Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes go to gymnastics, narrowly escape a fender bender

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 09:04 AM PDT

Katie Holmes Suri Cruise

The gossip buzz surrounding the Katie Holmes-Tom Cruise divorce has cooled over the past few days, although I suspect that we’ll be hearing some new (or possibly recycled and reframed) details from the tabloids later this week. In the meantime, here are some new photos (from last night) of Katie taking Suri to her Chelsea Piers gymnastics class. After the class, their car (driven by Katie’s new security detail) was involved in a slight fender bender, which sounds scary enough; but it least it wasn’t a CO$ conspiracy — just an errant recycling truck. In NYC, that stuff happens on a regular basis, and I’m just surprised that it doesn’t happen more often since people there drive like hell.

At Suri’s gymnastics lessons, however, all was well with Suri throwing herself into the routine, which appeared to include some self-defense moves as well. She also flew through the air with the instructor’s assistance and was generally having a great time. These photos are so cute:

Katie Holmes Suri Cruise

Katie Holmes Suri Cruise

Katie Holmes Suri Cruise

Otherwise, I am awaiting the glorious Tom Cruise photo ops of his “reunion” with Suri after wrapping up filming on Oblivion. I find the whole lead-up process to that moment sort of ridiculous, and it’s not because I think that children shouldn’t see their fathers (because barring dangerous circumstances, they should). Rather, I don’t really know that Suri (at this stage, anyway) has realized what’s going on between her parents. She’s already used to Tom being away for months at a time, so how is the current situation really that much different than usual where Tom is concerned? Suri’s clearly been having the time of her life doing normal things. Tom will have to step up his game in that department, and you know he’ll try to top Katie (probably by getting her a puppy, unlike mean old mommy), but Tom will never be able to top Katie in the normalacy department. Like, Tom is physically incapable of being “normal.”

In other slightly rude news, the Mail recently made a huge deal about how Tom visited the bathroom 3 times in 20 minutes on the Oblivion set. So basically, this news cycle may just run its course sooner rather than later. Still, the tabloids are hopeful that they’ll be able to continue cashing in on the divorce because they’ve made a ton of money so far from the split:

Weekly magazine sales following the news that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes split have gone through the roof, as HuffPost Celebrity previously reported.

People magazine was the biggest winner, increasing sales by more than 27 percent the week the split was announced and now, in week two of the divorce drama, magazine sales have again been huge.

Early numbers show that all three magazines featuring Tom and Katie on the cover the week after the split saw huge newsstands sales surges. People magazine sold 1.4 million copies, Us Weekly sold more than 720,000 copies and In Touch sold 632,000. Last week, four weekly magazines put the Tom and Katie news on the cover — People, Us Weekly, In Touch and Star magazine — and early numbers show that once again sales were very strong.

“This is exactly what we needed," one editor-in-chief tells me. "This is the biggest celebrity story since Whitney [Houston] died and looks like it's going to be even bigger as far as how long we can keep putting Katie on the cover and see it sell. I predict at least three of the major six weeklies will do Tom and Katie as the main cover again this week. We have not seen anything like this since Kate and Jon Gosselin split.”

Kate Gosselin still holds the record for most consecutive covers, having appeared on the cover of Us Weekly seven consecutive weeks in a row. However, after just two weeks media insiders think Katie Holmes is on track to beat her.

[From Huff Po]

Isn’t it bizarre how someone as inconsequential as Kate Gosselin actually covered seven consecutive issues of a magazine? Now nobody pays attention to her at all, but at one point, many people cared enough to pay to read her stories week after week. These days, it’s all about Katie and Tom, and millions of readers certainly want to know the sordid details of what went down in their marriage. Yet with a supposed iron-clad settlement deal taking place so early in the divorce process, I have to wonder how the tabloids will keep cranking out so many stories unless they just start making sh-t up. Not that they’re strangers to the process, mind you.

