Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Dominic Cooper, shirtless in Italy: so gross & sleazy, or would you hit it?

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 08:46 AM PDT

This is Dominic Cooper, an English (character) actor best known for his roles in The Duchess, Mamma Mia!, The Devil's Double, Captain America, My Week With Marilyn and most recently, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. You can see his IMDB page here, and I swear to God, NO ONE should comment "OMG, WHO?" He previously dated Amanda Seyfriend on-and-off for a few years, and I believe he hooked up with Lindsay Lohan a few summers ago in Cannes. He was photographed in Italy this week with his girlfriend Ruth Negga. Incidentally, back when he was dating Amanda, it was widely reported in the British tabloids that Dominic was screwing around on Amanda WITH Ruth. So… there's that.

Anyway, we get some (a few) requests for more coverage about Dominic, so here you go. Personally, I'm not into him. He gives me a "sleazy" vibe, and these photos aren't doing anything to dissuade that feeling. He doesn't have a bad body or anything… he doesn't look very buff, but I suspect he probably does something, like running or yoga. He's really small too – I noticed that in The Duchess when Keira Knightley was trying to look like she wasn't towering over him. He's, like, Tom Cruise-sized. So… I would NOT hit it. I would run away from it, honestly.

Dominic just turned 34 in June, and he's no fewer than SEVEN films in the pipeline for the next few years. He works like a champ, and to his credit, I don't think he has much of an ego about doing supporting parts instead of lead roles. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him as the years go by. But mark my words – this guy's personal life will make headlines too. I think he has a zipper problem.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5877462 wenn5877460 wenn3986317 wenn3986313 wenn3986306 wenn5877455

Aaron Paul on Breaking Bad: Every ‘bitch’ and ‘yo’ is in the script

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 08:36 AM PDT


These are some mancandy photos of Aaron Paul in the upcoming issue of GQ. I just spent some time reading the full interview and swooning. Not only is Aaron Paul an incredibly talented actor, he’s also very humble, interested in a lot of different subjects and also truly grateful both for his career on “Breaking Bad” and for his fiance, Lauren Parsekian, whom he adores. He literally calls her “the greatest woman that has ever existed” and brings her up throughout the conversation. He got engaged on New Year’s this year and he’s really excited about getting married. He sounds like a lot of fun. Aaron did reveal some details about “Breaking Bad,” namely that he doesn’t improvise all of Jesse’s awesome “Yo, bitch” lines and they’re written in the script. He also said that a lot of amazing things are coming this season that will blow our mind. He didn’t get into specifics, though, and I guess it’s for the best. I’m looking forward to watching it without knowing any spoilers. Here’s more, thanks to GQ:

GQ: How do they roll the scripts out to you guys? On first read is it always: “Holy shit. Look at this”?
Aaron Paul: Oh yeah. We’re only given one script at a time, so I’m always just dying to read the next episode. But now that we can see the finish line, it’s bittersweet. I’m happy they’re not going to stretch out the storyline, but it’s also very sad that, you know, I’ll never play Jesse Pinkman again.

GQ: Do you have a ritual for watching on Sundays?
Aaron Paul: No, but my family in Idaho, they have a Breaking Bad night every Sunday. My parents will watch each episode four or five times.

GQ: With Breaking Bad, I’ve heard again and again that Vince’s original intention was for you to be finished after one season. Then something happened—you were good!—and so the plan shifted.
Aaron Paul: Well, I never knew that the original idea was to kill off Jesse. I had no idea. So my first meeting was—I mean, it was probably the sixth or seventh pilot that I read that season. First one that I went out for. But when I read it, I was like, AMC? They’re doing original programming? I thought they only played old Westerns. But it was hands-down the best pilot that I’ve ever read. In all honesty, I didn’t think it would see the light of day, because you don’t see stuff like that on TV.

GQ: You and Bryan, in interviews I’ve seen you guys do—even after the Emmys, for example [Bryan has won three for his role on BB, and Paul has won one]—it seems that you have just an incredibly strong friendship.
Aaron Paul: We do. And I’ll be honest: I was a decent actor before. I’m not going to beat myself up, but I—you can always learn. But after working on Breaking Bad, it’s like going to an extreme acting workshop every day. Working with Bryan, he’s just—he’s on such a different level than me.

GQ: What’s the hardest scene you’ve had to shoot for the show?
Aaron Paul: A lot of them are so hard. But I think it’s hardest with stuff that obviously has never happened to me, like with Jesse waking up to his girlfriend lying dead next to him. Fortunately there weren’t too many takes, but you still have to do at least one from each angle. That was a rough day, you know? I was just crying and freaking out the entire time.

GQ: What about non-acting? What are you into?
Aaron Paul: Well, I’m getting married—

GQ: That’s right!
Aaron Paul: That’s taking up a lot of my time, which is so fun. She’s the greatest woman that has ever existed—no offense to other women on this planet, but she is hands-down the best.

GQ: What’s the difference between really liking someone and knowing-knowing?
Aaron Paul: Well, we’d met at Coachella, became friends. And then a year later, we fell in love at Coachella. We ran off together at Coachella. You know, first kiss on the Ferris wheel sort of thing.

