Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Kim Kardashian is prepared to leave “cruel jerk” Kris Humphries

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 09:00 AM PDT

fp_8069456_dwts_kardashians_coq_01_23

Yesterday, we had even more evidence that Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are headed for a split sooner rather than later: allegedly, Kris wants out of filming the reality shows. He thinks Kim isn't getting paid enough, and he's tired of cameras around them all of the time. Just know this: I almost fell asleep writing those three sentences, and it had nothing to do with the antihistamines I'm on. So, where are we today? Kim & Kris and their drama have taken the covers of Us Weekly and OK! Magazine. Here are some highlights, in convenient bullet points:

* Kris Humphries "is doing everything he can to save their marriage" says OK! Magazine. After a fight earlier this month, "Kris apologized to Kim over and over again. He admitted he was totally in the wrong and actually said, 'Don't leave me.' It was pretty desperate, but then again, he needed to say something dramatic to make her realize he was serious."

*During Kim's birthday party last weekend, she and Kris seemed "troubled" and they didn't even hold hands. A source tells OK!: "I noticed Kris didn't hold Kim's hand, which seemed strange to me."

* Kim hates cleaning up after Kris. She told OK!: "I used to clean up all of his stuff, but now I am like, 'Okay, you have got to get it together. You really have to pick up after yourself now. That's been a challenge. He likes to be a little lazy, though he wasn't as lazy before."

*Kris picks on Kim's sisters: "Kris has a mean streak. He can be cruel, a jerk; he doesn't get that what he does has consequences and that people can have their feelings hurt. He says whatever comes to his mind."

*Kris is promising not to cheat on Kim: "Kris is saying that he will never so much as look at another woman again if Kim stays with him. He is really shaken by the idea of possibly losing her. Kris is so different from the Kardashians. I don't know what will happen. Kim may eventually realize that she rushed too soon into this marriage."

*Us Weekly's source says that Kim and Kris “are not getting along at all,” and that “Kris is not drinking the Kardashian Kool-Aid, and it’s causing major problems.”

*Kris is partying a lot while Kim "works". Kim is paying the bills too. They had a fight just before her birthday, says a friend: “They had it a out! She told him he need s to do something productive…He needs to get off his ass, like, yesterday.”

*Kim made a huge mistake: “On some levels,” says the friend, “she feels like she made a mistake.”

[From OK! Magazine, Hollywood Life & Us Weekly]

But! Kim's family are publicly defending Kris in new interviews.

Whatever. Katface unhappy with douchebag, news at seven. Kim only married Kris because she simply wanted to be married (to anyone). She didn't have strong feelings for Kris either way, but it's funny to see both Kris and Kim try to act like they're SO in love and they have to "fight" for their relationship.

kim1

kim2

fp_8075846_kardashian_kim_fp10_35_46

fp_8069649_dwts_kardashians_coq_14_23

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Coroner reveals Amy Winehouse died “by misadventure,” alcohol

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 08:59 AM PDT

file2_winehouse_death_verdi
It makes me sad to report on Amy Winehouse at all. She passed away this July and initial reports said that she didn’t have any drugs in her system at the time. I thought that the case was closed and that we might never know why and how Amy died. Her family said she had recently given up drugs and drinking cold turkey, and they speculated that she may have died from alcohol withdrawal. Sadly it looks like she died from alcohol poisoning. She had five times the legal limit in her system, according to the coroner.

Amy Winehouse’s July 23 death was the “unintended consequence” of drinking too much alcohol, British coroner Suzanne Greenaway announced Wednesday.

Ruling that it was “death by misadventure,” the coroner stated that Winehouse, 27, was more than five times over the legal limit, according to the inquest, and two large bottles and one small bottle of vodka were found in the bedroom of her London home.

Winehouse was an “intelligent, determined young woman who, at times, was able to successful abstain from alcohol,” the coroner said while announcing the cause of death as “alcohol toxicity.”

Winehouse’s parents, Mitch and Janis, were in the court to hear the verdict. At the end, Mitch, a taxi driver and singer, embraced his daughter’s doctor, Christina Romete.

Earlier, the physician had told the court that she last saw Winehouse on the evening before her death. The singer, who had successfully battled drugs problems, had started drinking again after a period of abstinence, Dr. Romete said.

Romete said Winehouse had been “tipsy” but “calm” and coherent and “able to hold a conversation” during the visit. “She didn't want to die, she was looking forward to the future,” the doctor added.

