Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Did Joshua Jackson secretly propose to anti-marriage Diane Kruger?

Posted: 24 May 2012 08:49 AM PDT

Diane Kruger isn't interested in marriage. Not even to PACEY!! In several interviews over the past few years, Diane has let her anti-marriage bias come out when explaining her relationship to Joshua Jackson. She said that during her first marriage – to Guillaume Canet, who is now Marion Cotillard's baby-daddy – she "learned" that she doesn't "believe in marriage. I believe in a commitment that you make in your heart. There's no paper that will make you stay. A guy friend of mine said, and it made a lot of sense, that people should get married at the end of the road, not the beginning." She's also talked about eventually having Joshua's babies and settling down with him in Paris too. So… I think Diane and Joshua are solid and I could definitely see them having babies at some point. But I think Diane is pretty clear about not wanting to be remarried. So what do you make of this?

Joshua Jackson helped Prince Albert and former President Bill Clinton raise more than $750,000 for their respective foundations Wednesday night at the first-ever “Nights in Monaco” benefit dinner in Monte Carlo.

Benefit officials said the Fringe star, 33, accompanied by his longtime love, Diane Kruger, won a necklace by designer Carla Amorim with a bid of $45,000, reportedly saying it was an engagement present for her.

Jackson and Kruger, 35, who wore a cream-colored Prabal dress, and Rose McGowan, wearing Monique Lhuillier, were among the celebrities who drove in from the Cannes Film Festival for the dinner at the Hotel de Paris.

Prince Albert hosted the gala with his sister Princess Caroline and Albert’s cousin Baroness Elizabeth-Anne de Massy, and President Clinton gave a brief speech.

Guests dined on farm-raised veal, fish, zucchini caviar and truffled vinaigrette from Hotel de Paris master chef Alain Ducasse.

Albert’s wife, Princess Charlene, was not present. Palace officials said the dinner was meant to be a “gentlemen’s evening” and that the 34-year-old princess did not want to “take away” from Albert and Clinton’s announcement that their foundations will work together on global issues such as environment, health issues and more.

Reps for the actors didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

[From People]

It's in People Mag – not just idle speculation. Of course, it could just be a wonky report, or someone misheard something. OR Joshua did propose and Diane said yes? Joshua seems like such a nice guy, and he's always struck me as more "traditional". Maybe he wants to marry his lady before he knocks her up? How quaint!

Here are some photos of Diane and Joshua at the “Nights in Monaco” benefit dinner. Diane's dress is Prabal Gurung. Why does Diane make every dress look like Chanel? It's a gift. And isn't Joshua a tall drink of scruffy handsome? *SIGH*

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet and WENN.
wenn3898982 FFN_CHP_NightsInMonaco_052312_9116782 FFN_CHP_NightsInMonaco_052312_9116785 FFN_CHP_NightsInMonaco_052312_9116791 FFN_CHP_NightsInMonaco_052312_9116784

Sister Wives’ Janelle once left Kody for over two years

Posted: 24 May 2012 08:44 AM PDT


Of all the women on Sister Wives, second wife Janelle is my favorite. She’s the smartest, the most pragmatic, and she’s the family’s financial planner. She was also the only wife to have a full time job outside of the house. (Meri had a part-time job, which she lost due to the show. I wouldn’t suggest that being a stay at home mom is not a full time job, it’s more than that, which is why I’m making the distinction.) At least she was before they all moved to Las Vegas on the money they made from the reality show.

It turns out that Janelle was also smart enough to leave Kody, at least for over two years. After she had her fifth baby with Kody ten years ago, (they have six kids together) Janelle left, going to live with her mother for several months. (Janelle’s mother married Kody’s dad, and became his second wife three months before Kody married Janelle. Really this happened. So Janelle was probably living with her father in-law, Kody’s dad, at the time too.)