GQ: I thought that that was, like, a euphemism.
Aaron Paul: Yeah, it was great. But you know when people say, “When you know, you know”? It was crazy. The moment that happened—even leading up to the kiss on the Ferris wheel, I couldn’t imagine myself being without her. Because just the idea of doing this all the time was such a fantasy of mine—I was like, “Wait, can this actually exist?” I don’t know—maybe this is just on those crazy, whirlwind Coachella romances that you always hear about.

GQ: You’re big into music.
Aaron Paul: Yeah, that might be the reason why I don’t really work that much: I’m obsessed with concerts.

GQ: What’s the most memorable concert you’ve been to the last couple years?
Aaron Paul: Lauren and I saw Bright Eyes at the cemetery. I love watching concerts at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. In the summer, they’ve started doing a concert series. It’s great, because you bring your own picnic basket, big blanket, wine. My girl, she is very proud of her cheese board that she creates.

GQ: Was “bitch” on the page [script]? Or was that yours?
Aaron Paul: Every bitch is on the page; every yo is on the page. Sometimes I’ll add a bitch here and there or a couple of yos. And yo is in my day-to-day vocabulary now. I just cannot get it out.

[From GQ]

Aaron had just finished filming episode five and he was really pumped up about how great the show was getting. He didn’t reveal any secrets of the upcoming season, but there are a few vague ones in a new cover profile of Breaking Bad in The Hollywood Reporter. Show creator Vince Gilligan, a former writer for “The X Files,” talks about how the show got made despite the odds and what’s next for the characters. I can’t wait.

Aaron is shown with his fiance at Coachella in April and out on 6-2 and 6-18-12. Credit: Fame and WENN

Did Channing Tatum’s bitchfight with Alex Pettyfer lead to a photoshoot ban?

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 08:05 AM PDT

Channing Tatum

Here’s a companion piece to last week’s story about how Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer were bitchfighting on the Magic Mike set. My general consensus over the story was that Channing is such an easygoing guy that it’s hard to imagine him not being universally loved by everyone with whom he comes into contact. As for Alex, he’s obviously been working hard to overcome his douchiness from a PR stance, but I guess it’s hard to suppress one’s true (alleged) personality for an extended period of time.

Now Page Six has a followup piece about how the Channing-Alex showdown extended beyond the film set even though “those around them” (read: Matthew McConaughey and his bongos) tried to get them to kiss and make up. Reportedly, Channing (one of the movie’s producers) was so disgusted with Alex that he barred him from the EW.com beefcake promotional shoot. It certainly looks like that’s the case, since all of the group shots are conspicuously missing a certain Brit — although the magazine included one shot of Alex and Channing together on a beach, which I’ve posted below this story. Alex was also missing from the EW group interview, which included Channing, Matthew, Matt Bomer, and Joe Manganiello — none of whom ever brought Alex up during their bro talk. Alex’s rep has been quick to counter with a claim that Alex was invited but was too busy to attend. Sounds suspicious, right?

Channing Tatum

Channing Tatum

Has a beef between Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer on the set of beefcake opus Magic Mike continued beyond production?

A source close to the hit summer stripper movie tells Page Six that Tatum and Pettyfer locked horns during filming, and while the movie's creative team tried to bring the actors together, bad blood remains.

“Channing and Alex had a fight while filming,” said a source close to the movie. “Those around them tried to mend their relationship, but Channing doesn't want anything to do with Alex.”

After the film wrapped, Tatum appeared on a recent cover of Entertainment Weekly in a sexy spread, but tongues wagged because he only shared the spotlight on the shoot with buff co-stars Matthew McConaughey, Joe Manganiello and Matt Bomer.

The cover showed Tatum suggestively unbuttoning his shirt, with the headline, “Channing Tatum Wants You” followed by, “And Look! He Brought Some Friends.” But Tatum’s “friends” didn’t include Pettyfer, who has second billing above the three other actors.

“Channing said he didn't want to do [the shoot] if Alex was there,” our source sniffed. “Alex is known in Hollywood for being rude and difficult.” Previous reports have chronicled Pettyfer’s issues on other movie sets.

But a rep for Pettyfer told us about the EW shoot: “They were all offered the cover, and everyone was happy to do it with everyone else. Alex was unavailable to travel to New York . . . because he had another commitment that he couldn’t get out of. It was purely a logistical issue that prevented Alex from getting there.”

A Tatum rep denied the beef, saying, “This isn't true.” Producer Nick Wechsler told us, “Alex was a great pro to work with. He did everything that we asked for, was completely prepared and well-mannered. We have no idea where these false stories are coming from.”

[From NY Post]

Man, Alex’s old reputation is going to chase him for quite awhile, but I still can’t make a definite call on whether this story could really true. Oddly enough, I can’t even imagine how awful a dude must be if Channing would take great pains to exclude him from promotion when, in reality, Alex did receive second billing for his role. It’s hard to imagine Channing being so petty, but I guess if Channing writes Alex out of the planned sequel, then that will be a good indicator of truth to this story.

