The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


SPOTTED: Halle Berry BUYING Birthday Cake For Boyfriend Olivier's 46th Birthday

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 09:01 AM PST

Halle Berry is celebrating the 46th birthday of her beau Olivier Martinez this weekend and was spotted out running errands and buying a birthday cake yesterday.  See the pics inside and find out what a particular jewelry company is now saying about her "engagement" ring....

 

Halle Berry was spotted hitting up a bakery in West Hollywood yesterday with a birthday cake for her boo Olivier Martinez's 46th birthday.  Cast and all.

She was wearing the emerald and diamond ring that folks initially thought was an engagement ring. But it turns out that it Olivier simply gave it to Halle as a gift (according to friends).

Although sources close to the couple say they have not ruled out wedding plans, the jewelry company that helped start the rumor has backed off the story as a rep from the Gurhan company said, "Although Halle is a great fan of Gurhan we cannot confirm that she is wearing a Gurhan design." 

Later, she was seen shopping at Fred Segal in Santa Monica, CA.

 

And then Halle headed over to World of Vintage Tee Shirts where she came out with a bag full of shirts (LAWD knows  Oliver can wear the hell out of a t-shirt).

 

Photos via FAME/Flynet/GinsburgSpaly

Drake Shows Off His Fitness....And Awkward Back Tatts

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 08:02 AM PST

Drake is hitting the gym to prepare for his upcoming tour.  And he's showing folks just how much his gym time has paid off.  Check the pic (and a better look at that Aaliyah tattoo) inside...

Fresh off paying a visit with his goons to the tattoo artist who tatted a girl's face with the rapper's name, Drake instagramed a pic of himself showing off his back work in the gym.

Getting pretty buff there Drizzy.  Not bad.  But what also caught our eye was a better look at that Aaliyah tattoo.  And the odd placement of his other tattoos.  Maybe it's just us.

He's taking care of his fans with his Club Paradise tour kicking off Valentine's Day in Coral Gables, FL.

SPOTTED: Jamie Foxx & His Gorgeous Daughter Corinne Have A Hollywood Night Out

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 06:46 AM PST

Cool your horses...and other things...fellas.  Corinne Marie Bishop Foxx doesn't turn 18 until February 15th.  And her actor dad Jamie looks like he's already ready to whoop anybody who tries something.  Pics inside of the daddy-daughter duo having an L.A. night out...

"Ray" actor and singer Jamie Foxx brought his model daughter Corinne out for a celeb-filled evening last night.  They had dinner at BOA Steakhouse and were spotted hitting up the Soho House for a party afterwards:

How gorgeous has this girl grown up to be!  She may look all grown up, but the second semester high school senior and cheerleader was totally starstruck all night.  She tweeted:

My dad and Tom cruise have the cutest bromance haahhaha I love watching them together...Trying not to act completely starstruck right now

Ermm Uhh ugh uhhhh wtf... My convo with Orlando bloom was epic. #lifecomplete #dienow

 

Corinne snapped a pic with Chelsea Handler and said: "Love Chelsea handler!! She's so sweet :)"

And it sounds like Cameron Diaz was dropping some adult life lessons.  Corinne tweeted: "Love u cameron! Taking your advice and cutting all the shit out of my life :)"

Fun times.  And get ready for the foolery Jamie....

Pics via Pacific Coast News

Solange Shows Her Model Behavior For Alberta Ferretti Presentation During Milan Fashion Week

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 05:37 PM PST

Solange Knowles walked for a special Alberta Ferretti presentation today in Milan for the kickoff of Fashion Week.  Check out the glam style of the new Next model inside...

During a special presentation today for designer Alberta Ferretti's Milan Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2012 show, Solange Knowles modeled a fab silver design along with her famous curls and a bold red lip.

 

Two other YBF models were also in the presentation:

 

Oroma Elewa (left) and Julia Sarr-Jamois

Fab.