Janelle then got her own house with her kids, where she lived apart from Kody and the then two other wives for two years! She eventually moved back in with Kody when he announced that he was moving to Utah with Meri and Christine and the other children. This is just one of several revelations in a new book they have out, Becoming Sister Wives and I’ll include a couple more below. Radar has a few stories out about this and I’m just compiling them into one:

Janelle moved out and lived separately for over two years
“During the eighth year of our marriage, I gave birth to my fifth child, Gabriel,” Janelle writes, adding she “sank into a horrible postpartum depression.

“I felt overwhelmed by having had so many children in quick succession, and felt seriously depressed at our lack of financial means.”

“I also had a particularly nasty fight with Meri — one of the worst we’d ever had,” she writes. “I was at my breaking point. I couldn’t see my way out of my depression. I told Kody I was leaving. That night, I got into the car and drove to my mother’s house. My kids and I stayed with my mother for several months until I found my own place. My job paid a decent salary, which allowed me to buy a better car in addition to my own home. I started to build a life for myself outside the sisterhood.”

“Two years after I’d established myself in my own house, Kody told me that he was moving the family to Utah. ‘Okay,’ I told him. ‘See you later.’ No way I was going to give up the peace and independence I had found.”

Janelle writes that space was key however, as the “big house changed everything.

“We were able to be together as a family in a normal and relaxed way,” she writes. “I had my own space, but my kids had their siblings and the other mothers in the same building.”


Christine once left for three days
“When Kody let slip that he had selected Robyn’s wedding dress himself, Christine was devastated and walked off set,” Janelle writes. “The show has to fit into an hour of television, so the necessary edits make it look as if she returned immediately.”

While the magic of editing might have made it seem like the tiff was resolved in an instant, in reality, Janelle writes Christine “didn’t come back for three days.

Kody talks fulfillment, sex
“To be honest, I’m not sure if any one of my wives could fulfill all of my needs, nor do I believe that I am fulfilling all of theirs,” he writes, before going into detail over the specific things that make each of his better halves so special.

“Janelle and I can talk business. With Christine I can enjoy the lightness of being together,” he writes. “With Meri the world is structured and organized, her house is peaceful and in order. When Robyn came into the family, she brought about an emotional honesty that required me to start dealing with things I’d avoided.”

Regarding sex, Kody writes, “All I’m going to say is that my marriages aren’t different from anyone else’s in that respect.

“The one constant is that I keep my marriages distinct and discreet,” Kody stresses. “There is no overlap, no ‘sharing,’ nothing untoward or salacious.”

[From three stories on Radar]

I watched most of the first episode of “Sister Wives” this season, and Christine is having all sorts of problems with Kody. She’s the last wife prior to Robyn coming in, and she had just had a baby when Kody started dating Robyn. It was a lot to deal with, and in the episode I saw she told Kody she didn’t feel like he wanted to be with her anymore.

Why did the show make it seem like Christine came right back after she got mad that Kody picked out Robyn’s dress? You know she was upset and overwhelmed at the whole situation of a fourth wife, and that the issue of the dress was just a convenient place to direct her anger. It seems like TLC would realize that showing the extent of that drama would have brought in ratings. The Browns must have worked out a deal with producers to gloss over it.

So now we know that Janelle left for two years. She got convinced to come back into the fold, maybe in no small part by her mom. Janelle was the one who ended up taking care of the finances and bringing in the bulk of the money (along with Kody) until the reality show dollars started coming in. I want something better for her, and it sounds like she was close to having it.

janelle1-1024x567 sisterwives3-1024x565 sisterwivesback11 sisterwivesout1 Kody Brown and his four wives from "Sister Wives" at the opening show of "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth, Live on Stage" in Las Vegas Kody Brown and his four wives from "Sister Wives" at the opening show of "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth, Live on Stage" in Las Vegas christine1-1024x567

Kristen Stewart’s ‘On the Road’ performance slammed by conservative group

Posted: 24 May 2012 08:26 AM PDT

There are a ton of new reviews out for On the Road now that critics in Cannes have finally gotten to see it. The reviews are… mixed. And they're not what I was expecting. I have no interest in nit-picking or anything, so just Google "On the Road review" and pick and choose which reviews to put stock in (I think The Hollywood Reporter's review is pretty fair and comprehensive). I think most critics agree that several of the performances are very good (I've seen praise for Garrett Hedlund, Viggo Mortensen, Sam Riley and Kristen Stewart), and most critics agree that On the Road is a really difficult book to adapt and Walter Salles made an interesting film that won't make everybody happy.

