The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Rihanna Drops "Talk That Talk" Single Cover, Goes Behind The Scenes of "Battleship"

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 09:22 AM PST

Rihanna just released her gritty new "Talk That Talk" single cover.  Check it inside...plus find out more about her "Battleship" movie character....

After dropping the album of the same name just a month and a half ago, Rih is releasing "Talk That Talk" featuring Jay-Z as her third official single. 

On the single cover, she's squatting outside on a gritty wall in an open shirt and chains on her jeans. Peep the StarGate-produced track below:

 

And she's also giving folks the low down on her new role as "Raikes" in the upcoming naval war film Battleship:

She says Raikes is a "bad ass" type character who gets down and dirty just like the guys.  Check it.  The movie hits theaters May 2012.

Solange POPS OFF About Sis Beyonce's Pregnancy Critics!

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 08:59 AM PST

Solange Knowles is pissed!  After months of rumors and baffling stories about Beyonce's pregnancy and delivery, Solo is ready to shut it down.

 

Check out how she defended her big sis inside...

Solange took to her twitter yesterday to lay into the pregnancy critics and Beyonce haters.  As her older sister has faced rumors of a fake pregnancy, surrogate, shutting down a maternity floor of Lenox hospital, and more--all of which Beyonce and her reps have denied--the new auntie to Baby Blue Ivy is pretty done with the foolery.

She first gushed about her new auntie role, saying, "In love. So THIS is what Aunty-hood feels like."

She says:

It has really gotten out of hand. I've been doing my best at keeping my mouth shut....but the ignorance is really sad and upsetting.

We are supposed to be super human and watch people we love get slandered, lied on, and ridiculed. It is one of THE hardest things to accept.

And she continued about the difference between Hollywood and any other workplace:

In any other workplace...if someone directly tells your mother or sister is a liar and a fake ect...you would naturally express yourself.

However, the pure happiness and joy I've witnessed and experienced helps me to keep my mouth shut.

Snaps.  She also retweeted what her good friend, hip hop artist IBTunes, had to say about the rumors as well:

I'm truly appalled and baffled at some of the things I've been reading. It's so disheartening. Sad!
it's pretty disgusting people have lived such miserable lives they truly will not allow themselves to BELIEVE others are NORMAL and HAPPY!!!
another thing. I don't tweet or say $hit to get a rise out of YOU. I say WHAT I MEAN. as I do #InRealLife. grown woman here, so #CHILL.

Will this help or hurt the situation though? Does it add fuel to the never ending fire?  Or is Solo right in speaking up to defend her big sis?  Speak on it....

ENGAGED?! Reports Confirm Halle Berry Is ENGAGED To Beau Olivier Martinez!

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 08:52 AM PST

She's engaged!   Halle Berry's jewelry designer confirmed today that the actress is indeed engaged to her boyfriend of over a year, Olivier Martinez.  Deets inside...

Halle must have had a serious change of heart.  Years ago she said she would never marry again.  But it looks like the third time may be the charm.

The 45-year old Oscar winning actress met her 46-year-old beau while shooting the 2010 flick Dark Tide.  And they've been inseparable since.

People.com reports a rep for jewelry designer, Gurhan, confirmed Olivier has given her a diamond-and-emerald engagement ring:

And Us Weekly reports a source close to the couple has confirmed the engagement.   Halle was previously married to former pro-baseballer David Justice, as well as singer Eric Benet

No official word from HB yet.  But congrats if true!

 

 

DO WE LOVE IT?! Raven Symone's Hot Pants & Thigh High Boots!

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 07:42 AM PST

Now we don't know who this "friend" is of Raven's, but the tv actress was spotted out to lunch in L.A. yesterday in a questionable outfit.  You be the judge....

We know she's happy and all to show off her new slim and trim look--but this outfit is questionable at best.  26-year-old Raven Symone threw on her best red hot pants, leather jacket, and black thigh high boots to go shopping and to lunch with her mom, Lydia Gaulden, and an interesting friend:

Oh...

DO WE LOVE IT?!

