Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Diane Kruger versus Tilda Swinton: who looks better in Cannes?

Posted: 16 May 2012 08:51 AM PDT

These are some of the first photo sets out of the Cannes Film Festival, which opens today. Did you know that Ewan McGregor, Diane Kruger and Jean-Paul Gaultier are all judges on the festival jury this year? True story. These are some pics from the "jury photo call" earlier today. Diane wore Versus and Jimmy Choo heels, and I'm not crazy about either. I mean, I love Diane. I think she's so beautiful and she can wear different kinds of styles and you can just tell that she loves fashion. But this dress doesn't look comfortable and I hate the shoes with the dress. By the way, while I've got your attention – the next week and a half will be full of lots of Kruger and McGregor photos – should we cover every fashion moment, every glance? My general thoughts: we should wait until Diane wears something spectacular, because otherwise we'll get Kruger'd out. Also: what's the over-under on Diane and Ewan having a torrid Cannes affair? Slim?

Second photo set: the photo call for Wes Anderson's new film, Moonrise Kingdom. While I have my doubts about Wes Anderson's general vibe as a writer/director, I do think the man has a gift for putting interesting actors together in the same film. This film stars Bruce Willis, Bill Murray and TILDA SWINTON!!! And they all look adorable and amazing. I think Bill and Tilda are probably from the same alien colony. Oh, and I LOVE Tilda's outfit and her crazy sunglasses. YAY!

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3884659 wenn3884658 wenn3884586 wenn3884328 wenn3884347 wenn3884234 wenn3884535 wenn3884349

Kris Jenner denies that her giant lips were from a procedure: “It’s really crazy”

Posted: 16 May 2012 08:24 AM PDT

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

As you may know, Kris Jenner was on The Today Show this morning, getting very mildly grilled by Matt Lauer, who asked her some sort-of difficult questions but didn’t bother to follow up at all. As Kaiser mentioned in her story on Khloe, one of the main plot points to the upcoming seventh season of “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” is a DNA test that Khloe undergoes. The test only confirms that Khloe is Kris’ biological daughter and doesn’t even compare her DNA to either Kim or Kourteney’s to see if they have the same father. So it’s a kind of DNA copout, and when Kris assures Matt that the late Robert Kardashian is Khloe’s father we have to take her at her word. We all know how much that is worth.

Kris also spends some time refuting rumors about her and her family. She denies that her daughters have fired her as their momager, although Khloe did say she had considered it. Kris goes on to blow smoke about how she’s able to be both a manager and “take that hat off” and play mom when she has to. She also denies that Lamar and Khloe are having problems in their marriage (which I believe, actually. They seem solid to me) and denies that their reality show is canceled, which Khloe has said before.

As for Kris’ ridiculous fat lip in the promos for the show, she says it’s real but she gave no further information about it. “Actually, no cosmetic procedure whatsoever. I woke up, and you have to tune in because it’s unbelievable. It’s really crazy what happened, we’re still trying to figure it out. so.” Yeah, we have to watch the show to see her blow some more smoke, this time with giant puffed up lips. What a cop out. I bet they’re prosthetic and she concocts some story to explain them.

On Kim and Kanye’s relationship, she won’t comment. Here’s more:

“Ridiculous!” said Jenner to both whether she’s about to get fired as “mom-ager” to her daughters and to whether Khloe’s real dad is Robert Kardashian. “The girls sell magazines … it’s easy fodder. So the girls and I work together every single day, and we have an amazing relationship and … I know when to take that (mom-ager) hat off and when to put it on. We have a nice relationship.”

As for that fat lip Jenner sports in an upcoming episode of “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” which is now in the midst of filming its seventh season, there was no cosmetic surgery, but Jenner remained coy as to the reason behind it. “You have to tune in, because it’s unbelievable,” she said.

Yes, yes, but … Kanye! What about Kim’s relationship with Kanye? That’s where Jenner buttoned her lip. “I stopped commenting about the details in my kids’ friendships and relationships, because I get nothing but in trouble,” she said, then added, “He’s great and she seems happy.”