Winehouse’s family had suggested that stopping drinking might have caused Winehouse’s sudden death. It earlier has been determined that no illegal drugs had been found in her system.

After learning of the cause of death, Winehouse’s family issued a statement, saying, “It is some relief to finally find out what happened to Amy. We understand there was alcohol in her system when she passed away; it is likely a build up of alcohol in her system over a number of days. The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time.”

[From People]

It bothers me that the news about the death has been released over several months. I understand that these tests take time and that it must take time to write up a report and schedule a court date to make the announcement. How hard must it be for the family, though, to finally hear the cause of death after three months? That’s just when they’re probably coming to terms with everything, and now this brings it all up again. It seemed like we already heard how she died. As the family said in their statement though, at least they know now. RIP Amy.

If you haven’t read this interview with Amy’s last boyfriend yet, you might want to see it. He says some lovely and heartbreaking things about her. Particularly “we were halfway through a conversation in our life together and then, suddenly, she disappeared."

file_winehouse_death_verdic

file4_winehouse_death_verdi

wenn8910189

Zooey Deschanel’s “25 Things”: annoying or genuinely adorable?

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 08:29 AM PDT

wenn5732921

I'm about to admit something I never thought I'd write: I kind of like Zooey Deschanel as an actress. I've been watching The New Girl, and… it's not a bad show, AT ALL. It's actually really cute, bordering on "pretty awesome, actually." After years spent as a supporting player in big-budget films and a sometimes-lead in independent films, Zooey has finally found herself helming what could be a solid television show with a long future. Now, even though my general warmth for Zooey as an actress has increased, she also pisses me off as a person. She always strikes me as a too-cutesy hipster chick trying too hard to be "different" and "wacky". Maybe her personality is genuinely wacky and quirky. Or maybe she's just a pretty normal girl who puts on airs to stand out.

All I know is that she's 31 years old, and it wouldn't hurt her to start dressing and acting her age in public. BUT - I do enjoy how The New Girl is built around Zooey's quirks and weirdness, however feigned - the character Zooey plays seems fleshed-out and authentic, like you would actually run into that girl and be annoyed with her in real life. Anyway, Zooey took part in Us Weekly's "25 Things You Don't Know About…" feature, and I can't hate on her too hard:

1. I accidentally entered a beauty pageant.
2. I hate camping, but I love summer camp.
3. I took three years off from acting and toured with my band, She & Him.
4. I used to dress up like a princess to do my homework.
5. I have had brown hair and bangs since I was 2. One year I dyed it blonde, which felt so weird.
6. I drove my mom’s old Volvo until just a few years ago.
7. I had a party at the American Girl store — recently.
8. I love coffee. I mean, I really love coffee.
9. I am always early to work but sometimes late to other things.
10. I started a comedy website for females, with my friends Sophia and Molly, called HelloGiggles.
11. I know This is Spinal Tap by heart.
12. I am really competitive at board games.
13. I talk to my mom every day.
14. I love work more than vacations.
15. I love pictures of people’s dogs.
16. I am pretty crafty. I like to bake.
17. I hate papaya.
18. I use scrunchies. Don’t judge.
19. I love pajamas.
20. I am a true blue music nerd.
21. I love cereal.
22. Pastoralia by George Saunders is one of my favorite novels.
23. I have bows painted on my toenails.
24. I took six years of tap-dancing lessons.
25. My first acting job was as Little Red Riding Hood.

[From Us Weekly]

Sigh…well, that explains the bangs at least. She's always had bangs? I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen her bangs-less? If she ever grew them out, I would imagine that she would look even more like her older sister, Emily Deschanel.

Oh, and I kind of loved "I used to dress up like a princess to do my homework." Who didn't?

wenn5732664

wenn3473282

wenn3508706

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Guess who got voted off DWTS?

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 08:22 AM PDT

1319635671_chaz-bono-4671
I wasn’t even going to report on this but everyone is covering it and making a big deal about it so I might as well. Chaz Bono got voted off DWTS finally. He probably held on a few more weeks due to the novelty factor and the fact that he was doing ridiculous theme dances. Two weeks ago it was a Rocky dance complete with ugly matching boxing robes, a set of stairs and fists in the air. This week it was Phantom of The Opera. It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting, but there was an organ, a mask and some fake laughing involved. That video is below. Dude can’t dance and it has to do with his rhythm and footwork, not his size. When Chaz was voted off this week he said a bunch of stuff on camera about being inspiring for kids going through transgender issues, only he was more vague about it to make it acceptable for ABC’s viewing audience. It was nice and didn’t come across as preachy as some are trying to make it.

