Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Jennifer Aniston is in talks to play a hooker pretending to be a wife. For real.

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 08:55 AM PDT

One of the biggest criticisms launched at Jennifer Aniston is that she almost always plays the same character, or the same kind of "Rachel Green/good girl" in strikingly similar romantic comedies. In most of her films, she always has a California tan, her hair is (almost always) perfectly highlighted, her costumes are always cute and there are always scarves and sleeveless pieces to show off her toned arms. Many of her roles blend together. But perhaps that's the point? Aniston has her brand – a brand which involves looking cute and playing cute. Would it be nice to see her play a different kind of character? Sure. But I also wonder if she's capable of it as an actress. So what do you make of this news – Aniston is in talks to play "the wife" in a comedy with Jason Sudeikis. But not just "the wife" – Aniston would be playing a hooker-slash-fake-wife. Epic?

Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis are in talks with New Line to reunite for the studio’s long-gestating comedy We’re the Millers. Rawson Marshall Thurber is attached to direct.

The dysfunctional family road-trip movie originated with Wedding Crashers writers Steve Faber and Bob Fisher but has since seen a rotating mix of writers, directors and actors attached since it was first picked up in 2002. Millers centers on a drug dealer who creates a fake family to help him pull off one last job that entails bringing 1,400 pounds of marijuana from Mexico into the U.S.

Aniston has had an offer in hand for a few weeks, but negotiations have yet to produce a commitment. The greenlight likely is dependent on her deal closing.

Aniston most recently starred in the Universal comedy Wanderlust and the New Line comedy Horrible Bosses, which also featured Sudeikis. The actors, both repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment, also appeared together in The Bounty Hunter for Sony.

Sudeikis also co-starred in the New Line comedies Hall Pass and Going the Distance. He stars opposite Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis in The Campaign, which Warner Bros. will release in August.

[From The Hollywood Reporter]

So from what I gather, Aniston's character is a hooker who gets hired by Jason's drug dealer character to pretend to be his wife? Aniston was just a "pretend wife" in Just Go With It last year! So… it sounds like more of the same with that angle. That being said, I'd like to see Aniston pull off some trashy hooker stuff. Like, I'm already envisioning her costume demands. Do hookers wear scarves and wedges? That's what Aniston will be asking.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
jennifer aniston 1 jennifer aniston 2 wenn3734168 wenn3734173

Britney Spears’s father and fiancé are still treating her like property

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 08:21 AM PDT

Just before the Easter holiday, People Magazine got a scoop about Britney Spears and the current situation with her conservatorship. Many outlets had reported (months ago) that Britney's conservatorship would end this year, likely before she married Jason Trawick. But People's sources claimed that Jamie Spears was going to add Jason as "co-conservator" to Britney as sort of a pre-wedding gift. I found that to be a really gross idea. It makes it seem like Jason (Britney's fiancé) and Jamie Spears are treating Britney as property, making decisions on her behalf. Either Britney is qualified to make her own choice to get married OR she still needs a conservatorship and she shouldn't be legally allowed to enter into binding legal arrangements. There is no in-between. Radar now has more details on the situation:

Britney Spears has no immediate plans to marry her fiancé, Jason Trawick, even though he is expected to be appointed as her co-conservator later this month, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting. The 30-year-old Toxic singer has been under conservatorship for four years because of her public meltdown and hospitalization in 2008, and her father Jamie Spears won the legal right to control the Estate of Britney Spears.

Jamie has been making all decisions regarding his daughter's financial and business affairs with co-conservator, her lawyer Andrew Wallet. The men are also conservators over Britney, the person, meaning they have the final say on everything from where she lives to her medical care. It’s in that capacity that Jason will have a role.

Jason will be in court on Wednesday, April 25 to formally ask Judge Reva Goetz to appoint him as a co-conservator of Spears.

