Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Rihanna on Chris Brown to Oprah: “It was embarrassing, I lost my best friend.”

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 08:52 AM PDT

Rihanna

These days, it always amazes me when the bigger pop stars sit down for an interview with Oprah, as if Oprah is still “a thing” when (clearly) very few poople watch OWN, and the network itself is shuttling steadily towards its own impending doom. But alas, now Rihanna has done an interview, which was conducted in RiRi’s own native Barbados, with O; and of course, the subject of Chris Brown came up. At one point, Rihanna also says, “I’m super-dooper afraid of the pedestal that comes with fame,” which is just more of the same crap Rihanna always says about learning to ignore the attention while she has one finger on the mouse to post her latest batch of bikini and boozing photos on Twitter and Facebook.

Anyway, I don’t mean to make light of the fact that Chris Brown beat the living hell out of his girlfriend three ago, but I do find it strange that Rihanna characterizes the incident as, “I lost my best friend.” She’s still very conflicted about what happened, right?

Rihanna broke into tears about Chris Brown in a recent interview with Oprah.

Turns out not even Oprah can end an interview with Rihanna without asking the singer about Chris Brown. In promo clips for an upcoming interview, the “Rude Boy” singer is seen crying after the TV host asks her about her relationship with Brown, who brutally assaulted her in 2009.

“It was embarrassing,” Rihanna said. “It was humiliating. I lost my best friend. I was resentful. I held a grudge. I was dark.”

Her interactions with Brown continue to set the tabloid world on fire. Rumors that the two had begun dating again were bolstered by her decision to release his-and-her remixes they collaborated on. Rihanna appeared on the remix to his “Turn Up the Music,” and Brown provided a sex-laced verse on the “Birthday Cake” remix.

The TV legend said she had expected Rihanna to be an edgy “badass,” but found that the 24-year-old singer defied all her expectations.

Oprah and Rih also chatted about the singer’s native Barbados, where the interview took place. The full conversation airs on OWN during “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” at 9 pm on Sunday, August 19th.

[From HuffPo]

Rihanna

Meanwhile, the battle over Rihanna’s finances continues unabated. In 2009, there were whisperings that Rihanna was actually broke (to the tune of only having $20,000 because allegedly, she was “not properly funded by her record label Def Jam“). Then last year, Rihanna reportedly listed her mansion as a “short sale” on the market. Now RiRi has sued her former accountants for taking too high of a commission (which she agreed to beforehand) as well as “mismanag[ing] her dough and fail[ing] to inform her that her 2009 “Last Girl on Earth” tour was losing cash.” Honestly? I obviously don’t know the entire situation, but it sounds like RiRi’s accountants tried to warn her years ago, and Rihanna basically ignored them. Also, exactly where does Jay-Z (as her manager) figure into this huge mess, hmm?

Rihanna

Rihanna

Photos courtesy of OWN

riri1 riri2 riri3 riri4

Jessica Biel loses the bangs, goes with a fancy belly shirt in Berlin: cute or fug?

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 08:06 AM PDT

Good lord, I've never found all of these actors less attractive. That's the problem with this Total Recall remake – Colin Farrell simply doesn't have chemistry with Kate Beckinsale or Jessica Biel, and the women don't have chemistry with each other, and Jessica looks like a wax figure (and she has the personality of a wax figure), and Kate looks like she sauntered out of an old-timey saloon/brothel. They all seem like they were in Berlin to promote completely separate projects, and they just chanced upon each other for a photo shoot. The only thing Kate and Jessica coordinated as footwear – and I really believe that was an accident.

I can't find the designer IDs on these dresses right now, so let's just analyze the looks. Is it weird that I hate Kate's more? Kate's dress is somewhat flattering, and God knows I love a jewel tone… but the whole ensemble just looks so cheap to me. It's just a knee-jerk reaction: I dislike it, and I can't really explain why. As for Biel's two-piece, a cropped belly shirt and a tiered skirt… it would have looked better as a one-piece. And the skirt is too high to actually make it look sexy or anything. It just looks weird. But I will Jessica extra credit for doing something with her bangs (which Timberlake hates) and going back to a flattering hairstyle. But why does she looks like a robot?!