Katie Holmes Suri Cruise

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet and Pacific Coast News

FFN_Katie_Suri_MarquezFF_071212_50830881 81127PCN_SuriGym23 81127PCN_SuriGym09 81127PCN_SuriGym11 81127PCN_SuriGym07 81127PCN_SuriGym22

Anne Hathaway might be pregnant, allegedly: does she look like it at all?

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 08:28 AM PDT

I completely missed this story over the weekend, so for that, I apologize. Apparently, several media outlets (like, all of them) are trying to claim that Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman are expecting their first child. The evidence is pretty thin – Radar has photos of Adam and Anne "celebrating" with their parents over dinner in NYC over the weekend. Radar has an eyewitness who claimed:

“Not only did both Anne and Adam have their parents at dinner with them, which is unusual, but the amount of enthusiasm and excitement made it clear that they were celebrating some major news,” an eyewitness said. “And while everyone else sipped on wine at dinner, Anne didn’t drink any alcohol, which is an indication that she could be pregnant. Anne and Adam are already engaged, so the only other good news could be a baby on the way! Anne has been getting flack lately for her weight loss, but last night it looked like there was a bump on her belly.”

[From Radar]

Now, look at these photos of Anne at last night's TDKR premiere again. I didn't say anything about a Bump Watch because it literally did NOT occur to me when I glanced through the photos. If anything, I thought to myself, "God, she really did lose a lot of weight for 'Les Mis'." She looks so slim to me – and her boobs look kind of deflated from the weight loss too. My take: those don't look like early-pregnancy boobs, nor does Anne's face look in any way "filled out" from pregnancy. I know not all women are the same, etc, etc, but usually Bump Watch is more obvious.

Of course, there are signs that I could be wrong and Anne actually is knocked up. For one, Anne didn't deny the reports while on the red carpet. Two, she wore an awful dress with a possible bump-concealing peplum. Three, Annie wants an Oscar and maybe she thinks "The Natalie Portman Method" to Oscar campaigning would really work out. That's the big one, by the way – I like Anne a lot, but I'll admit that I wouldn't put it past her to calculate a pregnancy to help along with an Oscar campaign. So… the chances she's actually knocked up are (by my estimation) 50-50.

Photos courtesy of WENN, Fame/Flynet.
wenn5879510 FFN_GGFF_DarkKnightRises_071612_50835201 FFN_GGFF_DarkKnightRises_071612_50835267 wenn3992916 wenn5879514

Mom who smokes pot daily calls out drunk moms: fair or no different?

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 08:21 AM PDT


Last week, Jezebel ran a first person essay from a anonymous mom who regularly smoked pot and had a baby at home she cared for, while high. The mom described how she could focus on her baby and play games with her while high in a way that wasn’t possible after drinking too much. She wrote that she wanted to take the stigma away from marijuana use by parents. It was a funny essay, but this mom’s kid was a baby and her husband was there to pick up the slack. Is she still going to be toking up daily as the kid grows up? It just seemed short-sighted to me.

Yesterday, The Today Show’s blog ran a related story from a 40-something mom to 8 and 6 year-old boys who admitted to smoking pot daily to cope with stress. This mom, who only goes by “Margaret,” went on to call moms who drink too much “pathetic.” It was controversial to say the least, and I really didn’t see how this lady is better or different than moms who drink too much. Here’s part of Today’s story, with more at the source:

Every night, Margaret's two boys fly into the house after sports practice and flip on the TV, while she races to the kitchen to get dinner cooking. "It's that tedious witching hour when I feel incredibly frazzled," says the Tennessee singer/songwriter mom of a 6- and an 8-year-old. But instead of pouring herself a glass or two of merlot, she heads to the standalone garage next to their house for a few puffs of Humboldt Kush, one of the four strains of pot she smokes seven days a week.

The drug helps her keep focus on the giant statue of popsicle sticks she's building with her kids and relaxes her so she can get through the rest of the night without stressing. "It can make folding a pile of laundry fun," says Margaret, 45, who asked that we not use her last name for fear of getting in trouble with the law. "If I didn't smoke, that'd be three piles later in the week."