“This is the natural step because Britney’s dad, Jamie, hasn’t lived with Britney in almost two years. Britney has been living with Jason and her two sons in a rental house for almost a year-and-a-half,” a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

“Britney’s medical doctors think it’s a good idea to see how Jason will do as her co-conservator as he is planning on marrying Britney. The two will probably get married later this year, and not anytime sooner.”

The pop music queen has told her psychiatrist and her court appointed lawyer, Samuel Ingham, that she’s now ready to go it alone, but it looks like that won’t be happening anytime soon.

“Britney has said that she feels she is ready to resume control of her life. She has expressed this sentiment on multiple occasions, but her doctor believes that Britney isn’t ready for the conservatorship to be lifted. She has come a very long way in the last 18 months especially, but her team wants more time. Yes, Britney does live on her own with Jason, and her dad hasn’t lived under the same roof with her for years, but she just wants to be able to call her own shots,” an insider told Radar.

“Britney doesn’t have a problem with the conservatorship staying in place for her business. Remember, she doesn’t have any formal custodial rights as far as her children are concerned. Kevin has agreed to essentially joint custody, but in the eyes of the law she has no rights and Kevin can revoke the agreement that is in place at anytime because of the fact that Britney is still under conservatorship.”

[From Radar]

If Britney has repeatedly asked to have conservatorship withdrawn, and she wants to marry Jason, then that's what should happen, I think. And if it all goes to hell and they find out that she can't "be on her own" without a father/husband/minder, then the conservatorship should be re-invoked. I understand the business side of it – and I would agree that Britney shouldn't be in charge of her own financial decisions, and if you want to call that part of it a "conservatorship," then fine. Have at it. But when you're talking about the personal decisions that Britney needs to make on her own, as a legal adult, then there is no in-between. Either she can decide who she wants to marry and they can be legal, competent adults together, or she can still be a ward of her father/the state and not get married.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3586643 wenn3513728 wenn5722322 wenn3485337

Chris Evans: “I’ve made about 20 movies and I’m probably proud of three”

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 08:06 AM PDT

chris evans

Chris Evans covers the May issue of Prestige Hong Kong, and I have to admit to being seriously underwhelmed by the photoshoot. It’s like they purposely styled him to look like Justin Timberlake. Goodbye to that cute little butt, right? Anyway, the interview is worthy of at least a bit more interest because it’s a reflection on how much Chris’ attitude has changed since admitting to going into therapy after accepting the titular role in Captain America. Of course, he’s already played the Human Torch (a.k.a., “Johnny Firepants”) in one of the Fantastic Four movies; Captain America turned out to be a huge hit; and the upcoming Avengers movie is sure to fly high. He’s got two more Captain America movies in his future plus an upcoming role as a Mafia assassin in The Iceman. As such Chris seems to have relaxed a bit and has granted himself more leeway to discuss his work as an actor thus far.

This presents some difficulty in analyzing Chris’ words because he’s not exactly speaking kindly of his past movies. In fact, he seems downright ashamed of most of them, but he phrases things so carefully that he doesn’t fall into the Rooney Mara trap (if you’ll remember, she called her stint on “Law & Order: SVU” awful and stupid, and she claimed that she never really wanted the Nightmare on Elm Street gig). Then again, Chris didn’t really want to be Captain America either, but his attitude changed after he watched the completed movie. Not so much for most of his other roles (perhaps he’s thinking of that dreadful romcom, What’s Your Number?), which he clearly wishes he could erase from his past. Still, he explains himself well and mostly acquits himself from sounding like a douche (even if he still kind of looks like one in the photoshoot):

chris evans

On Captain America‘s success: “I’m surprised by any movie that is successful. At this point I’ve made a lot of films. I’ve made about 20 movies and I’m probably proud of three. It’s not easy making a good movie. All these people coming together. All these individual creative minds trying to cook one dish. It’s hard to make it taste right, you know. So any time you have a quality film, it's a blessing. If it was easy to do, there would be a lot more of them. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve left the [movie] theatre disappointed. So I certainly was surprised. But I wouldn’t have signed on if I didn’t have faith [in the project]. At the point of Captain America being offered to me, I had already made quite a few stinkers. I couldn’t afford to make another one, let alone another one on that scale. If you make one that big and it fails, your days are numbered.”