Last thing: why am I completely "over" Colin Farrell at this point? His haircut really isn't that awful, he's in shape, and his jeans look great on him… but I still feel nothing. Is it just a situation where my "Hot Irishman" love/lust has been fulfilled by another? Shouldn't I have room in my heart (and loins) for both Fassbender and Farrell?!

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet.
FFN_API_Total_Recall_PC_081312_50857217 FFN_API_Total_Recall_PC_081312_50857213 FFN_API_Total_Recall_PC_081312_50857229 FFN_API_Total_Recall_PC_081312_50857224 FFN_API_Total_Recall_PC_081312_50857228 FFN_API_Total_Recall_PC_081312_50857230

Crystal Harris and Hugh Hefner flaunt their reconciled January December romance

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 07:53 AM PDT


I don’t know how many people will care about this story, but I find it interesting that Crystal Harris and Hugh Hefner are not only back together, but that their second go-around has lasted a few months so far. I guess Crystal realized her prospects at fame were limited and went running back to Hugh. To recap: Crystal Harris, supposedly 26, was set to marry 86 year-old Playboy head Hugh Hefner last June, but she called off the wedding just a few days before it went down. She later claimed Hef cheated on her, although she was probably the one cheating with one of Dr. Phil’s sons. Then Crystal gave an interview in which she thoroughly dissed Hef by claiming that they only had sex once and it lasted two seconds. She also said that she never wanted to see Hef naked, and that she was a virtual prisoner in his home.

Well the $2k a week allowance and the fame must have been worth the trade off to her, because Crystal and Hef are still together after reuniting in May. I’m honestly surprised. These two are said to have been filming scenes for Hef’s show “The Playboy Club,” that awful show on NBC starring Eddie Cibrian that was cancelled last year. Maybe it’s some kind of reboot to air on The Playboy Network or something, as our friends at MoeJackson point out.

Whatever is going on, Crystal sure is happy to have the camera back on her again. Unlike Hef’s other exes, she wasn’t getting much attention on her own, hence the reunion.

Hugh’s teeth look bad here. Not that we would notice if he wasn’t with a “26″ year-old woman.

Here’s 2008 Playmate Jayde Nicole. She and her cameltoe were there too.

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

NY Mag: ‘Does Kim Kardashian belong on the cover of a fashion magazine?’

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 07:26 AM PDT

Kim Kardashian is the cover girl for New York Magazine's Fall Fashion issue. The cover tagline is "Does Kim Kardashian Belong on the Cover of A Fashion Magazine?" Which is meta, considering they put her on the cover of their fashion magazine. They actually did an artsy photo shoot with Kim too, and they did a long-ass interview (go here to see the complete NY Mag piece). Will you forgive me for not caring enough to read the whole seven-page interview and lovingly extract excerpts from the junk? Because I really don't care that much. Just skimming the NY Mag piece… it seems like they don't care much either, or at least they don't care about alienating the Family Kardashian, because the first part of the piece reads like a greatest-hits of Why and How People Dislike The Kardashians. The moral of the story? "There's a sense that everything is for sale, and nothing should go un-monetized." That really is the gist of it – it's less an interview with Kim and more about Kim's relationship to the fashion industry, and how real fashion people shun her:

Recently, Kim has been making inroads in the fashion world. She comes by her fashion interest honestly, having started out as a wardrobe stylist, and she and her sisters own a popular chain of clothing boutiques called Dash and a one-off "lifestyle boutique," in Las Vegas, called Kardashian Khaos. They have clothing lines at Sears (Kardashian Kollection) and QVC (K-Dash), as well as nail polish (Kardashian Kolors) and makeup (Khroma Beauty, launching this winter). ShoeDazzle, an e-tailer Kim co-founded in 2009, has raised more than $60 million in venture capital. As a model, Kim has appeared on the covers of W and Harper's Bazaar and l'Uomo Vogue. Elizabeth Taylor was her glamour icon, and Kim spent $65,000 on jewelry at Taylor's estate sale last year. "I love designing," Kim tells me. "All morning I was talking to my sisters about different designs."

[The second time Kanye showed in Paris] though, Kim was with him in Paris, though not publicly his girlfriend. Kimye, as the tabloids call them, could be poised to become a fashion power couple. And yet Kanye, for all the criticism, has still been greeted with considerably more enthusiasm by fashion's gatekeepers. Marc Jacobs is known to be a Kim fan, but his is a decidedly outlying opinion. In May, it was reported that Wintour "hates Kim" and had banned her from the Met Costume Institute Gala (which Kanye did attend); Kardashian's rep denied this was the case. Soon after, Wintour's muse André Leon Talley told a crowd that "not even Kim Kardashian could take away from fashion."

