Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Brandi Glanville accused of boning her best friend’s ex-husband for publicity

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 08:51 AM PST

You know what? I generally come down on Brandi Glanville's side in the whole "white-trash uncool Bermuda Triangle" situation, but this week's Brandi-centric storyline is exhausting. First, Brandi "got married" in Las Vegas to her self-described BFF of 20 years, Darin Harvey. Her Twitter page was full of photos from her wedding night, and it really seemed like she and her girls had gotten hammered and Brandi thought it would be "fun" to marry Darin and then hang out with strippers. A day later, Brandi and Darin were both claiming that the "weddding" wasn't really official and that it was just a ceremony with no paperwork. Okay… sure. But some of us still have questions. Questions like, "What was the purpose of this nonsense?" And "Drunken publicity stunt much?" And now there are new questions. Like, "Was Brandi screwing her best friend's ex-husband?"

Brandi Glanville got married over the weekend in a spur-of-the-moment Vegas ceremony and RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned her new husband’s ex-wife is fuming over the stunt!

“She was my best friend until she started an affair w my ex hus Darin behind my back!!!!” Darin Harvey’s ex-wife, Michelle Harvey posted on her Twitter account Tuesday afternoon.

“All our sons are paying the price… BG marriage to Darin Harvey wasn’t funny to our son tanner!!!! She was my BFF until she stated [sic] affair w my ex husband!!!”

Although Brandi’s marriage to Darin isn’t legal because no paperwork was filed, Michelle doesn’t find it funny and is unleashing on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star.

“I was BG BFF for 12 yrs b4 betrayed by her n my ex Darin!” Michelle tweeted.
“Brandi doesn’t care about me or my son… But Darin should!!!!”

Michelle also goes on to allege that Brandi and Darin participated in the drunk wedding ceremony just for publicity.

“Darin told me they did it for the publicity!!! Pathetic fame wh*res. All 3 kids are devastated,” she wrote.

“They are both back peddling…Darin admitted to me it was her idea for publicity.”

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Brandi and Darin tied the knot at the Spearmint Rhino strip club on New Year’s night.

[From Radar]

OK, Michelle is mad because she was friends with Brandi and then Brandi slept with her EX-husband? Correct? Michelle isn't claiming that Brandi homewrecked her marriage or anything, just that Brandi was boning Darin when he was officially single. I mean, sure, there are rules about boning your friend's ex. But I don't see the big deal in general.

Anyway, Brandi is denying the part about the "affair". She tweeted, "I didn’t legally get married and I won’t ever again in my life. Our wedding was our first kiss! We are just friends.” Regarding the criticism she received, Brandi tweeted, “Marriage mocks itself. I believe anyone and everyone should be able to get married! Why not me? In my head I was just having fun with my best friend who I adore and has been there for me during all my tough times. I didn’t mean to offend anyone! I believe everyone should be able to get married and maybe even embarrass themselves in Vegas.”

I was looking through Brandi's most recent tweets, and she seems to be on the defensive a bit more. She says that she's "never hooked up with D" and that Michelle "is not my friend & hasn't been in over a year. Very sad woman." Blah. Whatever.

Photos courtesy of Brandi's Twitter & WENN.
wenn3470490 brandi2 brandi1

Reese Witherspoon attempts a “beachy sexpot ditz” image change: who is she kidding?

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 08:48 AM PST

Reese Witherspoon covers the February issue of Elle Magazine, probably to promote that horrible-looking This Means War, in which Chris Pine and Tom Hardy play super-spies vying for Reese's affection. I mean… really? Reese has a lot riding on this, I guess. She wants to be the queen of romantic-comedies. She wants to be America's Favorite Sweetheart. She also wants to be seen as super-sexy, I think. Thus, the photo shoot doesn't make her look like an ice-princess, which is how she's usually styled. Nor is she "vamped" up, like she was in some photo shoots last year. This Reese is beachy and fun and casual-sexy. The whole shoot is very Jennifer Aniston-esque. I wonder if this about-face will work? Reese is selling her sex appeal hard in her interview too:

Reese on how she met her current husband, Jim Toth: It was when his boozy friend began hitting on her. "This really drunk guy was hitting on me, making such an idiot of himself, yelling at me. He was like [slurring, scowling, pointing finger in her face], 'You don't know me.' And I was like, 'Yeah, I know. I don't know you!' Jim came over and said, 'Please excuse my friend. He's just broken up with someone.' And I remember thinking, his friend is such an ass, what a jerk. And that Jim was a really good friend, pulling him out of that situation."

