The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Mel B GOES TOPLESS & Janet Jackson-esque For Breast Cancer, Reveals She Found A Lump

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 09:30 AM PDT

Spice Girl & "X Factor Australia" judge Mel B let her husband Stephen Belafonte cop a feel...but it was all for a good cause.  The two shot a new breast cancer awareness campaign. Get the deets inside and find out what Mel did when she discovered a lump.

 

Mel B recently popped her top for the new CoppaFeel! campaign for breast cancer awareness.  Based in the UK, the organization spreads information to women and men between 18-30 about checking themselves for breast cancer. 

In the ad, which appears in new COSMOPOLITAN UK issues, Mel and her husband Stephen Belafonte put their own spin on Janet Jackson's iconic ROLLING STONE cover. Stephen really enjoyed the shoot (surprise surprise) saying, 'I’m a boob man so I had absolutely no problem doing this shoot or helping my wife check her breasts."

Inside the mag, Mel revealed her own breast cancer scare.  "I found a lump when I was 17 and freaked out. It turned out it was nothing but it terrified me. Ever since, I’ve always been one for checking, then double checking."

Now, she's also training her daughter.  "I have three daughters and one stepdaughter so I’ll show them as they get older. My eldest, Phoenix, 13, does it already."

She later joked that she and her former bandmates used to cop a feel as well.  "I love boobs. Me and the other Spice Girls are always having a feel of each other’s – Geri came up behind me and grabbed mine the other day."

 

Cop a feel today ladies and gents!

 

"LAHH ATL" Chick Ariane ADMITS To Sexing Memphitz, Tells The Breakfast Club "Sometimes B*tches Need To Be Slapped"

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 08:47 AM PDT

"LAHH ATL" star Ariane dropped in on The Breakfast Club recently where she revealed she had sex with K. Michelle's ex and Toya Wright's current hubby Memphitz.  She also dished on whether she believes Stevie J is abusive.   Watch it inside.....

Reality star Ariane Davis, who appeared on "Love & Hip Hop Atlanta" as Mimi Faust's bestie, hit Power 105.1's "The Breakfast Club" this morning where she talked about her sexual romp with Memphitz.  Apparently, letting the world know exactly who you chopped down is what women do these days.

She revealed that they are good friends and met while working with T-Pain.  Though Memphitz has hinted that they dated, Ariane said they only had sex. 

When the hosts tried to go deeper into the subject of Memphitz, she cut them off saying, "I don’t talk about things that aren’t relevant."  She later questioned why Memphitz would even bring it up.

And when asked about Stevie J, she said, "It’s not that I don’t like Stevie, it’s that I don’t like his ways."  And as the hosts tried to get her to answer if 'Steebie' was abusive to Mimi, she said, "I did not say yes. Don’t do that. I’m not saying anything. I’ve seen behavior that I don’t like."

And as they continued to talk about abusive relationships, Ariane gave a shocking response about domestic violence saying, "I’m not saying women should be hit, but sometimes b*tches need to be slapped."

She added that Memphitz never hit her.

  

Watch the interview here:

Rihanna GRABS HER GRILL For Dinner In Cali, Preps New Single

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 08:17 AM PDT

Rihanna hit up her fave restaurant in Santa Monica--Giorgio Baldi--last night.  And she was rocking a mouth full of gold.  A gold grill that is.  Check the pics inside plus details about her new single...

A bottom grill is apparently all the rage these days.  Rih Rih took a page out of her big brother Kanye's book and snapped on a (less permanent than his) golden grill over her teeth.

The "Princess of China" singer rocked her black cutoffs and see thru Alexander Wang Cameron booties, Alexander Wang black mini duffle, and a black & white sweater for the occasion. 

Rihanna's not only gearing up for her next world tour kicking off in Buffalo, NY on March 8th, but she's working on her new album as well.  And her new single is due out next well.  According to Rihanna Daily:

Rihanna’s brand new single from her 7th album will be released on September 17th! The new album will be released, as expected, in November this year!

Get ready...

BIRTHDAY FAB: Jennifer Hudson Turns 31!

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 07:48 AM PDT

Oscar-winning superstar Jennifer Hudson turns 31-years-old today. Celebrate with the "Dreamgirl" inside....

 

In a testimony that "Dreams Do Come True" Jennifer Hudson celebrates 31-years living today.  As fans have watched the Chicago-native's big dreams lead to an Oscar, a baby, a line for QVC and a NY Times best-seller, the next big dream will lead to a husband and a wedding.

Though she's pretty secretive, she spoke about the planning process and privacy to PEOPLE saying, “It’s hard planning a wedding. Everyone’s always asking me everything. Ask him something!”

