Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Who was the worst dressed at the MOCA Gala: Dita, Minnie, Kiki or Gwen?

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 06:33 AM PST

wenn3606933

Last night, there was a gala held at the Museum of Contemporary Art - the gala was for "An Artist’s Life Manifesto" directed by Marina Abramovic. In previous years, MOCA galas tend to get a good turnout, but this year wasn't that great, so I'm just including some of the bigger names in this post. Here's our headlining lady, Dita Von Teese in what I think might be Vivienne Westwood (update: it’s Gaultier, thanks!). I absolutely hate it! Dita has been having some bad public appearances recently, which pisses me off. I used to love everything in her closet. This dress just looks like an Etch n' Sketch vomited on her.

wenn3606947

I think this dress looks very pretty on Nicole - very flattering, beautiful color. But I don't like what's going on from the neck up. Too orange, too many bangs.

wenn3606841

Minnie Driver. Er… I hate this dress. It looks like really fug wallpaper from the 1970s. The material is whack - it looks so stiff and shiny.

wenn3606849

Gwen Stefani can pull off looks that other girls can't. Is this one of them? Eh. Her hair is mess, and her posture is throwing everything off.

wenn3606866

Is Kiki Dunst pregnant? That's the question she wants us to be asking, because there's no other reason to wear this sack dress.

wenn3606872

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Dakota and Elle Fanning cover W Mag: too mature, or just precocious?

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 06:32 AM PST

w1

Elle and Dakota Fanning cover the new December issue of W Magazine. Elle is 13 years old, Dakota is 17 years old, and they blonde hair, big blue eyes and an otherworldly precocity in common. In their separate interviews with W Mag (which you can read here at W), Elle talks about her dreams of working in Paris and how she knows the names of all of the major models, while Dakota talks about real estate and improvising with Sean Penn when she was 6 years old. It's weird, basically, especially in Elle's case. Dakota has grown up in the spotlight, and she's managed to balance fame and work with a normal childhood experience, but Elle seems like she's already a little adult. Plus, these photos seem way too mature for a pair of sisters who only have 30 years between them. Here are some highlights from the piece:

Elle on Dakota, her big sister: "She is a nice older sister. But it's not like we always get along. Now that she's going to college, it's different. I went into her room at home in California, and all her clothes were gone! Her closet was empty! I don't get to go in there and steal clothes anymore. It's really strange. It's sort of like she's off making a movie, but this time she's not coming back."

Elle on playing the young Cate Blanchett in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: "I was 9 years old during Benjamin Button. I had to wear a long red wig because [Cate] had red hair in the movie. I remember that. I had a great time on set. The director did a lot of takes, and he would say, "Take 50," and I would just go do it again. I was only 9, so I thought that was fun."

Elle on ballet: "Yes, ]I still do it] five days a week. That's something I always try to keep on my schedule. I would love to do a musical! Dakota did The Runaways, so she got to sing in that one."

Elle's favorite television shows: "We watch a lot of reality TV. My sister and I record Big Brother. We're obsessed! And we love old game shows like Password and the original Family Feud. Also, me and my sister watch Criminal Minds. We record every episode, and we watch it every single night… My sister likes psychology, and they really get into the mind of the killers. I've been on Criminal Minds twice! On the first show, a boy brought kids out to the woods and was beating them with a baseball bat, but I got away. Then they brought Tracy, my character, back—as a kidnapped girl. They saved me two times! Tracy lived!"

Elle is little fashionista: "Oh, yes! When I found out that I was invited to the Chanel show—that was the loudest I've ever screamed in my life. That was the best day of my life. It was my first fashion show, and I know every model by name. I go on Style.com and look at all the shows. It was just the best experience ever! And, of course, we did some sightseeing. We went to the Eiffel Tower at night. It was sparkling. I would be the happiest you would ever see me if I got to film a movie in Paris. That would be everything!"

Dakota on why she decided to go to college: "For the same reasons I wanted to go to a high school: You hear people say, "Oh, when I was in high school" or "When I was in college." That defines a lot of who people are, and I didn't want to miss out on that."

