Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Robert Pattinson still hasn’t decided whether or not to dump Kristen Stewart

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 06:01 AM PDT

Kristen Stewart had already begun to do some photo shoots to promote her role in On the Road, plus some added promotion for her gig as the face of Balenciaga's new perfume, Florabotanica. Unfortunately for all of us, these meager photo shoots and the odd quote here and there will probably be all we hear from Kristen for the next two months, and I want to be clear: all of this stuff happened BEFORE she was caught publicly grinding on Rupert Sanders. I'm including scans from a photo shoot Kristen did with Sam Riley and Garrett Hedlund for the September issue of Marie Claire (I believe the shoot went down in Cannes), plus a nice photo in the issue of the September Vogue with Balenciaga's creative director, Nicolas Ghesquiere. I seriously doubt anything untoward happened between Kristen and Nicolas. But I'm itching to hear more about Kristen's working relationship with Garrett Hedlund. Because… yeah, I could see that.

Meanwhile, we're now about 36 hours away from Robert Pattinson's first public appearance (on television) since the cheating scandal. Tomorrow night, he will appear on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and while I doubt the interview will be some kind of weepy, emotional confessional, I suspect we'll have a better idea of how Rob feels, and whether or not he and Kristen are still together. That's where a lot of the speculation has been this week – are they still together? Eh. Rob and Kristen weren't listed on this year's Forbes list of "Highest Paid Celebrity Couples" (which was released last week) – many saw their exclusion as some kind of sign, and they were right. A spokesperson for Forbes told HuffPo, "Stewart and Pattinson were, in fact, left off of the list because they are broken up." GAH! Does Forbes have inside information? Probably not. Because a lot of outlets are claiming that Rob is considering giving Kristen another chance:

Robert Pattinson is making his way through the typical stages of heartbreak, and a source close to the Twilight star exclusively tells RadarOnline.com he’s over the anger phase and is even contemplating a reconciliation with Kristen Stewart.

“Rob was super angry for the first couple of weeks. Angry at Kristen for ruining what they had, angry at her for the public embarrassment, angry at Rupert [Sanders],” the source revealed. “But he’s starting to wind down and really think about what he’s going to do regarding his relationship with Kristen. He goes back and forth…”

According to the insider, Rob has been leaning on a select group of friends for support — and they’re giving him conflicting advice!

“There’s definitely some friends who think he should just move on from Kristen, but then there are others who still think Rob and Kristen really have a special connection and want him to give her another chance,” the source said. “He has a lot to think about and hasn’t decided either way right now.”

Rob, 26, has his first public appearance scheduled for Monday when he goes on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show with Jon Stewart to promote his new flick Cosmopolis, and the insider said he’s nervous.

“Rob’s always been a bit of an awkward nervous guy, but his appearances in New York next week have him frazzled,” the source said. “He’s keen on promoting his new movie, but he really doesn’t want to address his personal life or the cheating scandal because he’s just not ready yet and doesn’t want to say anything he’d regret.”

[From Radar]

I still don't think we can judge the state of their relationship at this point. Rob loves her, he wants to believe her, he wants to get through the Breaking Dawn promotion with as little drama as possible. After they finish out the year… all bets are off. I think I might enjoy it a little bit if Rob feigned lovely-dovey feelings for Kristen for a few months and then unceremoniously dumped her as soon as the film promotion was over.

Photos courtesy of Vogue, Marie Claire.
kristen1 kristen2 kstew1

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt did not get married in France this weekend, shock

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 05:46 AM PDT

Is it okay if I think the Brangelina-wedding speculation was kind of ridiculous this week? It's not that I couldn't see them doing a spur-of-the-moment elopement, and it's not that I don't believe that Brad is a groomzilla and that Angelina has very little to do with planning her wedding. I just never believed that Brad and Angelina would get married in the middle of August, on the same weekend as his parents' anniversary, while both Brad and Angelina are working in England, etc. There was just too much going against it. And, as I said on Friday, it wasn't going to happen and it did not happen:

Forget garden-variety buzz. The possibility that Brad Pitt is marrying Angelina Jolie this weekend in France is getting “real buzz.”

So says an excited but unnamed source to the U.K’s Sun, based on rumors that the couple are hosting some kind of event at their château with guests including Pitt’s parents and Jolie’s engagement-ring jeweler.

But multiple sources tell PEOPLE there is no wedding this weekend. (Reps did not respond for comment.) The local newspaper Var Matin also shot down a France 3 TV report of a Saturday wedding. And officials in the village say they don’t know anything about it and that it likely couldn’t happen anyway.

“Under French law couples have to get married at the town hall,” Patrick Mareschi, deputy culture secretary of the nearby village of Correns, tells Reuters. “Unlike with a religious wedding, there’s no way a couple can hold a civil ceremony at their own home.”

Which is pretty much what the photo agency X17 found out. It grumbled on its website:

“We sent an X17 photographer all the way down to the south of France – it’s pretty much in the middle of nowhere – to check out Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s chateau Miraval to see just what’s going on and … drumroll, please … there’s NOTHING going on!” the site says.