While the attacks may derive partly from a good-faith aesthetic response to some of the clothing she wears, at least as much of it seems to stem from an aversion to non-eating-disorder body types and a broader snobbery and classism. Fashion likes to celebrate and appropriate street culture and even trash culture, except when it doesn't. Neiman Marcus did the previously unthinkable when it recently announced a collaboration with Target for the holidays. "To go from luxury to mass, or high to low, has become acceptable and even desirable," says Ed Filipowski, a prominent fashion publicist. "But when you start mass, either as a product or personality, the doors to luxury don't open easily; the keys to the kingdom are held tightly. That's what makes it luxury."

Kim and Kanye brightly stand on opposite sides of the line between fashion's dos and don'ts. With Kim, says a fashion executive, "I think she sees fashion as another means for making money. I don't think she's ever going to want to go to a fashion show for her love of clothes. She's going to want to get paid for going to that show."

The boundaryless ambit of the Kardashians is the precise obverse of the fashion world, with its exclusionary fences and rigid caste distinctions. Fashion is androgynous, anorexic, self-punishing, full of security-blanket snobberies. It wants to be transcendent, above mass commerce. It hates sex, even as it sells it (coldly). It hates flesh. Kim Kardashian—a sexpot with curves and a prodigious behind, a sybarite as well as a full-on capitalist—is an affront to everything it holds dear. It's hard to imagine a model who converted her looks into a business empire being perceived as anything other than impressive—an entrepreneur—but for this world Kim may be the wrong kind of model.

What would Kim need to do to gain acceptance? "Quit all your other jobs," the executive says.

[From New York Magazine]

During the "interview" part of the piece, Kim talks about how she's Zen and chilled out now, admitting that she doesn't read the tabloids as much anymore, she canceled her Google Alerts, and she started having the occasional drink after she turned 30. She says, "I used to be so involved with what's going on around, what's up with this person. I just really truly feel so much more calm now, and I just don't care." When asked if she would ever like to be on the cover of Vogue, she just says, "I don't really have goals as far as, I want to be on a cover or something like that. I think my goals are more just expanding my line, and having my line be really successful. That's the ultimate goal, I think, for me. I don't say, 'Oh, I want to be on this magazine or I want to do this.' It's all fun." So… Kim Kardashian is more Zen about it than Victoria Beckham. Good to know.

Photos courtesy of New York Magazine.
kim1 kim6 kim2 kim5 kim4 kim3

Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux are engaged, he proposed on his b-day

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 06:55 AM PDT

This announcement has made me review and revise my working theories about Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux. Didn't you hear? JUSTJEN FOREVER!!! Justin Theroux proposed to Jennifer Aniston on Friday (last week) – HIS 41st birthday. The backstory – Jennifer had been in North Carolina filming her latest movie, We're The Millers, for approximately two to three weeks. Until Justin flew to North Carolina last Thursday, they hadn't seen each other while Jennifer was working. Justin had been in New York and LA, and last Wednesday, Star Mag devoted their cover story to JustJen's "breakup" – the gist of Star's story was that Jennifer had issued an ultimatum to Justin about getting engaged, and he shined her on and they decided to take a break. And then the breakup rumors were denied, Justin flew to North Carolina, and magically, they got engaged!

Jennifer Aniston is getting married to boyfriend Justin Theroux!

“Justin Theroux had an amazing birthday on Friday, receiving an extraordinary gift when his girlfriend, Jennifer Aniston, accepted his proposal of marriage,” his rep tells PEOPLE exclusively.

Aniston, 43, and Theroux, 41, an actor-screenwriter, have been dating for more than a year.

The couple – who both starred in Wanderlust – were first spotted together in May 2011.

“They are great friends,” a source told PEOPLE at the time.

During an interview on Good Morning America the next month, when asked about her personal life, Aniston couldn’t hide her emotions.

“Yes, I’m very happy. I’m extremely lucky, and I’m extremely happy,” she said.