On how Cap’n ended up in The Avengers: “I’m not sure how much I can tell you. It's obviously modernday. He's a little bit of a fish out of water and it's tricky for him to adjust to the new world. But S.H.I.E.L.D. comes calling, basically has a mission, and has come to get him back in the world. If there's anything that Steve [Rogers] does well, it's following orders, being a soldier, doing what's right. So he's willing to take on the mission. I think that's as much as I can tell you. Marvel will shoot me otherwise.”

On being a conflicted human playing a conflicted superhero: “I think it was in terms of my initial apprehension in taking the job. It was a long process, this Captain America thing. At first they called just to have me audition, and I was so excited. They said, ‘Look, we’re having a hard time finding a guy and we want you to read.’ And I said, ‘This is great, good news.’ Then I thought about it. You process what they’re asking – a six-picture deal. I was pretty happy with where my life was and I ended up saying, ‘No, thanks’ for an audition. Which prompted them to ask why. And then it went from an audition to a test offer. And I said, ‘No, thanks’ again.”

On the stress of press: “I struggle with press, with promoting films. Interviews, press conferences and things like that just stress me out. And I figured that this stage would be 10 times more than any other film I’ve made. It felt so daunting. I was truly intimidated by it. I just thought I could be doing this part for another 10 years if the movies do well and that's a lot to commit to, and I'm really quite content where I am in my life. And I said no, one more time. And then they said, ‘All right, we’re offering it to you.’ So I had to do some thinking and I ended up going for it. I guess whatever you're most scared of is what you should tackle.”

Doing press is different now: “I started to realise, I think the main reason I struggle so much in press, is because I’m usually promoting a piece of sh-t. It’s really difficult to find a flowery way to tell people to go see this movie, that your face is all over, that your name is all over, that you’re endorsing. And then you begin to feel like a liar, like you’re transparent. You feel undeserving and it makes the interview extremely uncomfortable, for me at least. I think that’s why with Captain America, when I first saw the film, I loved it. I really, really did. I saw it and texted Joe [Johnson] and said, ‘Thank you so much for giving me something to be proud of.’ When you’re proud of it, you want to talk about it. It made doing the press a lot easier.”

[From Prestige Hong Kong]

So is it sexist that I don’t find myself offended by how Chris is dissing the “piece of sh-t” movies from his past? It’s not like he mentions any of them by name, and he certainly explains his reasoning well enough. In addition, Chris is obviously proud of the quality of Captain America and seems pleasantly surprised by the film’s monetary success as well. I think he has a bright future ahead of him and will remain humble if possibly a bit more outspoken than his shyness would formerly allow.

chris evans

chris evans

chris evans

Photos courtesy of Prestige Hong Kong

evansprestige6 evansprestige4 evansprestige3 evansprestige5 evansprestige8

Ashley Judd pens wordy essay on patriarchy & Botox, I think

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 07:47 AM PDT


I’ve written before about how Ashley Judd rubs me the wrong way. We’ve just heard too many stories about how she’s a diva and how she treats people badly. Jason Patric, who worked with her on stage in 2003, even called hera lazy and arrogant actress.” Well Ashley is back with a role on television in ABC’s “Missing.” She was looking a little puffy during her press duties last month and outlets pointed it out and wondered if she’d had too many fillers. Ashley’s rep responded with a statement that she was getting treatment for a sinus infection. That was in mid March and the press has long since moved on, so case closed. Not so fast. Ashley wants us to have a larger discussion about what this means for our society. At least, I think that’s what she means. You can read her essay here. It’s really long and I’m only excerpting part of it:

