Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton at the Spirit Awards: lovely or tacky?

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 07:45 AM PST

Last night, the Independent Spirit Awards were held in LA – you can see the list of winners and nominees here. Michelle Williams walked away a winner, at last, for Best Actress for My Week With Marilyn. I don't hate her victory here – just as long as there isn't a chance in hell she'll win at the Oscars. Anyway, the Spirit Awards always seem like a fun night, and it must be nice for celebrities to go to an awards show in casual/business clothes. In past years, people have shown up in jeans and tank tops, but these days, more people are actually putting together "looks". Take Michelle – if there was ever a time for her to wear one of her high-necked, Peter-Pan-collared baby doll dresses, the Spirit Awards would be it. But Michelle decided to go for a more modern look in Louis Vuitton, with a dark blazer, short "dress" shorts and a blouse. I don't hate the outfit, I just wish the blazer had a slimmer cut, and I would have paired the blazer and shorts with something other then a blouse buttoned all the way to the neck. Still, Michelle has great legs, and I like that she's showing them off more. One last (bad) thing: her Beatle haircut is starting to make her look like one of the Children of the Corn.

Here's Michelle's date (I'm sure), Busy Phillips in vintage. Dear God, this dress is AWFUL. You know I like Busy Phillips, but why does she always make herself look like ass when she's Michelle's "date"? Is it to make Michelle look good?

Jeffrey Dean Morgan and his baby-mama/girlfriend Hilary Burton were there. She plucks my last nerve, and he needs a shave. I'm still not sure about them as a couple too.

Here's Jessica Chastain in Armani. Will she choose Armani for the Oscars? The thing about Armani is that it's usually a very clean, simple look. Which could be very boring on Chastain. Of course, if left to her own devices, I think Chastain's personal style is probably pretty rough, so Armani it is.

Shailene Woodley in PANTS!! I love that this girl wears pants on the red carpet. I love this outfit too, the black pants with the sparkly shirt and the interesting shoes (?? I'm not a shoe person). She won Best Supporting Actress too, for The Descendants.

Kiki Dunst in Dolce & Gabbana. She looks really, really good here. I would have loved to have seen Michelle Williams in this outfit.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3750811 wenn3750799 wenn3749955 wenn5800402 wenn3751068 wenn3750573 wenn3751136 wenn3751140 wenn3751517

Beyonce & Jay-Z take a blanket-covered Blue Ivy to lunch in NYC

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 06:45 AM PST

Here are the first candid photos of Beyonce and Jay-Z with their daughter Blue Ivy. We've seen the posed photos of course – go here to see those pics again. Bey, Jay and Blue were photographed taking their daughter out for a late lunch at Sant Ambroeus in New York City yesterday. You can't even see Blue – I guess that's the baby in Beyonce's arms, swaddled in blankets. I see Bey is already back to leather pants. I like how protective Jay looks of his wife and daughter. This is probably one of their first big outings as a family! Cute.

In other Beyonce news, you know how we were discussing LeAnn Rimes's public shill for a gig on The X Factor? Well, apparently Simon Cowell is very interested in Beyonce for either the UK X-Factor or the American version, but he probably won't be able to meet her price:

Pop superstar BeyoncĂ© wants an eye-watering $50million to be a judge on X Factor. Show supremo Simon Cowell approached her about taking the role to mark her return to showbiz following the birth of her baby girl Blue Ivy Carter. But The Crazy in Love star is said to have told him she'd only do it for a $50million contract – making her the highest-paid TV star in Britain.

Her wage demands are a major stumbling block – as the £32million figure is roughly equivalent to ITV's entire production budget for a complete series. It comes as Cowell, 52, is preparing to revamp the ITV show's judging panel after last year's series was marred by a series of bitter on-air rows.

Kelly Rowland – who clashed with Tulisa over hopeful Mischa B – is understood to have been given the boot. Tulisa, Take That star Gary Barlow and X Factor veteran Louis Walsh are waiting to hear whether they will survive the shake-up.

Cowell's bold approach to Beyonce – Kelly's cousin and former Destiny's Child bandmate – follows rumours that she had bought a home in Surrey with rapper husband Jay-Z. The New York-based superstar is currently focused on being a mum after the birth last month of Blue – the couple's first child.