On her divorce from Ryan Phillippe: "It was awful. It was like I was having a delayed response to my divorce. All my adrenaline shock had held me over for nine or ten months, and then I collapsed under the weight of grieving. I have to be honest with you, I'm a totally different person now . . . I don't think I realized how little I was living. I was so consumed with trying to hold it together."

On her sexuality: "I do have to say, I like my body so much better after I had kids. Is that a crazy thing to say? I'm more womanly. I feel sexier. I'm more comfortable with my sexuality as I get older. When I was younger, I didn't know why men were starting to look at me. Now I know why men are looking — and I'm cool with it."

On This Means War: "I'm not saying it's serious or important. It's like Mr. and Mrs. Smith with dating."

On making between $15-20 million per film: "I'm very lucky. Every time they call and talk to me about money, I get embarrassed about it. A couple of women finally made me feel better: 'To get what you're making, do you know how much money people are making off you?' I'm like, 'Oh, oh, okay.' And I can give it away and support other people and give more people jobs in films that I believe in."

A moment with Chelsea Handler: Because "[Reese] is one of the few people in this town who can actually get a movie made," notes Handler, a close friend, who met the actress at Jennifer Aniston's fortieth birthday party. Witherspoon, a producer on This Means War, formed Type A Films in 200 and has nine films in development, two of which are Southern movies written by Southern writers. "I'm having this Odysseus moment, where I want to return home. I want to touch the South more."

Her girl friends: "All my best friends are moms. They understand if you say, 'I have to go!' You have to go because somebody's probably eating glass or drinking something under the sink, right?"

[From Page Six, Elle print edition]

You know what ended up bothering me? It wasn't all of the "sexy" stuff, which YES, totally feels forced and unnatural when it's about Reese. Like, Reese is pretty. Reese is cute. Reese is a good girl. Reese is talented. But I'll never buy that she's some sexpot, or a vamp, or some easy-breezy, sexy beach girl. She's an anal-retentive hardass. Own it, Reese. Anyway, what really bothered me was the fake "OMG, I don't understand how much MONEY I make" part, especially when it was paired with the conversation about her production company. Reese understands money. She likes making an eight-figure paycheck, and she will fight tooth and nail to stay in the highest-earning bracket in Hollywood. By all accounts, she's an efficient and organized producer. So why the fake humility about money? Is it because "sexy" girls aren't supposed to care about how much money they make? Bulls–t.

Elle Magazine photos courtesy of The Fashion Spot.
reese1 reese2 reese3 reese4

Nick Cannon hospitalized for “mild” kidney failure, Mariah makes it all about her

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 08:47 AM PST

Nick Cannon is in the hospital! Mariah Carey is making it all about her! Of course. Anyway, Nick is apparently in an Aspen hospital with "mild" kidney failure, a diagnostic term I am unfamiliar with. Isn't it just kidney failure or NOT kidney failure? Is there a "mild" form of it? Mariah tweeted the above photo of Nick in his hospital bed. Of course Mariah is draped on him. Because when your kidneys are failing, you really want you wife to make it all about HER. I mean, I love Mariah and everything, but please, Mimi, let Nick have it. Let him have a day where it's all about him. Here's what Mariah had to say:

This is us in the hospital – role reversal; Last year it was me attached to the machines (after having dembabies) and Nick was there with me through it, and now here we are.

We’re trying to be as festive as possible under the circumstances but please keep Nick in your thoughts because this is very painful. They tried to kick me out of the hospital but here I am pon de bed with Mr. C.