Solange also recently did an interview with Vogue Italia where she dished on her style, beauty routine, and how she defines success: 

Favourite places to shop?
“I do most of my shopping online with Net A Porter, Shopbop, Theoutnet. When I need the in store experience, Opening Ceremony in New York is always fun.”

Fashion Icons?
“Diana Ross, Erykah Badu, the Fela Kuti Queens, my uber glam mother, Chaka Khan, Bjork and the girls on the street in my hood.”

Make up Routine

"YSL concealer, Rimmel mascara, Rimmel pencil eyeliner, bright lips... Keep it moving"

Beauty Routine

"I am very low maintenance. I think I am lucky when I get to wash my face at night. I occasionally get facials by a miracle worker in Los Angeles named Mirta. However, apparently getting facials is not the way to erase months of carelessness and angry pores. Sleep is vital, happiness is key so I feel the most beautiful with those two elements combined."

Where does that happiness stem from exactly?  More excerpts:

 

Relationship status

"Happily Committed. It is not complicated, thank God!"

Personal motto

"I tend to adopt Tamar Braxton's Motto over my OWN.COM."

What does success means to you?

"Defining success on my own terms. First, being a loving and committed mother. I have failed in all things if I have not achieved that. Being an artist that creates to express the needs of my own, and in the process hopefully inspiring others. Having the financial stability to support the lifestyle that makes me feel fulfilled. I know that happiness is a temporary state of mind, success means for me constantly growing, evolving to find that place."

What is your opinion about the black representation in the fashion industry?
“I think it is evolving, and that is a beautiful thing! Now when I flip trough magazines I can see just as many beautiful black models in major campaigns as any other race. Unique, striking,beautiful women. I felt so extremely blessed to be Rimmel’s first black spokesperson, and to be embraced fully for being exactly who I am. And standing next to Kate Moss, with my Afro bigger than days light. I don’t by any means consider myself the most qualified for model material. I think that people tend to respond to what is real. Black women carry that flame with so much ease and confidence. It is being captured and celebrated on all fronts in fashion now. I have friends who are doing greats things, that movement is very real and well deserved!”


5 things you can't live without?
Water, food, plants, sun and sex.

Check out her full interview over at Vogue Italia.

Pics via SPLASH

SPOTTED: KeKe Palmer Makes A "Joyful Noise" In NYC On "The Wendy Williams Show"

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 03:27 PM PST

KeKe Palmer was spotted in NYC recently promoting her new film Joyful Noise. While in town, she stopped by the "WENDY" Show.  Find out what she said inside....

Earlier today, KeKe Palmer chatted it up with Wendy Williams where she revealed deets about her personal life. 

She said she's just an average 18-yr-old who lives at home with her parents and drives a Ford Hybrid.  She has a boyfriend who's over 18...but under 25, and Tracee Ellis Ross is her style icon.

She also told a funny story about her Dad watching her film a "makeout" scene.  Awkward!

After Wendy, KeKe headed over to Planet Hollywood Time Square to promote Joyful Noise.

While there, she posed with co-star Jeremy Jordan and one of their choir robes.  Lookin' pretty KeKe.
 


Photos via Roger Wong/INFphoto.com

DO WE LOVE IT? Melanie Fiona's "Wrong Side Of A Love Song"

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 01:17 PM PST

Melanie Fiona has released "Wrong Side Of A Love Song" of her long awaited album The MF Life (due May 8th). Decide if you love it inside....

Melanie Fiona's latest track takes her to the wrong side of a love song....where it's dark, painful and makes you cry.  On the old-school tinged record, Melanie comes across as a female Al Green as she expresses her pain and love through her vocals.

Listen to "Wrong Side Of A Love Song" below:

DO WE LOVE IT?