But all of the reviews coming out of Cannes are not so straight-forward. Radar reports that Kristen Stewart's performance – as the teenage bride who has several sex romps in the film – is drawing out some criticism from those people who think she should remain a virginal, family-friendly oasis. LIKE BELLA!!!

Kristen Stewart's teen queen crown is going to get severely dislodged, thanks to salacious threesome sex scenes in her upcoming film, On The Road, and RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that her controversial role has disgusted conservative groups.

"The movie industry has a twisted affection for making raunchy films that use and abuse former child stars," Dan Gainor of the Culture and Media Institute exclusively told RadarOnline.com.

"In the film On The Road, Kristen Stewart engages in a threesome and masturbates two male characters according to reports. How will parents who took their daughters to see the Twilight movies explain this?" asked Gainor.

"It is irresponsible of Stewart and manipulative of Hollywood bosses to deliberately try to destroy any sense of decency these actresses might have taught young people."

Having grown up in a family rooted in the entertainment industry, Stewart, 22, won her first starring role at the tender age of 13 when she appeared in the children’s action-comedy Catch That Kid.

She's now famous for portraying troubled vampire lover Bella Swan in the multi-million dollar Twilight saga, and despite living with on-and-off screen boyfriend Robert Pattison, Kristen is still considered by most to be innocently wholesome — an image the provocative Jack Kerouac adaptation is sure to shatter!

"We’ve watched and been saddened by the parade of former Disney stars getting used, so that any wholesome image they have is destroyed — Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus and more. But it’s not just them," he went on to say. "It’s a common theme from actresses like Elizabeth Berkley from Saved by the Bell who appeared in the tawdry Showgirls or Anne Hathaway who went from every girl’s dream role model in the Princess Diaries to a nude scene with Jake Gyllenhaal in Love and Other Drugs.”

Even an actress who is now married with two children did not escape Gainor's wrath. "Then there’s Jessica Alba who grew up from appearing in the TV show Flipper to a starring role in the sick and abusive The Killer Inside Me.

"All we’ve learned here is that parents should tell their children that the time when most in Hollywood are truly acting is when they are acting decently," he adamantly concluded.

[From Radar]

Now, you know I'm not some huge Kristen Stewart fan, but for goodness sake, LEAVE KRISTEN ALONE. Some days, I'm irritated by the whole "let me sexpot my way out of the Disney ghetto" path that too many young celebrity women attempt, but there's a difference in this situation – Kristen is an actress. She's playing a part, and some say she's playing the part very, very well. She should not be criticized for stretching herself as an actress and getting out of her comfort zone for a good role.

When Kristen discussed the "controversial" threesome scene yesterday in Cannes, K-Stew said, "I wanted to do it… I love pushing. I love scaring myself. I’ve always wanted to get as close to an experience as I could. I was almost the same age Luanne was at the time, but I was a much younger 16, so I’m glad I had a chance to age before we started shooting."

Photos courtesy of Fame and WENN.
FFN_CHP_On_the_Road_PR_052312_9114534 wenn3902824 wenn3905279 wenn3903150

Kanye West is “feeling increasingly like part of the Kardashian family”

Posted: 24 May 2012 07:42 AM PDT

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are still in Cannes. These are some photos from the past 24 hours of Kimye's Big Cannes Extravaganza, where they seem to be doing several costume changes and paparazzi photo ops every day. Guess who else in Cannes? Kim's nemesis, Paris Hilton. Apparently, they've even been at the same parties, although they studiously avoid each other.

