The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Chris Brown's "Turn Up The Music" Video + Teyana Taylor LASHES OUT About Nude Pic Leak

Posted: 17 Feb 2012 08:21 AM PST

Chris Brown has released a visual for "Turn Up The Music."  Watch it inside and read the open letter Teyana Taylor penned regarding her nude pics scandal.

Chris Brown has released the much-anticipated video for his "Turn Up The Music" clip.  Chris co-directed the moving party visual which he also performed at the Grammys.

 

Watch it here:

 

 

Also......

Teyana Taylor has lashed out about a nude photo that leaked this week (which she blames on a hacker). As she prepares for her new single “DUI” featuring Fabolous and Jadakiss (February 25) and a new EP The Misunderstanding of Teyana Taylor (February 29), she felt the need to respond in an open letter....

Look I’m human, & just like every girl in this world, I admire my body so i take pics just like EVERY other human being. However my phone that was stolen Witch my phone was also connected to my twitter. So i guess the hacker felt the need to have a field day and leaked personal photos, and also tweet mean & hurtful things about me.

I ain’t gone front It really hurt my feelings that someone would be so evil and mean. I would never leak photos like that of my self. I have so many blessings and opportunities ahead of me & I have way more class & respect for my self as a young woman. So there’s no need to seek attention. But I sincerely apologize to all my supporters and followers who had to witness the devil at work, and at what he does best. Karma is a $&@# but I’ll let God handle that. that’s it that’s all.

 

This is a cautionary tale for all of us!

Kelly Rowland GETTING FIRED Off "X-Factor"??!! + Janet Jackson BECOMING An "X-Factor" Judge? + Nick Cannon QUITTING Radio

Posted: 17 Feb 2012 06:31 AM PST

Across the pond, it's being said that Kelly Rowland's days on "X-Factor" are numbered!  Get the deets on the firing inside and find out if Janet Jackson may be heading to one of the "X-Factor" shows.  Also, Nick Cannon reveals the reasons he is leaving his radio show.

Kelly Rowland should put her total focus on music again as sources say Simon Cowell and "X-Factor" execs in the UK are not happy with her.  One source said,

‘Kelly has got to go. She was not right for the show. The producers didn’t like her and her commitment level wasn’t there. There’s an understanding she didn’t work on the panel.’

Hmm....perhaps Kelly could land on her feet here as a judge in the USA.  But she would face stiff competition because there's another diva in the running. 

 

In other "X-Factor" news.....

In a segment airing on Monday, Janet Jackson talked to Anderson Cooper who asked if she may be headed to "X-Factor."  Janet, who was caught off guard, said,  "Oh my God."  

She then began to stumble all over her words (while laughing). 

Janet:  No I'm not a judge on The X Factor.

Anderson:  "You're not currently a judge on The X Factor."

Janet:  "No, I am not.  But that's all I really think I should say.

Anderson:  Intriguing, I will say."

 

Janet sure left the door open on that question.  Perhaps they are still in negotiations....but this would be a good look.

 

And on the radio.....

Nick Cannon is quitting his New York radio show due to health issuess.   In addition to suffering from mild kidney failure, he was admitted to the hospital last week for two blood clots in his lung.

He released a statement saying, “Under doctor’s orders, I have been asked to make my health first and cut back on some of my professional commitments...”  

He added, “It has been an absolute pleasure working with CBS Radio and the 92.3 NOW morning show team and I would like to thank them for their unwavering support.”

Nick will continue hosting his syndicated weekend show, “Cannon’s Countdown,” and will also continue hosting NBC’s “America’s Got Talent.”

Solange Gets CUTESY For ROLLACOASTER, Says She's Not Dishing Mommy Advice To Big Sis

Posted: 17 Feb 2012 03:54 AM PST

Solange Knowles did a cute and playful shoot--rocking the new limited edition Miu Miu shades--for Rollacoaster magazine recently.  And she dished on the mommy advice she's NOT giving to her big sister Beyonce.  Check it inside...

