Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


“Ashley Greene’s DKNY ensemble isn’t all that awesome” links

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 10:27 AM PDT

Ashley Greene

Ashley Greene's DKNY ensemble misses the mark. IMO. [Moe Jackson]
Who should play Nora in The Thin Man? Sidenote: I think Amy Adams is a FAR superior actor than Isla Fisher. I could see Emily Blunt, though. [LaineyGossip]
There will be a sequel to Twins. And Eddie Murphy was just cast. [Dlisted]
Game of Thrones isn't just for nerds. [Pop Sugar]
Justin Bieber is changing music. 4 Eva. [Evil Beet]
Horrible photos of Katy Perry with black hair (it's a wig). [Yeeeah]
Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield are still super-cute. [Celebuzz]
Everybody loves Elizabeth Banks. [Pajiba]
Zooey Deschanel talks about big sister Emily. [The Blemish]
Ginnifer Goodwin has a new boyfriend. Sigh… [A Socialite Life]
I kind of like Mireille Enos's dress. [Go Fug Yourself]
Oooh, PBS will be airing Great Expectations soon! [ICYDK]
Spike Lee settled with the family he helped terrorize. [Videogum]
What did Rick Santorum almost say? He started to say "ni…" [Gawker]
See, this video kind of makes me like Newt Gingrich. [OMG Blog]
Spain's prostitutes go on strike. [The Frisky]
Orly Bloom & baby Flynn look cute. [Celebrity Baby Scoop]
Miranda Kerr still works with Victoria's Secret. [IDLITW]

Ashley Greene

Ashley Greene

Jon Hamm covers Esquire UK: “I’m no Ryan Gosling, I don’t aspire to be that.”

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 09:38 AM PDT

Jon Hamm

I don't understand the women who say "I don't get Jon Hamm." What's not to get? The man is fine. The man is talented. The man is intelligent. The man is not a boy. The man is not some vapid meathead. The Man is The Hamm. You know what I love about Mad Men's success? The fact that the show is wildly successful outside of America too. Personally, I love so many British shows and movies, and I love that the UK is responding a big way to the quality, content and production value of Mad Men. It makes me proud to be an American! And I shall salute The Hamm (Dong). Anyway, Hamm covers the May issue of Esquire UK. The interview is predictably awesome:

On Don Draper: “There is no Don Draper. Don Draper was blown up in a ditch in Korea. That whole ‘Be Don Draper’ thing, I feel it’s… sad. This is a fundamentally f**ked up human being.”

On the sweetness of his success: “It’s certainly sweet. There’s a lot of talk about, ‘Oooh, you’re so sexy!’ If people put that mantle on you, fine, but you take it with a wink and a pinch of salt. At 41 I’m like, give me a break, man, I’m no Ryan Gosling. And that’s fine. I don't aspire to be that. That's not my jam.”

On using his own struggles with grief and depression to play Don Draper: “If the audience is picking up on some kind of ‘lost’ vibe I’m giving out, then great. I hope that lends a deeper resonance. It’s not anything I'm doing consciously. All we can do as actors is bring our own personal experience to the role. My mother died when I was 10, so I did have far more experience of being raised outside my family than I had from my own home, probably. But who cares?”

On seeing a shrink aged 20 after the death of his father: “Talking to anybody helps. Talking to your friends helps. But your friends are your friends. They’ll tell you what you want to hear. The shrink doesn't sugarcoat it: ‘Hey, you're f**ked up. Do this, this and this. Don’t do this anymore.’ It’s a wonderful third-person perspective that you get from an analyst. It’s invaluable, I think.”

On first reading the script for the Man Men pilot: “I remember picking it up. Mad Men: sh-tty title. AMC: network no-one’s ever heard of. Two strikes. Then I read it. I said to her Jennifer, 'This is the best pilot I've ever read in my life.' She's going, ‘What?’ That's never the response to a pilot. Sometimes, at best, you’re like, ‘Hey! It’s not terrible!’ And I just thought, ‘I have to be in this show.’ And thus began the long, winding road to getting cast.”

On fame impinging on his life: “Obviously you can’t go tear it up and act like an idiot, but at a certain age you should probably stop doing that anyway. I’m not that interesting to follow around. I don’t fall down and you can't see up my skirt.”

[From HuffPo UK]

Did Jon Hamm really just say "that's not my jam"? And what's with all of the Gosling-namechecking lately? I never thought Gosling was that popular amongst dudes, but he's been getting a lot of love lately. Weird. But Hamm is correct – he's no Ryan Gosling. Jon's appeal is completely different and, in my opinion, better. Ryan is "the cool RA". Jon is "The Classic American Man."

Jon Hamm

Jon Hamm

Jon Hamm

Photos courtesy of Esquire UK.
Jon Hamm Jon Hamm Jon Hamm Jon Hamm Jon Hamm

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/03/celebitchy.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...