Anyway apparently Chaz took issue with some of the negative ways that outspoken judge Bruno Tonioli described him.

Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer, who once again scored the lowest (with only 19 points) for their Phantom of the Opera tango, feel particularly wounded by the judges’ use of animal comparisons in critiquing the couple.

Bruno Tonioli offered this reaction to their routine: “It was like watching a cute little penguin try to be a big, menacing bird of prey. “It has to be menacing, dark, dangerous, hypnotic … like a panther stalking.”

“I always go out there and give my best and I feel like I’ve improved week to week and I don’t feel like this week was any different,” Bono, 42, told PEOPLE after Monday’s show.

“They called you an animal,” Schwimmer said. “They said you have a bad personality … I think it’s fair to say he’s not a favorite.”

Bono elaborated about the “disrespectful” animal comparisons. “I’ve been called an Ewok, a cute and cuddly bear, now tonight a penguin,” he said. “It’s disrespectful to me. ”

“It’s rude and unnecessary, and as his friend I’m embarrassed,” Schwimmer said. “We are both anti-bullying … And having the judges refer to him as animals or dis his personality, it’s unnecessary. It’s rude and it’s going back on everything that people are trying to fix. It’s disappointing that it has to be here and it has to be one of my friends.”

Schwimmer says she was so upset about what the judges said that she couldn’t hold back tears. “I cried today because I was so hurt, and I was so embarrassed that they had said that,” she said. “I’m glad that Maks stood up, because I was about to jump on that table and rip their heads off.”

[From People]

Schwimmer is referring to the fact that professional dancer Maksim mildly went off on the judges, particularly Len, when he said that his partner Hope Solo’s performance was the worst she’s given. They’re working very hard and emotions get heated, that’s understandable. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal that Bruno called Chaz a penguin. He uses animal analogies all the time. The Ewok one was kind of rude, but look at Chaz. It fits!

Cher tweeted her disappointment at the judges this week. It’s hard to tell what the hell she’s talking about, but if you put her tweets in order it’s obvious she’s pissed. “Thank u Carrie Ann 4 your Gentility u r beautiful inside & out ! To the Gentleman? I didn’t know who u We’re b4 which I guess is a blessing ! Going Home is Fine but why insult him b4 he Goes! Maybe Rudeness & Flapping Arms take the place of TALENT ! As for the Older Gentleman ….every Show Needs A Grumpy Old Man !

985742298fb4725ce6af2fd102c0999e

fbaa45155445772e386ceb12adc5ffc4

081ce901b3b1a3f384cf8b38b4937195

d5ea4dcd9d87004c4b037c6be15e4d1c

d5ea4dcd9d87004c4b037c6be15e4d1c

485c1269456a2619bda2dad473f0a63f

Prince William & Kate plan trip Copenhagen to work with UNICEF

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 08:01 AM PDT

fp_8021641_barm_princewilliam_kate_03_072

Over the weekend, The Mail's Katie Nichol, one of the few celebrity journalists with lots of access to Duchess Kate and the Middleton family, reported that Duchess Kate wasn't "allowed" to work with a charity close to her heart. That charity was The Blue Heart Campaign, a non-profit advocacy group working with issues of human trafficking, sex slavery and more. The Blue Heart Campaign has ties with the United Nations, and that "tie" or "affiliation" was cited as the "reason" why Kate couldn't work with the charity - something about how Kate is now a member of the royal family, and The Queen doesn't want her family members working with the UN…? It was all very hazy, in my opinion.

Anyway, it looks like Kate's attempt to throw the Queen under the bus for her (Kate's) own laziness has just backfired: Kate and William have just announced that they are making a trip to Copenhagen to do a photo op for UNICEF. Gulp. Don't they know that UNICEF is affiliated with the United Nations, even more so than The Blue Heart Campaign?!?!?

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge got engaged in Kenya this time last year. Now, they’ve pledged to help the region they hold dear.

The pair, both 29, have announced they will visit a UNICEF center in Copenhagen, Denmark, on Nov. 2, where they will learn about efforts to distribute emergency food and medical supplies to East Africa.

Famine is afflicting more than 13 million people, and some 320,000 children are suffering from severe acute malnutrition and are at imminent risk of death without immediate assistance.