Still, she doesn't flaunt her marijuana use. Her sons aren't allowed to go into the room where she keeps the drugs locked up, and she hides it from other moms who would keep their kids away if they knew she smoked pot.

"Being judged for doing something nontoxic and totally organic, enjoying a god-given plant, by moms who suck back two bottles of Chardonnay like sports drinks feels like s—," complains Margaret. "Any hypocrisy is hard to swallow. A drunk mother is pathetic and I often leave parties when I experience other mothers tying one on."

Margaret isn't the only pot-smoking mom tired of being judged by moms who religiously drink glasses of wine or "mommy juice." Recently, one mom stirred up some controversy when she admitted to parenting while stoned in an essay on Jezebel.com. Today, the group Moms for Marijuana International has more than 18,000 likes on Facebook.

"No matter what you use, you shouldn't be judged if it works for you, you're productive, and you do no harm," says Diane Fornbacher, co-vice chair of the Women's Alliance at NORML, the non-profit lobbying organization working to legalize marijuana. "Marijuana parents aren't perfect, but they're far less imperfect than parents who use alcohol irresponsibly. Cannabis can influence people to be nicer to one another. You rarely find a story that says two stoners beat each other up outside of a bar."

Sharon Letts, a California mom who brewed Cannabis tea for her 16-year-old daughter when she was stricken with pain from fibromyalgia, agrees. "Cannabis takes the edge off your day, in the same way wine does. But it's not addictive, it is habitual. It doesn't ruin your body like alcohol. I would much rather see parents using cannabis than alcohol — hands down."

Of course, pot is illegal and alcohol is legal. Letts and her daughter felt paranoid that the tea's smell would alert their neighbors. The price for getting caught is high. In some states, moms risk getting arrested and incarcerated, as well as having their kids taken away from them.

"If I wanted to, I could sit with a glass of wine in one hand, a cup of coffee in the other, with a cigarette pressed between my lips, under the influence of prescription narcotics — all the while holding my child in my lap," says Serra Frank, founding director of Moms for Marijuana and mother of two, ages 9 and 12.

"Everywhere we look our families are bombarded with advertisements for these drugs. Our societies benefit from taxes placed on the manufacture and sale of these drugs. Yet, we can't make the decision to choose one of the most commonly used drugs, one that has proven to be much safer than all the rest? That's just not logical."

Whether a mom chooses wine or pot to take the edge off her day, how she uses the drug is important to consider.

[From The Today Show]

What about being sober around your kid(s)? What about striving to be a good mom by coping with negative feelings instead of blotting them out? Kids who are in grade school totally know when their parents are drunk or high. Kids who are younger than that depend on their parents for basic needs and are getting shafted when their caregivers aren’t all there. I’m not saying that it’s not fine to knock back a few or toke up as a parent, but not every weeknight at the “stressful time” as this mom claims. I do believe that smoking pot is no worse, or better, than drinking. I’m for decriminalization. Different strokes, but why get high all the time and set that example? It’s a slippery slope argument to say “it’s better than the drunk moms.” Maybe it is by some very low standards, but why not focus on your own family and dealing with your own issues without getting blotto? Also, I agree that there’s a huge problem with prescription drug abuse. But again it’s all drugs. Kids need moms who are there for them. This crap should be “recreational,” not daily.

Photo credit: clemes fait, Photocase and Susann Städter, Photocase.

Jennifer Lopez wants to marry Casper Smart: “The biggest dream is the fairy tale”

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 07:54 AM PDT

I can still remember when Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck did an exclusive joint interview with Dateline in 2003. The interview was easily one of the greatest moments of pop culture/celebrity news of the past twenty years – Jennifer talking over Ben, Ben looking like he was in over his head, both of them answering questions about their life together. It was amazing. I always think that the Dateline special set the standard for "celebrity couples doing awkward joint interviews" and I always think THAT is the reason so few celebrity couples do joint interviews. Anyway, Jennifer has her new budget boyfriend Casper Smart. And she's got to promote her tour! So she did an interview with Good Morning America – and it turned into an interview with Casper! Because Casper = Ben Affleck!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, Jennifer and Casper didn't sit down together to talk about their love. No, Casper was interviewed solo about what it's like to be "chief choreographer" of the tour. Oh, J.Lo. You can see the video here and here are some highlights:

When it comes to love, Jennifer Lopez isn't giving up on the fairy tale. The actress and pop superstar wants to get married again.