 

SNEAK PEEK: "Love & Hip Hop" Stars Kimbella & Somaya FIGHT Erica...Again

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 11:09 AM PST

Things are really heating up on VH1's "Love & Hip Hop" as friendships are tested and boundaries are pushed yet again. In the previews for next week's episode, we find Kimbella and Somaya confronting Erica about a trash talking interview she gave and Chrissy questioning Olivia's loyalty to her. Watch it inside.....

So they've pulled each other's hair and tossed drinks each other's faces....what's left for Kimbella and Erica to do to each other?  Apparently, media interviews are the next phase of their fight.

Next week, Kimbella will confront Erica about a trash talking interview she gave about "their" dislike for each other.  Things really get heated and Somaya even jumps in the "discussion."  Will another drink be tossed or more weave torn out?

Watch Kimbella and Somaya confront Erica here:

 
 

Also, Chrissy and Olivia will question their friendship with each other.  After Chrissy's fight with Yandy last week, Olivia finds herself at a crossroads and having to choose sides.  And from the dumbfounded expression on her face...the chick is struggling!  Should she have to choose between Yandy and Chrissy.....or can she walk a fine line?

Watch Chrissy put Olivia's "loyalty" on the spot here:

 

We'll be watching on Monday....

Kyla Pratt: Marriage Plans With Child's Father, Motherhood, & Handling Haters

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 10:49 AM PST

Kyla Pratt is extra grown these days.  The YBF chick is 25, she's a new mom, and she has a re-newed career starring in this season of BET's "Let's Stay Together."

 

Check out what Ms. Kyla recently had to say about getting married to her baby girl's father, why she chooses to address her haters (after she revealed she had a baby on the low), and just how far she's come as a mother to her baby girl Lyric....

In a new interview with VIBE VIXEN, Kyla Pratt is letting folks know she is just fine with her and her boyfriend's (above) current status as unwed parents.  Marriage is in the future for the actress though.  And for all you beauty addicts: How does she keeps her skin looking young and perfect?  She says she keeps it simple with just cleaning and moisturizing with Kiehls.

Now do you and your man plan on getting married?
Not right now. That’s for the future. We talked about it, but we’re both on the same page.

How have you evolved since you became a mother?
Girl, [laughs] no sleep, but [my baby] is my world! That’s all I think about everyday, and everything I do is just for her. I want to make sure she’s good in her future. I’m enjoying every minute of it!

How was your pregnancy?
My pregnancy was wonderful. I have a great man by my side and a very supportive and loving family that is there for me. I got to enjoy the beauty of another human being growing inside of me.

What advice do you have for Beyoncé who is a new mother?
Girl! Lord ‘a mercy [laughs]! The only thing I would say is love that baby to the fullest, and I am sure she’ll do that.

You recently penned a letter defending your family on your blog. Did you feel you owed people an explanation?
I don’t feel I owe anybody anything; it was just about putting the truth out there, so lies can stop being spread. If they got something to say after this, they can say whatever they want, but I know I am going to tell you what it is, and that’s all I can do. I was just tired of people sending me mess. That letter was for the negative people trying to push things my way. I tried to say it the best way possible without wildin’ out [laughs]. I think I did good!

How do you deal with negativity and the rumors?
I feel like people will always have something to say, so me talking about my daughter on 106 & Park was bound to happen because that’s my everything. I never announced being pregnant because I watched people in the industry have a baby, like Jennifer Freeman and Lauren London. People don’t know the actual story or know what’s really going on, and they are so negative and hurtful. I didn’t want to go through that with my pregnancy. The baby can feel what you’re feeling, so I was like I’m going to enjoy my pregnancy without having people have something to say. So at the point of 106 and Park, it was like, she’s already here now.

Check out VIBE VIXEN to see what Kyla had to say about her brand new role on BET's "Let's Stay Together" and more.

The Randomness:

1.  Oprah Winfrey celebrates 1st graduation from her South African girls' school. STORY

You have read this article with the title The Young, Black, and Fabulous. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/01/the-young-black-and-fabulous_14.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...