Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Linnocent Open Post: The one where the Cracken impresses the judge

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 09:34 AM PST

Here is your Open Post for Linnocent's court date this morning/afternoon. She's supposedly due at the courthouse any minute, but there should be significantly less drama with this appearance than with her last few appearances. For one, Radar and TMZ are in agreement that LL has been in full compliance with the terms of her structured probation. This appearance is just so that the lawyers can update the judge on the situation, a progress report of sorts, and I doubt the meeting will last very long.

TMZ's (planted) report this morning is all about how well LL is doing with this structured probation – sources say "Lindsay logged the requisite number of hours of community service and morgue duty, and she’s actually put in more therapy time than required. And sources tell us … her supervisor at the morgue is blown away, calling her work 'stellar,' and saying she’s 'a delight to work with and hard working.'" As I said yesterday, I'll buy that LL is doing the work right now. We'll see about next month, and the month after that. She's an itchy, twitchy crackhead who loves crack drama. She'll mess up soon enough.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3656307 (1) wenn3656309 wenn3656318 wenn3656326

Angelina Jolie defends her family’s nomadic life: “I don’t want to settle”

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 08:44 AM PST

Angelina Jolie will appear on Monday's episode of Anderson Cooper's talk show – it was pretaped last week. I kind of love Anderson and Angelina together, and I wish he would interview more often. In previous CNN interviews, they've mixed it up, talking mostly about Jolie's UNHCR work and then Anderson always manages to get Jolie to open up about personal stuff. It just seems that they genuinely like each other, which is cute. Anyway, there's a video clip floating around already of Jolie's appearance, but I can't find anything I can embed – you can see the clip here at People Magazine. Here are some just-released excerpts:

Angelina Jolie makes no apologies for her nomadic life with Brad Pitt and their six children. In fact, the world-traveling actress doesn’t even want to think about not living that way.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” she said wistfully when asked about eventually settling down by Anderson Cooper during an interview set to air on his talk show Monday. She added with emotion, “I don’t want to settle. I love traveling.”

The actress, 36, who won’t rule out a seventh child, also told host Anderson Cooper her children are all on the same page when it comes to moving around – at least for now.

“I will listen, as my mother would have, to them,” she says. “And if they start to complain about it … [But] right now they love it. Right now if they’re in one place for two months they want to know why we’re not getting on an airplane.”

Jolie, who recently made her directorial debut with In the Land of Blood and Honey, says the kids have roots even with their jet-setting lives.

“They really love to travel, and we have certain things that are comforts of home,” she says. “And also, because they’re such a big traveling pack it’s not one child moving around the world and missing friends. There are so many of them they have constant play dates and they’re always together.”

She added, “Because we have traveled a lot, we’re kind of lucky in that we have friends around the world, so if we end up in Budapest or Germany or Africa or Vietnam, they actually call their friends.”

She also admitted, however, that they day may come when the children are ready to live in one place.

“I’m sure they’re gonna say, ‘Mom, let me stay home,’ ” she said. “It’s going to happen and I’m going to cry. We’ll see what happens. They’ll probably all end up living all around the world. My old age will be Brad and I traveling around the world to try to visit our children in random countries.”

[From People]

I kind of hate when Angelina talks about how much the kids love to travel and how they always have each other to play with. Structure is good for kids. Knowing where to call "home" is good for kids. Building friendships outside of their family is good for kids. Having six kids who are constantly in a state of jet lag is bad. I understand the life Angelina and Brad are providing for their kids, and how "different" doesn't automatically equal "bad" but I think she's pushing her own ideas about traveling and "being at home in the world" on her children. Don't scream at me Brangeloonies, but I think that's one of Angelina's flaws – not even consistency, not enough structure, and she's not giving her kids a good enough foundation in their childhoods.

Photos courtesy of WENN, Fame and Pacific Coast News.
70563PCN_Jolie03 FP_8249399_JolieAngelina_BloodHoney_AAR_23_41 wenn3648912 70563PCN_Jolie12 FP_8246025_Jolie_Angelina_AAR_01_08 FP_8252543_JolieAngelina_TVSet_AAR_02_06

Rooney Mara is too fancy for Law & Order: SVU: “It was so awful. So stupid.”