"For me, the biggest dream is the fairy tale. I will never give up on that dream," Lopez, 42, told ABC News' Amy Robach in an interview that aired today on "Good Morning America," as she and singer Enrique Iglesias kick of their Latin pop-infused world tour.

"It can be difficult for anybody who has to stand by my side, but at the end of the day, I know that I deserve that," she said.

Lopez and actor-singer Marc Anthony split last year after seven years of marriage. The man who is now standing by Lopez's side is Beau "Casper" Smart, her tour choreographer. Smart gave some insight into his relationship with one of the most famous women in the entertainment industry. He revealed that it wasn't love at first sight for the pair. Their attraction developed over time.

"It was just very natural, you know, natural how it happened," he said. "There was nothing before, no flirting, no nothing."

So what's it like for him to work with his famous girlfriend?

"Sometimes, I tell her something, you know, give her notes. But at the end of the day, you know, it doesn't matter what position is what, because she's the boss, you know?" Smart, 25, told ABC.

And when Robach asked Lopez what it was like to take direction from her boyfriend, the singer laughed at the question. "It's all right," she said.

But Iglesias was quick to chime in. "It's got to be tough to work with the one you love," he said.

She agreed. "I have done it many times and it's difficult with some people, and some people, it's easy. Just depends on their personality."

Laughingly, Iglesias prodded her: "Who was it difficult with? Say it, say it, say it," to which Lopez replied, "I am so going to punch you in the head."

"People obviously over the years have tried to tell it their way. What have the tabloids gotten wrong about you?" Robach asked.

"Everything," Lopez answered with a laugh.

Iglesias has also been the focus of the media spotlight, especially regarding his 10-year relationship with tennis star Anna Kournikova. While his tour co-headliner wants to get married again, Iglesias has a different take.

"You see, for me, marriage is not – I think Jennifer and I see it differently when it comes to that, which I totally respect her opinion, but I don't think you need to be married to someone," he said.

[From ABC News]

So, basically, Jennifer Lopez is really hoping for a proposal from Casper and HE'S MAKING HER WAIT. Because why not? It's obvious that J.Lo will totally marry him and it's obvious that it will happen eventually. So… it's kind of funny that Casper hasn't proposed yet. Maybe J.Lo hasn't given him the money to buy a ring yet? Of course not – he's making his OWN money! He's her Chief Choreographer. And she bought him a reality show too. *sigh*

J.Lo is such a fool for love. It's endearing for a while, but at some point it's just… I want to shake her and do a "love" intervention.

Photos courtesy of Casper's Twitter, WENN, PCN.
casper1 wenn3910418 80333PCN_JLo14

Demi Lovato on cutting: “I felt so anxious, almost like I was crawling out of my skin”

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 07:08 AM PDT

Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato covers the August issue of Self magazine, and she is (of course) still talking about her rehab stint for “emotional and physical issues” that were also related to an eating disorder. Over the past year or so, Demi has also dropped several hints of her self-harm disorder as well, but she’s never really spoken about why she cut herself. Now she’s opening up a bit more thanks to some questions straight from Self readers. Here are some excerpts:

Demi Lovato

Why she cut herself: “There were times I felt so anxious, almost like I was crawling out of my skin — that if I didn't do something physical to match the way I felt inside, I would explode. I cut myself to take my mind off that. I just didn't care what happened. I had no fear.”