With all of these rumors and misinformation that gets out there, though, Lauer had to wonder: Why keep doing the show? Jenner recently signed on for three more seasons, and he asked about losing private time. “It’s almost unusual not to have all the cameras in our lives,” she said. “It’s an opportunity for me as a mom — I get to wake up every single day and work with my kids…. It’s somewhat addictive in that … we can’t wait to do it.”

“Keeping Up with the Kardashians” returns May 20 at 9 p.m. ET on E!

[From The Clicker]

Oh and Kris claims at the end that when she saw Kim’s photoshoot with short cropped hair she really thought that it was a photoshoot that she did and forgot about. She says, in all seriousness, “That came up on my computer and I went, ‘where did I get that outfit?’ and then I realized that’s not me.” This lady is unbelievable.

Photo credit: Fame and Pacific Coast News

Duchess Kate “styles herself single-handedly,” does her own shopping, hair & makeup

Posted: 16 May 2012 08:19 AM PDT

I've discussed this before, or maybe alluded to it in previous posts, but I really, really wonder what Duchess Kate and Prince William's sex life is like. As much as I'd like to think they have a great physical bond, I tend to think both of them have the "sexiness" of wet noodles. William seems rather stiff (not in a good way) and more and more like his "prim" father. As for Kate… well, I do think she's very pretty, and she's good at working her assets (her hair, her legs, her buttons, her raccoon eyes). But does she really have any sex appeal? Not really. So I'm not really sure how People Magazine got to their "Sexy New Kate!" headline. Still, isn't it kind of hilarious that Kate got a People Magazine cover simply because she – at long last – pulled her hair out of her face? That's basically what just happened. Anyway, here's People's online excerpt.

Sure she’s still shopping at her favorite King’s Road boutiques, but the Duchess of Cambridge is making a marked move toward a sexier, more daring style – and she’s leaving quite an impression.

“High-level glamour is becoming more of the norm for Kate due to her role,” her stylist pal Nikki Pennie, editor-at-large of StyleHaul, says in the new issue of PEOPLE. “She is becoming more playful, putting her hair in gorgeous updos to complement certain dresses. She is clearly enjoying the process and becoming more confident.”

She’s doing it single-handedly, too. Kate does her own makeup and doesn’t have an official stylist, according to palace sources. She also doesn’t accept free gifts from designers and chooses her outfits herself.

“She is becoming more and more confident, which I think is exciting to see,” says Stewart Parvin, a couturier to the Queen. “They way she does her hair, the way she does her makeup is getting better and better and she has this new inner glow.”

For more on Kate’s sexy new styles, why she’s making bolder choices and photos of Princess Diana’s own fashion evolution, pick up this week’s PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday

[From People]

"She’s doing it single-handedly, too. Kate does her own makeup and doesn’t have an official stylist, according to palace sources." Bullsh-t, palace sources. Yes, I think Kate does her own makeup most of the time – which explains the eyeliner problem, which she's obviously still in denial about. But she's not styling herself alone. She has dressers and hair people. It's not wrong for her to have those people, as I've always said. She's a duchess/princess. She needs people around her, helping her. But don't lie to us and promote this royal propaganda that she's doing this all by herself because she's so accessible.

Oh, and I still think that Kate only wore her hair up last Friday because The Mail – a long favorite for Middleton "exclusives" – called her out on the continuous college-girl sausage curls. But sure – wearing an elegant up-do for formal, evening occasions is now "sexy" and "new" (rather than completely reasonable and expected).

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5840236 wenn3869673 wenn3869224 wenn5840176 waity

Rob Pattinson demanded that nipple-licking pics be removed from shoot: diva?

Posted: 16 May 2012 08:05 AM PDT

Robert Pattinson

This is a really weird story, but Robert Pattinson has reportedly pulled the ferquing diva card about his nipples during his recent shoot with Premiere magazine. That is, Rob was fine with having a female model grope him while the camera clicked away but allegedly drew the line when the photographer instructed the young lady to start licking his nipples. The shoot in question contains the set of photos that functioned as a homage to the works of David Cronenberg, and Rob was totally fine with the surreal, weird, violent vibe but couldn’t handle some random chick’s saliva on his nips. Perhaps he could have asked Tom Cruise for some guidance on how to enjoy an implied beej with an air of detachment? Or not.