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 07:52 AM PST

I mentioned this yesterday, when I talked about Rooney Mara being kind of boring and over-exposed (and try-hard). She just doesn't have much of a personality, so she's trying to seem like she's really hardcore and Lisbeth Salander-like in real life. Anyway, Rooney covers the new issue of Allure, and the excerpts they've released… well, this is A Portrait of The Artist As A Smug Bitch. She reminds me of Gwyneth Paltrow, truly. Not Gwyneth now, but Gwyneth back in the day, circa 1996 when she was The Miramax Princess and everyone thought she was the coolest, and Gwyneth KNEW she was the coolest. That's where Rooney thinks she is now. She thinks that because she scored the massive role, she can bad-mouth all of her early jobs. You should go to Allure's slideshow, where they show Rooney old photos of herself and she comments on them – she's kind of a snot. Here are some highlights from the interview:

Getting her nipple pierced: “I’m naked quite a lot in the movie, and I thought, she has it in the book, and she should have it [in the movie]…Because of all the tattoos and the makeup and the piercings, and the physical transformations my body has to go through, it would always feel sort of like I was in costume, even if I was naked. It just felt like a good one to get–a necessary one to get.”

On the nudity: “Nudity is such a huge part of the character in the book, so I never thought twice about it. There was no time for hesitation. I didn’t have time to second-guess anything or be scared; I just showed up and was comfortable.”

Cutting her hair for the part: “People always ask, ‘Were you crying when they cut your hair?’ And it didn’t freak me out at all. I was really happy to do it.”

Her personal style: “I used to wear a lot of girlie, frilly things, now I buy things that are more comfortable, and more utilitarian, and sort of boyish.”

She needed a stylist in 2009: "Now you kind of have to have a stylist, because it’s somehow part of the job of being an actor to also model clothes that no one’s seen before. And you can’t really get those clothes unless you have someone getting them for you.”

Her part in a 2006 episode of Law & Order: SVU: “It was so awful. So stupid. People are obsessed with that show. I don’t get it. Me and my boyfriend—although I don’t look old enough to have a boyfriend—went and beat up these fat people, and at the end of the show you find out that I used to be obese and I hate fat people. It’s ridiculous. Who would ever do that? Who would beat someone up because they’re fat? And as retribution, they sodomized her. I mean, I’ve been sodomized since the beginning of my career. I should have known then it would come full circle.”

Her part in The Social Network: “Am I as cool as [Erica Albright] is? Maybe to an extent. Not cool; I would say I’m quite aloof. The story out there is that we did this scene 99 times. I don’t know if that’s entirely true or not, but we definitely did it a lot.”

Looking at a photo of herself and David Fincher: “Oh, sweet little David. I look so small next to him. I don’t smoke. I smoked for the film. I think I’m addicted in costume and in character. If I had to go to set right now and work, I would crave a cigarette. But otherwise, I don’t.”

[From Allure & Us Weekly]

Oh. NO. She. DIDN'T disrespect Law & Order: SVU. WTF? Why would you disrespect Law & Order: SVU, especially if you were on an episode circa 2006?!? Those were the golden years of SVU – it's gone downhill in the past few years, granted, but even then, good actors consistently show up for SVU. I guess Rooney Mara thinks she's too special to act opposite the likes of Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni and Ice-T and Richard Badass Belzer. Bitch please.

As for the rest of the interview… meh. I'm glad she's not all "Woe is me, no one can understand the brilliance I brought to this." She worked hard to get the part and she worked hard once she got the part, and I'm glad she's not acting like a martyr about it.

Photos courtesy of Allure and WENN.
rooney2 rooney1 wenn3655670 rooney3

SAG, Critics Choice noms released: lots of Brangelina for the awards season!

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 07:28 AM PST

The Critics Choice (also known as the Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards) nominations came out yesterday, and today, the Screen Actors Guild Award nominations came out. I'm not going to cover every single person, so if you'd like to see the complete lists – GO HERE for the SAG nomination list and GO HERE for the Critics Choice nomination list. Here are some general thoughts:

*Brad Pitt scored Best Actor nominations for BFCAA and SAG, both for Moneyball. It's pretty much guaranteed that he'll be nominated for Best Actor, once again for Moneyball. Same with George Clooney and The Descendants – he's guaranteed a spot on the Best Actor Oscar nomination list. Same for Jean Dujardin for The Artist.

*There's NOOOOOOO Michel Fassbender at the SAGs!!!!! Shame got shut out of the SAGs, as did A Dangerous Method. Fassy will be at the Critics Choice, though – he got a nomination there. Ryan Gosling got a Critics Choice nom for Drive, but he got shut out of the SAGs too.

*Leonardo DiCaprio got nominated for J.Edgar on both lists, but I think his support is soft. If anyone is getting knocked off the Best Actor short list, I suspect it's him.