Last night, Kanye debuted his film, Cruel Summer, to a packed tent. According to Starpulse, the film features hip-hop star Kid Cudi and Kanye in a smaller role, and Kanye admits they were in a rush to finish – they were still shooting the movie four weeks ago in Qatar, for goodness sake. After the screening, Kanye got a standing ovation. Meh.

As for this week's tabloids and what they're saying about Kim and Kanye – well, it changes every week. The Enquirer is saying that Kanye feels like part of the Kardashian family at this point, so much so that he's worries about Kris Jenner's plastic surgery, and how Kris could end up like Kanye's late mother Donda.

KANYE WEST is pleading with GF KIM KARDASHIAN's mom Kris Jen­ner to stop having plastic surgery because he's afraid she'll end up dead like his own mother. The rap star's mom Donda West tragically died at the age of 58 in November 2007 – one day after getting a tummy tuck, breast reduction and lipo­suction.

"That loss crushed Kanye," revealed a close source. "She wasn't just his mom but his manager as well – just like Kris is Kim's manager. The parallels are uncanny. Kanye's gotten very close to Kris. She's become like a second mom to him, and he couldn't bear losing another person in his life to plastic surgery. Kanye told Kris, 'I don't want to lose ya, baby!'"

Friends and family of the Kardashi­ans' 56-year-old "momager" fear that she will go overboard with her nip-and-tuck opera­tions. Just before her daughter Kim's short-lived Aug. 20 marriage to Kris Humphries, her mom announced: "I need a little freshening up." And as cameras rolled, she headed off to see a plastic sur­geon. Clearly nervous before the procedure, she admitted: "I don't want to die."

But Kris could have died from embarrass­ment when a new trailer for the upcom­ing season of the E! reality show "Keeping Up with the Kardashi­ans" showed her with her top lip enormously swollen in a "trout pout."

"It appeared that the lip was temporarily disfigured from col­lagen injections," said the source. "She looked positively freakish, and (her children) Kim and Rob were alarmed.” Everyone is worried that her plastic surgery kick "will veer dan­gerously out of control," confided the source.

But no one is more worried than Kanye, 34, who feels increasingly like a part of the Kardashian family. After only a few months of ro­mancing Kim, he's already talking marriage with her. The rapper was previously engaged to Alexis Phifer in August 2006. But their joyous plans collapsed after the shocking, unexpected death of Kanye's mom – and it haunts him.

[From The National Enquirer]

You know what's weird? I kind of believe this. I do think Kanye is still dealing with stuff from his mom's death, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Kanye had some ideas about how the Jenner-Kardashian women shouldn't be nipping, tucking, injecting and Botoxing. Of course, Kanye should start with Kim. Kim's Kat-face is ridiculous.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3902841 wenn5850209 wenn5850213 wenn5850215 wenn5849997 wenn5850003

Charlize Theron’s two dogs have been helping her with baby Jackson

Posted: 24 May 2012 07:13 AM PDT

Charlize Theron is interviewed on today's Ellen DeGeneres Show. Usually, I just kind of ignore Ellen's interviews – I mean, I like Ellen and everything, but I'm not crazy about doing a lot of coverage from television interviews. But this one moved me. Charlize has been doing press for Prometheus and Snow White and the Huntsman for weeks now, but somehow she's managed to avoid really talking about her son Jackson, and the adoption process she went through and all of that. But she gives it up to Ellen, including some personal photos of her dogs and her son.

Charlize describes bringing a newborn son into a household that includes two dogs, saying: "It was the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed. From the moment this baby came into our home. Those two dogs have never been more in love. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed… People keep saying, oh you're a single mom and I'm like actually I'm not. I got two boys (her dogs) helping me out. It's incredible." She says her terrier mutt Berkley is "the pacifier thief… He'll just lay there with the pacifier in his mouth." And Charlize says her Pit Bull "woke up with me for every feed, for every change, and whenever the baby would cry the Pitt would start crying."