A source close to ITV said: "Even Simon was shocked by the scale of Beyonce's demands. However, she would be an incredible signing."

However, Beyonce has also been tipped as a possible recruit to the US version of the show – where Cowell is looking for two new judges after firing Pussycat Doll Nicole Sherzinger and Paula Abdul.

Last week the music mogul opened the door to the possibility of making a sensational return to the UK judging panel himself after a year out.

He let slip during an interview at a charity event that he would consider changes to his schedule to allow him to take part in both Britain's Got Talent and X Factor.

He said: "Do you know what? I'm going to see maybe if we can move the dates around so I can do both shows the future because I miss it."

Cheryl Cole has ruled herself out of returning to the show.

[From The Mirror]

I know that I should be all "I can't believe Beyonce is asking for that much money." But I can't. Beyonce probably just jacked up her asking price so much because she really doesn't want to take the gig. I mean, she's still one of the most internationally popular musical acts – there's no reason for her to "slum it" on a reality show, you know? I understand that The X Factor is a huge deal in the UK, but in America, you only do reality programming when your career is on the downward swing.

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet.
FFN_Beyonce_JayZ_TeachFF_022512_8810729 FFN_Beyonce_JayZ_TeachFF_022512_8810728 FFN_Beyonce_JayZ_TeachFF_022512_8810737 FFN_Beyonce_JayZ_TeachFF_022512_8810730 FFN_Beyonce_JayZ_TeachFF_022512_8810733

Prince Albert & Princess Charlene are in LA: will they show up at the Oscars?

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 06:25 AM PST

A few weeks ago, Page Six had an interesting little story about Princess Charlene and Prince Albert of Monaco. Apparently, the reigning Monegasque monarch and his bride were letting it be known that they were very, very interested in attending this year's Academy Awards. Not just the Vanity Fair post-Oscar party, mind you – they wanted to be invited to the ceremony. I had mixed feelings about it, because I have my doubts as to how much of a "get" Princess Charlene really is to an event. But, I would be happy to see her on the Oscar red carpet, and certainly, Hollywood stars would love to mingle with actual royalty.

So imagine my surprise when I saw these photos of Charlene and Albert in LA, at a champagne brunch celebrating The Montblanc Princesse Grace De Monaco jewellery and watch collection yesterday. Oh, so they're in LA, are they? On Oscar weekend? Sounds like Oscar producers reached out, right? So, I'm calling it – I'm thinking Charlene and Albert will definitely be at tonight's Oscars. Maybe they won't walk the red carpet (too gauche!), but I'm guessing that they'll be in attendance, and they'll make an appearance at the Vanity Fair party too. French sources are claiming something similar too – something about honoring Grace Kelly, maybe?

Some movie star better help Princess Charlene too. Angelina Jolie can distract Prince Albert while George Clooney shuffles Charlene into an unmarked car, and Jean Dujardin is the getaway driver. Charlize Theron, a fellow South African, will help Charlene get back on her feet in Charlize's guest house. And Albert will be none the wiser! Honestly, he might not even notice that she’s gone.

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet and WENN.
FFN_KMFF_Montblanc_Party_022512_8812044 wenn3751356 wenn3751348

Jennifer Aniston named her new pit-boxer puppy after ‘Sophie’s Choice’

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 12:24 PM PST

Jennifer Aniston was on The Tonight Show last night. Um, she slurred a bit, so I can't talk about this being a "sober" appearance. Girl loves to get her drink on. But she did keep the conversation light – she and Leno obviously prepped her stories beforehand. The dog stories are always winners, although I'm not sure about admitting that she named her new puppy, Sophie, after Sophie's Choice. She named her dog after a story about a mother choosing between her children during the Holocaust. I'm not touching that one, okay? Aniston told Leno, "Sophie came up to us, and that was sort of a big indicator of they choose you. We were there for three hours, and I’m telling you, I was almost walking out with three puppies. It’s so hard. That’s why we named her Sophie, because it was Sophie’s Choice. I was crying — it was so hard.” She even brought a photo of Sophie too. Just watch the video.