*Melissa McCarthy got nominated on both lists too, for Supporting for Bridesmaids. Is Melissa headed to the Oscars?!? But… for Best Supporting Actress, there is no front runner. It's an even bigger mess. Octavia Spencer for The Help? Jessica Chastain for anything? Carey Mulligan, maybe?

*The supporting categories are a mess, no one really knows who to nominate for what. I'm assuming Christopher Plummer is the leading contender for Best Supporting Actor, but other favorites include Ken Branagh, Jonah Hill (Moneyball), Nick Nolte (Warrior), and… Patton Oswalt?

*Best Actress is a mess too, but it's starting to shape up. I'm seeing Viola Davis, Meryl Streep, Tilda Swinton and Michelle Williams on both nomination lists. That are four strong contenders, but the fifth lady… Lizzie Olsen? Glenn Close? Charlize Theron?

*As for Best Ensembles/Best Picture nominees, my only guarantees are big nominations for The Help, The Artist, Hugo, and The Descendants. But that still leaves a lot of places and a lot of campaigning. I can't believe how open everything is at this point in the awards season.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5765051 wenn5765331 wenn5733881 wenn3596676 wenn3600638 wenn3597959

Paris Jackson, 13, takes Lohan’s place on Ellen, is gracious and normal

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 07:08 AM PST


You know how Lindsay Lohan was too coked up in Hawaii to bother coming back to LA on time to make a scheduled stop on the Ellen DeGeneres show? (Which would have been her only tv interview promoting her Playboy cover.) Well Ellen found a much more gracious guest in the late Michael Jackson’s daughter, Paris, 13. Radar Online has a video preview of Paris’ interview, which will air on Thursday. Paris was a little nervous on Ellen, but I was so impressed by how genuine and down to earth she seemed. She’s a normal kid, and she didn’t come across like she was entitled or spoiled at all, like so many other children of celebrities I won’t name who names start with “Will,” “Jada” and “Kris.” (And it’s not those kids’ faults at all.) Paris recently landed a role in a live action animation film called Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys based on a book series. She explained to Ellen that she’s wanted to act since she was a child and that she used to do improv with her dad. After some of the very sad and heartbreaking things we’ve heard about Paris and her brothers during the trial of Dr. Murray, it was so nice to see her happy and well. Here’s some of what she said:

Paris told Ellen that she’s enjoying school and feels like she’s having a normal childhood. Despite her famous family, Paris said she wasn’t recognized by her classmates, which gives her “a chance to be normal.”

PHOTOS: Lindsay Lohan's Mugshot Hall Of Fame

"They didn't know who you were because you used to wear masks all the time,” Ellen remarked. “When you would wear the masks do you remember thinking, because obviously your dad did that to protect you so nobody would know who you are and you could go out and have a regular life.

“Do you remember wearing a mask and going this is kind of weird?” Ellen asked Paris, who said, “Yeah, I'm like, ‘This is stupid, why am I wearing a mask?’ But, I, kind of realized the older I got, like he only tried to protect us and he'd explain that to us too.”

In another candid moment, Paris shared with Ellen the most memorable thing her late father told her.

“He said, ‘If I die tomorrow, always remember what I told you,” Paris recalled. “I took his advice and I remembered everything he told me.’”

[From Radar Online]

For all you can say about Micheal Jackson, and you can say a hell of a lot about him, he seems to have raised some great kids, particularly his daughter. I hope Paris does well in her career, and I also hope she’s able to keep that sense of normalcy she values so much. You know that if Michael was still alive we probably would still have no idea what his kids look like. It seemed strange to cover their faces, as Paris admitted here, but he seems to have known what he was doing. I found this interview kind of touching. Ellen was probably ultimately happy that Lindsay didn’t show. She avoided a ton of drama with that one.

Paris Jackson is shown on 12/3/11 at the premiere of Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson’s ‘The Immortal World Tour’ in Las Vegas. Photo Credit: Judy Eddy/WENN.com

LeAnn Rimes’s leather capris & massive button problem: kind of cute or just terrible?

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 06:54 AM PST

Here are some photos of LeAnn Rimes at an event at the House of Blues in LA to celebrate "NOH8 Day". It's a human rights cause, which fits because for better or for worse, LeAnn's commitment to human/gay rights is solid. Shall we just talk about her outfit? The first thing that struck me was "Are those leather capris? Why are they bunching up like that in the crotch?" And then I saw the buttons. OMG. They're not even functional buttons, I don't think. They're just ornamental buttons on a crazy vest and they are EVERYWHERE. WTF?