[From People]

Congrats! I mean that too. I'm very happy for Jennifer and Justin, and I hope they last a long, long time. Mostly because I enjoy seeing photos of them together, and I enjoy The Transformation of The Theroux. I'm glad that Jennifer got some version of her fairytale – a dude who accepts her as she is, a dude who loves her lifestyle, a dude who is fine with the fact that she's always going to be the more famous person in the relationship (that's the big one – many dudes wouldn't and can't deal with that). When's the wedding?! Oh, God. I just realized that the tabloids are going to go crazy planning Jennifer's alleged epic beach wedding.

Photos courtesy of WENN, Fame/Flynet.
FFN_CHP_Aniston_Theroux_061212_9181343 wenn3734216 FFN_Aniston_Theroux_MJA_061312_9183324 wenn5862206

Miley Cyrus gets a very short quasi-Gosselin hair cut: super cute?

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 05:55 AM PDT


Miley Cyrus got a very short asymmetric hair cut and has been tweeting photos of herself non-stop. Which is pretty much like any other day, except she’s focusing on her hair instead of her flat stomach. Some of Miley’s tweets on the matter include:

Never felt more me in my whole life ❤

someone just told me im prettier than Miley Cyrus.

feeling so happy in my skin.

most successful Sally day EVER! ❤❤❤ I feel pretty ohhhh so pretty and gayyyy

if you don’t have something nice to say don’t say anything at all. my hair is attached to my head no one else’s and it’s going bye bye :)

my dad @billyraycyrus used to tell me “opinions are are [sic] like ass holes every body has one” LOVE my hair ❤ feel so happy, pretty, and free

[From Miley Cyrus' twitter]

It occurred to me that Miley may have chopped off her hair in response to some kind of relationship crisis with Liam, but she’s still wearing her engagement ring and they honestly seem solid to me. She’s just 19 years old and she’s messing with her hair. (First she dyed it blonde, and then she chopped it off.) I had this same style in the eighth grade. I’m not making fun of it, I actually think it looks great on her and emphasizes how pretty she is.

Jessica Chastain just got a similar cut for a role, except with smooth hair on the shorter side, and she looks gorgeous with this style too. Will asymmetric hair be a new trend? I like it better than the fakey-fake extensions that celebrities have been wearing for years. Sometimes all that hair just looks ridiculous.

Oh and there’s a rumor that Miley just got a recurring role on Two and a Half Men. That originated in a blog I’ve never heard of called Life of The Rich and Famous [via ONTD]. I could see it happening, and having Miley would be a coup for any show. I’ll believe it when another outlet picks it up.

Miley on June 26. She looks totally different now!

The Olympics Closing Ceremony: so much better than the Opening Ceremony?

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 05:40 AM PDT

These are some selected photos from last night's Olympics Closing Ceremony. I have to admit… I found it so much more enjoyable than the Opening Ceremony. Was there still some bizarre and "eccentric" stuff? Of course. Timothy Spall as Winston Churchill and the tribute to London traffic? SURE. Why not? But considering the lack of A) giant creepy babies, B) an army of Mary Poppins, C) Pop-up villains that terrified adults, and D) Kenneth Branagh looking embarrassed, I'd say that the closing ceremony was WAY better. I loved all of the music stuff, I got wistful with John Lennon's "Imagine", I adored Russell Brand's cover of "I Am The Walrus" and it was really cool to see George Michael. As for Jessie J – ordinarily, I like her a lot. I think she has a killer voice and I like her general vibe. But I'm not sure if she was the best choice for the Queen tribute, nor do I think her butt cheeks should have made an appearance. Oh, and The Spice Girls! They were kind of meh, right? I was also afraid that we were going to lose a Spice because of how fast those cars were going.

Oh, and you already know my favorite part. DAVID GANDY!! At first, "the tribute to British fashion" felt out of place, but then those screens came down and there was Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Stella Tennant, David Gandy, Lily Cole, Lily Donaldson, Karen Elson, and Georgia May Jagger walking the Union Jack catwalk, and it was really cool and unexpected. Gandy was the only male model up there too! And he looked FINE. GAH. I love him so much.