As an actor and woman who, at times, avails herself of the media, I am painfully aware of the conversation about women's bodies, and it frequently migrates to my own body. I know this, even though my personal practice is to ignore what is written about me. I do not, for example, read interviews I do with news outlets. I hold that it is none of my business what people think of me. I arrived at this belief after first, when I began working as an actor 18 years ago, reading everything. I evolved into selecting only the "good" pieces to read. Over time, I matured into the understanding that good and bad are equally fanciful interpretations. I do not want to give my power, my self-esteem, or my autonomy, to any person, place, or thing outside myself. I thus abstain from all media about myself. The only thing that matters is how I feel about myself, my personal integrity, and my relationship with my Creator. Of course, it's wonderful to be held in esteem and fond regard by family, friends, and community, but a central part of my spiritual practice is letting go of otheration. And casting one's lot with the public is dangerous and self-destructive, and I value myself too much to do that.

That women are joining in the ongoing disassembling of my appearance is salient. Patriarchy is not men. Patriarchy is a system in which both women and men participate. It privileges, inter alia, the interests of boys and men over the bodily integrity, autonomy, and dignity of girls and women. It is subtle, insidious, and never more dangerous than when women passionately deny that they themselves are engaging in it. This abnormal obsession with women's faces and bodies has become so normal that we (I include myself at times—I absolutely fall for it still) have internalized patriarchy almost seamlessly. We are unable at times to identify ourselves as our own denigrating abusers, or as abusing other girls and women.
A case in point is that this conversation was initially promulgated largely by women; a sad and disturbing fact. (That they are professional friends of mine, and know my character and values, is an additional betrayal.)

News outlets with whom I do serious work, such as publishing op-eds about preventing HIV, empowering poor youth worldwide, and conflict mineral mining in Democratic Republic of Congo, all ran this "story" without checking with my office first for verification, or offering me the dignity of the opportunity to comment. It's an indictment of them that they would even consider the content printable, and that they, too, without using time-honored journalistic standards, would perpetuate with un-edifying delight such blatantly gendered, ageist, and mean-spirited content.

[From The Daily Beast]

So she didn’t really deny getting anything done. Reading that made me confused, but I don’t see a denial in there anywhere. It’s all about how other people are at fault for pointing it out, and how the media is focusing on the wrong thing. When someone gets plastic surgery and it’s noticeable people are going to point it out. Plus there’s this thing called The Internet where a lot of people talk smack. Yes it can be annoying, but it exists and it’s human nature. It’s not some horrible conspiracy to keep people down.

I do believe her that she was taking steroids and that she gained a little weight, it’s basically what I wrote at the time. She already addressed this in a statement from her rep back when we were talking about it a month ago. What changed? Did it take her this long to whip out her thesaurus and condemn everyone? She actually talks like this, and it’s just as mind-boggling, if not more so, to her her speak. As she wrote at the beginning, she’s above all this anyway so why bother? Is it because she wants to point out how above it she is and how wrong we are? When it doesn’t personally affect her, does she even care?

In related news, Ashley’s show “Missing” is likely to be canceled.

Ashley is shown on 3-14 and 3-12-12. Credit: WENN.com

Adam Levine is “heartbroken, blindsided” after Anne V publicly dumped him

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 07:45 AM PDT

Last week, Anne V made sure that everyone knew she dumped Adam Levine. I thought Anne deserved a pat on the back for that one – she and Adam had dated for two years, and that's a long time to put up with someone so douchey. That's a long time to put up with someone whose idea of birth control is "pulling out." And I kind of loved that she (or her publicist) was so adamant about Anne doing the dumping. It made her seem like a girl with a plan. Now Us Weekly reports that Adam was totally devastated when Anne broke up with him via a press release:

Adam Levine is, well, in misery. After his Sports Illustrated swimsuit model girlfriend of two years, Anne Vyalitsyna, dumped him, she announced it to the world April 2 without giving him a heads-up.

“It was a cheap shot,” a pal tells the new issue of Us Weekly (out now). “Anne didn’t want it to look like he broke up with her.”

The Maroon 5 frontman and Voice mentor, 33 — who was home in L.A. when Vyalitsyna broke up with him from NYC — “was blindsided,” says a Levine pal. “Adam’s heartbroken. He wasn’t even fully sure they were really broken up.”