But… minus the Button Problem and looking at the outfit as a whole, I have to admit that LeAnn kind of pulls it off. The jacket is cute, the combination of leather capris with a tuxedo jacket is kind of awesome, and LeAnn's hair has really improved so much. I'll just say it – she looks almost cute here.

Meanwhile, LeAnn is going back into the studio to work on yet another country album. How did Lady and Gentlemen do? Poorly? Anyway, LeAnn wants to focus on "classic country" now, saying, "If this kind of country music was still played, this is all I would do. I find myself wanting to write this kind of music and maybe making a record that’s similar to the style, but my own material. Maybe we’re bringing it back! There’s a huge misconception about me, because of the crossover hits that I’ve had . . . but this is where my heart lies and always has.” She needs to make some money, I guess. She has to keep Eddie ensconced in the luxuries he's grown accustomed to.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3656691 wenn3656699 wenn3656711 wenn3656773 wenn3656729

Amber Heard bashes closeted gays for “playing into this horribly detrimental lie”

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 05:55 AM PST

Amber Heard has been with her girlfriend Tasya van Ree for a while. I think Amber has been an out-and-proud lesbian for years, but she got a lot of attention in late 2010 when she verified her lesbianism to After Ellen during a GLAAD event. Since then, Amber's career has grown – she was on The Playboy Club (before it got canceled), and she's got a supporting part in The Rum Diary, and she's probably one of the "Fashion Girls" of the year. My point? Everybody knows she's a lesbian and it's probably helped her career, because it helped her stand out from the crowd of interchangeable blondes. So Amber is taking her experience and saying that should be the experience for other gay actors, and that those closeted gay actors should just come out of the closet:

Amber Heard is bashing Hollywood stars who are not open about their sexuality. In Women's Health magazine, "Rum Diary" star Heard, who stepped out with girlfriend Tasya van Ree at a recent GLAAD event, says, "You can't respect yourself if you're afraid to be who you are. It requires bravery to do something no one else around you is doing. But the risk was outweighed by the possibility of playing into this horribly detrimental lie that some in Hollywood perpetuate."

[From Page Six]

In Hollywood, there are levels of "In The Closet." There are people like Anderson Cooper, who everybody knows is gay – he has a hot, beefcake boyfriend, they live in a firehouse, and Coop doesn't "pretend" to be anything he's not, but he's never confirmed his homosexuality and no one ever directly asks him about. That's what's known as The Glass Closet, and it's an issue, and maybe Amber is talking about that? And then there are the gay people who want desperately for people to identify them as straight, who maintain heterosexual relationships or beards, and who probably aren't even honest with themselves. Like… oh, I don't know… perhaps ALLEGEDLY John Travolta? Which is the bigger issue in Gay Hollywood? The guy who doesn't have a problem being gay, he just doesn't want to talk about it, or the guy who is self-loathing and maintains a façade of heterosexuality?

At the end of the day, I understand the message Amber is trying to send, but I can't help but think that she's had it much easier than most, mostly because she's a really hot lesbian, you know?

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3600931 wenn3642164 wenn3646312

Lindsay Lohan misses flight to LA, misses ‘Ellen’, due in court this morning

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 04:55 AM PST

These are photos of Lindsay Lohan arriving at LAX in the early evening yesterday. As soon as she arrived, she jaunted off to a Jay-Z concert. In yesterday's Lindsay Lohan post, I asked when LL was due back in LA after her cracked-out Hawaiian jaunt. As it turns out, she was supposed to fly back to LA yesterday morning, but the dumb crackie missed her flight. Of course. Not only did she miss the early flight, she ended up standing up Ellen DeGeneres in what was supposed to be the ONE television appearance to "debut" her Playboy cover. Dumb crackhead.

Alec Baldwin isn’t the only one having travel issues these days. Lindsay Lohan, who was scheduled to return from her hit-and-miss Hawaiian vacation today, missed her flight back to Los Angeles that would have had her back in town in time for a scheduled taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

But more importantly, Lohan’s due in court bright and early tomorrow. She doesn’t need a passport to get back to the mainland, so what can the problem be—and will it keep her from her date with Judge Stephanie Sautner?!

“Lindsay had a travel-related issue arise that took a few hours to sort out,” rep Steve Honig tells E! News. “It has been resolved and she will be back in Los Angeles in time for her court appearance.”

A source also tells us that Lohan, after missing a morning flight, is booked on an afternoon flight and hopes to be back late Tuesday.