William and Kate are hoping their visit, along with the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark, “will seek to maintain global attention on the crisis in East Africa, an area well known to the Duke and Duchess, where the situation is getting worse,” their office at St. James’s Palace says in a statement.

During the visit, they will help pack food and medical provisions and be briefed by UNICEF staff about the situation in East Africa. William also backs charities like Tusk Trust and the Henry van Straubenzee Memorial Fund that work to help the causes of conservation and education on the continent.

[From People]

Good for them for doing the UNICEF trip and drawing attention to the ongoing crisis in East Africa. Now, Kate-defenders, tell me why she can't be a UNICEF goodwill ambassador? Tell me why she can't actually sign on to do long-term work with any organization affiliated (however loosely) with the United Nations?

The countdown has begun too - all of the palace spokespeople have set the date for "January" - that's when we'll hear about all of this "research" Kate has allegedly been doing (in between getting her hair done and shopping and dieting) and when she finally becomes a patroness to a list of charities. Do you think the date will change again? All of a sudden it will be, “Oh, she needs more princess training! Wait another six months.”

wenn5688330

wenn3535803

Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.

Robert Pattinson tried to get a six-pack, admits jealousy over Taylor Lautner’s bod

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 07:31 AM PDT

15a20rpattz

Hold on to your shirts, folks, for it’s gonna be a long haul until Breaking Dawn - Part I arrives in U.S. theaters on November 18, and there’s also the overseas circuit to consider as well. Here we go with the first bit of international coverage, which involves Robert Pattinson being his usual, self-deprecating self for Mexico’s 15 a 20 (15 to 20) magazine. Yes, I used Google translate for accuracy (pathetic, right?) there even though I took four years of Spanish. At any rate, Sparklepants has revealed that this shooting movie was quite unlike any other Twilight film, for he actually tried to get his hipster, pot-smoking body into some semblance of physical shape. It’s kind of funny, really:

On Working With Bill Condon: He’s a director that likes to get involved, and he’s also a writer, so he can adapt things in the moment. Something very cool is that before everything used to be so strict “This is how it’s in the book, this is how it’s going to be in the film,” but sometimes things don’t look as good onscreen as they do in paper, so Bill was very daring in interpreting some things differently.

On Fiming The Sex Scene: The sex scene is never described in the book, so every single person who read it had their own idea in their mind. The entire time we were filming it we thought “We have to make this look spectacular to everyone,” and we were thinking on how to meet people’s expectations. But you also worry about how you’re going to look, I had never been so worried about that before, but after seeing how much Taylor works out for the movies, I thought “Well, everybody is really going to judge me now.” I always tried to think about positions where where I could tense the muscles, and suck in my belly… Ok, I think I just gave the most vain answer I could come up with.

On Taking His Shirt Off: Especially because in this saga the body of the characters seems to be a big deal. So in this movie I thought, “OK, it’s the last one, I’m getting a six pack,” and I tried, but it’s VERY hard. I worked out so hard for 6 months, so after filming the sex scene the first thing I thought was “Time to eat!”

On Vampire Sex: Bill helped us a lot. I knew it would be a very important and scary scene for Kristen and for me, so he gave us many ideas, because like I said, the book just describes the morning after and that’s it, so we had to play what happened before like in “True Blood,” but in the end everything came out great, we shot several scenes and the cuts were edited just perfect.

Yes. I haven't seen much of ["True Blood"] but people tell me Twilight is about abstinence, and about vampires not killing people, and True Blood is a total blood bath, more gory, and in this last movie the characters finally have passionate moments and, blah blah blah. So everybody obviously wonders “How do vampires have sex?” and it’s difficult to put that in a scene and actually make it trascendental. I think that’s something that would be weird to see in this saga, without making it, you know, dirty. Am I making sense? I don’t think I answered that question, we were just talking about sex (laughs).

On His Life After Twilight: I’m a very paranoid person, and I feel like if I don't keep making movies, everything will be over quickly and I’ll have a mental breakdown. So I just think about working and never stop working until people stop hiring me.

[From Twilight Poison]

Poor Robert! He actually did get shirtless already for New Moon; but if I recall correctly, those abdominal muscles were the crack work of some very inspired makeup artist:

robnewmoon

So I guess for now, we’ll just have to wait and see what the future holds for those sparkly abdominal muscles. And yes, I’ll go watch Breaking Dawn in the theater. At this point, I’m justifying the act because of my daughter, who received a cardboard Edward Cullen cutout for Christmas last year. Still, I can’t help laughing along with these terrible movies too, and I do hope that Sparkles has a career beyond Twilight. He just needs to move beyond playing the heartthrob in all of his other movies.

fp_8064666_chp_pattinsongreene_fancrazy_05_06

fp_8064665_chp_pattinsongreene_fancrazy_04_06

Photos courtesy of Fame; shirtless Rob photo courtesy of BellaandEdward.com

Jennifer Lopez’s Lisa Ho dress & Croydon facelift: busted or cute?