The insider adds that as recently as late March, "he thought they were together!"

Though Levine didn’t predict a split, friends of the couple saw it coming. “Anne said he didn’t pay her enough attention,” a friend of the model, 26, tells Us.

Another gripe: Levine wasn’t planning to propose anytime soon. “As a woman, you get to a point where you want to get married,” an insider explains. “Adam wasn’t ready to take that step.”

Vyalitsyna, it seems, is now on the hunt for someone who will. Says a source of the model – seen partying at NYC's Darby on April 1st – "she's telling people she wants to meet guys!"

[From Us Weekly, print and online editions]

Though I hate to admit it, Adam will probably have no trouble drowning his sorrows in an endless amount of model ass. He has a type (models), and for whatever reason, those are the girls who flock to him. Of course, he could go in another direction and end up with Jennifer Love Hewitt, who has publicly discussed her crush on him. But seriously – what dude goes from a Victoria's Secret model to J. Love? Poor J. Love. As for Anne V and any potential men she could end up with… well, she's Leonardo DiCaprio's type. Has Leo ever dated a Russian? Ooooh, now I'm obsessed with the idea of them together. That should totally happen.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3672898 wenn3801216 wenn3602942 wenn3726081

Anthony Bourdain says Paula Deen is “unconscionable, cynical & greedy”

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 07:19 AM PDT

Back in January, Paula Deen announced that she had been diagnosed with diabetes… three years beforehand. Paula wrapped her announcement in an advertisement for a new diabetes medication that she was now being paid to shill. It was all pretty rough, and I think the whole situation made Paula lose many, many fans (including me). That being said, I really felt like the outrage directed at Paula was often misdirected and overblown. She never promoted healthy eating – she never claimed to, either. She didn't force sticks of butter down your throat.

One of Paula's biggest critics was Anthony Bourdain, who I have always considered a massive tool and one of the nastiest bastards out there. Bourdain is incapable of simply doing his job and promoting his work without disparaging, criticizing and mocking half of the popular chefs in America. Last month, Anthony gave an interview about Paula that I found particularly patronizing and concern-trolly – you can read it here. Anyway, Bourdain was on GMA yesterday, and once again, he criticized Deen:

The feud between food stars Paula Deen and Anthony Bourdain rages on. Bourdain, 56, had no reservations speaking out against Paula Deen, 64, on Good Morning America Monday morning.

The Food Network and Travel Channel stars have been engaged in a war of words since Deen went public with her type 2 diabetes diagnoses on Jan. 17 after keeping it a secret three years. Bourdain took issue with Deen for for her lucrative endorsement deal Novo Nordisk, which treats the disease.

“Thinking of getting into the leg-breaking business, so I can profitably sell crutches later,” Anthony previously commented on Twitter.

Deen spoke out against Bourdain’s remarks calling them “very, very cruel” in Prevention magazine. Bourdain addressed the most recent “cruel” comments made by Deen on GMA saying, “This isn’t about diabetes. Diabetes is a terrible illness that is epidemic in this country,” Bourdain explained on GMA.

Bourdain admitted “there’s a lot to admire about Paula Deen and her life.” However, he called her “cynical” for having her brand be “excess without guilt” when she knew “in a very personal way what this could and might very well lead to.”

“And then turn around and roll out a five hundred dollar-a-month diabetes treatment — I find that in excruciatingly bad taste,” he added. “It’s unconscionable, cynical and greedy. Thirty million dollars a year. How much money do you need?”

Season eight of Bourdain’s No Reservations premieres Monday night on Travel Channel at 9 p.m. ET.