There was no Queen Elizabeth at the Closing Ceremony – Liz is already in Scotland, on holiday. Prince Harry and Duchess Kate were sent as the Queen's royal replacements. Well, more Harry than Kate. But Kate was there too, and the cameras cut to her several times as she whispered sweet nothings into Harry's ear. The camera also caught Harry singing along to "Always Look On the Bright Side of Life" which was super-cute. Kate wore a repeat – the Whistles "Bella Body Conscious Dress". Don't ask me why she's doing an "I'm preggo" pose with her hand on her belly. I'm just assuming she and Harry went off after the Closing Ceremony and they went for a ginger heir, whom they will name Olympia Diana. Yeah, I said it.

PS… this is just a weird question, but why didn't anyone pay tribute to Elton John or Eric Clapton? Right? Elton and Eric are both English singers, arguably two of the most talented and successful people in the music industry… and both now spend most of their time in America. Is that it?

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn4029849 wenn4029846 wenn4029842 wenn4030509 wenn4030494

Benedict Cumberbatch: ‘I can’t just get anyone pregnant, it’s got to be the right person’

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 04:20 AM PDT

I don't even know how to describe this interview with Benedict Cumberbatch. He made me laugh several times, he made me want to have his strangely beautiful babies, he made me long to move to London to stalk his pale, English ass. He's lovely. He's perfect. And he's hilarious. The Telegraph sat down for an extensive interview with Cumby because he's promoting his latest mini-series, a collaboration between HBO and the BBC – it's an five-part miniseries adaptation of Ford Madox Ford's Parade's End, with Cumby playing the lead character, Christopher Tietjens. The miniseries and book is set in the 1910s-1920s, before, during and after World War I, and the book was adapted by Tom Stoppard. You can read the full interview here – there's quite a bit about the miniseries, which is interesting but I'm not going to excerpt much of it. Here are my highlights:

Playing the lead character in Parade's End: ‘I love him. I really do think that Christopher Tietjens is the character I’m most fond of ever having played.'

Wearing padding and extensive makeup for the part: ‘I had [London mayor] Boris Johnson as a visual reference,’ Cumberbatch says, retracting his angular face into his neck and tugging at his jowls. ‘I wanted to go further with it… but I think they were slightly nervous about any kind of attractiveness being completely lost.’

Playing a character whose wife cheats on him: ‘The tragedy is that Tietjens and his wife love each other, it’s just the wrong kind of love, expressed in the wrong kind of way,’ he says. ‘There but for the grace of God a lot of us might go, or are going, or have gone.’

His newfound fame: ‘It’s all gone a little bit vertiginous recently. Fame is a weird one. You need to distance yourself from it. People see a value in you that you don’t see yourself. So when I’m told of my sex-symbol status and all that nonsense I find it laughable, silly. I mean, look.’ He gestures towards his face. ‘I’m 36 and I’ve been looking at this same old mush all my life.’

His first stage role: He acted throughout his school days, beginning at a pre-prep school in Notting Hill where he starred as Joseph in the nativity play and earned his first, intoxicating laugh from the crowd when he shoved the girl playing Mary off the stage. ‘I didn’t really understand it, and I wasn’t intending to play to the house,’ he says. ‘I was just furious about how self-indulgent she was being.’

Further education: ‘Then I went to Harrow [a posh, all-boys school], and that was really the moulding of me. In my first year I had the onerous task, having just established myself as a reasonably decent rugby-playing cricketer and footballer, of starring as Titania, Queen of the Fairies. I then followed up with a Rosalind that was deemed by my drama tutor as being the finest since Vanessa Redgrave’s.’ He laughs. ‘I have seen pictures of that and it’s quite scary – I look like I am possessed by a woman.’

He didn't want a posh university: From Harrow he went to the University of Manchester to study drama, a deliberate detour from the Oxbridge route taken by so many of his peers. ‘Not that Manchester was really roughing it,’ he says, ‘but I didn’t want just an extension of my public school when I went to university. I wanted less exclusivity. I wanted more of life.’

A moment on doubt on Star Trek 2: ‘It sounds really arrogant but I don’t think I did [doubt myself], no,’ he says. ‘I’m not someone who’s naturally confident, I just knew no matter what it held for me, I was going to pursue it.’ There are still moments, he says, when his confidence falters. The first day he stepped on set of the new Star Trek film, joining an illustrious line of British stars who have played the villain in a Hollywood blockbuster, he had a momentary feeling of being out of his depth. ‘I didn’t know what I was going to do and I had very little time to establish the character in that franchise,’ he says.