We’re doing OK but we’re “straaaaaanded in Aspen”. #DramaticDivaPlace (I know, we could be in a lot worse places) but the truth is as long as we’re together, we’re OK. I’m not trying to make light out of the situation because it’s a serious moment that’s very tough on all of us so please keep us and our family in your prayers. LYM.

[From Mariah's website]

I don't get the whole "stranded in Aspen" thing. It's not really "stranded" if Mariah is simply staying with her husband who apparently needed emergency medical care, right? Aspen does have qualified doctors and surgeons, yes? Whatever. Prayers for Nick. He's going to need them. Kidney failure is no joke, however "mild."

Header photo courtesy of Mariah's Twitter. Additional pics by Fame.
mimi2 FP_8341728_Carey_Mariah_FP2_33_39 FP_8340948_Carey_Mariah_FP2_10_39 FP_8341727_Carey_Mariah_FP2_32_39 FP_8341730_Carey_Mariah_FP2_34_39 mimi1

Michael Fassbender on sex: “I’m aware of my weaknesses & the beast within”

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 08:35 AM PST

OMG. *dies*

*slowly picks self off of floor, only to look at Fassy once again and whimper plaintively*

So, My Beloved Michael Fassbender covers the February issue of GQ UK, likely to promote the UK release of Shame, as well as… Haywire, I suppose. It comes out this month in America, no idea when it comes out in the UK. Look, I'm already primed to whimper whenever I see a photo of Fassy. It's Pavlovian. I see Fassy-ginge, no matter how rough, and I'm already crossing my legs and cooing. But the early excerpts from Fassy's GQ interview are… MAGICAL. He uses words like "buffet" and "beast" and "control" and "seduced". I swear, if he used the word "thrust" I would be buying a one-way ticket to Fassyland right now, and I wouldn't even care if I was arrested, pantsless and screaming, when I arrived. Here are some highlights. Just go ahead and take off your panties. I won't tell anyone.

Fassy on sleeping around, and being "used" for his celebrity lifestyle: "Sleeping around? I don't think it's a cliché. You're traveling around a lot and perhaps lonely and you want some kind of connection again. You're in a position where people treat you differently. Maybe a lot of people are in denial and think that it's down to their looks and their charm that a lot of women proposition them, but the fact of that matter is they are living with what appears to be an attractive lifestyle. Your opportunities are multiplied again, so there's more of a buffet of choice." [Editor's Note: OMG!!!!!!!]

He's not immune to beautiful (easy) women: "I think you just have to keep an eye on things. I'm not immune to anything, but I'm aware of my weaknesses and THE BEAST WITHIN [Editor's note: emphasis mine]. Like anything, if you feed it enough times, it starts to take control. That thing of being seduced, and you've just got to be careful. But that's no guarantee that I'm not going to go crazy and destroy the sweetshop."

Losing all that weight for Hunger killed his sex drive: Michael famously lost weight for his role in the 2008 movie Hunger. At the time, the actor revealed that the drastic diet killed his sex drive. Now he says embarking on the weight loss regime also made his life a lot easier at times. "You realise how much of a distraction it is. Especially on a hot summer's day. Girls are wearing less," he added. "I mean, yes, I have a wandering eye. But when I focused [on losing weight], it released me from that."

[Via Film News]

I can't. Even. Start.

"I'm aware of my weaknesses and THE BEAST WITHIN." OMG. It's like he's the Mr. Hyde of boning. Srsly.

And then with the "buffet of choice" stuff – we get it Fassy, YOU LOVE GOING DOWNTOWN. Jesus.

And then, this beautiful statement: "That thing of being seduced, and you've just got to be careful. But that's no guarantee that I'm not going to go crazy and destroy the sweetshop." Oh. MY. F–king God. This man could WRECK my sweetshop. I need no guarantees that he won't. I just need the Fassy BEAST, treating me like a buffet, and going balls-out cray-cray on mah sweetshop.