Not only did its photographer not find any signs the couple, engaged last spring, were tying the knot – no security guards, no party planners – it didn’t even see evidence of other rumors that Pitt was hosting a wedding anniversary party for his parents.

[From People]

My theory: it will happen in the autumn or winter. Angelina as a summer bride? Are you joking? Of course not. Angelina wants to wear leather. She wants to wear a voluminous wedding sack. She'll probably go with sleeves too. So, autumn or winter wedding. Probably when she wraps Maleficent and Brad wraps the neverending production of World War Z. Brad's parents will fly out. James Haven will fly out. Family members will be the priority, not George Clooney or Gwen Stefani. And who knows if it will even go down in France? I think France is the best option for them, but France isn't the only option.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3673752 wenn3649242 wenn3707639

Stacy Keibler got a job! (hosting a Lifetime show about supermarkets)

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 05:20 AM PDT

For a while now, Stacy Keibler has been trying to get a reality show gig. Not that she wants to compete on a reality show or anything at this point, but she really wanted to be the host or a judge of something. I kept hearing suspicious rumors that Simon Cowell was looking at Stacy to replace Steve Jones as host/presenter on The X Factor. But I guess that fell through… maybe Stacy got her hopes up much, much too high with that one. I mean, hosting a weekly show in which Britney Spears is a judge? We're looking for something more, right? Still, I kind of think Stacy might have sold herself too short on this one. It's just been announced that Stacy is the new hostess of a Lifetime reality show called Supermarket Superstars. It sounds like… a weird concept.

Just as photos are popping up of Stacy Keibler enjoying some down time with sweetie George Clooney in Italy, Lifetime has announced she’ll soon be hosting a new show for the channel.

Keibler will preside over a new reality-competition series called Supermarket Superstars, in which aspiring food product inventors pitch their concepts to a panel of experts for a chance to have their creation launched nationally in a major grocery chain.
Produced by The Weinstein Co. (Project Runway) and Studio Lambert (Undercover Boss), Supermarket Superstars will feature contestants pitching their creations to three mentors. (Shades of ABC’s Shark Tank?)

The mentors critique each idea, prompting the creator to further develop and refine the product before presenting the final concept to a supermarket buyer.

The winner of each episode will be rewarded with an investment in their product and a chance to return in the season finale, where one person’s brilliant idea will win the opportunity to be put into stores nationwide.

Lifetime has ordered 10 episodes of Supermarket Superstars.

[From USA Today]

I'm guessing Lifetime is aiming to get the "foodie" demographic (also known as the “Top Chef demo”), only it doesn't even sound like we're really going to be watching people MAKE the food/product that they're pitching. Or are we? The Weinstein Company's reality show baby is Project Runway, which switched over from Bravo to Lifetime after season 5. So, Harvey does have a relationship with Lifetime already, and you can bet that Lifetime is going to do an adequate push for their new show. At least now we know what Stacy has been wearing some of the tackiest Marchesa dresses this whole time – she was trying to get in with Georgina Chapman, Harvey's wife. I like and admire Stacy's hustle, and maybe I'm completely underestimating how much people want to see supermarkets bid on food ideas, but I still kind of think this whole thing sounds like a loser for Stacy. I'm a horrible judge of what reality shows are going to work, though. I thought The Voice sounded SO dumb.

Photos of Stacy in Marchesa in 2011 (the boob-tape drama dress) and 2012 (at the Marchesa show in February) courtesy of Fame/Flynet and WENN.
wenn3563723 FFN_GGFF_MarchesaFS_021512_8774711 wenn3563715 wenn5795436

Jeremy Renner will rendition his way into your heart: ‘The Bourne Legacy’ review

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 05:18 AM PDT

Do you know how much I love Jeremy Renner? So, so much. I went to see The Bourne Legacy yesterday (review at the end of the post), and my love for Renner has grown even further. I want Legacy to be a big hit for him – I want the film to make a lot of money so Jeremy can make whatever film he wants to make. Early predictions have Legacy scoring an opening weekend box office of somewhere between $40-45 million hopefully – which would mean that it's a solid success, but not a runaway hit.

I have to wonder why Jeremy didn't do more promotion for the film? It felt like the Renner interviews were few and far between. That being said, I did find some new quotes from him which make me like him even more:

Jeremy on marriage: "I come from a large, large family with many divorces, so I chose not to go down that route straight away," he says. "Instead I essentially got married to my career."

On his offbeat looks: "Aren't we taught as kids that we're beautiful because we feel beautiful and not because someone else says so?" he asks. "You don't look like the model on the magazine cover but you can still be beautiful, so I can't say I really want to change anything. I'm happy with the flaws that I have."

He's romantic but inconsistent: “It’s the inconsistency of my life that makes it difficult. I think I’m pretty romantic. I’m quite a thoughtful person. Also inconsiderate, piggish, stubborn."