Filming The Hobbit: Although he plays two roles, a necromancer and Smaug (a fantastical villain he describes with undisguised glee as ‘a 400-year-old fire-breathing worm who lives in the middle of a mountain on top of a pile of gold, who is three or four times bigger than the Empire State Building and can fly’), he barely encountered any other members of the cast. He worked on his scenes with the director, Peter Jackson, shooting against a green screen while wearing a motion-capture suit. ‘It’s sort of a grey all-in-one jumpsuit, with a skullcap, a Madonna headset and Aboriginal-like face paint,’ he explains. ‘You feel like a tit in all that gear but Peter is so lovely you soon forget.’

He longs for a family of his own: ‘I’ve been broody since I was 12, but I can’t just get anyone pregnant, it has got to be the right person,’ he says. I can’t imagine he has much time to look these days. ‘To find the right person? Oh well, there’s always a way isn’t there –and I don’t mean the internet,’ he adds, laughing. ‘I mean there are always moments and meetings and chance encounters. But to make meaningful relationships is very hard at the moment. Also, I was in a very, very long relationship all through my twenties and early thirties [to The Thick of It actress Olivia Poulet], so I know about looking for the right one, I guess. And it’s tough, it’s tough.’ For the time being, he says, he is single.

Feeling guilty about money: ‘I’ve done very well in a very bad time for our profession, which is weird. When you start getting jobs, and see your mates from drama school, you don’t really want to talk about it, because you have this innate sense of guilt that it’s not fair that others aren’t doing exactly what you’re doing. I do have that. The number of people my age, younger now, a whole generation younger, who are fiercely bright, over-educated, under-employed and who are politicised and purposeless really upsets me. It’s soul-destroying. So there is a kind of weird guilt about doing well. It’s interesting, but only very recently have I found myself able to say, “I’ve got some money in the bank account. I am allowed to enjoy this.” But at the beginning, and even now, actually, to be really honest, I’m simply thrilled to be getting money to act. Although,’ he adds, looking worried, ‘I don’t know if you should be putting that in print. If any producers read it, they’ll stiff me on my next fee.’

[From The Telegraph]

"I’ve been broody since I was 12, but I can’t just get anyone pregnant, it has got to be the right person" – PICK ME!!! ME!! For the love of God, I will have his posh, bizarrely beautiful babies. He should know that his weird features plus my Indian features will probably produce an amazing baby. Do you think he knows that? I hope he knows that. I'm waiting for you, Cumby.

Also – the bit about playing Joseph and pushing Mary off the stage because "I was just furious about how self-indulgent she was being" is Classic Cumby. I LOVE HIM.

Photos courtesy of Julian Broad/The Telegraph.
cumby1 cumby3 cumby2

Robert Downey Jr. left jars of urine on the set of ‘Zodiac’ to protest his director

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 04:19 AM PDT

Have you ever seen David Fincher's Zodiac? I didn't see it when it first came out – I think I saw it for the first time maybe two years ago. I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY. I think it might even be David Fincher's finest film, and I'm saying that as a big fan of Seven and The Social Network (but not so much The Game, Fight Club and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo – solid films, but not my favorites). At first, I thought Zodiac was going to be an interesting character study and period piece about what went down in San Francisco in the 1970s when the Zodiac Killer was prowling around. But what Fincher created was so incredibly creepy and get-under-your-skin terrifying, simply because the viewer becomes completely enmeshed in the world of the film.

Zodiac is full of great performances, mostly by Mark Ruffalo (an SFPD detective tracking Zodiac) and Jake Gyllenhaal (a cartoonist and amateur cryptographer obsessed with the Zodiac case). But there's also a ballsy, intense supporting performance by Robert Downey Jr. as a beat journalist at the San Francisco Chronicle. The film was before RDJ's giant Hollywood comeback in Iron Man – this was done in the years when RDJ was sober, but still trying to prove himself to establishment Hollywood. Here's something I didn't know about Zodiac: it was shot on digital film (a misnomer, etc). And in a new documentary, Fincher described how RDJ was unaccustomed to the kind of rapid filmmaking pace of a digital film… and how RDJ "protested" by leaving jars of urine around the set:

David Fincher says in Keanu Reeves' doc on filmmaking, "Side By Side," that Robert Downey Jr. was so peeved about putting in long hours on "Zodiac," he left jars filled with urine around the set, in protest. (Fincher's use of digital cameras meant less time for breaks.) Reeves unveiled his movie at MoMA on Thursday. He said at the Tribeca Film screening he wasn't above begging to land interviews with Fincher, Christopher Nolan, James Cameron, Martin Scorsese and George Lucas.