Charlize also confirms that she adopted Jackson from America, not Africa, and that she brought him home when he was nine days old. She describes her two-year adoption process: "You know, it took me a while. The process, it took around two years. My Mom said the most beautiful thing. I'm going to cry. She said,…it took me nine months to fall in love with you were growing in my stomach. She's like it took you two years to fall in love with this little baby. It really took two years of just waiting and then one day it's finally there. It just feels exactly how it's supposed to feel. I don't know how to describe it. It just feels right."

Here's the video – you should watch it just for the photos of Charlize's dogs with the baby.

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet, Michael Rozman/Warner Bros.
FFN_CHP_Theron_Charlize_050812_9058918 FFN_CHP_Theron_Charlize_050812_9058949 FFN_CHP_Theron_Charlize_050812_9058947 IMG_2408r FFN_CHP_Theron_Charlize_050812_9058940 FFN_Theron_Charlize_VAH_052212_9111025

Britney Spears “seems loopy and not right,” under stress from ‘X-Factor’ gig

Posted: 24 May 2012 05:09 AM PDT

Even though I think Howard Stern was rude for saying it publicly, I think he was right: Britney Spears is going to be a "train wreck" and a hot mess as a judge on The X-Factor. There were rumors about the gig for what felt like MONTHS, and then finally Simon Cowell announced it – Britney and Demi Lovato are the new judges for the new season. Considering Britney is still very much under a conservatorship that her father and her fiancé control, there are some concerns as to whether Britney will even be able to do her job on the show, LIVE on air. Us Weekly has a lengthy and heartbreaking story about it in this week's issue. The basic gist? People close to Britney worry that the stress of The X Factor gig is already sending Britney into breakdown territory.

Those closest to Britney worry The X-Factor opportunity will be just another rise before a fall – live, in front of millions of viewers.

"Doing X Factor may lead her back into meltdown territory," says a source. "She gets extremely nervous and anxious. She's hard on herself and not very confident."

Anything new, even positive developments like her engagement to Jason Trawick can rock the boat. "For her, it's all input as stress," explains the source. "This is a lot of change at once for Britney. She's coming undone."

Sources warn that Britney hasn't healed 100 percent since her 2007/2008 breakdown. "She really is starting to seem loopy and not right," admits a source close to Spears. "She is so happy one minute and sad and crying the next." Adds a second source, "Her emotions are fragile."

"She is very scared and overwhelmed by the thought of it," a source says about the idea of participation in The X Factor. And her reported $15 million payday seems to be a hindrance, not a help. "Now that she's gotten financially stable again, she is starting to let loose and let old demons come out," says a source.

At a friend's crawfish-boil party in LA's Brentwood neighborhood May 5, Spears showed up sporting cutoffs, a cropped top and no shoes – and proceeded to ignore the other guests while muttering obscenities to herself! Hanging out alone by the food, a source says, "she would sort of say to no one, 'F–k it, I'm eating whatever I want. I don't care.' Everyone was wondering what was up."

Out of the public eye, Britney is an angel, a neighbor insists. "Britney has been keeping very quiet,"says the source, who lives near Spears' $25,000-a-month, five-bedroom mansion in the private Sherwood Country Club.

"She has a very simple life that doesn't require her to go out very often," explains another source. "Everyone she needs to see comes to the house. She gets her hair done or spray-tans at home. She is definitely lonely and doesn't have friends."

Her favorite pastimes? Decorating her new home and working out. "She has a trainer who comes to the house a few days a week… she also has a chef who cooks meals for her and the boys."