[Via Contact Music & The Telegraph]

His interview in The Telegraph was actually kind of harsh – they go on and on about how he's not traditionally handsome. WTF? I think he's got a winning combination of boyishly handsome, quirky-hotness and rugged sex appeal. I would hit it. I would hit it faster than I would with most "traditionally handsome" men. Anyway…

My mini-review of The Bourne Legacy (SPOILERS included):

I know a lot of critics are totally hating on this film as "boring" and "tired" and "not as good as the Matt Damon movies." But I liked it. I loved the Damon-Bourne trilogy, and I'm preconditioned to love spy sh-t, so I was prepared to like this film in any case. I wasn't balls-out in-love with it, but I enjoyed it thoroughly, despite some plot holes and a giant suspension of disbelief that you have to make early in the film. The story, obviously, has some problems, but what saved the film were a series of stellar performances given by some of the best actors working today.

First, Jeremy Renner was AMAZING. I love this little guy, my little pocket boyfriend. And trust me, he's little. He's also BUILT. And he can ACT. He turns mediocre material into something incredibly watchable, moving and believable. He had a great deal of chemistry with Rachel Weisz, and one of my biggest complaints is actually that it took too long for those two characters to get together in the same scenes. As for Rachel – she's so pretty. I just enjoy watching her, and I want to applaud her accent work in particular – great job on her American accent. The biggest problem? Any time she had to move with haste, she seemed really uncomfortable and out of her element. Which is probably how the character was supposed to feel, but Rachel's uncomfortable "I'm running, for real now" face took me out of the movie. I liked that those two characters seemed the same age, I liked that she was educated and smart and slightly maternal. I liked that they quickly became very protective of each other – it wasn't just Renner doing the "saving" of a damsel in distress. She saved him too.

Other great, notable performances. Veteran character actor Zeljko Ivanek gave one of the (hands-down) creepiest performances EVER. Scott Glenn had a craggy, intense cameo, and fans of the original trilogy will see some familiar faces too. Edward Norton was good, but his character was actually under-written and I wasn't really clear what his real position was, and what his motives were supposed to be.

Norton's character is deeply involved with the giant suspension of disbelief that you have to make at the beginning: namely, that you have to believe that Norton's shadowy, government figure would be willing to burn an expensive, successful covert intelligence program which had yielded excellent assets, contacts and intelligence JUST BECAUSE the program is adjacent to another program that is about to be "outed". Let me just say this: I believe my government is involved with creating super-spies and super-soldiers. I believe the world of covert intelligence gathering is more ethically and morally murky than I even know. And I don't believe that my government would "burn" solid intelligence assets in Pakistan and North Korea just because some pieces of these murky programs might be exposed. You know what I'm saying? We know about rendition and wiretapping. We know that there were American spies on the ground in Pakistan hunting bin Laden. The jig is up. We KNOW. It makes no sense to burn those assets.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3992421 wenn4014372 wenn4013957

Jon Hamm & Jennifer Westfeldt are still together, despite split speculation

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 05:10 AM PDT

Here are some new photos of Jon Hamm and his girlfriend of 13-plus years, Jennifer Westfeldt, arriving at LAX a few days ago. So… they're still together. Noted! A few weeks ago, The Daily claimed that Jon Hamm had been spotted all over town, chatting up women at random bars. The report came on the heels of a LaineyGossip blind item that seemed to indicate that Jon Hamm might be the kind of dude who screws around with young ladies, and that Jennifer just kind of goes along with it. A lot of you yelled at me because I kind of felt… meh about it. So, let me clarify.

I still feel meh about it. If Lainey's blind is true (and it probably is), then yes, The Hamm isn't the dude I thought he was, and he and Westfeldt don't have the relationship I thought they did. So… I'm very disappointed in him as a person, but because of his long-standing, historical commitment to actually being a decent dude, I'm still going to hold out hope that A) he's not as big of d-bag as all of this new information indicates and B) the situation is more complicated than what we think. Some people are comparing this to the Kristen Stewart situation just to create a convoluted straw-man argument of "sexism". There are no photos of Jon Hamm making out with some chick in a Mini Cooper. There are no photos of him grinding his Hamm Dong on a friendly director. There is no public apology and public declaration of love, inviting us to speculate and judge whether the p ever went in the v. The situation is NOT the same. Even taking The Daily's report at face value… he bought some ladies some drinks. He had some friendly, drunk conversations. That's it.

But it's all okay because Jennifer and Jon are still together. Because they held hands as they were walking out of LAX.

PS… I love Jennifer's jeans.

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet.
FFN_Hamm_Jon_BJJFF_081012_50855500 FFN_Hamm_Jon_BJJFF_081012_50855499 FFN_Hamm_Jon_BJJFF_081012_50855501 FFN_Hamm_Jon_BJJFF_081012_50855495 FFN_Hamm_Jon_BJJFF_081012_50855497

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/08/celebitchy_12.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...