On healing herself: “I make time for myself and meditate. I’ve spent the past two years getting over an eating disorder and issues like self-harming and bipolar disorder. I have to work on this stuff every day. I’m reminded of that whenever I eat or feel down.”

On abandoning her smart phone: “I haven’t used my cell in three months! Subconsciously, it was a crutch. When a room gets quiet, what do you do? Grab your phone! Now I can sit and have conversations with people.”

On the other “X-Factor” judges: “Britney [Spears] is such a sweet girl! We've gone through a lot of the same things, so we have a connection. Simon [Cowell]‘s so funny and so cool, and LA [Reid]–he’s really awesome. He seems really, really sweet so I'm excited to get to work with all of them. I was totally nervous about Simon, too. I was expecting him to be mean or something, because of American Idol, you know? He’s like so, just, real.”

On beauty: “I used to feel my most beautiful when I was on the red carpet or at events or something where I’m all dolled up. Now I feel like the moment when I feel most beautiful is when I’m able to hang out with a guy without my makeup on or lay on the beach with no makeup on and not even worrying about what my hair or what I look like before I fall asleep. When I’m confident enough to show myself without makeup on, that’s when I feel my most confident.”

[From Self]

Demi seems like she’s truly developing a base sense of self after feeling so completely lost a few years ago. The girl has embraced therapy and is learning to live with her bipolar diagnosis as well. I also really like what she has to say about beauty, but I wish I could believe it — because I don’t think she’s telling the truth there. If Demi truly felt comfortable with her physical looks, then why does she look so abruptly blonde and different in this Self pictorial?

Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato

Photos courtesy of Self

demi1 demi4 demi2 demi3

Scientology tried to recruit Brad Pitt, he wasn’t having it & broke up with Juliette Lewis

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 06:23 AM PDT


Jezebel recently pointed us to this article in Business Insider on former celebrity Scientologists. It answered a question for me about Brad Pitt’s involvement with the cult. We know he dated Juliette Lewis around the time that they co-starred in the TV movie Too Young to Die in 1990 and the film Kalifornia in 1993. Lewis has been involved in the cult since at least 1988. So did Lewis attempt to get her then-boyfriend, Brad Pitt, indoctrinated into Scientology? Former Scientology Amy Scobee claims in a recent book that Lewis did, and said that it caused Pitt and Lewis to break up. Scientology bigwigs were of course drooling over Pitt, but he was wise enough to get the hell out of there while he could.

In former high-ranking church official Amy Scobee’s book, “Scientology — Abuse at the Top,” she claims Brad Pitt completed two Scientology courses in July 1991 and May 1993.

“In the end, Brad didn’t think it was for him and he and Juliette broke up,” said Scobee. “He was high on the church president's list of stars they felt could be 'recovered.”

[From Business Insider]

The site “Truth about Scientology,” which compiles information from Scientology’s official magazines, has Pitt listed as completing two courses in Scientology in the years Scobee mentioned. Given the time frame, he was probably high as a kite at the time. Good for him for getting out while he could.

I found this article I wrote in 2006 and totally forgot about. It’s about Tom Cruise making a weak ass attempt to recruit Angelina Jolie into Scientology by asking her to come by their headquarters and pick up an “award.” Cult expert Rick Ross also mentioned that Brad Pitt dumped Juliette Lewis over Scientology, so I guess this news has been out there for a while.

I finally watched the BBC Panorama documentary on Scientology from 2007 that so many of you have been mentioning in the threads. (It’s available in four parts on YouTube.) I remember hearing that Juliette Lewis was interviewed in it, but when I watched it the segment with the famous Scientologists, including Kirstie Alley, Ann Archer, Leah Remini and Juliette Lewis, had no actual statements from the actresses due to legal threats from Scientology. All we saw were the facial reactions from the women. (That’s at about 4:00 into this video.)