Aniston also discussed her BFF Chelsea Handler, but she messed up her defense of Chelsea. Leno was basically saying Chelsea is a drunken party girl, and Aniston started to say, "That's just her personality- I mean, that's her public persona." This second video is pretty much an cross-promotional advertisement for Chelsea Lately.

In other JustJen news, Justin Theroux is ringing the "I was bullied too, y'all" bell. Although… okay, I just re-read this story. Justin didn't use the word "bullied" - Us Weekly did in their headline. Carry on!

Don’t mess with Justin Theroux! The Wanderlust actor, 40, opened up about his rough upbringing in Washington, DC during his first-ever late-night TV appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Thursday.

“The school was in the center of our neighborhood,” said Theroux, who admitted to being kicked out of two schools as a teen. “It was a very boy-heavy, Lord of the Flies environment. There were a lot of Irish families in the neighborhood and they all had like 13 kids. There was a lot of competition amongst the boys in general.”

“If you got into a fight with one of these boys, one who’s your age, then you would have to rely on your older brother to beat up that boy. The Sullivan boys you could not beat up. There were too many.”

When Theroux was 10-years-old, his father returned home from a business trip in Holland with a pair of wooden shoes. “I thought for some reason everyone in school was just going to adore the shoes,” Theroux said.

“Once I got to school, I bumped into this kid, David Sullivan, and he saw me, and he saw the wooden shoes, and he was like, ‘Oh, I will have to punch you now.’ It was almost like he felt bad, like, ‘I have to hand out a beat down for everyone else. The rules are the rules,’” said Theroux, currently dating his Wanderlust costar Jennifer Aniston. “I looked at my brother and he was like, ‘You’re on your own. I warned you.’”

As Sullivan “brought [Theroux] down to the pavement,” the future actor and screenwriter “realized I actually only had one means of defending myself, which was the actual wooden shoes themselves.”

“I took the shoe off, and as hard as I could, I remember clobbering him in the head,” Theroux said. “His head split, he sort of reared back and he started to cry.”

[From Us Weekly]

Is that a story of bullying, or is that a story of the one time Justin got into a fight? I think there's a difference. Bullying, to me, is a campaign of hatred, taunting, and physical and emotional abuse, not a one-off altercation about shoes in which said shoes become a equalizing weapon of destruction. Maybe I'm wrong.

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet and WENN.
FFN_Aniston_Jennifer_BAG_022312_8802253 FFN_RIJ_WANDERLUST_021612jpg_8777053 wenn5798734 FFN_AnistonJennifer_WalkFame_KMFF_022212_8798250 FFN_RIJ_WANDERLUST_021612jpg_8777054

Viola Davis goes natural, wigless at Women In Film event: gorgeous & awesome?

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 12:09 PM PST


We’re gearing up for the Oscars and there will be plenty of pre and post-parties to get our fashion fix. The cast of The Help was well represented at the Women in Film Pre-Oscar Party last night at Cecconi’s Restaurant in West Hollywood. I would have liked to have seen Emma Stone there, but she must have had other plans. (Sexy ones involving Andrew Garfield.)

First off is the lovely Jessica Chastain in formfitting salmon Elie Saab. I admire this woman and find her unassuming, genuinely grateful for her success, and so pretty. Her fashion has been a mixed bag tending toward “fug” this whole awards season, though. This dress is an exception in that it’s well tailored and flattering. The bustline is bizarre and it’s not a knockout dress, but we’re talking about a cocktail party, not the Oscars. Her hair and makeup are perfection. We’ll have to see if she brings it tomorrow night.

Do you see Jessica’s mess of a Vivienne Westwood gown that she wore to the Hollywood Reporters nominees night on Thursday? My theory is that she lets stylists take over her fashion and isn’t questioning their poorer choices.

Viola Davis went with her natural hair last night (as we also saw in a photo spread for LAT Magazine earlier this month) and opted for a purple faux wrap MaxMara Zenica dress with some killer black wedge pumps. I love those shoes! I have a pair of black wedge booties that are similar. I’m including a side view of Viola with producer Cathy Schulman (Crash, The Illusionist) so you can see the shoes a little better. (There’s a better view of the shoes here.) I like Viola’s look and her accessories apart from the bizarre white flower brooch she’s wearing. It seems like a simpler pin would have better completed the look.