Photos courtesy of GQ UK, and GQ US. Additional pics by WENN.
fassy1 fassy3 fassy2 wenn3494289 wenn3574097

Demi Moore worries that “I’m really not lovable, I’m not worthy of being loved”

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 08:28 AM PST

Demi Moore covers the February issue of Harper’s Bazaar with a covershoot that is obviously photoshopped to the max. No news there, but the accompanying interview is slightly more interesting, since Demi is promoting her new producing gig with “The Conversation,” a show that will premiere on Lifetime. The interview is really more of a conversation between Demi and her producing partner, Amanda de Cadenet, who reveal that their show will “featur[e] strikingly frank discussions with A-listers,” i.e. prominent women that will discuss “the universal themes in women’s lives” such relationships, body image, sex, career. It’s a great concept, but the guests are guaranteed to be sanctimonious as hell.

Sure enough, Demi and Amanda have revealed that Gwyneth Paltrow — in all her infinite wisdom — has been interviewed for the show. Of course, there are other “strong” women like Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, and Jane Fonda who will appear as well, but Demi and Amanda have singled out Goop as being able to spout the best “listen to your inner guide” sort of mantra. Spare me. With Goop, the inner guide pretty much says, “Marry a super rich guy, exercise two hours per day, and cleanse the colon regularly.” Oh, and “Discuss one’s exquisite friendships with the Dalai Lama and Beyonce at every given opportunity.” Inner guide, my ass.

Anyway, Demi herself comes across pretty well (despite the title of this post) during this particular conversation, which was conducted “post-Thanksgiving” and, therefore, in the wake of Demi filing for divorce from her douche husband. Mercifully, Ashton is mentioned nowhere during this discussion. Instead, this interview is something of a graceful dance between two girlfriends, which is kind of where I like to think of Demi these days; that is, not doing a sexy dance for men or pretending to be Gloria Steinem. Instead, she’s merely hanging with a girlfriend, and they’re supporting each other. Here are a few excerpts:

On Body Image: “I have had a love-hate relationship with my body. When I’m at the greatest odds with my body, it’s usually because I feel my body’s betraying me, whether that’s been in the past, struggling with my weight and feeling that I couldn’t eat what I wanted to eat, or that I couldn’t get my body to do what I wanted it to do. I think I sit today in a place of greater acceptance of my body, and that includes not just my weight but all of the things that come with your changing body as you age to now experiencing my body as extremely thin – thin in a way that I never imagined somebody would be saying to me, ‘You’re too thin, and you don’t look good.’”

On Abandonment & The Unknown: “I used to think that what scared me was the idea of being abandoned until someone said to me, ‘Only children can be abandoned. Adults can’t be abandoned because we have a choice. Children don’t have a choice.’ So I started to rethink. ‘Okay, it’s not that. What’s the underlying thread that really scares me?’ I think what scares me is not having the courage to reach my full potential . . . which means that I would allow fear, insecurity, and doubt to rule me and that I would ask for only a little of what is actually there for me. It would mean that I would be settling.

“And so for me, it’s not just about reaching my potential in terms of my career. It goes more to the idea of being whole, of loving oneself. And I think there is no way to reach your fullest potential if you don’t really find the love of yourself. If I were to answer it just kind of bold-faced, I would say what scares me is that I’m going to ultimately find out at the end of my life that I’m really not lovable, that I’m not worthy of being loved. That there’s something fundamentally wrong with me.

“And that I wasn’t wanted here in the first place, so the fight against gravity for me is to find that love for myself that gives me the courage to reach my fullest potential, to actually receive this abundance that’s really there. I also think that what scares you goes back to being a kid; what really scares you is not knowing. What scares me the most is not knowing and accepting that just about everything is not in my control. That makes me feel unsafe.”

On Comfort: “I think being comfortable is perhaps overrated. I think a better word than comfortable is accepting. Accepting weaknesses and strengths and being more able to celebrate all of it as a whole package. Well, it indicates an illusion as opposed to the reality, which is that we don’t live in black and white – we live in the gray – and that, as you’re saying, stepping out of the familiar, the known, the comfortable, allows us to become more whole and complete. So to answer the question ‘Have I become more comfortable with myself as a woman?’ I would say that I have in the sense of valuing myself, certainly more than I did when I was a teenager.”