Anyway, some people are really implying that Rob is a diva over this mess, and it’s rather amusing that such a huge deal is being made over nothing. After all, Rob once famously endured a 12-hour Details shoot with assorted naked models and then went onto joke about how he was allergic to v-gina.” So just leave him alone about his nipples, alright? Here’s the scoop from Radar Online:

Robert Pattinson

Robert Pattinson is willing to sex things up on camera and get steamy for a photo shoot, but sometimes, things are just a little TOO steamy, even for the adventurous Brit!

The Twilight hunk got down and dirty for a recent photo shoot with French Premiere magazine, but drew the line when it came to naked nipple licking, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

The bizarre photo shoot was in honor of Pattinson’s new movie, Cosmopolis, and lasted a whopping thirteen hours. The shoot got pretty racy, culminating in a doubled up, half naked Pattinson posing in bed with a woman – but what ended up on the cutting floor was even more X-rated!

“Rob was asked to pose bare chested with a sexy blonde model, who happened to be topless as well,” a source tells RadarOnline.com. “He did his best Blue Steel for the camera as the girl snaked all over his body, nibbling his earlobes, kissing his face and neck and pressing her bare boobs against him, but you could see he was uncomfortable with it.

“Rob was really torn — because the girl was stunning and he’s a bit of a cad — he was definitely having a really good time being half naked with a hot blonde with her boobs out, but then he seemed to get all nervous and started worrying that it was just going too far.”

Then came the straw that broke the camel’s back!

“Toward the end of the shot the photographer instructed the model to lick Rob’s nipples! That was the kiss of death — Rob called cut and went in his dressing room and made a phone call. But, he did come back a few minutes later to finish off the photo session, so everyone thought it was all good.”

However, the source says, a few days later the magazine got a call demanding the naked nipple licking photos be pulled from the issue.

Guess some things are just not for public consumption!

[From Radar Online]

It’s a photoshoot, sure. It means nothing. But still, I wouldn’t even want the hottest dude licking my nipples for all the world to see. Some people would argue that it’s different for guys because nipples aren’t so taboo, but this chick was actually placing her bodily fluids on them. That probably made Rob feel uncomfortable even if he wasn’t the f–cking boyfriend of Kristen Stewart. Also, some guys have really sensitive nipples, and others don’t. Maybe Rob is of the former camp, and he didn’t want to have photographic evidence of his genuine arousal floating around for all of posterity. If it was a Terry Richardson shoot, maybe he should expect it, but this was for a feature in the fairly well-respected Premiere magazine.

Bottom line — Rob’s nipples, Rob’s right to be a diva about them.

Robert Pattinson

Robert Pattinson

Robert Pattinson

Photos courtesy of Premiere

premiererob5 premiererob3 premiererob4 premiererob2 premiererob1

Kristen Stewart in red Derek Lam for ‘SWATH’ photo call: improved & appropriate?

Posted: 16 May 2012 07:44 AM PDT

I know we've got a lot of Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron news today, but in my defense, there are lots of new photos, interviews and gossip. And they are promoting the hell out of Snow White & the Huntsman… because both Charlize and Kristen have a lot riding on this movie. Both of them need SWATH to be a big hit. Will it be a big hit? I think it will make a lot of money, but it won't be like an Avengers or Hunger Games-style mega-hit.

Anyway, as I mentioned in the earlier K-Stew post, Kristen, Charlize and some of the SWATH people headed to Germany yesterday after the UK swing of the press tour. I had hoped that the Berlin premiere would be held last night, but it looks like it's going to be tonight. These are photos from the (day-time) SWATH photo call. First thought: I like that Charlize and Kristen don't look like they've (badly) coordinated their looks like they did at the London premiere.

Apparently, Kristen's dress is 10 Crosby by Derek Lam. Still not wearing Balenciaga, I see. Still, this Lam is a big improvement over the Marchesa hideousness. I'm not really in love with the whole look, but Kristen looks presentable and interesting, which is an accomplishment. Oh, and the belt is Alexander McQueen. I feel like Charlize might have given her the belt.