And the fashionista also remarked to PEOPLE about how fun it is to get ready to go out recently.  She said, "Some nights I can’t even sleep because I’m like, ‘What am I going to wear tomorrow? I live in my closet."

She also tweeted this photo from backstage at The View this week before her Tuesday appearance.....

Nice.

See our fave looks from Jen's closet in the gallery........

Usher Opens Up For The First Time With OPRAH About Custody Battle

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 07:08 AM PDT

Usher is opening up for the first time about his custody battle with his ex-wife Tameka Raymond.  And he will appear on this Sunday's episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter" to tell Auntie O about the drama.

 

Check out the preview inside...

 

Oprah traveled to Atlanta for an intimate interview with Usher Raymond IV, who speaks publicly for the first time—and, according to Usher, it will be the last time—regarding the custody battle over his two boys. Plus, Usher opens up about what caused his breakdown in court.

The interview airs this Sunday, September 16, at 9/8c.  Will you be watching?

Toya Wright, Tiny, Chilli, Kandi Burruss & More ATL Folks Are Awarded For Their "Beauty"

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 03:24 PM PDT

 

Honorees Kandi Burruss, Tiny Harris and Toya Wright received "Beauty Awards' at the 2012 Mirror Mirror Beauty Awards in Atlanta last night.  And what are these "Beauty Awards" you ask?  It's the first time event--hosted by CVS and Rolling Out--that honors ATL trendsetters and icons.

 

Check who those folks are inside...

 

T.I. accompanied his wife Tiny & her besties to the Indigo Bar in ATL last night. Apparently ATL is just the first stop on the 13-city tour for CVS & Rolling Out's Awards.  So your fave constantly made-up reality stars were front and center to collect their beautified honors:

Toya, her manager Danielle, & Kandi all arrived together.

Derek J was on the list of who copped some beauty recognition last night.

 

 

Cynthia Bailey and others posed it up with a representative from the Awards.

Industry head Shanti Das and Chilli were there.

And Derek kiki'd with his fave girlfriends.  Fun times I'm sure...

 

Gabrielle Union Does FRONT ROW At Mark McNairy NYFW Show

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 01:35 PM PDT

Gabrielle Union made her way to the New York Public Library for the Mark McNairy New York Fashion Week show.  Check out her understated makeup look inside...

"Being Mary Jane" actress Gabby Union rocked her hot pink pants, bike jacket and a tee for the front row of Mark McNairy.  And the pretty actress showed off just how youthful she looks even without loads of makeup:

She hit the front row with Rachel Roy and Angie Martinez yesterday.

 

 

The ladies posed with Mark himself after the show.  Fab times.

 

Mos Def Tells GQ About His Style & Name Change + Azealia Banks Tells ROLLING STONE About Beyonce And Being Bi-SEXUAL

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 12:13 PM PDT

In the latest issue of GQ, rapper/actor Mos Def breaks down his thoughts on men's fashion, his own eclectic style, and dishes on his name change (Yasiin Bey).  And in Rolling Stone, Azealia Banks also talks her own lipstick and reveals her love for Beyonce.....and other ladies.  Deets inside........

 

Rapper Mos Def shot a few flicks with GQ and discussed some of the major changes in his life and career.  He revealed why he changed his name to Yasiin Bey and talked about his fashion collab with Ale et Ange.  Here are the highlights:

A Mos by Any Other Name...
"I began to fear that Mos Def was being treated as a product, not a person, so I've been going by Yasiin since '99. At first it was just for friends and family, but now I'm declaring it openly."

Paying Homage
"When my paternal grandfather passed a few years back, I started to wear a shirt and tie every day, like he did. Michael Jackson's death had a big impact on me, too. Right before the Ecstatic tour in 2009, I began wearing loafers and high-waisted pants. And that's where my look started."

Honest Goods
"Hip-hop is the last true folk art. I got involved with Ale et Ange because it represents hip-hop in a way that isn't pandering. It's nice to see something that's elegant, skillful, and raw."

Power Suits
"With guys I revere, like Marcus Garvey or Malcolm X, their look is less about style than purpose and the expression of beauty. It wasn't just about being noticed, you know?"

Mix-n-Sorta-Match
"I like drawing connections between pieces and patterns that would make someone else think, 'Those two things would never go together.' Well, to me they do."

So Fresh, So Clean
"I don't have advice for people on how to dress. People should dress based on what they find beautiful. My best advice: Keep your clothes clean.

 

In other magazines.......