Channing Tatum Alex Pettyfer

Channing Tatum

Channing Tatum

Photos courtesy of EW.com

ew1 ew2 ew3 ew5 ew4 ew6

Pink on motherhood: “Pure joy. I miss the whiskey, not the cigarettes”

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 08:01 AM PDT

Here are some new photos of Pink, Carey Hart and their daughter Willow in LA yesterday. Aren't these cute? I love when we have new photos of Pink with her baby girl. Are you surprised Willow is a blonde? I am. I didn't even remember that Pink is a natural blonde too. Anyway, cute photos, cute baby, so what else is new with Pink? She had a new radio interview, and she was talking about how her life has changed now that she's a mom. No more cigs, no more whiskey. Good girl.

Motherhood hasn't stopped Pink from living it up on a regular basis, but her ways of celebrating have indeed been altered.

Explaining that it's "so much cooler" adding daughter Willow Sage to her and hubby Carey Hart's travel group, the pop singer, 32,told Philadelphia's Q102 radio station on Wednesday, "We wake up and dance. [We] party naked in the hotel room."

But she goes on to say that late nights with her little one in tow aren't quite the same as the ones had when it was just with Hart, 36.

"It's a different kind of partying," Pink says, of what now consists of "diapers and underwear."

Dropping her raging rituals included kicking her vices to the curb.

"It used to be whiskey, tears and cigarettes," she says. "Now it's [my baby's] kind of tears, no cigarettes and the color of poop. Pure joy. I miss the whiskey, not the cigarettes."

The "Raise Your Glass" singer's new upbeat, healthier outlook on life will be reflected in her new album, The Truth About Love, slated to drop in September.

"I do a lot of dancing now with [Willow] and I'm just happier," she says. "This album is a lot of rock and roll but it reflects that there's a dance party in our house … You're career goes up and down, but … at the end of the day, if I didn't do another thing, I'm blessed. I like myself more than I used to."

[From People]

Willow is about 13 months old, so it’s possible the “no whiskey” thing could be a breastfeeding issue. But why couldn't Pink have a whiskey anyway? Is the "no whiskey" thing more about "being a good mother"? Sigh… it's been a while since I've had a drink too. I stopped drinking last year (for the most part – I had wine on Thanksgiving, and a few sips of a daiquiri a few months ago) and I haven't really missed it that much. I gave it up for a diet/get-my-life-together thing, and once I stopped, I was fine. But the other day I really wanted a summery, fruity, rum-based cocktail but I didn't have any mixers so I forgot about it. Now that I've read this Pink story, I'm thinking about how nice it would be to have some Jack Daniels on the rocks. I swear I barely think about alcohol these days, but maybe I should just go ahead and have a cocktail and stop being so f–king neurotic about it? *quietly obsessing*

We should do a poll. “Should Kaiser have a cocktail and stop being so g–damn neurotic?”

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet.
FFN_Pink_Carey_Willow_TeachFF_071112_50830101 FFN_Pink_Carey_Willow_TeachFF_071112_50830080 FFN_Pink_Carey_Willow_TeachFF_071112_50830088 FFN_Pink_Carey_Willow_TeachFF_071112_50830084

Tom Cruise threatens to sue The Enquirer over their “Tom is a monster” cover

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 07:23 AM PDT

Is everybody starting to get slightly exhausted with all of the TomKat stuff? I am, but only a little bit. I wish everything had been drawn out for another few weeks, although I am enjoying all of the post-divorce-settlement drama too. I do think we're going to be talking about The TomKat Split for months to come, especially when Katie or Tom (or both) find new partners. Anyway, The Enquirer's cover story this week is all about Katie and Tom and how Tom is a "monster" because he locked Katie and Suri in Xenu's Dungeon and audited them with a magic wand or something. As you can imagine, Team Cruise isn't pleased about this at all. So Tom's lawyer is threatening a lawsuit, and they've already sent a "blistering" letter to American Media (owners of The Enquirer, Star, Radar, etc).

Tom Cruise’s lawyer is threatening to sue the National Enquirer over a cover story that claims the actor is a “monster” who “abused” wife Katie Holmes and subjected daughter Suri to a five-month stay in a “tiny, windowless room.”

In a blistering letter sent July 11 by longtime Cruise attorney Bert Fields to Enquirer publisher American Media, a copy of which was obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Fields claims the tabloid’s most recent cover story is “disgraceful and lurid” and will cause the actor “hundreds of millions of dollars of professional and personal damages, for which we intend to hold American Media, and everyone who participated in the perpetuation of this scurrilous attack, jointly and severally liable.”

Fields writes: “Your cover announces, as a fact, that ‘THE REAL TOM CRUISE IS A MONSTER.’ Mr. Cruise is certainly not a ‘monster.’ He is a caring father, a hardworking actor and, above all, an honest, decent man.” The cover also includes the headline “Inside Tom’s House of Horrors” alongside a picture of Cruise’s Beverly Hills residence as well as allegations that Holmes led a “tortured life” with the actor before filing for divorce on June 28.

THR reached out to American Media for comment on the letter and will update with a response.
Cruise and his Scientology religion have been the subject of intense media coverage in the wake of the Holmes divorce, which has since been settled. Fields and his law firm, LA’s Greenberg Glusker, first threatened American Media on July 10 when an image of the forthcoming Enquirer cover story leaked.

“This is the most defamatory cover the Enquirer has ever done,” wrote Greenberg Glusker attorney Aaron Moss to American Media senior media counsel Cameron Stracher in an email obtained by THR. “You need to stop this from coming out tomorrow.”