As for Charlize's outfit – I don't know. If anyone has the designer ID, please share it. I think Charlize looks nice and appropriate here – and I buy that she probably had this outfit in her closet already, you know? I'm also including a photo of Sam Clafin, "the prince" of SWATH. He's kind of meh. He and Kristen look like siblings.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn10110237 wenn10110245 wenn10110243 wenn10110229 wenn10110238 wenn10110213

Jennifer Aniston’s latest Smart Water ads: ridiculously Photoshopped or just cute?

Posted: 16 May 2012 04:32 AM PDT

Jennifer Aniston is still the face of SmartWater. Us Weekly says that this is her "second" year as the face of the Glaceau brand, but I seem to remember her getting the contract… maybe back in 2009? That's when her ad campaign seemed to have begun as well, which means this is her fourth year as the face of the brand. I seem to remember hearing that Aniston wasn't just getting a standard payment for her modeling – she also gets stock in the company? Which is smart, especially because Aniston and SmartWater are such a great, compatible "fit" together – people associate her with exercise and gyms and eating healthy, so she works well with a bottled water brand.

Anyway, these are the two new print ads. Almost all of them have been done in black-and-white, and the Photoshop quality usually varies to either extreme. There were some memorable ads two years ago where the Photoshop wizards made Aniston's nose ridiculously upturned, like a snout. She's usually scantily-clad too. So how do these ads stack up? Eh. The photo where she's wearing the black t-shirt – that one is okay. I mean, it looks really retouched, but it still looks like HER. But the one with light-colored, half-buttoned blouse? It looks like they morphed her face with someone else. And her lips look kind of crazy in that one too.

Last year she also did a commercial for the brand, although I think it was more of a would-be viral video that rarely (if ever) aired on TV. I wonder if she'll do a commercial this year?

Photos courtesy of SmartWater.
aniston 1 aniston aniston 2

Charlize Theron: “I hate actors who quote Nietzsche, I don’t like pretentious s–t”

Posted: 16 May 2012 04:20 AM PDT

Charlize Theron is the cover girl for the June issue of InStyle Magazine (US). She's also on the cover of the Australian magazine Madison – I'm including the cover image at the end of the post. I really like Charlize's InStyle cover shoot, for what it's worth. Charlize has been churning out some really great photo shoots lately, but usually InStyle's pictorials aren't this… fierce…? Is that the right word? In any case, Charlize looks gorgeous. As you know, she's promoting Snow White and the Huntsman AND Prometheus, both out in June. And she has no problems talking about babies and boys and she even comes close to claiming that she hasn't had any work done – do you believe her? Hm… anyway, here are some highlights from both InStyle and Madison:

On aging: "I don’t feel like I’m aging at all. I don’t think about that stuff. Especially not at 36. I see my face and my body changing, and they're all changes I'm OK with. Part of me understands I may not be in front of the camera forever, and maybe not just because of age, but because of me. I wouldn't have started my own production company if I didn't feel that way."

Becoming a mom: "So far I'm not surprised by anything about being a mom," she said. "It's all pretty great, but that's what I expected."

On her single status: “I’m always open to a relationship, but I’m not putting those feelers out there now.”

On having adopted son Jackson: Charlize recalled a letter she'd written when she was 8-years-old. “My mother found [it]. It said, ‘Would you please take me to orphanage, so that I can go and adopt a baby?’ I always knew I would adopt – always… It was never a question that one day I would have a child.”

On what she would do if she could switch careers at her current age: “I would be an amazing butler. I’m very good at organizing a house.”

Being a single mother: “You know, I don't think any mother aims to be a single mum. I didn't wish for that, but it happened.”

She's not looking for a husband: “It's never been a fantasy of mine. Marriage has never been that important to me. I don't know why exactly. Some might say it's because my parents didn't have a good marriage, but I don't think so. I treat my relationships like marriages. The ceremony isn't that important to me,” she adds.

She hates pretentious people: “You know what I can't stand? I hate actors who come and quote Nietzsche. I don't like pretentious s**t. I like being around people who like to live life and understand the value of it. I need to be around people who understand we're not curing cancer here. I like professional actors who show up, do the job and are not a pain in the a** to either myself or the crew. I don't believe in this idea that if you're f****d up and Method, that's the only way to do good work. It's bulls**t. A professional actor does their homework beforehand and they do their job. Then when it's all said and done, they have a beer with the crew. That's what a professional actor does.”