The community-servicing actress is due in court Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. for another checkup as to how she’s been handling the terms of her probation.

Sautner ordered her to complete at least 12 days of work at the L.A. County morgue by her hearing date—and Lohan’s done that, so we’re not expecting too much tap-dancing on the part of Playboy’s latest cover girl.

[From E! News]

Us Weekly just says that LL "canceled" the appearance on Ellen, and a rep for Ellen confirms that LL missed her flight. So… was it a "cancellation" or a cracktastrophe? You know what I mean? Did LL consciously choose to NOT make an appearance on Ellen – for whatever reason – and her excuse was "missing a flight" or did she honestly miss the flight – for whatever reason – and she really wanted to be on Ellen? LL’s rep tells Gossip Cop, “Lindsay offered to tape 'Ellen' tomorrow, but the show was unable to shift things around, and tomorrow is their last day of taping for the season.” But an insider at Ellen tells GC, “Not a call or an apology from Lindsay.” Dumb crackie.

As for poor, trashy Steve Honig's statement, let me translate this: "Lindsay had a travel-related issue arise that took a few hours to sort out. It has been resolved and she will be back in Los Angeles in time for her court appearance." That means, "Lindsay was partying her crack off for days, and she was still too wasted to make a morning flight. She hadn't even gone to bed because she was doing lines off of Pootie's wang for hours. She'll somehow manage to pull it together for her court appearance, meaning that she'll stroll in, looking like a day-shift hooker, with a vial of coke in her purse. She will do some lines with some of the courthouse guards, she'll look smug while the judge speaks, and then the party will continue."

Photos courtesy of WENN, Pacific Coast News and Terry Richardson's Diary.
LL3 LL2 LL1 wenn3656310 70864PCN_Lohan08 70864PCN_Lohan11 wenn3656323 wenn3656307

Tom Cruise in the ‘Rock of Ages’ trailer: gloriously painful or not that awful?

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 04:34 AM PST

Honestly, this week of Tom Cruise international red carpet appearances for Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol has been a true pleasure to cover, but now something even better has happened. That is, the first Rock of Ages trailer has debuted, and it’s even more painfully amusing than I’d hoped it would be. This is why Tom practiced ten hours per day, folks. This is why he butched it up in well-heeled boots. And this is why he rocked out on a balcony to universal cringes. In a way, it was all worth it for Tom, who writhes shirtless onstage as the “legendary” Stacee Jaxx and spews out “sex, hateful music, and … sex.” Really:

Tom seems really uninspired by signing that chick’s rack at the end of the trailer, right? Method acting. As for the rest of this mess, it’s entirely horrific but the movie might find a small to moderate audience who doesn’t mind watching Paul Giamatti and (gasp) Catherine Zeta-Jones debase themselves. As for Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin, however, they’re totally playing versions of their own personas, and Diego Bonita and Julianne Hough sure are pretty.

Now for some more fun with Tom’s plastic surgery face, which some of you doubted in yesterday’s photos of the MI4 Madrid premiere. Indeed, Tom is aging well from a physical standpoint, but his “refreshed” face isn’t merely the product of clean living and lucky genetics. He’s definitely had some very subtle work done by a skilled, highly-paid surgeon. While Tom looks pretty natural in the below photo (from the London premiere of MI4), just hold on tight because sh-t is about to get real in the aftermath.

Now, if there was ever any doubt whether or not Tom’s ever had a facelift (or two or three), check out this picture that Kaiser sent to me (on a bit of a red alert) with a nudge-wink about the strange fold of skin behind Tom’s ear. Indeed, that’s pretty damning evidence of a facelift (or two or three) and undoubtedly the reason why Tom’s been favoring turtlenecks lately:

Doesn’t Tom look like an alien televangelist in these photos? I keep expecting bolts to start popping out of his skin like Xenu Frankenstein or something.

Finally, here are Tom’s special lifts for the brisk London evening. They’re a lot more subtle than usual, aren’t they? Then again, he didn’t really pose next to anyone else on the red carpet this time around. Good plan, Tom.