Lawyers for Hollywood stars often send warning letters to media outlets before negative articles are published because the letters help strengthen a potential defamation case, where a court would evaluate whether the outlet knew the story was false and published it with “actual malice.” When the full Enquirer story hit newstands July 11 claiming, among other things, that the Cruise/Holmes marraige was “a living nightmare” and Suri was forced to stay for five months in a tiny, windowless room, Fields followed up with the formal cease-and-desist letter.

“Mr Cuise’s home in Telluride, like his home in Beverly Hills, is a pleasant and loving home,” the letter reads. “Suri was not forced to stay for five months in a tiny windowless room. She spent most of her time with Tom and Katie. She slept in a nursery adjoining their bedroom. It has a window.”

The letter ends with a threat of litigation if the Enquirer does not “retract each and every one of your false allegations about Mr. Cruise with the same prominence and emphasis as you gave your original false and defamatory assertions.” Fields also threatens to “call the Court’s attention to your long record of printing and publishing malicious lies about celebrities in order to enrich yourselves at their expense.”

Fields writes that “these disgusting lies about Mr. Cruise will be there for all time, to be read by his children and, someday, his grandchildren.”

[From The Hollywood Reporter]

I chuckled at the emphasis on "the windowless room" pushback. Like that's the worst thing being said about Tom Cruise these days? That's always the danger for celebrities who do sue or threaten lawsuits on the tabloids – by choosing to bitch about a specific headline or story, the celebrity might be seen as giving some sort of "consent in absentia" for the OTHER tabloid stories. You know? Like, In Touch, Us Weekly, Star Magazine and People are all running variations on the whole "Katie is a victim, Tom is evil" storyline, but because Tom isn't threatening a lawsuit over them, does that make them true?

I should also note that Tom (and Katie) have done battle with American Media before – Star Magazine had to issue an apology about their cover last year in which they said Katie was addicted to Xenu-zappers or something. So… will The Enquirer issue an apology or a retraction? It depends on how good The Enquirer's sources are.

Some photos of Tom Cruise on the set of Oblivion, and Katie out last night (she wore leather pants!).

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet.
enquirer FFN_Cruise_Tom_Gun_FF8_Luc_071112_50830150 FFN_Holmes_Katie_KET_071112_50830135 FFN_Cruise_Tom_Gun_FF8_Luc_071112_50830157 FFN_Holmes_Katie_KET_071112_50830136

Miranda Kerr is still facing backlash from her anti-epidural comments

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 06:25 AM PDT

Ugh, I am completely in love with Miranda Kerr's fluttery little summer dress. It's perfect. It's beautiful. I want it. I know it probably costs a million dollars, though. Perfect summer dresses always do. Why is she taunting me?!?! Anyway, these are some pics of Miranda out and about in NYC yesterday. She had a costume change at one point, and I'm including a photo of her alternate "Wednesday outfit" too.

Did you know that Miranda has now joined the ranks of Gisele Bundchen with her "controversial" statements about mothering and childbirth? True story. A few weeks ago, I covered Miranda's Harper's Bazaar UK cover and profile, in which she said about childbirth, "I had made a decision that I wanted to do it [naturally]. I had been watching all these baby-bonding videos, and [without epidural] when the baby comes out it goes straight onto the breast. Then they showed ones right after the epidural, and that didn't happen. The baby was a little bit drugged up, and I was like 'Well, I don't want that.' I wanted to give him the best possible start in life I could."

I wasn't enraged by her comments or anything (I'm not a mom, and childbirth terrifies me, so I'm always on Team Any-Drugs-You-Want-To-Give-A-Bitch), but I did wonder aloud if there was any scientific evidence that epidurals are damaging in any way to the mom or the baby. My focus was on the science of it – but Miranda's comments quickly went viral and it became "Miranda Kerr JUDGES mothers who get epidurals because they're not doing what's best for their baby." There was a firestorm and all of the mommy blogs were discussing it. We're now two weeks out and other sites are still talking about it. Miranda still hasn't issued any kind of clarification or anything, so I don't know what to tell you. My guess is that she stands by what she said but she didn't mean it in a Judgy Mother way.

Meanwhile, Miranda does have a new interview in the latest Women's Fitness Mag, and she's discussing her "raw, clean and organic” diet. UGH. Miranda says:

"I find the most satisfying food is food that’s full of life, so it’s raw and clean and organic. We have a vegetable patch in Los Angeles so when I get the veggies out and eat them from there I love that. My grandfather had a vegetable patch when I was growing up and my grandma would just chop the vegetables up and give them to us, so I learned from that. I find that really satisfying, the raw enzymes. I also love kale, spinach, fennel, avocado – I like to eat clean. I love to cook. I love to have people over to the house and cook for them and have dinner parties. I cook anything – fish, a roast – it really depends on who is coming and what they feel like and what my husband feels like eating. I just love to make things. I make a really good panna cotta as well."

[Via Digital Spy]

I like greens, I love a salad and I like fresh food too. But I am getting a little bit tired of Miranda's "my way of life is better than everyone else's way of life" interviews. Maybe she doesn't mean it that way (in fact, I'm sure she isn't the Judgy Mother that she seems), but she's really starting to give me Gisele and Goop-vibes. Enough, Miranda.