[Excerpts via the NY Post, Become Gorgeous and The Gossip Girls]

I love her diatribe against pretension. I want to know if she's directing that at a specific actor. Who has she worked with recently? Michael Fassbender. Uh, no, not pretentious. He probably buys the first round for the crew. Idris Elba? God, I hope not. Noomi Rapace? From what I hear, Noomi's pretty low-key and sweet. Kristen Stewart? Hmm. Charlize seems to like her. Chris Hemsworth? Doubtful. Damn, I want to know who she's calling out!!

As for her statement about marriage – I believe her. I don't think she's one of those "Oh, I don't want to get married unless you've got an engagement ring YES A MILLION TIMES YES!!!" women. I think Charlize's marriage apathy is for real. And I do think it has a lot to do with her mom and dad's situation.

Photos courtesy of InStyle, Madision.
charlize 2 charlize 4 charlize madison charlize 3 charlize 1

Tom Cruise as serious rock star in full W mag shoot: embarrassing or cool?

Posted: 16 May 2012 04:16 AM PDT

Last week, we brought you W magazine’s disturbing June cover that featured a tatted, shirtless Tom Cruise (as Stacee Jaxx in Rock of Ages) flanked by a couple of blonde groupies. Some of you thought that Tom looked hot, but most of you agreed that he just looked gross. Now the rest of the ill-advised photoshoot has been released by W mag, and it is almost sadly hilarious to witness. Because Toms’s a cowboy. On a steel horse he rides. Check out these abdominal muscles, and we’ll discuss.

Tom Cruise

Kaiser, CB, and I were discussing this shoot, and we were primarily trying to figure out what’s going on with Tom’s abs. CB wondered if he got some of those implanted fake washboard abs similar to (but more subtle than) those of a recent Celebrity Big Brother contestant or if Tom’s just been heavily photoshopped because he doesn’t look real. Kaiser brought up Tom’s late 2010 shirtless candid photos on the set of MI4 where his stomach was all lumpy like he had some bad lipo. Personally, I think it’s a combo of some funky lipo coupled with a spray-tanned six pack and a hefty dose of Photoshop as well. Sort of how Robert Pattinson had to have his six-pack painted on for his shirtless scenes in New Moon. Only Tom has to take everything to extremes, so he has to have the best little spray-tanned abs available. As a result, he looks like a freak.

Oh and the cover shot groupies are also present in the photo spread as well. Their shots are mostly NSFW because one of the models whipped out a boob for both of her shots, including this one, which I cropped so that all you can see is the implied beej being offered to a very uninterested Tom.

Tom Cruise

Now let’s get onto the interview, which explains a lot about why Tom’s version of Stacee Jaxx seems far too serious in both trailers. It seems that Tom wanted his version of Stacee to be straightforward and different than the character from the Broadway musical. What a disaster in the making, and I can’t believe director Adam Shankman didn’t shut that notion down. Even W points out that Tom’s the only one in the movie that seems to not be playing their role with a few winks to the camera. Here are some excerpts from Tom’s interview:

Why Tom’s Stacee Jaxx is so serious “I didn’t want to imitate all these other rock stars. He had to be unique. If the audience doesn’t immediately buy into his absolute greatness, there’s no movie journey. Without that, you have nothing. Kate loves musicals. She sings and dances, and we kind of went through the history of musicals together. And Suri loved Hairspray. I thought Adam Shankman did a great job directing the movie, so I arranged to meet him and said, ‘Where’s our musical?’ He came back and said, ‘Rock of Ages.’ We went and saw it in L.A., and for me, I didn’t know how to play the character like that. I had to find my own Stacee Jaxx.”

Stacee’s monkey was Tom’s idea: “I needed to find out if I could really sing! And then I had to learn how to play guitar. I’m very good at air guitar and air drums, but I had never played an actual guitar. After working for weeks on Stacee’s technical skills, I was thinking about the character, and I said, ‘You know what? I need a monkey.’ Adam said, ‘What the f&#* are you talking about?’ And I said, ‘I’m serious, I need a monkey.’ When Stacee’s not onstage, he’s kind of sad. And I thought, This guy has to have a monkey that’s his best friend. Adam found this baboon. He sent me the baboon’s audition tape, and I said, ‘The baboon’s name has to be Hey Man. Stacee Jaxx doesn’t work without Hey Man.’”

