Powers character.

(via EW)

Post from: Crushable

Crushable Quoteable: Kelly Clarkson Endorses Ron Paul, Pisses Everyone Off

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 10:00 AM PST

Kelly Clarkson has outed herself as a Republican and a supporter of Ron Paul. The pop star took to her Twitter and Whosay account yesterday to endorse the politician:

“I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t.”

Unfortunately for Kelly, a lot of her followers appear to be better informed that she about the politics of Ron Paul. They swiftly replied to Kelly to inform her of the politician’s racist and homophobic past, and Kelly was forced to defend herself:

“I am really sorry if I have offended anyone. Obviously that was not my intent. I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women’s rights, men’s rights, white/black/purple/orange rights. I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all of the Republican nominees, he’s my favorite.”

Orange rights! Just for Snooki. Later on, Kelly made another statement:

“Man my eyes have been opened to so much hate tonight. If y’all ever disagree with something I say please don’t feel the need to attack me. I will listen to what you say and any articles or viewpoints you have when you say it with respect. Being hateful is not a healthy way to get people to see or hear you. I was raised to respect people and their decisions and beliefs and I hope you will grant me the same decency. If you don’t agree with me simply unfollow me. It’s really that easy. I hope you don’t because I would love the chance to hear what you have to say but if you’re so blinded by hate you can’t seek peace and progress then that is your unfortunate prerogative.”

What an infuriating argument, right? If you’re using Twitter to make political statements, then you’re opening up the lines of discourse, and that’s going to play out on Twitter. Which means brief statements of opposition. “If you don’t agree with me simply unfollow me” is a pretty clear way of making the point that you don’t deserve a platform for making political statements.

(via Huffington Post)

Post from: Crushable

Questionable Choices: Robert Pattinson Has Gone Full Homeless

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 09:35 AM PST

With that Unibomber beard, the baseball cap and those vampirishly long fingernails, Robert Pattinson has been looking more like he should be sleeping at the bus station that starring in zillion-dollar blockbusters these days. Is anyone’s heart throbbing while looking at this? Maybe just from the thought of the vending machine ham sandwich rattling around in his stomach.

This photo of Robert was taken at the airport in Los Angeles, where Robert has flown in for New Year’s. He plans to spend the evening with Kristen Stewart, who in turn plans to spend the evening dousing Rob in Axe body spray. Have fun, you crazy kids, you!

(via Just Jared)

Post from: Crushable

Video: Drake Crashes A Fan’s Karaoke Performance, Adorableness Ensues

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 09:27 AM PST

Whilst giving it your all at karaoke night, have you ever thought, “wow, I really wish Madonna was here to see what a great job I’m doing with ‘Two Of Hearts.’ I bet she’d even be inspired to jump up and join me on the chorus, and then we would become the best of friends”? Of course you have. And yet it hasn’t happened yet, because cool things never happen to you.

Be jealous, then, of international student Dalal (a.k.a. “Dee“), originally of Kuwait, currently of California and Drake‘s loving arms. The karaoke regular was having dinner with some friends in LA yesterday when a buddy texted her to say that someone famous was at her favorite local karaoke bar, Saddle Ranch. Despite not knowing which celebrity it was, she went, because yay celebrities. She settled on a Rihanna song, and the rest is history. Via E! Online:

“I was up there with the mike and the first beats of ‘Only Girl in the World’ started playing and I said, 'Stop the song! Does anyone here know how to do the Drake part of “What’s My Name”?’ So I was like, anyone? Anyone? Hello? And decided to just sing it by myself and then boom! Drake jumps up with his bodyguard behind him and was like 'Wait, I thought I was going to do the song with you’”

“I was like, 'Oh my god, Drake!” Dee tells E! News that, “I just got lost in the moment and thought, ‘Whatever happens I don’t care.’ It was a total Hollywood moment.”

Here’s the video:

Drake gave Dee a hug afterwards, as that’s kind of his thing, and she told him he’d made her day. Delightful.

(Via E! Online)

Related posts:

Post from: Crushable

Lady Gaga Will Help Drop The Ball In Times Square On New Year’s Eve

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 08:40 AM PST

In case you need one more reason to avoid Times Square on New Year’s Eve, here it is: Lady “New York is my husband” Gaga will help mayor-for-life Mike Bloomberg drop the crystal adorned ball this Saturday night. I say “avoid” not because I dislike Gaga but because the place will already be a mob scene…can you imagine what it’ll be like once they throw some teeming throngs of Gaga fans into the mix? She’ll also be performing on ABC's "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest 2012."

For her part, the singer is stoked. “I’m so looking forward to performing on NYE+dropping the ball with Mayor Bloomberg!” she tweeted earlier today. “What an honor as a New Yorker!”

Gags will be joining the likes of Bill and Hilary Clinton, Colin Powell, and Rudy Giuliani in pushing the giant Waterford Crystal button at precisely 11:59, beginning the big, sparkly ball’s descent. Which makes me wonder: what happens if the button-pusher fucks it up? Will we be a few seconds behind for the whole of 2012? Will we have to drop it a little early next year to make up for it? It’s a good thing it probably doesn’t even really control the ball.

(Via The New York Post)

Related posts:

Post from: Crushable

Crushable Quoteable: Taylor Swift’s New Year’s Resolution Involves Her Songwriting

Posted: 28 Dec 2011 02:01 PM PST

What’s your New Year’s resolution? Does it involve pledging to get up earlier? Or maybe learning to cook? Perhaps it’s all about continuing to evolve your Grammy-winning career like Taylor Swift? Taylor explained her resolution for 2012:

“I think my goal for the next couple of years would be to make departures in little ways and do things a little differently, and try to maintain a balance between always providing your fans with what they’ve always liked from you and continuing to write all my own songs, but I’d love to make collaborations in different directions that aren’t exactly expected.”

As we pointed out earlier, the young singer has been tapped to lend her talents to the Hunger Games soundtrack, so maybe we’ll see this new resolution at work there. Also, it’s our humble opinion that Taylor might want to resolve to make some better dating choices in 2012, but it isn’t really out place to talk.

(via Huffington Post)

Related posts:

Post from: Crushable

Posted:

Post from: Crushable

Posted:

Post from: Crushable

Posted:

Post from: Crushable

You have read this article with the title Crushable. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2011/12/crushable_29.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...