On Her Idea Of Freedom: “Letting go of the outcome. Truly being in the moment. Not reflecting on the past. Not projecting into the future. That’s freedom. Not caring more about what other people think than what you think. That’s freedom. To not be defined by your wounds. Somebody wrote something to me that said, ‘Don’t let your wounds make you become someone you’re not.’ That’s really powerful.”

[From Harper's Bazaar]

I’m relieved that Demi seems to acknowledge that she’s grown far too thin during the past year or so because she really looks incredibly frail these days. Her other statements ring very true as well, and I understand that baring her soul during the course of this conversation was both (1) Very planned; (2) In the interest of promoting her Lifetime show. Yet Demi still comes off remarkably lucid, particularly in light of her recent painful split.

Oddly enough, Demi also confesses to her guilty pleasure, which is watching “Jersey Shore.” I do hope she’s not scoping out DJ Pauly D as her next sexual conquest. Don’t go there, Demi! Sadly though, all of the guys on that show combined are less revolting than her soon-to-be ex-husband. And that’s saying something.

Photos courtesy of Harper’s Bazaar

demibazaar1 demibazaar4 demibazaar5 demibazaar2 demibazaar6

Sinead O’Connor is having sex with her estranged husband, tweeting details

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 07:23 AM PST


This is why celebrities should be advised by everyone close to them to avoid using social media on their own, especially people like Sinead O’Connor who suffer from manic episodes and refuse to take their meds. Sinead, 45, posted a long blog entry late last month announcing the end of her 16 day marriage to 38 year-old addiction counselor Barry Herridge. She blamed their split on people in her new husband’s life who were trying to keep them apart. Later, to British rag The Sun, Sinead admitted that things started to go south when she went searching for pot on her wedding night and ended up with some crack cocaine in hand, while drugs counselor Barry cowered in the car.

Well those crazy kids Sinead and Barry are trying to make it work, at least for now, and Sinead is tweeting about the fact that they’re having sex. At least she’s not getting into too many details, as she’s been known to do in the past. Here are some of her tweets and HuffPo has a more coherent explanation if you’d rather read that.

Sinead, step away from the computer/iPad. I don’t care who you fight with or f#*k, and in general that’s mildly interesting, but I don’t want to hear the play by play.

sineadtweets JUST MARRIED! Singer Sinead O'Connor marries Barry Herridge, 38, at the Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas JUST MARRIED! Singer Sinead O'Connor marries Barry Herridge, 38, at the Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas JUST MARRIED! Singer Sinead O'Connor marries Barry Herridge, 38, at the Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas JUST MARRIED! Singer Sinead O'Connor marries Barry Herridge, 38, at the Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas

Us Weekly: Jessica Biel & Justin Timberlake are engaged, officially

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 07:01 AM PST

Well, it happened. There were reports just before Christmas that Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake might have gotten engaged while they were spending their holiday together in Wyoming. There were rumors on Twitter, and all of that good stuff. Now Us Weekly confirms that Biel and Timberlake are definitely official. Sidenote: I wonder what kind of deal Biel's publicist has with Us Weekly?

After a series of breakups and makeups, Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have finally decided to get married!

Several insiders tell the new issue of Us Weekly (on stands Friday) that the couple of four and a half years became engaged in late December.

Timberlake, a six-time Grammy winner, popped the question to Biel, 29, in the mountains of Jackson, Wyoming.

“Justin knows how much she loves snowboarding and the mountains, so it was the perfect place,” one insider explains.

After a brief three-month split in 2011, Biel made it clear that she wanted to spend her life with Timberlake, 30. “When they reunited, they had a conversation about taking the next step.”

Another Timberlake insider adds that he’s “never been happier” with the New Year’s Eve actress. “He knew it was the right time to propose.”