Sassy rapstress Azealia Banks chatted it up with Rolling Stone recently about her new MAC lipstick, Beyonce, and her sexuality.  Here are the highlights:

What does having a signature lipstick mean to you as an artist?
"Yung Rapunxel" represents what I'm all about: being myself, no matter what it costs. Yung Rapunxel is that girl who pisses people off but doesn't really mean to. She's actually a sweetheart! But people are so taken aback that she's so herself; she's not even trying to be unique or different. She literally just lives in her head; she does what she wants to do. So, the lipstick is here for someone who is happy to be themself.

Can you discuss how you developed Yung Rapunxel into a heightened alter-ego?
When I first started wearing long weaves – this was when I was about 16 and worked at Starbucks and could afford it, [because] before that, my parents wouldn't let me! – I bought this 24-inch-long weave. And you could not tell me that I was not the sexiest shit ever. I was like, "Oh my gosh, look at me." And I started calling myself Rapunzel; when I wrote "212," I randomly added the "Young" to it. Sometimes when you're writing, ideas just spring up randomly, and I realized "Yung Rapunxel" sounded so cool.

Your new video for "1991" really touches upon the steely, bionic videos of early Nineties house artists. What about vogue-ing and ball culture inspires you?
Well, I'm from Harlem. I went to art school; I grew up with the cunts. And that term doesn't come from me! People think I invented it, but I didn't. To be cunty is to be feminine and to be, like, aware of yourself. Nobody's fucking with that inner strength and delicateness. The cunts, the gay men, adore that. My friends would say, "Oh you need to cunt it up! You're being too banjee." Banjee means unrefined and rough. You need your cunts: they fix your hair for you and do your makeup. They give you confidence and give you life.


So do you feel a special affection for your gay fans?

Definitely. I mean, I'm bisexual, so it makes sense. But I don't want to be that girl who says all gays necessarily hang out together, of course! I have people say to me, "Oh wow, my friend is gay, too," and I'm like, "Yeah, so?"

Who did you admire growing up?
Aaliyah. And I love Beyonce – she's the queen of everything. She's the most remarkable performer and musician. And this is just my humble opinion, but I just think she's better than everyone else making music right now.

Are you still starstruck by her?
Yes, and I met her – and I cried! It was so embarrassing. It was at the Met Ball. I was fucking around with Kanye and she was sitting there, chilling and eating dinner. I freaked out. And I realized she saw me being a dummy and I started crying. Then I saw her expression, like, "Girl, get your shit together." I had to walk away and get myself together and pat my face, then come back to properly say hi! And if I meet her again someday, I'll probably cry again.

 

Azealia recently revealed that she's shooting a video for "Esta Noche."

 

Photos via Steven Pan

DO WE LOVE IT?! Keyshia Cole's BIG HAIR CHOP

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 11:20 AM PDT

Keyshia Cole recently tweeted flicks of her brand new 'do.  Decide if we love her chopped and coifed look inside...

The "No More Love" singer is all about a fresh chop for fall.  And it seems to be the new trend for the season. 

Keyshia tweeted, "No hair, Don't care" while showing off her low cut (with a longer middle), highlighted new 'do.  It's not her first time going short, but it's been a while.  So...

DO WE LOVE IT?!

Queen Latifah, Jill Scott, Phylicia Rashad & More In NEW Promo Pics For STEEL MAGNOLIAS

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 10:47 AM PDT

New promo pics for the Queen Latifah-produced remake of Steel Magnolias have been released.  See fab pics of Queen, Alfre Woodard, Jill Scott, and Phylicia & daughter Condola Rashad inside.....

 

We told you earlier about the upcoming Lifetime release of Steel Magnolias. It's starring Queen Latifah, Phylicia Rashad, Adepero Oduye, Condola Rashad, Jill Scott and Alfre Woodard in the lead roles.

Queen Latifah will play the role of M'Lynn in the Kenny Leon-directed flick, which will debut on Sunday, October 7th at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on LIFETIME.
 

Alfre Woodard, looking gorgeous in this last gown, will play the sarcastic character Ouiser.

Adepero Oduye plays Annelle.

Tony-winning legend Phylicia Rashad will play Clairee.   

Phylicia's gorgeous daughter Condola Rashad will star as Shelby.

And our fave Philly chick Jill Scott will appear as Truvy.

 

Expectations are high for the cast as taking on a classic fave like Steel Magnolias is always risky.  Watch the trailer below:

Will you be watching?

 

Photos courtesy of Tyrone Pitts

You have read this article with the title The Young, Black, and Fabulous. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-young-black-and-fabulous_12.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...