Sidenote by Kaiser: I really, really hope Viola goes “natural” for the Oscars. I think she’s stunning this way.

Octavia Spencer was most likely in Tadashi Shoji, her designer of choice this season. (I don’t have confirmation on that, though.) I love that primrose gathered gown and she really knows what works for her. Some lighter colored and/or less clunky shoes might have worked better, but that’s a minor complaint. Octavia was earning praise from her co-stars at the event. USA Today has quotes from Allison Janney and Jessica Chastain gushing about Octavia. Janney said, in part, “she makes me laugh and she’s so generous of heart and spirit.” That’s nice!

Allison Janney was amazing in a striking cornflower blue one shoulder gathered gown. I would love to own this dress. Her accessories perfectly complimented the look without overwhelming it. I prefer Janney with lighter hair, but a quick image search shows that she has had darker hair for around three years.

This photographer got a few photos of the attendee’s manicures. Show me their shoes! On a side note, I recently discovered pinterest. (I don’t know what took me so long, but I’m still waiting for my invite!) The shoe and nail pr0n there is amazing.

women_in_film_072_wenn3749134 women_in_film_071_wenn3749093 women_in_film_069_wenn3749154 wenn3749045 wenn3749095 wenn3749139 wenn3749103 wenn3749131 wenn3749132 wenn3749105 wenn3749042 wenn3749035

Photo credit: FayesVision/WENN.com

Lindsay Lohan is telling crack-lies about her connection to Elizabeth Taylor

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 11:42 AM PST

Here are some photos of Lindsay Lohan from two nights ago in Beverly Hills. I believe I linked to some of these yesterday, but that was before I realized that we had access to them. Can we talk about the Cracken's current "look"? She looks every inch a budget, day-shift hooker, doesn't she? Cheap wig/extensions, a nose collapsing from extensive cocaine usage, and that puffy face… damn.

Ever since the judge gave her such a glowing report in court this week, Lindsay has been out every night, partying like a crackhead. On Thursday night (these photos), she went to Domingo Zapata's Oscar Art Show held at Mr. C. Just Jared notes that after the event, "the 25-year-old actress attended the French-born billionaire investor Nicolas Berggruen's party at the Chateau Marmont, where Linds is staying." Didn't I tell you? Didn't I? Bitch is staying at the Marmont, and she's going to crack-hustle her way into every Oscar party held there.

Then last night, Lindsay went to the opening of a Terry Richardson exhibit. She wore a really cheap-looking little yellow dress – you can see those photos here. Considering Terry Richardson is pretty much the only major photographer still giving Lindsay a "chance," I guess it was nice that she came out to support him. Terry also put this photo of Dina and her mother up on his "Diary". Ugh.

And our final LL story of the day – LL is a crack liar. Shocking, I know. She told The Mail that Elizabeth Taylor "gave" her a ring shortly before Taylor died, and it's something that LL "treasures." I don't even know where to begin:

Lindsay Lohan told me the late Elizabeth Taylor sent her a ring before she died.

'I treasure it,' she said when we discussed her forthcoming TV drama about the two-time Oscar-winning star's titanic love affair with Richard Burton. 'It came with this beautiful note, hand-written by Elizabeth Taylor, which was very encouraging about my work – and that work is something I should concentrate on,' Lohan, 25, continued.

I couldn't resist asking: How big was the diamond? She laughed and said: 'It's a costume ring! It has a cognac-coloured stone with precious stones set round it. After I was sent it, I put the ring, and the letter, away in a safe place so I wouldn't lose it. But I took them out recently when I was asked to portray her. It's a tiny connection to her.'

The Taylor-Burton television film is called Liz And Dick – although Elizabeth Taylor loathed being called Liz.

Lindsay explained how the film begins on the set of the film Cleopatra. 'That's where they fell in love – and I must have watched Cleopatra 500 times,' she laughs. 'OK, I'm exaggerating, but I have watched it dozens of times, and studied her performance in detail. I've also watched Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? A lot of people felt that film echoed her tumultuous relationship with Richard.'