Photos courtesy of WENN, Fame/Flynet.
wenn5877128 FFN_Miranda_Flynn_TeachFF_071112_50829979 FFN_Miranda_Flynn_TeachFF_071112_50829991 FFN_Kerr_Miranda_TeachFF_071112_50829953 wenn5877133

Is Scientology changing the rules for Tom Cruise by letting him maintain contact with Suri?

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 05:28 AM PDT

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Update: Here’s Rathbun’s interview


There’s plenty of Scientology-related Tom Cruise news today, but first let’s focus on the latest from his ex-auditor, Marty Rathbun. As we’ve covered over the past few days, Rathbun has been shockingly accurate in predicting Tom Cruise’s moves in the wake of his divorce. It’s all about how the cult handles their PR, and Rathbun knows it intimately. He was Cruise’s personal auditor (similar to a counselor) in the wake of the Kidman divorce. As we’ve heard from Rathbun, and from other ex-Scientologists with knowledge of the situation, the cult worked to both bring about Cruise and Kidman’s divorce, and to alienate her children from her. These gems that have come up in the wake of the Tomkat divorce have largely remained in the gossip press and haven’t received mainstream media coverage – until now. Rathbun is about to do an interview on Brian Williams’ Rock Center that will air on NBC tonight. MSNBC has a preview video (here) in which Rathbun explains how Kidman was declared a suppressive person. You can read more about this story on MSNBC’s website.

In terms of suppressive people and cutting Kidman out of her children’s lives, The Village Voice has a new article that claims that ex Scientologists are livid that the rules of the cult are seemingly being lifted for Tom Cruise. Cruise of course will maintain contact with his daughter, Suri, and by extension his soon-to-be ex wife, Katie Holmes. That’s not how it works for most Scientologists, who are forced to cut ties with anyone deemed a enemy of the cult. Katie Holmes most definitely falls in that category, but it’s not like she’ll be declared a suppressive person. She’s too famous, she blindsided Cruise and earned custody of Suri, and Cruise is too powerful a cult member. He won’t be forced to shun his ex wife and daughter like most other Scientologists would in that situation. Here’s more:

With so many ex-Scientologists cut off entirely from their own children, or parents, or siblings through the church’s policy of “disconnection,” it’s another slap in the face, they say, that Tom Cruise gets to bypass that rule and see his child and communicate freely with his ex-wife.

First, let’s give Katie her due: She is, without a doubt, the biggest SP in the history of Scientology.

While L. Ron Hubbard originally figured that about two and a half percent of the world’s population are “suppressive” — antisocial types who would never be reachable by Scientology — over the ensuing years, the church has applied the label “suppressive person” or “SP” to anyone it deems an enemy. Anyone, that is, who ditches Scientology or publicly criticizes it. And when a former church member or critical relative or uncooperative ex-wife or other potential source of bad juju and bad publicity is declared a suppressive person, they become like kryptonite to other Scientologists.

If you are a member of Scientology in good standing and want to stay that way, you cannot have anything to do with SPs. If it’s learned by the church that you’re working for or talking with or otherwise communicating with an SP, then you can also be declared an SP if you don’t take actions to remedy the situation.

There is no more perfect definition of a suppressive person than Katie Holmes. She has taken one of Scientology’s prize possessions — her daughter Suri — out of the church, spurned her Scientologist husband, and in the process brought more bad publicity to Scientology than it has ever had. Even the death of Lisa McPherson (1995) and the lawsuit of L. Ron Hubbard Jr. against the church (1982) did not bring this kind of sustained, multifarious entheta (negative information) from every kind of news outlet, from blogs to daily newspapers to network news. (And there’s plenty more coming, take it from me. Whoa Nelly.)

Katie Holmes, there is no doubt, is the SP from hell.

And in that case, the rules are clear: Tom Cruise must disconnect from her and her devil-spawn child. He must completely cut both of them out of his life, make sure they have no way of reaching him, and even guard against communications in a roundabout way through family and friends.

That’s what Tom would have to do, that is, if he were treated like the rest of the people in his church.

Visitation rights? Wow, you talk about Scientology sacrilege.

“I would like some visitation rights with my son Benjamin,” former top church spokesman Mike Rinder tells me. “I tried to see him, but they called the police and issued a trespass warning against me.”

“This is the double standard that gets applied,” Rinder says, explaining that simply because of who Tom Cruise is, he gets a pass and doesn’t have to follow the same rules that other Scientologists do. “The church always says it’s simply applying policy — but it’s all total crap. The church does what is convenient and expedient. It’s never what’s right or what ought to be.”

“Katie Holmes won’t be declared a suppressive person because she’s too famous,” says Amy Scobee, another former executive.

“The rest of us want visitation rights with our families,” says Amy, whose struggle to remain a part of her mother’s life led her to speak out publicly after leaving Scientology and write her book, Abuse at the Top.

The ex-Scientology community has been buzzing about this ever since ex-member Tom DeVocht said something about it on his Facebook page.