Tom loved to dance as a teenager: “You know what? I did the scene from Risky Business around the house. I would sing Bob Seger‚ my mother worked, my sisters were out, and I’d turn the music up. I learned how to dance watching Soul Train. I noticed that if a guy could dance, he’d get a lot of attention and girls would want to dance with him. I worked very hard at imitating those moves.”

[From W magazine]

So it was Tom who insisted on a monkey named Hey Man? I don’t even know what to do with that except to add that to the evidence pile. I’ve already stated my belief that Tom is trying far too hard in this role, and he’s taking his portrayal of Stacee far too seriously to match the mood of the movie. Kaiser adds that Tom is playing it far “too earnest” because the character demands some “humor and irony.” Unfortunately, I don’t think that Tom even acknowledges the existence of irony. He insists upon simply playing every character straight, or he doesn’t take the role at all. Perhaps “straight” is a bad way to describe Tom’s acting method, but you catch my drift. Here’s more of the atrocious W photo shoot, and you can see the rest at the W site.

Notice how Tom is posing with an empty (?) bottle of Jack Daniels because Scientologists don’t do liquor. Either that or it’s filled with barley water.

Tom Cruise

Photos courtesy of W magazine

tomwmag1 tomwmag8 tomwmag6 tomwmag2 tomwmag5 tomwmag3-1

Elizabeth Banks: “Men love a second income, they want their wives to work”

Posted: 16 May 2012 04:13 AM PDT

Judging solely by the cover image of the always-underrated and lovely Elizabeth Banks, I was prepared to love this cover shoot. Unfortunately, Allure used their prettiest photo of Banks for the June cover, and all of the other photos are awful. Like, she looks like a wax figure of a blow-up doll in the other shots. It's not cute. Still, we love Elizabeth, don't we? I'm not expecting many people to comment on her though. I've prepared myself for this to be one of the least commented-on posts of the day. You guys would rather rag on Kim Kardashian than show a cool lady like Elizabeth some love. Yes, that was a challenge. LOVE HER, damn it.

As far as Elizabeth's cover interview… it's a bit hit-or-miss. I really love some of the stuff she says, especially about earning more money than her husband. But I feel like the language and terminology she uses to describe becoming a mother through surrogacy… well, it could use some work. It pains me to admit that, because I loved the initial statement she made about surrogacy. Here are some excerpts:

Expecting a baby via surrogacy last year: “I had already mourned the loss of my fertility for myself, so I was past it. The only time it really affected me was when Alec Baldwin looked me straight in the eye and asked me, ‘Are you pregnant right now?’ Alec Baldwin asked me straight up. I had made a comment about wearing a fake belly, something innocuous, and he looked me straight in the eye and asked me, ‘Are you pregnant right now?’ And I blanched totally. Because of course, technically, no I wasn’t. But then, technically, yes, in a way I was! And it was very weird. I thought Alec was reading my mind or something. We weren’t telling anyone then, so I said ‘No.’ I thought, ‘Is that a lie?’ Because it wasn’t a lie, and yet it was a lie!”

On her son Felix: “It’s essentially a test tube baby — it’s just the test tube is another woman. That you can grow a baby outside of yourself! It’s amazing!”

On What To Expect When You're Expecting: “I did [the movie] for my fellow females,” says Banks, who stars alongside Jennifer Lopez, 42, Cameron Diaz, 39, Anna Kendrick, 26, and Brooklyn Decker, 25. “I thought I was standing up for all the women who have crazy horrible pregnancies — you know, there’s all these things we’re not allowed to talk about in public.”

On her weight and body image: “It’s not good to put in a magazine what I weigh because it’s too little. People freak out when they hear what I weigh,” Banks says. “They think, ‘Oh, you’re too skinny.’ But I ate a cupcake last night — and I eat broccoli. I work out with a trainer; she kicks my ass.”