Solo may have lots of knowledge to thrust upon new moms seeing that she gave birth to her son Julez 7 years ago.  But she's keeping mum and simply enjoying being an auntie to beautiful baby Blue Ivy.

In the new issue of Rollacoaster magazine, the 25-year-old "I Decided" singer (and DJ and Carol's Daughter & Rimmel spokeswoman) was every bit the proud auntie saying:

'I think babies in general are so lovable - and my sister's baby, Blue, is so beautiful. She is really a beautiful little baby. It's really special to have a niece because I have a son, so I get to have a little girl too.'

But since she got so overwhelmed with parenting advice when she had Julez years ago, she doesn't want to put her sis through the same thing:

"I think it's really important for every mother to find their own way. I think it's actually the most annoying thing when you're a new mum and you're getting so much advice from other mothers!"

And yes, Beyonce is one of her role models as well.  Even though Solo loves the fact she still has her privacy:

"She was and is such a role model, but I think more so it was an insane learning process for me to have a big sister like that - to be able to see the good, the bad and everything in between that comes with fame and success, and to know what I was getting myself into.

I really enjoy my privacy and being able to walk my son to school every morning and pick him up every afternoon.

I know that I couldn't do that if I was at the next level - privacy, as you know, it just doesn't belong to you anymore....I definitely made a conscious effort to stay as low key as I can and still do what I want to do."

Her full interview will be available in issue 4 of the mag, available in the UK during London fashion week which kicks off today.

Source

Bobby Brown Makes EARLY RETURN To The Stage With New Edition In Maryland

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 10:53 PM PST

Bobby Brown wasn't 100% expected return to his current New Edition tour until Saturday evening after Whitney Houston's funeral.  But he made a surprise appearance Thursday night for Upper Marlboro, Maryland concert goers.  Deets inside...

The show must go on....and Bobby's back at it already.  Last night (Thursday), Bobby surprised Maryland fans by returning to the stage for the New Edition tour stop.

He showed up at the Show Place Arena 20 minutes into the set and thanked the crowd for their prayers.  And also had them throw up their hands for "his love Whitney." 

We've learned that two of his sons and 1 daughter (not Bobbi Kris) were looking on from the side of the stage.

Bobby told the crowd, "Life is life and you have to move on. I love [Whitney] like I love God."

As for his demeanor?  He was his usual self much to the delight of the crowd.  He introduced himself as "Bad ass Bobby Brown" and came out hype as ever.  But was still emotional at times.

Bobby left the New Edition tour last Sunday night to travel to L.A. to mourn the loss of his ex-wife and to be with his 18-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina.  He has reportedly received an official invite to Saturday's private funeral in New Jersey, despite reports that Whitney's family did not want him there. 

He will reportedly attend the services, then travel directly afterwards to Connecticut to rejoin his groupmates for another concert.

 

WHOA: Rihanna Taps CHRIS BROWN For Her "Cake" Remix....More Details On Chris Attending Her Birthday Party?!

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 02:02 PM PST

Things just got real interesting.  There may just be a reason afterall that Rihanna's been hanging out real heavy with her ex Chris Brown.  And it's all because they're allegedly "Cake"in...musically and somewhat physically.  Deets inside...

The homie Miss Info just dropped a musical bomb.  Her longtime industry sources just revealed that Rihanna has made her "Cake" single collabo partner official....and it's none other than Breezy himself.

Rihanna announced weeks ago that she is dropping a full remixed version of her "Birthday Cake" track (from the Talk That Talk album) on her birthday next week.  But she's only hinted as to who she's tapped to join her on the track.  She tweeted that the person is hot....dirty (in a good way)....and male.

The song's producers, Da Internz, told MTV today that the artist she brought on is "gonna shock the world"...but didn't reveal a name.