[From Us Weekly]

I disagree with Anthony's premise – was Paula's brand about "excess without guilt"? Really? Or was it just "If you choose to have excess, here's all of the butter-soaked meals you could have!"? I also disagree with the premise/idea that Paula had a larger, public responsibility to become a diabetes advocate – she wasn't running for public office, you know. She's not the surgeon general. She's a Southern cook, and people make the choice whether or not to cook her food. I think of Paula as a purveyor of aspirational eating, as in that's what people would love to eat if they didn't know or care about how bad it was for their health. And what's the difference between Paula's "irresponsibility" for pushing aspirational eating and, say, Anna Wintour's "irresponsibility" for pushing aspirational fashion in this recession? Try personal responsibility. Stop looking for excuses to verbally abuse an elderly diabetic woman.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3778709 wenn5801438 wenn3778712

Kanye West will appear on the new season of ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians’

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 04:25 AM PDT

It just occurred to me as I read this Radar story: Kanye West is like the rapper version of James Franco. Both Kanye and Franco take themselves too seriously, both multitask to obscene levels, and both men are total stunt queens. Franco and Kanye can never simply BE. They have to elevate their existence to the level of high art, performance art, or general famewhore theatrics. Both men are truly talented as well – I wish Kanye could just be a musician, a rapper and a producer. I wish Franco could just be an actor. But both have decided that they're geniuses who can jump across mediums and be equally brilliant at everything.

So, with that in mind, Kanye's latest stunt queen move is this: he's going to be on the new season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. For real, Kanye? I know everyone is like "FAUXMANCE!" and "They're just doing this for ratings and album sales." But really – does Kanye NEED to go on KUWTK? No. He doesn't. His career doesn't need at all, and this television-accessibility might end up doing more harm than good. So… I've come to the conclusion that Kanye is actually obsessed with Kim in some kind of weird, deranged way. He's hypnotized by the Kat-face, y'all.

Kanye West will appear on the upcoming season of his girlfriend Kim Kardashian’s reality show, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting. As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Kim was snapped slinking out of Kanye West’s NYC apartment last Thursday morning wearing the same outfit she was wearing on her date with the hip hop star on Wednesday. Kanye has also released a song professing his love for the reality TV vixen.

The Grammy award winning hip hop star has already appeared on the Kardashian reality television franchise for E!, and has told Kim he would love to appear on the show again!

“Kanye is head over heels in love with Kim, and he has told her he would love to appear on the reality show if she wants him to. Kim is a bit leery of having her man appear on camera because of the whole fiasco with her soon-to-be-ex-husband, Kris Humphries, but watch for Kanye to make several appearances on the show towards the end of the season. Viewers won’t see him featured in the first part of the season, and it won’t be all about Kanye,” a show insider tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

While Kanye says in his new song Theraflu that he “fell in love with Kim,” while she began dating Humphries, we reported back in January about their on-going hook up.

“They were both cheating,” Kanye’s ex Amber Rose exclusively told Star magazine. She said the pair hooked up while they were both in relationships with A-listers — Kim with NFL star Reggie Bush and Kanye with Amber!

“Kim feels extremely comfortable with Kanye because she feels that for the first time she is with a partner that understands what she does for a living and doesn’t scrutinize her for being in a reality show….She also doesn’t feel like Kanye is using her, like she did with Kris,” the source says.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ new season premieres Sunday, May 20 on E!.

[From Radar]

Wait, are the Kardashians currently filming the new season, or has it already "wrapped"? Like, what's the post-production on KUWTK? I know I shouldn't care, but it makes sense, I suppose, if Kim is currently filming new episodes right now. At least it feels slightly authentic, unlike the last season which Kim had to "reshoot" after she split from Kris so that she could add a bunch of stuff to villainize him. I wonder if Kanye does reshoots? Ugh. Dear God, I never thought I would see Kanye make appearances on a basic cable reality show.