Lindsay (who like Taylor, was a child star — first achieving fame at the age of 11 in The Parent Trap) has yet to decide whether she will dye her blonde hair dark for the role, or wear wigs.

'We're discussing all of that, and I'm working with a make-up designer who worked with her,' she told me. She'll wear contact lenses to match Elizabeth's famously violet eyes.
And she's looking forward to getting back on a film set.

'I like the structure,' she said. 'You have to be there in the morning, so that means you can't go out the night before. I've learnt a lot of lessons, and that's one of them,' she said, as she waltzed off into the LA night air to pick up her car.

[From The Mail]

Same crack lies, different day. Do you think Elizabeth really sent her a costume piece? Do you think Elizabeth sent her a lovely note? I don't. I think it's all crack lies. As for LL's casting – I can't even. I'm not going to get worked up about it right now, because I'm thinking that LL will mess it up somehow and she'll end up getting kicked off the film. Why waste the energy?

The Mail's reporter also asked LL about the judge's recent praise, and her strict probation, and LL said, "I'm happy about what happened. I realize how important it is not to muck this up. This is my chance to get on with my life." BITCH PLEASE.

Photos courtesy of Pacific Coast News, Terry's Diary.
73774PCN_Lohan05 lohan2 lohan3 lohan1 73774PCN_Lohan01 73774PCN_Lohan03 73774PCN_Lohan02

LeAnn Rimes paps herself in Malibu, shills for a job on ‘The X-Factor’

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 10:26 AM PST

Here are some new photos of LeAnn Rimes in Malibu yesterday, in what I can only assume was a prearranged paparazzi photo shoot, just like she admitted (to Chelsea Handler) she often sets up. I know LeAnn isn't the most self-aware person, so even when I think she looks like hell in a set of candid photos, I'm sure she thinks she looks great. My point? LeAnn is obviously dressed up in these photos – there's no question in my mind that LeAnn called some photographers and told them that she would be shopping at a certain time, and then she put together this outfit. And you know what? It's not a bad outfit. I would probably like it more if I thought LeAnn just pulled something together at the last minute. But I bet she spent an hour on this "casual" look.

So you can imagine how much time she spends preparing for a red carpet. Our Lady of Oblivious Famewhores walked the red carpet two nights ago for the Hollywood Domino Gala. I'm kind of glad we didn't have the photos – you can see them here. Prepare yourselves. There's quite a bit of bony chest plate and wonky bolt-on action going on in those photos. The dress is Tom Ford, by the way. I can't imagine Mr. Ford is happy that LeAnn is stuffing her lopsided bolt-ons into his dresses.

In other LeAnn news, you know how her music career is at death's door? Well, she's wants everyone to know that she's totally open to being a judge on The X-Factor. Several weeks ago, Simon Cowell went on a firing spree and now there are several open positions on the American X-Factor. For your consideration, Simon, how about some LeAnn?

The latest name thrown in the ring for an X Factor judges spot: Singer LeAnn Rimes.

Sources say Rimes is interested in joining the Fox reality hit, with one source adding that she's met with Factor co-producer FremantleMedia North America about the gig.

X Factor chief Simon Cowell is seeking to fill the judges panel spots vacated by Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger before the second season starts production later this year. Sources say he'll most likely hire two female talents to join himself and music producer L.A. Reid for a gender-balanced panel.

Cowell has not made firm offers for the posts, while the list of candidates continue to shift and official outlets continue to decline comment. But Rimes could make sense on a few levels for X Factor. First, she would add country music expertise, like Blake Shelton provides for NBC's The Voice. That could also boost the show's ratings since country music award shows have been one of the few TV genres to have successfully grown their audience in recent years. Rimes also knows what it's like to compete in a TV talent competition since she first gained national attention when she was eight years old by becoming a finalist on Star Search in 1991. Plus, Rimes' personal life, marriage to Eddie Cibrian, and weight issues — while polarizing — have also drawn plenty of headlines, which would spur press coverage of the show.

Rimes performed a tearful tribute at a concert last week to Whitney Houston, who Cowell considered for an X Factor gig before her death on Feb. 11.