[From Us Weekly, print edition]

The article goes on to detail how structured and managed Britney's personal and professional life is, using many of the points I've made in the past for why Britney shouldn't be "engaged" to Jason Trawick – this is a woman whose life is still very much micro-managed by her father and her fiancé. Then the article goes on to detail how The X-Factor will work if Britney has some kind of issue live on air – the details include versions of "well, maybe one of the other judges will just talk over her" and "well, boozehound Christina Aguilera can somehow function on live television, how hard could it be for Britney?" I just get the feeling once again that everybody is using this poor woman. WTF are Jamie Spears and Jason Trawick thinking, allowing Britney to go through with this?

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5841925 wenn3880566 wenn3880586 wenn3880567

Enquirer: John Travolta is a secret cross-dresser & Kelly Preston has dumped him

Posted: 24 May 2012 04:32 AM PDT

Masseur-Gate has gotten sad and rather anticlimactic (no pun intended). Thank goodness The National Enquirer is here to give us a belly laugh. No, of course John Travolta isn't a sad, sweaty pervert who assaults and gropes strange men in hotel rooms across America (and Australia, and Canada, and…). OF COURSE NOT. How could he when his problem is obviously being a closeted cross-dresser? That seems to be The Enquirer's take – after running so many stories about Travolta boning dark, lithe men in spas, now The Enquirer is all about Travolta loving to cross-dress.

He’s been accused of sexually assaulting male masseurs – but today John Travolta was heaped with fresh embarrassment after photos surfaced of him cross-dressing. The Pulp Fiction star appears in full drag – and the pictures, published in this National Enquirer, are allegedly not for a film role.

In the snaps, the 58-year-old actor is wearing a white dress, brown belt, fur stole, earrings and a necklace. A bra is even visible beneath the knit frock. He also wears a face full of makeup, including thick black eyeliner and pearly pink lipstick as well as a blonde wig pulled back into a ponytail.

The photos were obtained by The National Enquirer from a party in Los Angeles that John attended in 1997, just six years after marrying Kelly Preston. In another bitter twist of fate, the magazine claims that his wife of over twenty years has left him in the wake of his cross-dressing scandal.

A ‘friend’ of the actress’ says: ‘Kelly told me their marriage is over and made it clear that she’s no longer living in the family home. She’s put up with John’s double life for decades while his behaviour remained in the shadows. But all this coming out in public has humiliated her. Kelly is absolutely destroyed.’

No doubt his children, Ella, 12, and Benjamin, 18 months, will be affected by this recent scandal.

John is certainly no stranger to dressing up in drag. He wore women’s clothing on the big screen as Edna Turnblad in the 2007 silver screen adaptation of Broadway musical Hairspray. Though his tongue-in-cheek role had many laughing, this current photo scandal is certainly no laughing matter in the wake of recent reports that he sexually assaulted male masseurs.

[From The Mail]

At some point, does the media's treatment of Travolta's alleged (LOL) homosexuality become offensive? What I'm saying is 1) first the media treated John Travolta with kid gloves, even in the wake of now seven (or more) men claiming that Travolta assaulted them. I think the media would be treating Travolta differently if this was a heterosexual scandal, if women were accusing Travolta of assault. 2) Now the tabloid media is throwing outdated stereotypes at Travolta – like, because he's "gay" he must be a "cross-dresser" too, when there is a lot of psychological data to suggest that many cross-dressing men identify as heterosexual, and many gay men do not cross-dress. Do I need to make a VENN diagram?

That being said, would I believe John Travolta is a "secret" cross-dresser? Eh. I believe John has a "secret" life where he does all manner of things that would shock and appall me. I think cross-dressing is pretty much a non-starter, if true.

'Hairspray' stills, courtesy of All Movie Photos.
travolta travolta 3 travolta 2

Nicole Kidman in orange-red Antonio Berardi in Cannes: Botoxy or beautiful?