She didn't like her figure growing up: “I thought I had chicken legs, and I thought, Oh, my boobies are too small,” she says. “It was the era of Cindy Crawford and The Body—and I didn’t have that.”

Earning more money than her husband: “Well, we’re the first generation to do it. And it’s very ingrained even in our DNA that men are hunter-gatherers who are meant to go off and provide. And that we are really meant to stay at home and have kids…. Let’s be honest. Men love a second income. It gets them their boat and their vacations. They want their wives to work.”

Sexism in Hollywood: “When you’re young in this business, you don’t realize it, but there are no superhero movies starring women! I was very idealistic. And so it was an adjustment knowing I was going into a movie and would be working just as hard as the male actors, and in some cases feeling I was more talented than they were—and knowing I was making a fraction of their salary. And knowing also that this is my reality going forward.”

[From Us Weekly, Allure]

See? I like the part about out-earning her husband and how she knew that she was more talented than most of the men who out-earn her. It's interesting to think that right now, at the age of 38, Elizabeth has finally come into her own as an actress. Meaning that she toiled as a character actress and supporting player for more than a decade, and while she's probably still considered a "character actress," she's getting so much more attention these days because of What To Expect, The Hunger Games and 30 Rock. Her IMDB is insane – she works SO MUCH. God, I love her.

Photos courtesy of Allure.
elizabeth banks banks 2 banks 3

Angelina Jolie’s foreword to Billy Bob Thornton’s memoir: “He has an unmatchable wit”

Posted: 16 May 2012 04:13 AM PDT

Earlier this year, some tabloid revealed this scandalous information: Angelina Jolie still gets along with her ex-husband, Bill Bob Thornton. She actually gets along with both of her exes, BBT and Jonny Lee Miller, by the way – JLM and his wife still come out to support Angelina's projects whenever they're all in the same city. Anyway, the tabloids were freaking out because BBT has written a memoir (-ish) and Angelina wrote the foreword to it. Soon after that news came out, the tabloids simply ran several stories claiming that OBVIOUSLY Angelina and BBT are still boning in their leathery sex shack because obviously. OBVS. Anyway, Life & Style has an early excerpt of just what Angelina says in the foreword:

They’ve been divorced for nearly 10 years, but Angelina Jolie still has a soft spot for ex-husband Billy Bob Thornton. In Billy Bob’s new book, The Billy Bob Tapes: A Cave Full of Ghosts, which Life & Style has obtained, Angelina pens the foreword and says her former partner “has a big beautiful heart.”

But that’s not at all: “He has an unmatchable wit and can make you laugh until your face hurts,” Angie writes.

The 36-year-old actress, who got engaged to partner of seven years Brad Pitt in April, gives even more details about Billy Bob’s personality.

“To be with him is like being with a mad mathematician,” she adds. “He is constantly counting and repeating.”

Along with talking about the things the 56-year-old actor loves and dislikes, Angie admits the world, and she herself, would not be the same without him around.

“Some people walk through life able to quiet the voices in their heads. He can’t. And I, and everyone else who knows him well, we love him for it,” she says, ending with, “I know one thing: The world would certainly be a hell of a lot more dull if that man weren’t in it.”

Billy recently opened up about his marriage to Angie, calling the failure of their relationship his fault.

“I blew it because I didn’t think I was good enough for her,” he said. “She has one way she wanted to live her life and I had another way to live mine, and I was just too insecure.”

Billy Bob Thornton and Angie Jolie, who co-starred in the 1999 film Pushing Tin, married in 2000 and were divorced in 2003.

[From Life & Style]

It sounds like Angelina still has a great deal of affection for BBT, although… I do feel like she sounds rather removed, almost like she's eulogizing him rather than describing a living, breathing man who still exists in this world. Like, it seems like Billy Bob might be frozen in time for her, stuck permanently in 2001, and she barely knows the BBT of 2012. Anyway, that's just my armchair analysis. I don't think they're boning. I don't think Angelina is having any kind of sexual nostalgia. I think she's just being generous with a man whom she remembers fondly.

Photos courtesy of WENN, PR Photos.
wenn20521 "Gone in 60 Seconds" Los Angeles Premiere - Arrivals wenn9896174 wenn5792757 angelina jolie

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/05/celebitchy_16.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...