And "shock" is an understatement. 

Miss Info confirms the cameo will indeed be from Chris Brown.  And he's already recorded both a rap verse and a singing verse.  No word on if one or both will appear. 

This all would explain why both Chris & Rihanna were spotted leaving the (alleged) same recording studio right before the Grammys last weekend.  Hmmm...

And that's not all...rumors flew last week that Chris Brown hit up Rihanna's private early birthday party in L.A. (since she'll be in London on her actual birthday) a few days ago.  There was no proof before...until now. (The cake above is from her party--and it's Rih Rih in lingerie riding her spliff.)

Some party goers who decided not to answer Chris' demand of signing confidentiality agreement have spilled the beans.  People tweeted he was indeed there--along with Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Chris Martin and plenty of Rih's other friends.

Reports claim today that Chris not only showed up to the party, but was spotted canoodling up to Rih Rih damn near all night.  And it didn't appear strictly platonic to others.  Other party goers said the same.

Meanwhile, Chris, whose people still deny any type of romantic hook up with Rihanna, jetted to Miami yesterday with his girlfriend Karrueche*eyebrows raised*

 

 

Lil' Kim, Cassie & Toccara TURN IT OUT For Fashion Week

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 12:00 PM PST

Lil' Kim, Toccara and Cassie were among the celebs spotted at Lincoln Center looking fab for fashion week yesterday. See their photos inside......

Yesterday, Lil' Kim attended The Blonds Fall 2012 presentation as one of their VIP guests.


 

She rocked one of their designs and sat front row.


 

Before the show, she said wassup to Cassie who was also a guest of The Blonds.

And Cassie mixed her biker chick look with sweatpants.  She also just shot a feature for an upcoming issue of Vogue Italia.

"Top Model" stars Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel and J. Alexander also attended The Blondes show.

TV personality Toccara Jones attended the J. Mendel draped in fur.

And Rhonda Ross was spotted posing for pics at the b.Michael show.

 

 

Photos via PacificCoastNews/ Janet Mayer / Splash News

UPGRADE! Kandi Burruss Shows Off Her New House!

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 10:53 AM PST

That Bravo money is really coming through these days (not as if she needed it though).  Successful singer/songwriter Kandi Burruss just copped herself a brand new house.  Check out the big beautiful home she and her daughter Riley will be packing up to move into inside...

"Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Kandi Burruss has been working hard these days with a new sex toy line, a Spades app, writing music for stars in different genres of music, her new Bravo spinoff reality show, and her late night web show Kandi Koated Knights.

So her hard work has paid off into a brand new home.  She tweeted the pic above of herself outside the gates of her new home and said:

Just got a new house!!!!!! So much work to be done....

Sweet!  She and 9-year-old daughter Riley will be moving from their current home in Fayetteville, GA, pictured below:

 

Gotta love an upgrade.  Congrats Kandi!

BONUS: And speaking of home upgrades, check out Adele's new 25-acre estate which she showed off to Anderson Cooper.  Lovely! STORY

Diddy SHARES Thoughts About Whitney Houston On "ELLEN," Says She Was Full Of Life

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 09:52 AM PST

Diddy stopped by "ELLEN" today where he shared his thoughts on the life and legacy of Whitney Houston. Find out what he said inside and get the latest on Whitney's funeral.

Earlier, Diddy, who executive produced the Oscar-nominated documentary Undefeated, stopped by “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” where he talked about Whitney Houston's legacy. 

He revealed that he attended her wedding to Bobby Brown and always found her to be full of life and joy.  Most importantly, he added that she had a way of making everyone feel special. 

Though Diddy didn't mention if he would be attending the funeral, it was revealed earlier today that Whitney's co-star in The Bodyguard, Kevin Costner, will be one of the speakers.  Oprah was just revealed to have received an invitation to the services. The family also revealed that Clive Davis will speak as well. A source said,  

"Clive has been a complete rock for her family this entire time. He's been with her since the beginning, and he's been everything to them. They're leaning on him for emotional support. He talks to them hourly, and he's a very big part in planning her funeral. Clive has been a constant presence for them. They're thanking God for Clive."