Another name recently floating about for the Factor judges panel: X Factor UK judge Kelly Rowland. The British press have reported yesterday Rowland is quitting the UK series to "focus on her solo career in the U.S," though sources say none of the UK spots have been decided yet. And the former Destiny's Child star recently declared she'd be interested in switching to the U.S. version. "It would be awesome to be a judge over here for X Factor," she told CNN. "I really enjoyed my time over in the UK being a judge."

Other names circulating for X Factor posts include singers ranging from Vanessa Hudgens to Britney Spears.

[From Entertainment Weekly]

From what I can see, Simon hasn't said whether LeAnn is really in the running. I have to admit… it would be a career coup for her. Even though The X-Factor's ratings for the first season weren't that great, Simon is being given leeway to remake the show, and a lot of people think it might be a hit eventually. Would LeAnn help or hinder a struggling show?

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet.
FFN_Rimes_LeAnn_CPRFF_022412_8807270 FFN_Rimes_LeAnn_CPRFF_022412_8807174 FFN_Rimes_LeAnn_CPRFF_022412_8807265 FFN_Rimes_LeAnn_CPRFF_022412_8807172 FFN_Rimes_LeAnn_CPRFF_022412_8807179

Kate Winslet in metallic Jenny Packham at the Cesars: lovely or budget?

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 09:54 AM PST

I feel as if Kate Winslet's super-fans will issue a fatwa against me if I even utter one less-than-glowing word about her at any moment. Luckily for them, I don't have any big problems with Kate's appearance last night at the Cesar Awards in France. The Cesars are like the French Oscars, and I always forget that the Cesars are held really close to the Oscars too. Kate wore this Jenny Packham gown that makes her look like she got a boob job – which I'm sure she hasn't. I'm just saying, the cut of the gown is good enough where I'm sure some French women were like, "Girl, get out of here with your bolt-ons!" (If someone could translate that into French, I would be much obliged.) The one bad thing about the dress is that it looked really, really heavy. It's not beading, though – those are sequins. So maybe it's not that heavy. As for Kate's face… sigh… I'm not even going to start.

Kate was at the Cesars because she was given an honorary career-achievement award. In previous years, honorary Cesars have been given to Quentin Tarantino, Meryl Streep, Spike Lee, Jean-Luc Godard and Ingrid Bergman, to name just a few. So Kate's in good company there, although I hate it when women in their 30s receive "lifetime achievement" awards. Winslet still has decades left in her career, y'all. Give it to her when she's in her 60s.

Oh, and Kate brought her boyfriend/fiancĂ© (?) as her date. Ned Rocknroll got all dressed up to be Kate's escort. Ugh. This man/boy. He's like the British equivalent of facially-challenged Casper Smart. I don't even think Ned's attractive in the least. I'm also including a photo of Ned & Kate's arrival in Paris. He just travels with her, does whatever she wants. I'm guessing that she's paying for everything too – don't even start with "his family is rich!" His family IS rich. He is not. He married rich, he's divorcing rich, and he's jumping-off rich. He's a golddigging man-child with a sketchy hairline.

Photos courtesy of WENN, Fame/Flynet.
wenn3748838 wenn5800153 wenn3749194 wenn3749006 wenn3749354 wenn5799616

Lily Collins covers Nylon Mag: “I don’t want to acquire whatever ‘fame’ is”

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 09:20 AM PST

Lily Collins covers the March issue of Nylon magazine to promote her role as Snow White in the obnoxius looking Mirror, Mirror, a.k.a., “The Snow White film starring Julia Roberts.” Fortunately, Lily does not discuss (nor is she asked about) her eyebrows in this interview (unlike during her recent Seventeen interview).

Thankfully, the interview focuses mostly on the upcoming movie. Since Lily’s father is musician Phil Collins (cue “Sussudio” playing in your head), there’s the question of nepotism possibly playing a part in her ability to capture such a huge role like Snow White as a relatively unknown actress. While Lily handles this topic in a less abrasive manner than Emma Roberts, it’s rather obvious that she’s been coached by a publicist for just this sort of quizzing. During the interview, Collins apparently dragged the journalist to both a flea market and a gay bar featuring singing drag queens. While I can’t possibly understand the former, I can dig the latter. Here are some excerpts:

She’s no Lohan: “I never did do the whole drinking, drugs [thing]. That wasn’t ever me and is never gonna be me.”