“I know so many people who can’t even talk to their kids — even worse is Karen [de la Carriere]‘s situation as an example — because the Church enforces their disconnection policy so strenuously. But Tom Cruise gets “visitation rights” to see Suri despite the fact that Katie’s divorce had EVERYTHING to do with Scientology and was possible the worse blow to Scientology’s PR yet”.

[From The Village Voice]

The Village Voice has a ton more examples of ex Scientologists disconnected from their families, and you can read more at the source. The most egregious recent example is Karen de la Carriere, the ex wife of the president of The Church of Scientology International. Karen’s 27 year-old son died recently, and she wasn’t even allowed in to the funeral home to see his body and pay her respects. We recently received a very heartfelt, detailed email from a reader who grew up in a Scientology household. She described how her father’s blind adherence to the cult helped split up her own marriage, left her estranged from an excommunicated step sister, and ultimately led her parents to divorce. So it seems like this is just how things operate in Scientology, but not for Tom Cruise.

According to E! Online, Cruise may visit with Suri this weekend, but unlike other times he’s been with his daughter in NY “there will be no photo op.” He’s currently working on the film Oblivion in the mountains of California, and a source tells E! that “As soon as he is done shooting he will arrange to see Suri. If he wasn’t shooting up in the mountains, I am sure he already would be with her.” Their source adds that the divorce settlement allows for “flexible” visitation and that Tom plans “to see Suri very, very often. He loves her dearly and is a normal parent.”

As for what’s next for Scientology, they’re planning a full-on PR offensive to include television, radio and Internet broadcasts. Their spokesperson put out a PR message making the announcement. It seems conveniently timed, although they may have been planning for it. The COS purchased a TV studio in LA last year for $42 million. Reuters has this story along with commentary from media and cult experts who expect them to “buy time on local TV stations to air shows as other religions do.” Other religions with a lot more members, and lot more transparency, than they have.

Here’s Cruise playing with a gun on the set of Oblivion yesterday. His 17 year-old son, Connor, visited him on set. The images above are of Tom with Suri on 1-25-12 and 12-16-11. Credit: WENN.com, PCNPhotos and FameFlynet

Tom Cruise And Katie Holmes Treat Suri To Family Night Out tom cruise and suri 250112 Tom Cruise Showing Off His Gun On 'Oblivion' Tom Cruise Showing Off His Gun On 'Oblivion' Tom Cruise Showing Off His Gun On 'Oblivion' Tom Cruise Showing Off His Gun On 'Oblivion' Tom Cruise Showing Off His Gun On 'Oblivion' Tom Cruise Showing Off His Gun On 'Oblivion' Semi-Exclusive... Tom Cruise Spends Time With Connor On Set SLEEPY SURI - Tom Cruise carries his daughter Suri to the Chelsea Piers playground and back to their hotel in New York City

Katie Holmes rejoins Catholic church, ‘snapped’ at CO$ demands over Suri

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 04:35 AM PDT

Katie Holmes Suri Cruise

Yesterday, Katie Holmes celebrated her return to freedom once again with a daily outing. Somehow, I get the feeling that she and Suri were trapped for nearly two years in their former New York City apartment (remember how how they used to disappear for a month at a time?) without being allowed to do any of the wonderful things that the city’s tourists can freely enjoy on a regular basis. Hence this outing to the Central Park Zoo with Katie’s mom, Kathleen, who was along for the ride. I won’t even attempt to identify these animals at the petting zoo (seriously, I am a pathetic suburbianite), but Suri appeared to truly enjoy herself.

Katie Holmes Suri Cruise

Katie Holmes Suri Cruise

In related news, Katie has also just issued a silent message, which affirms that the topic of religion was very much a reason for the dissolution of her marriage. This of course runs contrary to the assertions of Tom’s lawyers, who maintain that the CO$ had nothing to do with the divorce or the negotiations therein — because, by their spin, Tom is just a completely hetero dude looking for fly tail at every opportunity. Of course, it is standard CO$ procedure to act like the cult is merely a tool to help people through life even though at least three known Scientologists have confirmed that the CO$ was behind the Cruise-Kidman divorce as well. The only difference here? Katie filed first. Her silent message? She has just registered with a Catholic church in New York City:

Katie Holmes has finally turned her back on the controversial religion of Scientology by registering with a Catholic church in New York, it has been claimed.

According to a new report, the actress has formally confirmed her return to Catholicism by signing up to the Church of St. Francis Xavier. And Katie’s decision to register as a parishioner at the church has been met with excitement by the congregation.

On its website, the Church of St. Francis Xavier, which dates back to 1847, “strives to be a prophetic, welcoming community, inclusive witness to the presence of Christ Jesus in our midst,” according to its mission statement.

The actress’ decision to register with the church is sure to be seen as her final way of distancing herself from Scientology. And the move is also the latest sign that Katie and Tom’s six-year-old daughter Suri, of whom Katie is believed to have sole custody, will follow in the actress’ Catholic footsteps, rather than follow her father and his devotion to Scientology.

Meanwhile, Tom is reportedly “still reeling” from Katie’s decision to leave him, because of the secretive way in which she approached the split.’