Though the funeral is invitation only, it will be made available for live television and web streaming.  

It's sure to be an uplifting ceremony as, announced yesterday, Aretha Franklin (Whitney's godmother) and Stevie Wonder will both sing at the service on Saturday.

 

Watch Diddy's segment here:

Ellen: I know that you were one of the first at Clive Davis’ party to speak about Whitney’s passing the other day. Did you know her well?

Diddy: Yes, I did. I actually when I was growing up in the music industry before I had success I some how got on her wedding invitation. So I was at her wedding but I didn’t really know her but it was one of the hottest things in town for the music industry …I didn’t crash the party. Some how you know, I was a hustler. I got my name on there me, plus one. I was just like, oh my god. I’m at Whitney Houston’s wedding. I was a big Bobby Brown fan. Through out the years I got to meet her. She was so full of life. So full of just joy. She always made you feel that she noticed you and recognized you and spoke to you. She’ll definitely truly be missed.

Ellen: She will. I agree. She was an amazing talent and it’s heart breaking really. It’s very, very sad.

 

Photo via Michael Rozman/Warner Bros.

EXCLUSIVE: June Ambrose Talks Her OWN Fashion Line & The Drama Of Her New VH1 Show

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 08:45 AM PST

June Ambrose isn't just a master of celebrity A-Lister's fashions.  The YBF has exclusively learned that she's launching her own women's contemporary fashion line!  And that's after her new eyewear line she's launching as well.

 

Check out our Fashion Week chit chat below as we caught up with the styling guru...

You know you love fashion--and your job--when you spend Valentine's Day not with your husband, but at NY Fashion Week festivities.  TheYBF.com caught up with June Ambrose, stylist and the star of her own "Styled By June" VH1 docu-reality show, at LaQuan Smith's Fall 2012 presentation this week (pictured above with the designer):

 

On June's own upcoming eyewear & women's wear collections:

I am launching an eye wear collection with Selima Salaun this March [Selima Optique is a trend-setting, luxury eyewear brand]. It’s a collaborative effort and it's my first collaboration with an established designer. But I am also finishing up my sample collection for my own line--my women's contemporary line.  We hopefully will be in markets for Fall 2012.  You all are the first to have that news!

 

On her upcoming docu-reality show:

I think everyone will be surprised by it. And I wouldn’t call it a reality show, there is some type of format to my show. Something that you have to stay tuned to and definitely watch. My kids aren't really involved, but they do make a guest appearance.  They're sprinkled in....

There’s lots of drama, there's lots of good energy, there's a lot of stuff to take away to learn. The drama is survival.  Each client presents a new challenge and you take the journey of the emancipation.

 

On fashion in black history month:

For 2012, I made a commitment to support black young designers. LaQuan Smith is someone who I've admired for many years and am so excited to see how he has evolved as a designer and an artist.  He is the future of the fashion industry. I'll continue to support my young black designers, in any way I can.

 

On the one thing she can not leave the house without:
My iPhone! It's all about capturing the moment. It's not very stylish...but what else will I take pictures with?  And my daffodils, I have to have those.

On what inspired her look for the evening (pictured above):

I'm a mom...and I have to rock. It’s fashion week so I'm really just wearing a bunch of stuff that I love...nothing I'm wearing is new. It’s all stuff that comes right from my closet.

On the one designer she would choose to do a collaboration with:
I would do a collection with Tom Ford. I'm obsessed!

 

"Styled By June" premieres March 19th on VH1.

Photo Credit: Vinnet Bradshaw/GeniusHatesCompany.com

You have read this article with the title The Young, Black, and Fabulous. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2012/02/the-young-black-and-fabulous_17.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...