Photos courtesy of WENN, Fame/Flynet and Pacific Coast News.
75841PCN_Kardashian15 wenn3816523 FFN_Kardashian_West_GGFF_040512_8951607 FFN_Kardashian_Kim_FF5_040712_8959535 wenn5821737

Janet Jackson shows off her new, jacked face in a budget Nutrisystem commercial

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 04:20 AM PDT

The last time I wrote about Janet Jackson, it was a little bit less than a year ago. Janet was doing several fashion events in Paris in May and June of last year. I noted at the time that Janet looked like she had gained a little weight – nothing drastic or anything, maybe about 20 pounds, tops. I even said it looked good on her – it made her look younger. Then, last December, Janet signed on to become the newest Nutrisystem spokeswoman. Now, Nutrisystem is – in my opinion – worse than Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers. Nutrisystem is the trashier, more budget weight loss system. I think Janet was slumming with this endorsement. But Janet didn't think so:

Janet Jackson’s fans have loved her through thick and thin! The 45-year-old singer and Nutrisystem spokeswoman is famous for yo-yo dieting throughout her career.

“[My weight] is something I’ve dealt with all my life, and it’s been an issue for me,” she told Us Weekly. “People can relate to me because I have lived it. I truly understand what it’s like to have a problem with weight loss, losing too much weight or gaining more than you desire to and becoming unhealthy.”

Although Jackson “[doesn't] want to put a number on [how many] pounds I want to lose or have lost” she feels “Good. This is where I want to be.”

“I still have a ways to go, and there’s not a lot that I want to lose,” she explained. “But I’ll know it when I reach it.”

Part of the reason Jackson’s weight has fluctuated? She’s an emotional eater. “When I’m down or really stressed, I eat because that’s my comfort place,” she said. “I’ve had a problem with my body image. So that’s why it’s really really important to get to where you really feel comfortable. You need to look at yourself and say, ‘I like this, I feel good about this. I feel healthy, I feel strong, and this is where I want to be.’”

Jackson admitted the 2009 passing of her brother Michael had been stressful, but can “breathe a little better” now that the trial of his physician Conrad Murray is over. “It’s been a difficult couple of years,” she told Us. “And then I’ve been very, very busy on top of that.”

“I have a little ways to go to get healthy and to feel the best that I KNOW I can feel,” she added. “I know I’m on my way to success.”

[From Us Weekly]

I mean… I get that. Janet is relatable. I like her more for talking about her weight fluctuations. What I don't like? When Janet endorses a budget weight loss program, loses a extreme amount of weight, and JACKS the crap out of her face. Are we supposed to think that what happened to her face is the product of weight loss? Because I don't. Here's Janet's new commercial:

Dear Miss Janet: WTF?!?!?!? Crazy cat-face. Nothing above her upper lip moves at all. UGH. Now, Janet has gotten tweaked before – for sure. But this is a really drastic and noticeable change, and she simply did NOT need it.

Janet when she first joined Nutrisystem:

Janet after (I think she looked better before):

Ads courtesy of Nutrisystem.
janet jackson 3 janet jackson 2 janet jackson 1

Katherine Heigl on bonding with Naleigh: “Her rejection almost broke my heart”

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 04:17 AM PDT

katherine heigl

If you’d told me a year ago that I’d actually enjoy reading what I’ll fondly refer to as “Deep Thoughts by Katherine Heigl,” I’d have repeatedly laughed in your face. It’s true though — Katherine’s opinions on working outside the home as well as her hatred of “Dance Moms” and her admission that marriage is difficult have endeared me towards the presumed ice queen of sorts. Now Katherine has spoken about the difficulty of attempting to bond with her child, Naleigh. Of course, Katherine and husband Josh adopted Naleigh when she was quite nearly a year old, so it wasn’t an instant process:

When Katherine Heigl and husband Josh Kelley adopted 10-month-old Naleigh from Korea in 2009, the new mom expected the mother-daughter bond to be strong and immediate.

Not so, the actress admits in an interview with German weekly newspaper, Bild am Sonntag. “People are always talking about the strong bond between mother and daughter, this magical connection — but we didn’t have that,” Heigl says.

She described the early days with Naleigh as “the hardest time in my life. … I fought incredibly hard for my daughter to accept me as mother. Her rejection almost broke my heart.”

Heigl found the rejection so oppressive that she threw herself into her work which, she admits, “made the already difficult process of getting closer take even longer. … When I realized that, I immediately cut back on work.”

That’s when she left “Grey’s Anatomy.”