[From Page Six]

Keanu's documentary actually sounds incredibly interesting – the Wall Street Journal has a great piece about it here. As for RDJ and the mason jars full of urine… gross. Maybe I just don't get it because I'm a girl. There have been so many times when I wished I could just pee standing up, or just be to go without having to make a pit stop in the bathroom. But mostly… I'm really glad I'm not a boy. Boys are GROSS. Ugh, mason jars.

Photos courtesy of All Movie Photos.
zodiac2 zodiac4 zodiac3 zodiac1 wenn3675827

Anderson Cooper’s live-in boyfriend photographed making out with another man

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 04:16 AM PDT

The photos of Anderson Cooper’s boyfriend kissing another man are on The Daily Mail’s site. Photo above from 2010.

Dreamboat news anchor Anderson Cooper came out of the closet just last month after years of speculation. He issued a statement to The Daily Beast that was heartfelt, thoughtful, and detailed his reasons for publicly discussing his orientation, and for not being open about it for so long. He said that he was striving for privacy in his personal life so as not to interfere with his professional obligations as a journalist, but that he didn’t want to give the impression that he was hiding anything. Cooper concluded that “I still consider myself a reserved person and I hope this doesn't mean an end to a small amount of personal space.” He also seemed to suggest that he was coming out in part because he had a long term partner, but he was vague about it, writing “In my opinion, the ability to love another person is one of God's greatest gifts, and I thank God every day for enabling me to give and share love with the people in my life.

His statement was touching and gave the impression that Cooper was in a happy committed relationship. Only that might not be the case anymore. New photos have come out of Cooper’s live-in boyfriend, bar owner Ben Maisani, kissing another man. (We don’t have the pictures, you can see them on The Daily Mail’s website.) The two weren’t just kissing hello in a friendly way, they’re sitting down and holding hands too. It looks like they’re making out and honestly my heart kind of sunk seeing those photos. Can you imagine if you saw pictures of your partner like that with someone else? I would freak. Here’s more:

Anderson Cooper’s next set of tough questions could be reserved for his long-term boyfriend Ben Maisani after pictures of him surfaced kissing another man.

Maisani, 39, was spotted in a close embrace with a dark-haired, muscle-bound man in a New York park.

The images may come as a surprise to the CNN news anchor after it was reported last month that he wanted to marry his partner as soon as Labor Day.

The wedding rumor came several weeks after Cooper, 45, spoke publicly about his sexuality for the first time, saying: ”The fact is, I’m gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be more happy.’

There was no hint of upset from Cooper last night who looked typically sharp in a navy suit as he joined other A-listers in New York to watch Beyonce perform at the UN headquarters for World Humanitarian Day.

It is believed that Cooper has been dating Maisani, who owns gay bar Eastern Bloc in Manhattan’s East Village for around three years.

The couple live together at Cooper’s converted fire station townhouse and enjoy a low-key lifestyle, working out and going to dinner with friends including Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick.

They were encouraged to marry last year by Anderson’s mother, designer Gloria Vanderbilt. She reportedly helped the pair patch up their relationship after they struggled with conflicting work schedules.

Cooper agreed to cut back on trips abroad, while Maisani said he would do fewer night shifts at his bar. Vanderbilt, 88, was also reportedly encouraging the men to adopt a child.

[From The Daily Mail]

The story about how Cooper’s mom wanted these two to adopt a child came out last May in the National Enquirer. So whether that was true or not they’re reportedly serious. We know they’ve been together since at least 2009. I only hope that they’ve broken up and that Ben isn’t cheating on Anderson, and he’s not finding out about it through the press. It must have been huge for him to write that e-mail and to come out, and now he has to deal with the very thing he was trying to avoid – press speculation into his personal life. Whatever is going on with his relationship, you know he’s not going to address it.

I just thought of something – maybe this is a case of mistaken identity and that guy isn’t really Ben Maisani. Some of our photo agencies have been doing that lately and mislabeling average people as celebrities. It sure looks like him, but it’s hard to tell.

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News and WENN.com

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/08/celebitchy_13.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...