Part of Juliette’s interview did make it online eventually. BBC later released deleted scenes from the Panorama series, in which journalist John Sweeney asked about Scientology being a cult. (Juliette’s segment is at at 4:30 in the video linked here.) She handled it way better than the others. Juliette laughed about whether Scientology was a cult and said “Some people also say that women are really stupid and shouldn’t vote.” Both Leah Remini and Kirstie Alley pulled the bigotry card, with Alley and Anne Archer getting particularly worked up.

As for the Panorama documentary, I’ve heard about it for a while and put off watching it until now. It’s a worthwhile expose, but there was so much yelling, stalking, intimidation and creepiness that it was hard to watch.

Here are some highlights I found:
Scientology spokesperson Tommy Davis goes off at 6:00.

Sean Lonsdale, a videographer attempting to expose Scientology, is shown at the beginning of this video. He gets confronted by Tommy Davis with details of his criminal history (which was also posted on fliers around town in an attempt to intimidate him). Lonsdale ended up “committing suicide” under suspicious circumstances in 2008.

Tommy Davis goes off again at :30

Scientologist blame psychiatry for the Holocaust at 3:40. After that Sweeney goes off on Tommy Davis.

There’s some chatter that Tommy Davis has not been seen in public in some time. I could not confirm that, but he’s been replaced as cult spokesperson by a woman named Karin Pouw.

Here’s Juliette and her new boyfriend, Travie McCoy of Gym Class Heroes, at an event on 5-27-12. Credit: WENN.com

Joseph Gordon Levitt covers GQ, also claims that “Most pretty girls aren’t funny”

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 06:16 AM PDT

First of all, I have to applaud GQ for using a really great photo of Joseph Gordon Levitt for their cover – this is one of the best, one of the sexiest photos I've ever seen of JGL. At times he can photograph as "too cute" and I feel like a predator for being attracted to him. But in this GQ photo shoot, he actually looks like a boyishly handsome MAN. A man who is perfectly capable of doing dirty things. Anyway, you can read the full GQ piece here, and here are some highlights:

Growing up, Joseph Gordon-Levitt admits he was "a sort of serious little dude—snobby," and tells GQ's Amy Wallace that he was dangerously at risk of becoming a "hopeless ivory-tower douchebag." It was somewhat fitting that he played an old geezer trapped in a boy's body on "3rd Rock From The Sun." According to his ex-costar, John Lithgow, "he was a very mature boy—I remember him carrying on about the ecological damage that is done when people build new golf courses. What teenager worries about that? And now he's a very youthful adult. He's done a flip-flop."

Joseph Gordon-Levitt on not going to his high school prom: “I thought the girls my age were very frustrating. They were, like, looking in their compact mirrors and s–t, and I thought that was evil.”

JGL on how Hollywood is crumbling: “The entertainment business as it has been is not going to be around that much longer. The way it’s going is, there’s going to be artists, and they’ll make their s–t, and they’ll connect to their audience, and you don’t need any of the middlemen—the studios or the agents.”

JGL on how he hates Americans’ fawning over celebrity: “I really don’t like this notion that some people are more important than other people. These stories about these elevated people called ‘celebrities’ teaches you”—and by “you” he meant regular, nonfamous folks—”that what you have to say doesn’t matter. It’s degrading.”

“The Dark Knight Rises” director Christopher Nolan on Gordon-Levitt: “He has a tremendous charisma and that incredible kind of positivity that can’t be faked.” Which makes him perfect, of course, for Commissioner Gordon’s protégé. “We really needed somebody with a sense of idealism to contrast with Gordon’s weariness. I thought of Joe first and foremost.”

[From GQ]

GQ even notes the rumors that JGL is playing "Robin" to Christian Bale's Batman, although I don't really know if that's on the level or not. JGL basically sounds like a sweet little hipster dude – hipster dudes aren't my type, but I might make an exception for him.

Oh, and some of you wanted me to mention this – while JGL was at Comic-Con to promote Looper, he was doing press alongside Emily Blunt. According to reports, JGL was asked about working with Emily and what he thought about her and he said some variation of "She's funny… and let's face it, most pretty girls aren't funny." A Variety reporter claims that Emily "visibly bristled" at the comment. So… is JGL a dimpled misogynist who thinks that only ugly girls can be "funny"? Does he merely patronize "funny" pretty girls? Have at it.