[From Us Weekly]

I don't even know. I mean, congratulations to the happy couple. I would really, really love to know what the proposal was like. Did Biel demand a certain kind of proposal? Or did it just come out of a "Where are we now, what is the next step in our relationship" conversation? Did Justin have a ring ready? I'd also like to know how all of this works – Justin has cheated on Jessica before, and their relationship has always been on-again, off-again. Are they both settling? Why do they feel the need to make this disaster official? I still don't understand. Meh.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5472625 wenn2830356 wenn5767029

Rachel McAdams: It’s “great” that Ryan Gosling is a “feminist icon”

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 04:40 AM PST

Rachel McAdams covers the February issue of Glamour Magazine. I can't really say that I'm a huge fan of the cover shoot. It's trying too hard to be "cheeky" and "cute-sexy" I think. Rachel has a natural "cuteness" and a girl-next-door sex appeal, so I don't know why they had to take her pants off and get her to flash some ass cheek. It's unseemly! Tut tut. Anyway, Rachel is promoting that sappy-looking The Vow, where she and Channing Tatum are love interests, sort of. Some may think that playing Channing Tatum's love interest in a sappy girl movie is a career downturn for Rachel. They may be right, but I not on the Channing-bashing bandwagon. He's a nice, funny, down-to-earth guy who never bad-mouths his early career choices, even when those career choices were "being a stripper in Tampa." Plus, "Southern accent" doesn't equal "moron". Rachel could certainly do worse for a romantic costar. Anyway, you can read her full Glamour Q&A here, and here are some highlights:

Dyeing her hair pink: "I always wanted pink hair. I wanted to do my whole head, but my hairstylist, Robert, was like, “How about we start small?” I absolutely loved it. I still think about doing blue at some point, but I don’t like to change my hair before I’m about to do [a film]—you never know what that character’s going to be."

Creating a character with clothes: "Yeah, I love those preliminary conversations about who a character is. You try on wigs, shoes and clothes. It’s preferable when it’s not about looking pretty. It can get a little dull to just be cute. We talk about things like, maybe my character can’t afford these Christian Louboutins. [The stylist] will say, “No one will notice.” And I’m like, “Everyone knows that red-bottom shoe!”

She's silly: "I’m very silly as a person, but quality silliness on-screen has more of an art to it. Harrison Ford, whom I was in Morning Glory with, has mastered that dry funny better than anyone.

Mentors: "Diane Keaton, whom I’ve done two movies with. She’s a very caring and loving person. I love to listen to her stories."

She worked at McDonald's for three years: "Yeah, for a good three years. My sister and brother worked there. My sister was my manager! I was 16 and directing kids’ theater, which didn’t totally pay the bills. It was a great place to work, but I had a little bit of an OCD thing with hand washing and just didn’t have time. They were like, “Hey, the drive-through’s backing up. Stop washing your hands!” I was not a great employee; I broke the orange juice machine one day."

Life outside of Hollywood: "[Paparazzi invasions do] happen, especially around the time a movie’s coming out. But I really like having a life outside work. I sometimes wish I did more career stuff and was in that Hollywood scene a bit more. But Toronto’s my home."

Dating costars: "A set may seem like a good place for romance, but I don’t think it’s very conducive; it’s too distracting. Every relationship I’ve had with a coworker has come after the fact, because you wind up actually spending a lot of time with those people promoting the movie."

On The Notebook: "Well, I bawled my eyes out when I got the script. It was a great story and had so much heart. But it was one of the first big things I had done, and I was just focused on getting through it. It was like, great, a job, I’ll take it."

On Channing Tatum: "I was worried we might not [have great chemistry], because we were more like brother and sister, like buds. Channing is very outgoing, very kind and a lot of fun to work with."

Her favorite costars: "It’s an embarrassment of riches. I love Owen [Wilson] in Midnight in Paris. He’s so endearing, and it was a completely different kind of relationship from the one we had in Wedding Crashers."

Crushes on actors: "I loved soap operas when I was young, so Antonio Sabato Jr. and Maurice Benard from General Hospital. And who could forget Josh Brolin in The Goonies?"

GLAMOUR: I’ve heard you don’t read your press. Do you read about other people?
RACHEL MCADAMS: Not really, no.
GLAMOUR: So you’re not aware that Ryan Gosling has become a huge feminist icon?
RACHEL MCADAMS: Feminist icon? Wow! Is that real?
GLAMOUR: There are blogs upon blogs!
RACHEL MCADAMS: Oh my God, that’s great.