[From Daily Mail]

Poor Tom. He’s “still reeling.” Look, I get that a few of you still feel for Tom and his “blindsided” response to Katie’s covert methods in acquiring the divorce, but I just don’t feel pity for the man. Here’s the thing: Tom would rather willingly (and without a fight) give up joint custody of his daughter and concede to the instant demise of his third marriage than to give up his GOD-like (and telepathic) status within the CO$. Like, he values the approval of a cult who tells him he can fly and treats him like a superior being more than he desires his wife and child. That’s pathetic, and I can’t feel sorry for anyone who prefers that sort of delusion over reality. On the subject of flying, all of this CO$ nonsense certainly puts those crazy MI4 stunts into perspective, right?

Yesterday, Kaiser covered a preview of this week’s Us Weekly, which included details of how Nicole Kidman possibly (yet not probably) offered Katie some support. Now the full issue has been released, and Us Weekly maintains that Katie grew very concerned that “Tom was beginning to audit Suri behind her back.” And that’s not all:

During a June visit on the Iceland set of Oblivion, says a Holmes source, “Tom was filming and Katie tried to discipline Suri over something. But one of Tom’s Scientology handlers stepped in and said they couldn’t let her do that, and they would have to call Tom.” Holmes “snapped,” says the source. “Katie had been watching how these same handlers turned Connor and Isabella away from their mom, Nicole. She suddenly saw that future for her.”

Holmes was running out of time. Suri is at a critical age for entrance into the church, says Scientolgoy expert Stephen Kent, a professor at the University of Alberta: “There’s an escalation of involvement when kids hit school age.” To spare Suri, Holmes had to choose divorce. “She actually still loves Tom, but would would rather leave him than have Suri turned against her,” says a Holmes rouce. It wasn’t so much Cruise she feared, adds another insider, “but his inner circle and the people handling her. They were so controlling it was terrifying.”

In her marriage to the world’s most famous Scientologist, Holmes rarely had a moment to herself, even at home. “Every move had to go through Tom’s camp, including when she could see her family,” says a source familiar with her old security. “She was monitored around the clock.” As a Holmes pal puts it, “Katie felt she was being watched more than protected.”

Accordng to Karen Schless Pressley — onetime president of the church’s Celebrity Centre — the Cruise home was staffed with informants. According to Pressley, Miscavige, the best man at the 2006 Cruise-Holmes vows, would personally read daily reports of everything that happened in the house. Adding to the suffocating scrutiny, Holmes wasn’t allowed to receive her mail. “It had to be sent to Tom’s team to open first.”

But Cruise control sometimes became comical. When booking hotels, the action star would request that staff cut out magazine pictures of TomKat “looking in love,” says a source, and put them in frames around the room.

[From Us Weekly, print edition, July 23, 2012]

That last paragraph puts into perspective Tom’s belief that he really thought everything was just peachy in his marriage to Katie. Hence his “What’s happening?” response to the split. CB and I were talking about this, and I really think Tom’s going to have a breakdown over this divorce. It might not happen immediately, but it will occur, and it will be interesting to see how the CO$ deals with it. It’s not like they can stuff Tom in a hotel room like they did with Lisa McPherson. Nope, Tom has to remain visible to the public. So … we’ll see how this plays out.

Meanwhile, this week’s tabloids are already gearing up for another wild ride. So far, we’ve got Star’s take (via Jezebel), which features a cover story titled, “Katie’s weight plummets.” The cover itself features photos from Katie’s July 4th outing that has also brought us portraits of Katie’s sideboob and skinny back. Presumably, Katie has lost weight in the past few months because of the stress of the impending divorce, which is believable, but she doesn’t really look anorexic. Just thinner. Star’s inside story is more interesting in that it contains details of Katie’s alleged $5 million payout from Tom plus $100,000 per month in alimony for five years and $30,000 more per month just for Suri. The story also goes on to claim that “Tom will do whatever it takes to make sure he comes out on top and “He’s made it clear that he’s willing to spend every last cent fighting for Suri.” Whatever. Tom has already lost. Katie has won, and he’s going to be stuck in an auditing room while Miscavige cracks his whip while wearing leather chaps. Gross.

Okay, now to erase that awful mental image. More of Suri at the zoo!

Katie Holmes Suri Cruise

Katie Holmes Suri Cruise

Katie Holmes Suri Cruise

Photos courtesy of Pacific Coast News and WENN

wenn5877154 80902PCN_Katie20 80902PCN_Katie18 80902PCN_Katie14 wenn5877155 wenn5877235 wenn5877241

Are Robert Pattinson & Andrew Garfield really bitchfighting over film roles?

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 04:25 AM PDT

Robert Pattinson

This week’s issue of Us Weekly has a story that sounds suspiciously like a recent Enquirer story about how Kristen Stewart was nervously lipbiting over the fact that new “It Girl” Jennifer Lawrence might soon take over all of Kristen’s desired roles. It was sort of a believable rumor because both of them headline franchises with JLaw as the up-and-comer of Hunger Games and KStew on the downslope of Twilight Saga, but then Jennifer went and spoiled the fun by denying the existence of a feud.

Now Us maintains that Andrew Garfield can’t stand Robert Pattinson and vice versa. Allegedly, Andrew is now acting like he’s too big for his britches because he’s now starring within a big, successful franchise that is (relatively) more respected than that one about sparkly, vegetarian vampires from which RPattz has made his millions. Here’s a glimpse inside “inside their bitter rivalry” if you can believe it:

Andrew Garfield

British stars Andrew Garfield and Robert Pattinson are hardly best mates! “The truth is, Andrew can’t stand Rob,” a source says. “Andrew hates that they’re put in the same category because they’re both English and around the same age.”