The child did bond with Kelley, which made Heigl wonder if she might be the problem. “At first I blamed myself and thought I was a bad mother. It took a while before I could admit to myself that the lack of trust had nothing to do with me,” she says.

Now Heigl and her daughter have a tight bond. So tight that Heigl is unafraid to travel to South Korea with her now 4-year-old daughter. “I’d like to fly to South Korea with the family,” she says, “to show her the country that she comes from.”

[From People]

Until now, most people assume that Katherine left “Grey’s Anatomy” merely because she thought she was just too good for television. Instead, Katherine had a damn good reason for doing so. Now she can focus on movies, where her schedule is a little bit kinder than a weekly drama and permits for more Naleigh time. Or at least, she could do so until recently before One for the Money crashed at the box office. Time for another career reinvention, methinks.

In related news, Naleigh is an absolutely adorable child. Those cheeks!

katherine heigl

katherine heigl

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet

FFN_Flynet_KHeigl_021211_BF_50515279 FFN_Flynet_KHeigl_082311_Pablo_50497379 FP_8156575_Heigl_Katherine_SAN_07_16 FFN_HeiglKatherine_Out_OSVALDOFF_040412_8948556

Amanda Bynes’s dad thinks she’s as sober and innocent as a Lohan

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 04:14 AM PDT

Yes, we're still talking about Amanda Bynes and whether or not she's a cracked-out drunk driver. In my mind, it's not a matter of "if" – I believe the stories about her liquor-soaked partying ways, and I believe that you'd have to be pretty drunk to try to pass a cop car and PLOW INTO IT. Still, Amanda has hired a big-time lawyer and she's going to "fight the charges". Plus, Amanda has sent her dad out to make her look like an innocent victim:

Amanda Bynes’s dad is standing by his daughter, following her DUI arrest on Friday.

“She was not drunk,” Rick Bynes tells PEOPLE. “I was told that she blew a zero on the Breathalyzer. She didn’t have a single drink that night. My daughter doesn’t drink.”

Rick Bynes claims the the cop who arrested Amanda, 26, was at fault for pulling out in front of the actress as she was turning at the West Hollywood intersection where she was cited. Rick adamantly says his daughter was not impaired, explaining that she was arrested because “she was upset and very emotional.”

Adding that Amanda was released with no bail, Rick went on to say, “She is a good girl. She just chooses not to work, and because of that, people go after her.”

PEOPLE confirmed that Bynes was at L.A.’s Greystone Manor Supperclub Thursday night before she was cited for investigation of DUI. She was held overnight at the West Hollywood Sheriff’s department’s station, and while authorities would not comment on the actress’s specific case, according to the West Hollywood Sheriff’s Station website, “if the offense is alcohol or drug related, the suspect will stay at the sheriff’s station until he or she can safely care for himself or herself.”

Bynes was released with the citation and will have to show up in court when a date is set.

[From People]

Hm… did Amanda really blow a zero on the Breathalyzer, or was that just what Amanda told her father? Because I don't think she would have been held for hours unless she was impaired in some way. As for "She just chooses not to work, and because of that, people go after her." I don't get it…? If Amanda wasn't working and she was just minding her own business, no one would care. But she's drunkenly stumbling out of all of the big clubs in LA and being a cracked-out catastrophe on the streets. It's not about her work.

As for the "she doesn't drink" argument – for God's sake. Most of the paparazzi in LA have seen Amanda completely sh–faced. Radar even has a report about Amanda being "tipsy" at the Rock and Reilly's Irish Pub the night AFTER she was arrested. A source tells Radar, "All her friends looked like they were drunk and she looked tipsy…I saw her with a drink in her hand, and shortly after that she left the bar with her friend. Amanda definitely looked like she was above everyone else and just didn't want to be there."

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet and Pacific Coast News.
amanda bynes 1 75865PCN_Bynes11 FFN_BynesAmanda_SheriffDUI_PremiereFF_040612_8954915

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/04/celebitchy_10.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...