[Via Glamour]

I would love to know if Rachel and Ryan Gosling still talk. I would love to know what she really thinks about his Disneyland hookups and his "thing" with Eva Mendes. But hopefully, he's not even on her radar anymore. I believe that she and Michael Sheen are happy together. And I really do think that there's a good chance they'll get married. I know some of you are Sheen-haters, but that man is delicious. I would take him over Gosling any day of the week.

Here’s the trailer for The Vow:

PS… I'd really love for Rachel to give up the blonde. I don't think it does her any favors. She should do a really soft auburn.

Glamour shots courtesy of The Mail.
RM1 RM2 RM3 RM4 RM5

Daniel Craig on his love life: “It’s been a very complicated couple of years”

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 04:34 AM PST

You know what would have really made all of the red carpets for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo more exciting? If Daniel Craig had walked them all hand-in-hand with his new wife, Rachel Weisz. Before you yell and say that Daniel is not Brad Pitt and he doesn't need to "sell" his relationship alongside the "sale" of his film, whatever. Daniel used to walk all of his red carpets with Satsuki Mitchell. Of course, Satsuki allegedly went all Blu Cantrell when Daniel dumped her for Rachel, so maybe Daniel is letting his marriage simmer for a while before he and Rachel bring the burning heat to multiple red carpets.

Anyway, these are photos from Paris. Daniel and Rachel arrived together, happily smiling and holding hands upon their arrival, knowing full well that they were being photographed. So why didn't Rachel come to the Paris premiere of GWTDT? Dunno. I will say this – Daniel looks less gnomish in Paris. I find him attractive normally, but I've come to the realization that he rarely photographs that well in still photos. Oh, and remember those excerpts from Daniel's GQ UK interview where he was bitching about the Kardashians? Well, the full GQ interview was released, and he has more bitching and moaning to do. Actually, this GQ piece is very interesting – if you read the whole thing, Daniel does sound grumpy and surly, of course, but there's another layer too – he's a neurotic bastard. He's intensely self-aware and you get a sense of a man who is overly concerned with how he's perceived. You can read the whole GQ piece here, and here are some more highlights:

The best advice he ever got: "I got a piece of advice a long time ago. Declan Donnellan [legendary British theatre director, co-founder of Cheek By Jowl] gave me and a roomful of other acting students this piece of advice. He said, ‘You can’t get bitter. You can’t get bitter about what might have been.’ Well I know it’s easy for me to say. But hand on heart, going into my third year of drama school, and the s*** was hitting the fan and people were trying to get agents and competing really nastily with each other, well not nastily, but desperately, I was [he shrugs his shoulders] not bothered. And every time I’ve failed to replicate that,” he continues, “then s*** has started to go wrong. I never want to know who went up for the part. I never want to know who my agent’s other clients are. I never want to know what they’re doing, how they’re doing. I do not give a s***. As soon as you start doing that, you start questioning your own existence, questioning why you don’t have this and that, and it destroys you. The grass is always greener. There’s always going to be someone with a bigger toy than yours.”

He knows he's awful on talk shows: "It’s a thankless task being a talk-show host,” he reasons, almost sympathetically. “Especially if you have to do a show every day. I look at these guys over here – Letterman, Leno. Whatever you think of them – and they’re not shows I tune into – but you look at them and you think, you earn your money. It’s a lot of money, but you earn it. Sometimes they get guests like me. [Adopts upbeat voice] ‘So, how are you?’ [Switches to surly teenager] ‘All right.’ Actually I did it recently for Cowboys & Aliens, and I kind of relaxed about it a bit more. Say less, laugh more. Laugh at every joke. I was a bit more chilled about it. I don’t care.”

He doesn't want to try to revamp his grumpy persona: "But the only way to get round that would be to go out and do a huge PR thing. No, no, look at me. I’m really funny. And that would be terrible. Whatever happens has to happen nat­urally and I’m not going to go out there and compensate for something because there’s an opinion about me. There’s no point. It’s just not the way I’m constructed. I think it would show me up in a worse light. ‘Oh look, he’s trying to make us like him now. What a c***!'"