The sour sentiments seem to be mutual. At the June 23 wedding of their producer pal Kevin Turen, Pattinson, 26, and Garfield, 28, spent much of the night ignoring each other, says a witness. “They don’t enjoy hanging out,” adds the observer. “Andrew considers himself ‘a serious actor’ and sees Rob as the equivalent of a cheesy boy bander because of Twilight.”

Still, a third source chalks up the tension to a healthy Hollywood rivalry. “Both like intense parts and go after the same roles,” says the isnider. “They’re just naturally competitive.”

[From Us Weekly, print edition, July 23, 2012]

If it’s true that Andrew speaks of himself as “a serious actor,” then he’s already losing points with me. Sure, the guy was in The Social Network, but he was also in Lions for Lambs, which is nothing to brag about. And now he’s running around in tights — albeit in a franchise that fanboys will love no matter what. Does Andrew really hate Sparkles? Who knows.

As for Sparkles himself, I can see him not being excited about the new Brit boy in town, but I think he’s more nervous about his career in a very general sense and doesn’t harbor any ill will towards any competing actor in particular. Despite a couple of “flops,” the scripts are still rolling in for RPattz. He just needs to make some better decisions in the future.

By the way, here’s the latest (brand new) trailer for Cosmopolis, which is even edgier than the last one:

Robert Pattinson

Andrew Garfield

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet

FFN_API_Cosmopolis_Prem_053112_91416101 FFN_CHP_Cosmopolis_Prem_053012_9137648 FFN_Spiderman_PR_ERFF_062812_9233610 FFN_Spiderman_PR_ERFF_062812_9233609

Demi Moore’s daughters have cut off all contact, won’t return her calls, she’s ‘devastated’

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 04:23 AM PDT


Last week, Radar ran a story about how Demi Moore’s three daughters, Rumer, 23, Scout, 20, and Tallaluh, 18, weren’t talking to her. This report came on the heels of months of stories about how Demi’s daughters were embarrassed by her and wanted her to get her act together. Apparently Tallulah’s high school graduation was the final straw for the girls, who were upset at their mom’s behavior. A source told Radar “None of the girls wanted Demi there but she turned up anyway and it was really strained. They had a huge fight afterwards and the girls decided it would be in their best interests to take a break from Demi for a while.” To complicate things, the girls are said to want to continue to see their ex step dad, Ashton Kutcher, while Demi is dead set against them having any sort of relationship with him.

The latest issue of US Weekly also carried this story, and they had some more details about how poorly the graduation went. This is kind of supported by photos taken at the time, which show Demi looking pissed off all by herself while the girls hang out with their dad, Bruce Willis. Here’s some of US’ story:

“There’s a wedge between Demi and her girls,” says a source. “Demi spends most of her time in Idaho, not L.A.” [The girls], says the source, are tired of “walking on eggshells” around Moore, 49, who went to rehab in February after her split with Ashton Kutcher, 34. At Tallulah’s high school graduation, says a witness, Moore sat away from her family, “didn’t speak to them” and left before her daughter got her diploma.”

[From US Weekly, print edition, July 23, 2012]

That’s good that Demi is in Idaho, it’s probably better for her there, but she’s away from her daughters too. Things are worse than that, if you go by Radar’s latest story. Demi is said to be desperately trying to contact her daughters, and they’ve shut her out entirely. Supposedly they were fighting a lot, Demi was being too needy, and now her daughters won’t talk to her at all. She’s said to be “devastated” and “beside herself.” Here’s more:

“Demi is beside herself over the situation,” a source close to the family tells RadarOnline.com. “She hasn’t spoken to Scout, Rumer or Tallulah for weeks now, they won't return any of her calls, emails or texts.

“The girls have cut off all contact with Demi, and she is absolutely devastated by it. She has returned to work and is trying to hold herself together, but this is a really tough time for Demi.”

As previously reported, Demi’s daughters severed ties with their troubled mother after months of drama with no end in sight.

“Rumer, Scout and Tallulah just don’t want to deal with the drama at the moment,” a source close to the family previously told RadarOnline.com. “Since breaking up with Ashton, Demi has been a mess. The girls were there for her through it all — the split and the rehab but now they just feel like they need a little distance.

“Demi is just being very needy right now and the girls are tired of it, they want a mother not another little sister. They are all concerned that she is going to relapse and head back to rehab and they can’t deal with the stress and worry of it.”

[From Radar]

I would feel more for Demi if we knew she was sober and trying to get her act together, but recent reports suggest that’s not the case at all. Maybe her daughters are fed up with seeing their mom like that and have no idea what else to do except to avoid her.

Demi is back working again. She was seen on the NY City set of Very Good Girls, with Dakota Fanning, Elizabeth Olsen and Richard Dreyfus, earlier this week. All we have are these photos of her covering her face though. Would it kill her to let them get a few photos and to smile?

Photo credit: TNYF/WENN.com

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/07/celebitchy_12.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...