Photos courtesy of WENN and AllMoviePhoto

rockofages1 wenn3655718 wenn3655808 wenn5769782 wenn3655783 wenn3655908 wenn3655814

George Clooney covers Esquire: “Democrats are terrible at selling”

Posted: 14 Dec 2011 04:33 AM PST

George Clooney covers the January issue of Esquire Magazine, the theme of which is "The Meaning of Life". Ugh, dudes. It's just a magazine! Anyway, Clooney is shilling The Descendants hard, of course, and George really, really wants another Oscar. So instead of sitting down with People Magazine to talk about his girlfriend (that comes a few weeks from now), George sits down with his dog, Einstein, and talks about "the meaning of life." The whole article is written in George's "voice" – you can read the whole thing here. I'll try to do some highlights:

On politics: I get asked a lot about getting into politics. I say, “Take a look at politics. You tell me what seems appealing about that.”

Clooney on the Democratic Party's biggest problem: "If this were a Republican president and Republican government, the advisors around it would be selling this as the most successful three years of a presidency in years. They’d start by saying, “When my guy took office, we were losing four hundred thousand jobs a month. That would mean fourteen million less jobs if we continued along that pace. And it stopped immediately. We saved the auto industry. We passed a health-care bill that no one could pass” — although Republicans wouldn’t have wanted that. “We killed Osama bin Laden.” You could go down the list of things that you could brag about. But Democrats are terrible at selling. So they’re just kind of apologizing, and everybody feels disillusioned."

Clooney doesn't play the stock market: I didn’t put money in the stock market. To me that’s like Vegas without the dancing girls — none of the fun, no gambling or dancing or drinking — and you don’t get to participate. So I paid off my house in cash when I could. It’s about having a foundation for when things go bad. I still have that mentality. When things go badly, I’ll have this piece of land I can sell first, and then I have this piece of land I can sell second. You always think that way.

He's not a balls-out Method Actor: Somebody asked me, How can you relate to being a father? Well, I’m also not running for president, but I played that role in Ides of March. I wasn’t an actual lawyer when I did Michael Clayton, and I don’t fire people for a living like I did in Up in the Air. Go down the list. It’s just a job. An acting job is playing pretend. I’ve been a child of somebody’s. I’ve been an uncle. All my friends have kids. I’m around kids. I have an understanding of what it is. And I also have a really good script that informs me what is required of this father. Because, for the most part, the father I play in The Descendants doesn’t resemble any of the fathers that I know. I don’t have friends who have the kind of issues that this guy has. So a lot of it is just the information you get from the screenplay. There are Method actors that are really wonderful. I don’t bash anybody’s way of working because the results are the only thing that matter in this game. But for me, I don’t have to do heroin to play a heroin addict.

On money, and doing commercials overseas: Ides of March I did for scale — scale as a director, scale as an actor, scale as a writer. And I don’t have any back end on it. So I’m not going to make any money after that. I enjoy living in a nice house and having a nice life. So I do two or three commercials overseas a year to sort of fill in, because they pay pretty well. The wedding one in Norway was great. I usually try to keep away from anything that would have to do with me personally. I always think the commercials should make fun of me, sort of as a personality, but I try to keep my personal life out of it. But they called and sent the script, and the idea was funny. This woman in Norway wakes up and she’s married to me. It makes a big difference when you’re working with the Carol Burnett of Norway. She’s great, and it turned out fantastic. That commercial in particular helped fund a satellite project that keeps an eye on the Sudanese border to try to hold these war criminals in check. The satellite project costs about a million and two a year. So I’m always looking for a gig like that.

On relationships and marriage: People forget that I was married. I love that, Will he get married? I don’t talk about it because I don’t think about it. I don’t ever question other peoples’ versions of how they live their lives or what they do. I understand that it’s a subject of interest for people. But sometimes it exists only because it came up years ago. It becomes this conversation piece that constantly resurfaces. Everybody sort of has their own versions of what they think I am and what they think that is. I’m just living my life and doing the best I can. The rest of those versions, there’s not much I can do about. No matter what I do, I’m somehow upsetting someone in some way or making somebody happy. I can only live my own life and my version of it. My life isn’t focused on results. My life is really focused on the process of doing all the things I’m doing, from work to relationships to friendships to charitable work. If I focused on results, if it’s only about the ultimate results, I’d be a failure in Sudan, I’d be a failure in film, I’d be a failure with my friendships, I’d be a failure in relationships. I look at it as an ongoing process.

[From Esquire]

I love that he talked about that awesome Norwegian commercial – go here to see it. He also talks a lot about politics and his humanitarian work, and he even talks about his dog. It was a decent piece, and the whole "in Clooney's own voice" angle worked really well for this particular piece. I get tired of most Esquire celebrity pieces that are just a lot of filler crap that no one cares about. Good read!

Photos courtesy of Esquire.
clooney2 clooney1 clooney3

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2011/12/celebitchy_14.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...