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 07:29 AM PDT

fp_8074049_lopez_jennifer_fp1_19_27

These are photos of Jennifer Lopez and her sister Lynda Lopez at an event yesterday in West LA. The event was some kind of press conference in which Samsung and Best Buy pledged $500,000 to J.Lo's charity, The Maribel Foundation. To read more about what Jennifer is doing, go here. The foundation has already donated $1 million to underprivileged children in LA.

What I really wanted to talk about was the fashion, though. J.Lo hasn't been doing very many public appearances lately (beyond the odd concert), so these are the first "red carpet" type photos we've had of her in a few months. Jennifer wore a Lisa Ho tulle cocktail dress for the occasion. Now… I like the color on her. I like the skirt too - I'm glad Jennifer didn't pour herself into some tight little dress, and I'm glad Jennifer isn't flashing her bits and pieces at us in some short little minidress. That being said, I don't find the bodice of this dress flattering on her at all. And taken with the "Croydon facelift" hair, everything from the waist up is pretty much a mess, right?

Oh, and remember how Jennifer dared to show human (famewhore) emotion during a weekend concert? She teared up while she was singing ("singing") and most people were like, "The famewhore is crying because she's lost her love!" Jennifer told Extra that she only broke down when she saw her mother: "I didn’t see her the whole time until this one moment, and I was a bit emotional…[I'm] a regular person like everybody else. I have feelings and emotions. My life goes great and it goes not great sometimes. But you know what? We keep going, and that's what it is.” I still don't see the controversy with J.Lo tearing up.

wenn3576456

wenn3576470

wenn3576460

fp_8074051_lopez_jennifer_fp1_21_27

Photos courtesy of WENN & Fame.

Is Cameron Diaz hooking up with Diddy again? Would you?

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 07:23 AM PDT

camerondiddy
Just for a week, I would like to have Cameron Diaz’s life but none of the consequences. Like as gross as it may sound to some of you, I’d love to sleep with Diddy and not have to worry about catching anything or having to see him again or having to deal with people judging me for sleeping with him. He just strikes me as a fun hookup and like he’d be freaky. I’d also like to sleep with Jude Law under the exact same conditions and for pretty much the same reasons. So in one way Cameron Diaz is a lucky bitch, but here we are gossiping about her for doing something that we (well I) would do anyway. Cameron was spotted in a “private” VIP booth at a club in NY with Diddy. These two had a very low-key under the radar hookup in 2008 that Diddy totally hinted at and really wanted to blab about, but didn’t. So Cameron gave him another go-round I bet. She’s all over the place post split with A-Rod and good for her?

Cameron Diaz isn't hiding out following her split with Alex Rodriguez. She partied with Sean "Diddy" Combs while closely guarded at Catch on Monday night. A spy reports, "Cameron and Diddy were surrounded by security in a private booth." The two are said to be good friends, and Diddy is still with his longtime girlfriend Cassie. Also there were Nas, Maxwell, Cuba Gooding Jr., Brian Greenberg, Lake Bell, Jeff Gordon and NBA star David Lee.

[From NY Post]

We all know how loyal Diddy is to his “longtime girlfriends,” but maybe nothing happened there and they’re just two ex lovers partying together again. Maybe she’s not-so secretly having a romantic cross-continent hookup with Jude Law. Or maybe she gets around and she’s unapologetic about it. I kind of admire that. She needs to ditch Goop though.

Cameron is shown below on 10/5/11 outside a party in London with Goop. Credit: WENN. She’s also shown out in NY on 10/10/11 and 10/11/11. Credit: PacificCoastNews

wenn3545931

wenn35459321

68127pcn_diaz06

68043pcn_diaz03

68043pcn_diaz10

L&S: Bruce Willis is expecting a baby with his wife Emma Heming

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 06:36 AM PDT

wenn5558870

This is interesting - it seems that Bruce Willis and his wife of three years, Emma Heming, are expecting their first child together. Bruce is 56 - Emma is 33 years old. I had actually been wondering why Bruce was keeping so quiet about Demi and Ashton (beyond the odd tabloid report that he's going to kick Ashton's ass), and this is probably the answer. Bruce has got his own stuff to concentrate on, and he's starting a family with his second wife. That's why he's not all over this Demi stuff.