Posted: 24 May 2012 04:27 AM PDT

Nicole Kidman arrived in Cannes a few days ago, even though her promotional work for The Paperboy didn't start until today. I guess Nicole just wanted to party and schmooze in the South of France. Maybe she's hoping to soak up the vibe considering she's going to be playing Princess Grace of Monaco. The photos of Nicole in the orange-red Antonio Berardi Fall 2012 are from today's photo call for The Paperboy. Thoughts on Nicole's dress? I like that she went with a bold color, although I'm not crazy about this particular bold color. The cut and design of the dress is solid, and the tailoring is lovely. My only real complaint is the color, actually.

Also in attendance at the photo call: Lee Daniels (the director), Zac Efron, John Cusack, Matthew McConaughey and Macy Gray.

A few more things about Nicole. One, her Botox-face is still, as ever, ridiculous. I don't think her forehead or eyebrows moved a centimeter once during the photo call. And her lips- still ridiculous. But really, let's talk about Nicole's boobs. I've long claimed that shortly after Nicole gave birth to Sunday Rose, she got some implants. I actually have an eloborate conspiracy theory involving Nicole's bolt-ons, but we don't need to get into that right now. Let's just say that there has been photo evidence in the past that indicates to me that Nicole's tatas are not all real. I believe she got something done, and while I appreciated that she kept them smaller (they look fine on her frame), I'm now wondering if she went back to the surgeon's office and got some even bigger implants. We've gotten emails about this too, and CB and I spent way too much time last night inspecting Nicole's rack like boob scientists. To the boob laboratory!!!

More photos of Nicole last night in Cannes (her bolt-ons are even more noticeable here).

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3904316 wenn3904307 wenn3904314 wenn3904718 wenn3904725 wenn3904845 wenn3904715 wenn3904335 wenn3904338 wenn3904341 wenn3904337

Jim Parsons “is gay and in a 10-year relationship,” says the New York Times

Posted: 24 May 2012 04:25 AM PDT

Jim Parsons is gay. You heard it here first. Sort of. Back in 2010, we covered a story from The National Enquirer about Jim Parsons and his live-in boyfriend named Todd Spiewak and how Jim had proposed to Todd. Last year, The Enquirer also claimed that the engagement was "off" because Jim found out that Todd wanted kids, and Jim was all "Meh." Anyway, Jim never really confirmed or denied his sexuality in interviews, and I think most people kind of just thought, "Eh. So what if he's gay? He's pretty funny." Well… Jim just came out of the closet. And he did it in such an old-school way! During the course of a New York Times interview, the Times casually outs him. It's so quaint and old-media! You can read the full NYT piece here (Jim is promoting his lead role in a Broadway production of Harvey) and here's the blink-and-you'll-miss-it reference to his sexuality:

By the winter of 2011 Mr. Parsons had won his first Emmy for "Big Bang" and was midway through Season 4 when he felt he was "spinning my wheels" as an actor, and began looking to do a play again. He landed the role of Tommy Boatwright, a young gay activist in "The Normal Heart" who bucks up the main characters in their fight against AIDS. The humanity and intensity of the play appealed to him, he said, just as Beckett and Büchner once did; in graduate school, too, his thesis project was a 15-minute performance piece about a mentally disabled death-row inmate, a psychiatrist and a murder victim's father — all played by Mr. Parsons.

"The Normal Heart" resonated with him on a few levels: Mr. Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship, and working with an ensemble again onstage was like nourishment, he said. As the production was ending last summer, he heard that the Roundabout Theater Company was considering a revival of "Harvey" — initially with John C. Reilly under consideration for Elwood — and last November the play's director, Scott Ellis, asked him and Ms. Hecht to do a private reading of the work in Los Angeles.

[From The New York Times]

Now, Parsons isn't the one saying "I'm gay and I've been in a relationship with a man for ten years." The NYT says it for him. If this was People Magazine, I would say that Parsons definitely approved that line and his publicist cosigned it. But this is the New York Times – did they just casually "out" an actor without his consent? Without directly quoting him? Weird.