Photos courtesy of Nathaniel Goldberg/GQ, GQ's slideshow, WENN.
JGL1 wenn3992896 JGL2

Anne Hathaway vs. Marion Cotillard at ‘TDKR’ premiere: who looked better in white?

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 05:46 AM PDT

Does anyone else think it's weird that both Anne Hathaway and Marion Cotillard wore white for the NYC premiere of The Dark Knight Rises? I'm giving the color to Marion – I think it was appropriate for her to wear this white Christian Dior cocktail dress. She looks fresh and cute and appropriate. Anne, however, looks AWFUL in this Prabal Gurung Resort 2013 gown. First of all – white simply isn't her color. It never has been, yet her stylist Rachel Zoe insists of putting Annie in white. Second of all, the Gurung gown is too bridal, especially when Anne is walking a red carpet for a film in which she plays CATWOMAN. If there was ever a time to walk a red carpet wearing black leather, it's right now.

As for Annie's hair… dear God. I feel mean saying anything about it now. Her hair is at a really awkward length since it's only had a few months to grow out since Anne cut it all off for Les Miserables. I do think Anne is such a pretty girl… but she needs more hair. And the BANGS!!!!! Dear God, the bangs. *sobs*

So, basically, Anne walked TDKR red carpet looking like an unhinged, jilted bride with a bad haircut, and Marion looked every inch the movie star. How disappointing! I hope Anne ups her fashion game for the publicity tour.

PS… I think Gloria Steinem was Anne's date? That can't be right. UPDATE: Ah, Gloria is Bale’s step-mom, that’s why she was at the premiere. I knew the Bale-Steinem connection at one point, I just forgot it. Gloria must have just posed with Anne.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5879506 wenn3992861 wenn3993491 wenn5879501 wenn5879493 knight rises15_wenn5879703

‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Hot-Guy premiere: who would you rather?

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 05:21 AM PDT

Last night was the big New York ("Gotham"?) premiere of The Dark Knight Rises. Everybody was there! Except for Michael Caine… he was a no-show…? I can't find photos of him in any case. But even Tom Hardy came in from the Mad Max set overseas. Let's just start with Tom, shall we? Tom Hardy isn't doing much for me in these photos, but I suspect that he'll be doing more for you ladies who were pissed off with his burly, gnarly beard. He's still got facial hair, but now he just looks… I don't know. His styling isn't doing much for me. Neither is the fact that his on-again fiancé Charlotte is all over him. Don't get me wrong – I would still hit it. HARD. But I'm lighting a candle for his old gnarly beard, because I was pretty much the only one who loved it.

I know you bitches love some Cillian Murphy. Interesting factoid: WENN labeled him "Gillian Murphy". Because why not? I think he pretty and talented, of course, but… he still seems like he might be kind of psycho. It's the eyes.

Christian Bale does nothing for me, but he looks really nice these days. I mean, style-wise. His hair's a good length, he looks well-fed and clean.

Morgan Freeman!

Joseph Gordon Levitt – I dislike his suit. And it looks like he's wearing too much foundation. And he seems… I don't know… beefy? It's that movie he's doing where he's playing a bodybuilder. He's bulked up and it doesn't look good on him.

Gary Oldman is looking NICE. And he's got a hot wife, so you know he knows what to do. I just re-watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy over the weekend – Oldman is the best!