PICS VIA SPLASH/PCN

Fantasia, Keyshia Cole, SWV, Aretha Franklin, MJB, & More Set To Headline 2012 ESSENCE MUSIC FESTIVAL

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 07:12 AM PST

Fantasia, Aretha Franklin, SWV, Keyshia Cole, and more are set to take over this year's Essence Music Festival.  Deets inside on who else will be taking the stage at one of the biggest indoor music festivals of the summer....

ESSENCE just announced their lineup for the 2012 Essence Music Festival in New Orleans.  And it looks like Fantasia is about to make her big post-baby return.  While Essence hasn't made public who's on mainstage at the Superdome and who is in the superlounges, we've already learned a few of the designations.

Fanny's set to take the mainstage, as well as Aretha Franklin, Mary J Blige, Charlie Wilson, Ledisi, and Keyshia Cole

And in the superlounges: Bridget Kelly, Stephanie Mills, SWV, Dru Hill, Vivian Green, Goapele, The Stylistics, Raheem Devaughn, and more.

Estelle is also set to perform.

“The theme of this year’s Essence Music Festival celebrates our most powerful voices. Whether it’s Aretha Franklin, The Queen of Soul commanding respect or Rep. Maxine Waters demanding better conditions for our community, these powerful voices resonate with our audience like no other,” said Michelle Ebanks, president, Essence Communications Inc. 

More names will be added as the EMF weekend (July 6,7, and 8) approaches.  You feelin' the lineup so far?

EXCLUSIVE: Amber Rose Talks "Fame" Critics, Why She SHOULD Be Famous, Revenge On Kim Kardashian, & Getting Ready To Have Wiz's Babies!

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 05:52 AM PST

Hate it or love it, Amber Rose has “Fame.”   During an exclusive chat with TheYBF.com, the model/singer/actress opens up about the critics on her new single “Fame,” defends her own fame, if she'll get revenge on Kim Kardashian, and talks about the little Wiz Khalifa babies in the future.  Oh, and she claims she can do some hair--even though she has none. 

Amber Rose recently chatted with TheYBF.com about her new single "Fame" and her whirlwind romance with rapper Wiz Khalifa. During our exclusive chat she revealed that she wants to have "lots of babies" and is an excellent cook.  Here are the highlights:

YBF: Some people are going to say you don’t have any skills and Wiz Khalifa just handed you a song and a deal.  Why go the obvious route of having him on the track...and how do you respond to critics of “Fame”?


Amber: “I put 'Fame' out for free and I’m not making any money off of it.  It’s very appropriate for my life now as it’s about the pros and cons of fame.  Wiz is on the track because he’s a very big part of my life. And Wiz did not help me with the record at all.  I did the record and sent it to him while he was overseas on tour, and that’s when he heard and loved it and jumped on it.  I mainly did the song to open the doors into my life and let people know what I deal with everyday.”

Do you think fame is becoming too easy to obtain nowadays?
 
“I don’t think fame is easy.  I think that if you are very interesting, like you have a unique look….people become fascinated with you.  I get a lot of scrutiny because people say that I am famous for no reason, but they don’t count the fact that I have walked runways in Paris, London and New York.  And with my body type….that’s a really big deal.  It’s ground breaking.  I’ve been in high fashion magazines and people took an interest in me.  I can’t make people google me and look me up.”

You and Wiz are very tight these days. Do you see kids in the near future?

Absolutely. We want to have a lot of babies!

What's the most romantic thing he's ever done?

He does romantic stuff, like, every day for me and I’m not even exaggerating! He leaves me little notes around the house.  But I will say that for our anniversary, we did our first date all over again. And he remembered every little detail! You know girls kinda remember that stuff….but he remember all the little things.

What was the "first date" like?

The first date was really early in the day. We worked out and went to Mel’s diner in Hollywood to get turkey burgers. And just like, little things we did throughout the day.  He brought me back down memory lane. And we just rekindled our first love all over again.

How do you two manage your time together considering your busy schedules?

Most of the time, we are in different cities when we are working.  But when we have time off, we are just really regular. We lay in the bed and watch movies and eat. We are just very normal when it comes to that.