I'm pretty sure the other dude in these photos is Todd Spiewak, Jim's boyfriend/fiancé of 10 years.

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet and WENN.
wenn5838234 wenn5514590 wenn5514589 FFN_flynet_j_parsons_112208_50287337

Gwyneth Paltrow forgets to flat-iron, goes wavy: doesn’t she look much better?

Posted: 24 May 2012 04:20 AM PDT

Gwyneth Paltrow did an event in London two days ago for the Clinton Foundation, and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to get to the photos yesterday. There good pics – Gwyneth actually stopped for a moment outside the venue to smile and pose for the waiting paparazzi, which she rarely does. I do like her outfit – white slacks and some kind of intricate, lacy shell. Gwyneth does white and cream a lot, and sometimes the paleness washes her out, but not here. She looks toned and fit and tan.

But really, let's talk what's important. HER HAIR. I've been on a tear over the past year or so about Gwyneth's hair. In my defense, Goop is kind of stuck in the 1990s, her hey-day. She still believes her go-to red carpet look should be "long blonde hair, flat-ironed, with a strict center part." It no longer suits her face, and I think the style ages her and dates her. Look at how much better and younger she looks with her hair all wavy and fluffy and teased out a bit? Isn't this such an improvement? She needs to adopt this style more often.

As for the event – President Clinton was there. Don't worry. Goop is SO not his type. Let's face it – you could show Bubba a dozen slim, elegant, icy blondes and he's always going to go for the zaftig, bubbly brunette. I kind of want Bubba to meet Christina Hendricks. RIGHT? That needs to happen. Here's more about the London event:

It was certainly an eclectic crowd at the Millennium Network Event held held in London last night. Gwyneth Paltrow brought Hollywood glamour to the bash and turned up in an all white outfit and a winning smile. The 39-year-old star donned a bright ensemble held at The Old Vic Tunnels in Waterloo. Gwyneth was seen waving to fans and photographers as she arrived at the event, showing off her trim figure in a white top with embroidery detail and a pair of tuxedo trousers. The mother-of-two had her hair teased into loose beach waves and had heavy eyeliner for the occasion.

Gwyneth was co-host of the event which was attended by Princess Beatrice and her boyfriend Dave Clark, Joan Collins and Lily Cole. The Millennium Network is part of the Clinton Foundation and former President Bill and his daughter Chelsea were there to support the event.

The fundraiser was arranged to help raise funds for the organisation which aims to improve global health, strengthen economies, promote healthier childhoods, and protect the environment. Guests, who paid upwards of £120 a ticket were treated to music, speeches and drinks as well as the chance to mingle with the familiar faces in attendance.

[From The Mail]

So she co-hosted! Good for Goop, deigning to mingle with the charitable peasantry. Oh, but she got to have some face time with Pres. Clinton and Princess Beatrice, I'm sure. I really want this week's Goop newsletter to be all about Gwyneth finding a way to name-drop "Mr. William Jefferson Clinton." Please, like Gwyneth would ever stoop to call him "Bill". As if.

UPDATE: Hahaha, funny story – this event that Goop co-hosted is being called the “WORST PARTY EVER”.

Bill Clinton hasn't had much luck on the party circuit. Another exclusive bash he'd hosted in London recently with tickets costing up to $1,600 was blasted as "the worst party ever" by guests who lined up for hours to get in. Marie Phillips, author of "Gods Behaving Badly," wrote on Twitter, "WORST. PARTY. EVER. The queue was the highlight." She described how celebrity guests including Gwyneth Paltrow and Will.i.am were led in while hundreds of others who paid for tickets waited outside near Waterloo Station. She added, "I haven't seen so many posh angry people in a line since the shrimp ran out at Kate and Wills' wedding."

[Via Page Six]

Go ahead and just blame it all on Gwyneth. PEASANT REVOLT!!!

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5849073 wenn5849070 wenn5849071 wenn5849072 wenn3901040

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/05/celebitchy_24.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...