While Demi Moore struggles to keep her marriage to Ashton Kutcher together following reports that he’d had an affair, her ex-husband Bruce Willis and his wife are stronger than ever — with some big news on the way!

Life & Style can exclusively reveal that Bruce and his wife, Emma Heming, are expecting a child.

"Emma is showing!" an insider exclusively confirms to Life & Style. Bruce has three daughters with Demi — Rumer, 23, Scout, 20, and Tallulah, 17.

And while Demi, 48, has longed to give Ashton, 33, a baby since they got married in 2005 — and gushed about it as recently as January — she hasn't been able to get pregnant.

"Emma is living Demi's dream," the insider adds. Bruce, 56, and Emma, 33, tied the knot in 2009. This will be the couple's first child.

[From Life & Style]

Way to make it all about Demi, Life & Style! Can't we just be happy for Emma and Bruce? Why does it have to be all about Demi? So, congrats to Emma and Bruce. Bruce always seemed like such a great dad to Rumer, Scout and Tallulah, so I'm sure he's excited about this "late-in-life baby" (for him, for Emma it's just a "baby"). Do you think Bruce is hoping for a boy this time? Probably.

PS… Jesus, Emma and Demi could be sisters, they look so much alike. Emma looks so much like Demi's old face, before all of the tweaking.

wenn2950272

wenn3261855

wenn3171708

Photos courtesy of WENN.

The Duggars don’t let their kids watch regular TV or have any pets

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 06:27 AM PDT

duggarheader
Rob Shuter of HuffPo has a new interview with The Duggar Family to promote their reality show. This is probably not news to Duggar-loonies, but this family with 19 kids doesn’t let them watch any regular television or have pets at all. The television thing makes sense in a way since they’re devoutly religious and homeschool. They’re starring on a reality show on a trashy network, though. I mean TLC airs My Strange Addiction, Strange Sex and Toddlers and Tiaras. What do they think about those shows? The Duggar kids do get to watch wholesome old shows like “The Andy Griffith show” on DVD, though. Jim Bob explained that they don’t have pets because they were told by some doctor that they would be a distraction. They didn’t get any pets at the start of their marriage and their kids aren’t allowed to have any either.

Oh and Jim Bob heaped praise on Kirk Cameron, that former “Growing Pains” actor who believes evolution is a myth. Cameron is so self righteous he won’t kiss anyone on screen apart from his wife. I’m sure that explains his current lack of an acting career.

According to Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of TLC’s “19 Kids and Counting,” the secret to a successful marriage is pretty simple: ditch your TV and say no to pets.

“I grew up watching TV, but when we got married a doctor friend of ours encouraged us not to have a pet or a TV the first year of marriage. So we did that. For the first year we lived on love,” Jim Bob tells me. “And after that someone gave us a TV and for the first three weeks we were both glued to it. Communications dropped off, we weren’t talking as much and we couldn’t believe the content on TV we didn’t think was appropriate. This is detrimental to our marriage. We prayed about it and felt we had to pull it out of our house, which we did. And I would say that is one of the best things we have done for our family.”

The couple admits they do now have a television in the house — not to watch other reality shows, but to watch “wholesome” family programs on DVD.

“We do watch DVDs — ‘The Andy Griffith show,’” Jim Bob tells me. “We are very selective about what we watch. We actually don’t watch broadcast TV.”

And forget Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp. Michelle’s favorite actor is Kirk Cameron because he refuses to kiss anyone but his wife.

“I really appreciate what he stands for. He says whenever he plays roles and whatever movie he will not kiss another woman besides his wife,” Michelle explains. “Whenever they have to do that they have figured it out that they will bring his wife in and he will kiss his wife and I’m so impressed. That’s one of my kids’ favorite actors.”

[From Huffington Post]

What are the Duggar kids even watching Kirk Cameron in, this Biblical Armageddon series called Left Behind? (Check out a trailer for the sequel here, the bad acting is hysterical and it looks violent.) As for the “no pets” rule, there are enough babies and toddlers for the children to care for, they don’t need a damn dog or cat. Every kid’s job is to look after another kid though that “buddy system” they have going. The youngest one is going to have it easy.

duggarfooter

duggarinset

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2011/10/celebitchy_26.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...