How do you keep the relationship balanced and fresh?

I think….I don’t know. We are just really in love. Every second we have to spend together we do spend together.
 

What is your favorite song on the album so far, or the song that will most likely be the first fan favorite?
 
“The fans are going to like all of them!”
 
Did you always want to make an album?
 
“I always wrote music, but I was kinda shy or I just felt it wasn’t for me.  But I’ve been inspired by the people around me to come out with what I’ve written.  Wiz inspired me to do it.” 

Are there any hobbies of yours that would surprise people? 
 
“Probably that I love to cook.  It’s like meditation for me.  I’m also really good at doing hair surprisingly…..even though I don’t have any.”
 
Are you completely giving up on the modeling aspect of your career?
 
“I’ve been modeling for a long time, even when I was Philly. But it’s time for me to do something different.  I’ve kind been there and done that.  I just really wanted to change my path a bit.”
 
Are you still filming your reality show?
 
“I decided not to do it because reality tv does not allow you to be yourself.  You have to put on this act and it's all fake.  When I was doing my trailer for one reality show, I realized all of that and I was like--this isn’t for me.”



How did you get the job on Master of The Mix?

"I did a Smirnoff flavored vodka campaign and that was a part of my campaign.  Smirnoff sponsors the show."
 

On one of the recent episodes of "Kim and Kourtney Take New York," Kim started a twitter fight with a friend, how would you respond if she started a twitter fight with you?
 
“I’d just rather not talk about Kim at all.” (SIDEBAR:  Maybe Amber is all talked out about Kim as she’s been in the press regarding the homewrecker comments she made about Kim recently).
 

 

Listen to "Fame" below: 

NO MORE PAIN! Happy 41st Birthday To MJB!

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 03:05 AM PST

It is undeniable that Mary J. Blige has sung a song or two or three that marks a period in each of our lives and speaks to us on an emotional level. Now it's time to celebrate her 41st birthday. Come inside and bow to the Queen of Hip Hop Soul......

Mary J. Blige has truly given her all through her music....

From What's The 411? to My Life, Share My World and No More Drama, she has used her voice to sing through the pains of drug abuse, domestic violence, molestation and the search for love and happiness.

She truly represents the tanning of pop culture as she took street soul and gospel to the suburbs and beyond.

Celebrate Mary's evolution of style in our gallery...........

And check out the new version of Mary's "Mr. Wrong" video featuring Drake:

 

Jennifer Hudson Flaunts Her New Book+Amber Rose Flaunts Her New Single

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 01:18 PM PST

Jennifer Hudson is pushing her new book "I Got This."  And she looked fab doing so in NYC today.  Pics inside, plus pics of Amber Rose making her Fame promo rounds inside....

Over at the Barnes & Nobles on 5th Ave. in NYC, Jennifer Hudson looked fab promoting her brand new book:

In a white tuxedo style jacket and black tee and pants, she signed copies for all her fans who came out to support.  Nice look.

And over in L.A. last night, Amber Rose was spotted waiting outside the terminal at LAX.  She was on her way to New York to promote her new single "Fame":

 

 

This hat though....

Pics: SPLASH/PACIFIC COAST NEWS

 

"GAME" TIME: Brandy & Tia Mowry Make Their NYC Promo Rounds

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 12:46 PM PST

Stars of "The Game," Brandy and Tia Mowry, are looking fab while making their promo rounds in Manhattan this week.  Pics of the lovely ladies inside...

Now...it's only been 6 months since Tia had baby Cree so before you go putting Tia on preggers watch, keep that in mind.  But you never know.  Tia was spotted arriving back ot her NYC hotel last night in a tight black mini skirt. 

We don't recall this suspicious midsection last month.  But she looks fab nonetheless.

 

Her new co-star Brandy was spotted arriving back at her NYC hotel yesterday as well:

Rocking a blue and grey mini dress and interesting heels.  And earlier in the evening rocking this little cute dress:

Loves the pony hair booties.