He got new tattoos when he married Rachel: He sports a pair of tattoos, now, on his inner biceps that may or may not have some connection with his new wife. On his right arm are words, on the left a symbol. “They are,” he points out, somewhat superfluously, “mine. They’re two very personal tattoos.” They look new. “Yes, they are. They’re just part of a stage I’m in,” he laughs. “You should see the rest of my body. Then you’d be intrigued. Oh boy. It’s been a very complicated couple of years.” He’s joking, but he won’t elaborate.

He's not going to share his marriage: “No. Honestly, no. Absolutely, honestly no. That of all things. We got away with it. We did it privately. And I’ve got a lot of people to thank for that. But that was the point. We did it for private reasons. Because we didn’t want it f***ed up, because that would be sharing a secret. And the whole point is that it was a secret. A secret is a secret in my mind. Ultimately, if I start making comments of any sort…” he hesitates. “Look. I’m in love. I’m very happy. And that is as far as I’m prepared to go. Life is long, life goes wrong and I don’t want to say something now that might be thrown back later. Look at the s*** that’s been written already. The racist s***. It’s out there and you know what? F*** ‘em. Not the nice people. The nice people don’t write on the internet. But if that’s the audience that I have to pander to, if that’s what I have to do to make people feel happier about me, then no, f*** ‘em. Because my happiness, I’m sorry, is more important to me. Ultimately, people are saying, ‘Give it six months.’ Well guess what? I’m not responding. Life is long and I am hopefully in this for the long run.”

[From GQ UK]

I don't understand the "racist" remark, unless he's referring to some insults that might have been slung at Satsuki? Because she's Japanese or mixed-Japanese, right? Because what "racist" comment could be made about Daniel or Rachel? Anyway… Daniel Craig, a neurotic legend in his own mind. I just wish… I don't know, I wish he wouldn't take everything so f–king seriously. Not everything is, like, a war crime. Sometimes people just like to gossip. Sometimes people just like to imagine two hot celebrities doing it. Sometimes people just appreciate when someone just owns their status as a movie star without having to listen to that movie star's grumpy, surly, neurotic soliloquies.

Photos courtesy of Fame.
FP_8353768_CHP_CraigWeisz_Paris_04_19 DC2 DC1 FP_8353932_VisualFF_Premiere_DragonTattoo_01_15 FP_8353933_VisualFF_Premiere_DragonTattoo_02_15 FP_8353771_CHP_CraigWeisz_Paris_07_19

Jean Dujardin at the Berlin premiere of ‘The Artist’: would you hit it?

Posted: 04 Jan 2012 04:29 AM PST

I'm about to say something that once said, you will never be able to unsee. It's something that has been bugging me for months, ever since Jean Dujardin started getting crazy-awesome reviews for The Artist, and since Jean has been considered a shoo-in for a Best Actor Oscar nomination. Here is what cannot be unseen: Jean Dujardin has the same face as Chris Evans. He and Chris Evans could be brothers. Seriously. Think about it.

Anyway, these are photos of Jean Dujardin (and Archie the Dog) from the Berlin premiere of The Artist. I'm sort of doing this post to gauge the interest in Jean and this film, which I haven't seen yet, but I intend to. It's a silent film, set during the era of silent films, and as I said, Jean Dujardin is pretty much guaranteed a Best Actor Oscar nomination, which will be his first. Jean is French, obviously. He's 39 years old and a married father of two. He's famous in France, but The Artist is his big breakthrough in Hollywood, and he's going to be all over the place this awards season.

So, are you interested in him? Do you want to know more about him? Would you like it if we continued to cover Jean and The Artist? And, most importantly, would you hit it? I would hit it (in theory). But then again, I'm a (theoretical) slut. I do like his face, though. I find Chris Evans attractive too, which helps. I like how animated Jean is, and he seems very open and accessible. Plus, when he wears a suit, he's got that old-school Hollywood glamour. Very nice.

Here's the trailer for The Artist:

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn9808555 wenn9808368 wenn9808548 wenn9808654 wenn9808668 wenn9808679

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/01/celebitchy_4.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...