Photos courtesy of WENN, Fame/Flynet.
FFN_GGFF_DarkKnightRises_071612_50835339 FFN_GGFF_DarkKnightRises_071612_50835340 wenn3992871 wenn3992868 knight rises18_wenn5879709 wenn3992883 wenn3992893 wenn3993460 wenn3993467 wenn3993444 wenn3993471

Demi Moore’s daughters considering getting a restraining order against her

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 04:35 AM PDT


Has it really come to this? We’ve heard that Demi Moore’s daughters are avoiding her, that they’ve shut her out without responding to her at all, and that she hasn’t gotten the hint and has been calling and texting them constantly. Both US Weekly and Radar Online have been running these stories, and while it’s possible US picked it up from Radar, they claimed to have a source. Supposedly Demi and her three daughters have been estranged since the youngest, Tallulah, 18, graduated from high school last month. The girls are said to have had a huge argument with Demi, who sat by herself and left the graduation before Tallulah received her diploma.

Supposedly it’s gotten so bad with Demi begging them to contact her that her daughters are considering taking out a restraining order to prevent her from contacting them further. We’ve also heard that they don’t think their mom is sober after her recent stint in rehab earlier this year. So there’s probably some complicated family sh*t going on. Here’s the story from Radar, and I’m excerpting two stories here as they have a follow-up in which they claim Demi “constantly attacks the girls for staying friends with Ashton.”

“Rumer, Scout and Tallulah are seriously considering taking out a restraining order against Demi to stop her from contacting them,” a source close to the family tells RadarOnline.com. “They made it clear to her weeks ago that they do not want to talk to her right now but she is still trying to contact them.

“Demi has been calling them incessantly and emailing them, leaving them tearful messages and begging them to call her and the girls are sick of it. It is a really drastic measure and not something they are considering lightly but they just feel like they want some peace and quiet.”

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Moore, 49, is distraught over losing contact with her three daughters.

“Demi is beside herself over the situation,” a source previously told RadarOnline.com. “She hasn’t spoken to Scout, Rumer or Tallulah for weeks now, they won't return any of her calls, emails or texts.

“The girls have cut off all contact with Demi, and she is absolutely devastated by it. She has returned to work and is trying to hold herself together, but this is a really tough time for Demi.”

The Willis girls wouldn’t be the first celebrity spawn to legally stop a troubled parent from contacting them. Francis Bean Cobain was granted a restraining order against her mother, Courtney Love in 2009.

However, it may not be that simple for the Willis girls if they do decide to try to take out a restraining order against their mother. A legal expert tells Radar they will have to prove more than just annoying phone calls: “You can't get a restraining order against your mom when she's trying to call you. If that were the case, many, many more people would all be in court!!”


"Ashton cheating on Demi humiliated her, and when she got out of the relationship she thought she was setting a good example for her daughters, so when they stayed close to Ashton it devastated her….

However, Ashton has remained active in the lives of all of his step-daughters, attending concerts that they've performed in and supporting them through their mother's substance abuse troubles, and this has caused Demi to become enraged with her daughters.

"She doesn't understand how they could stay close with Ashton after he humiliated her and she's asked them to stop talking with him but they refuse," the friend said.

"Demi can't let that go and can't get over it, so she constantly attacks the girls for staying friends with Ashton. They've had it with her over that."

[From two stories on Radar Online]

That’s harsh, and it makes me wonder whether one of the girls is leaking this news in order to put Demi on notice. If it’s so bad that they’re considering a restraining order, maybe they think it’s somehow gentler to give the tabloids a heads up so Demi will hear about it. If they get a restraining order it becomes People Magazine level news, and that’s truly humiliating.

So what’s going on with Demi? Is she still addicted to whatever prescription drugs she’s probably on (watch this video and tell me she’s sober. That was pre-rehab though) and is that contributing to how miserable and needy she is? Did she see Ashton once a week for counseling and spend the night with him last month and is that making this worse for her? (The Enquirer claimed that was the case, but it sounds like wishful thinking on her part.) This is a woman who has not come to terms with the end of her marriage and the current state of her career, to put it lightly. It seems like her kids have taken sides, and she’s not having it and making it much worse than it needs to be.

Demi is shown on 1-24 and 1-15-12. There are few recent photos of her, she’s been hiding out despite starting work on a new film in NY. Credit: Andrew Evans / PR Photos, FameFlynet

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/07/celebitchy_17.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...