 

The cast hit up Wendy Williams, Fox & Friends, "106 & Park" (above), the Rachel Ray Show, and more.  The new season of "The Game" premieres tonight on BET at 10p EST.

Pics via SPLASH

Janet Jackson Talks "True You" With Jay Leno + Cassie In "V" Magazine + Estelle Drops New Cover Art For "All Of Me"

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 11:55 AM PST

Janet Jackson stopped by "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" to promote the paperback version of True You.  Watch the interview inside and see Cassie in "V" Magazine and Estelle's new cover art for her new LP All Of Me.

Cassie is featured in the "V" Magazine  "POP ROCKS" issues about the evolution of pop music. In the article,  Cassie talks about her upcoming project saying,

“I have hundreds of songs recorded for this album.  I’ve been working on it for a long time. Finally, I had to decide my direction. I felt kind of exposed when I stopped working in the studio. My friends would call me to hang out and I would say, ‘nope, going in the studio,’ and they’d say, ‘you’ve been in the studio for four years!’”

The project is said tobe dark and sultry and mixing elements of jungle, reggae and ska.  She adds,

“It’s the perfect definition of who I am right now and what I’m going through,” she says, smiling. “People aren’t going to expect me to come out with what I have.“

Janet Jackson brought her gorgeous self out last night talk abouther work with NutriSystem and to promote True You in paperback.

She also talked about her iconic cover of her 1993 album janet. album cover and all the rumors and hoopla surrounding it....including that infamous rumor that she had a rib removed!  She's looking freakin' fantabulous these days by the way.

 

Watch the interview here:

 


 

 

Also in music........

 

Estelle has revealed the cover art for her new album ALL OF ME.  The disc drops on February 28th and will feature her hit single “Break My Heart (Feat. Rick Ross).  Loves it.

 

The Randomness:

1.  Kid of Kid-N-Play issued a bench warrant for missing a court date.  Story.

 

Tameka Raymond Talks Parenting 5 Kids, Custody Battle With Usher, And Finding Love

Posted: 10 Jan 2012 11:07 AM PST

A lot has been written about Tameka Raymond. She's been called a golddigger and accused of coming in-between Usher and his mom.  But now, she's speaking out for herself and revealing things about her family, businesses and talking about dating.  Deets inside.....

Despite her current custody battle with Usher, Tameka Raymond seems to be keeping it moving.  As a single mom, she cares for her kids Usher V (aka Cinco), 4, and Naviyd, 3, and Ryan 12, and Kile, 10, (children with her first husband, music exec Ryan Glover) and her oldest, Darrin, 21, while running two businesses: Estella, a clothing and home-decor boutique in Roswell, Ga., and KangaZoom, an indoor children’s play facility in Alpharetta, Ga.  And she's a well-known stylist, who received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Art Institute of Atlanta.  

In a new interview with UPTOWN Mag, Tameka reveals a softer side. Here are the highlights:

On hard work: 

“I was taught to work.  Ironically, my father’s mother and my aunt were also retailers, and I worked at both places from about age 7. I learned tons about fashion and how to make money all by age 10."

On her custody battle with Usher:

“He is a man very accustomed to having his way.  This has nothing to do with how I parent. Trust me, I never will have a desire to keep a man away from his kids. I am not June Cleaver or head of the PTA, but I know I am a good mother.”

On love:

“I am dating.  It’s refreshing. I have not been single in a while. I got divorced and married in the same year. It was a run-on relationship.  But a lot of guys like to play games. I like a man that’s a boss. I am not the dominant one. But a lot of the ones with the right mind-set wear OshKosh overalls. And if they are not fly, I don’t like them.”

On introducing dates to her kids:

“I don’t bring men around my children. They have never met an ‘Uncle Tony.’ The two that I did bring around, I married.”

 

On her accomplishments:

“Being raised in Oakland, and having been able to see and enjoy five of seven continents, and working in such a highly competitive field, makes me very proud.  “I never imagined some of these things to be obtainable. And my sons teach me the meaning of true, unbiased love.”

 

You have read this article with the title The Young, Black, and Fabulous. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/01/the-young-black-and-fabulous_11.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...