On Fame: “I have no idea what will happen after Mirror, Mirror, but I love that I can still do what I want to do on a weekend, like go to the flea market. I don’t ever want that to stop. I don’t want to suddenly have to sacrifice parts of myself, and I don’t feel like I am, knowing that people are going to be more interested in my personal life. I don’t want to acquire whatever ‘fame’ is. I just want to be able to continue doing what I love to do.”

On her dad, Phil: “Obviously, I grew up seeing the pros and cons of the business with my dad, but he was really passionate about what he does, and you can’t stop doing what you’re passionate about because someone is photographing you… A lot of people’s perception is that I don’t have to work my way to get in a room because someone’s always interested in the last name, but I always say that personality opens doors, but character keeps them open. Everyone can have something special to get them in, but once you’re in, it’s sort of like, ‘Okay, so?’”

On playing Snow White: “Growing up in the English countryside, I would go out into the fields and create my own stories, and I would run around as if I was in a movie. That’s why for me, playing Snow White was a crazy dream come true, because I’ve always been someone who would read books and then go and make a movie in my head.”

“I just had this gut feeling that I needed to try one more thing because I wanted it so badly… so I went back in and I knocked on the door, and they let me [audition] again. I’m persistent but not in an annoying way. I’m really determined, and I want to try my best, and once I’ve known I’ve done all I can do, it’s totally fine.”

On acting with Julia Roberts: “I would be in a scene with Julia and she would be saying something mean and I would find myself almost smiling because I was enjoying it so much. Then I’d be like, ‘Oh f-ck, I have to be really upset right now.’”

[From Nylon]

That’s quite the odd statement about fame, isn’t it? If Lily didn’t covet fame, she wouldn’t date someone with a profile like Zac Efron, who incidentally dropped a condom on The Lorax orange carpet this week. And if she merely wanted to work on the “craft” of acting, Lily certainly wouldn’t have auditioned for a lead role in a big-budget movie opposite the likes of Julia Roberts, right?

Now onto this Nylon photoshoot, which is rather lovely if one doesn’t check out the atrocious cover shot. Lily’s a beautiful young girl, but I still suspect she wouldn’t be getting big parts in Hollywood if her father’s name hadn’t helped her get her foot in the proverbial door.

Photos courtesy of Nylon

nylonlily1 nylonlily3 nylonlily2 nylonlily4 nylonlily5

Victoria Beckham in her own design at LA reception: cute & still exhausted?

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 07:28 AM PST

Victoria Beckham was on hand last night at the GREAT British film reception, which honored this year’s British Oscar nominees. Naturally, Victoria wore one of her own designs with this ultra-fitted (like all of her looks) military green dress. Once again, this look works well on her because she’s so tiny, but on any celebrity with a “normal” body, it would probably be ridiculous. Victoria paired the dress with black leather above-the-knee boots and an odd-looking beige clutch. She still looks worn out and exhausted as hell at this event. Usually, people want Victoria to eat a sandwich, but I merely want her to take a few naps. As a veteran of Non-Sleeping Baby Syndrome myself, it’s exhausting just to look at her.

Gary Oldman was also there with his stunning wife, Alexandra Edenborough, whose little black dress seemed like she had a matching tank top underneath, which makes for a much too complicated effect from what should just be a simple, figure-flattering look. Gary’s up for Best Actor, and while he probably won’t win, he probably really will be the only guy there who’s just honored to be nominated.

Kenneth Branagh and his wife, Lindsay Brunnock, were in attendance as well. Ken’s up for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in My Week With Marilyn. That checkered tie just doesn’t do it for me.

Christopher Plummer, who seems to be the frontrunner for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Beginners was there too. This was not a good night for British dudes wearing ties.

Finally, James Frain takes care of all the remaining eye candy quotient that wasn’t already engulfed by Gary Oldman. James is attractive, but I’d like to give him a good shampooing.

Photos courtesy of WENN

wenn3749246 wenn3749247 wenn3749243 wenn3749235 wenn3749242 wenn3749239 wenn3749245 wenn3749262 wenn3749250
You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/02/celebitchy_26.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...