Dakota's 17 and she lives on her own with her mom? "No roommates. Because I'm only 17, my mom is staying with me in my apartment for a little bit. She's teaching me how to wash clothes and such. But I'm so excited to be on my own. In my house in L.A., we all feel that everything is everybody's, and so doors are never really closed. My sister and I share a bathroom, and when you have a sibling, nothing is actually your own. I've never really had anything or any place that was just mine."

Dakota on improvising with Sean Penn when she was 6: "And I thought, Okay, that's what it's going to be like. There was no other choice. I think he said, "Knock, knock," which was not in the script. I said, "Uh…who's there?" [Laughs.] And, yeah, that's what it was like. It definitely prepared me for the future. At other times, in other movies, actors would go off script and kind of test me like, Ah—maybe she's not going to be able to reply. And I already knew how to be ready for anything."

Dakota on auditioning as a child actor: "It didn't bother me, but I usually wouldn't get things because of my hair. I had really short, wispy hair, and the girls with perfect long, straight hair with bangs and a butterfly clip would always get picked. Finally, I got some more hair and started getting roles."

[From W Magazine]

They mention that their mom was some kind of fashion buyer before she started "managing" her girls' careers - and I'm using "managing" loosely because it doesn't seem like Mother Fanning is some Dina Lohan or Kris Jenner-style momager. I think Mother Fanning is just very involved in her girls' lives, and she gives career advice, especially about clothes and ad campaigns. Which makes that Marc Jacobs ad with Dakota even creepier, because the mom used to a professional in the fashion industry, and she knew what Dakota was getting into.

So here's the question: Are the Fanning girls simply smart and precocious, or does their momager need to take a step back and pull the girls away from the limelight a bit?

w6

w4

w3

w5

w2

W Magazine photos courtesy of The Fashion Spot.

RHOA’s Kim Zolciak got married to her baby-daddy Kroy Biermann on Friday

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 06:31 AM PST

zolciak4

Back in May, Real Housewife of Atlanta and professional Barbie-wig model Kim Zolciak gave birth to a son, Kroy Jagger Biermann. Kroy's daddy is (also named) Kroy Biermann, and he's an Atlanta Falcon, and surprisingly enough, Kroy (Senior) was all for buying the cow after he got the milk for free. Kroy and Kim got married on Friday (11/11/11) and they confirmed the news to Life & Style:

Life & Style can exclusively confirm that Kim Zolciak is officially off the market! A rep for the Real Housewives of Atlanta star confirms to Life & Style that Kim and Atlanta Falcons defensive end Kroy Biermann said "I do" in a beautiful ceremony in Atlanta on Nov. 11.

“This has been the happiest day of my life,” Kim exclusively tells Life & Style. “It’s been perfect. It’s been a dream come true.”

As Life & Style previously reported, Kim, 34, and Kroy, 26, got engaged in October after welcoming their first son, Kroy Jagger, together in May.

"He makes me a better person," says Kim. "I love everything about him."

The couple met at a charity function in 2010, during the filming of the third season of the hit Bravo reality series. Kim has two daughters, Brielle and Ariana, from a previous marriage. This is the first marriage for Kroy. Congratulations to the happy couple!

[From Life & Style]

Kim is bats–t crazy, but I still wish her well. I'm glad she found someone unmarried this time, and I'm glad she got her happy ending with a wedding and a baby (in no particular order). Kroy (Senior) doesn't seem all that bright, but he seems to like Kim and I have high hopes that they have a solid relationship. Did anyone else notice something sketchy about the ages, though? Just a few months ago, Kim was identifying herself as "32" (LOL). And now magically she's "34"? WTF. Maybe with the love of a good man, she will continue to raise her age until it gets closer to reality. Congrats to Kim, Kroy and Kroy.

By the way, ONTD says that Kim walked down the aisle in a second-hand dress that she paid $58,000 for. Bitch didn't even haggle - she just paid the listed price for a second-hand ("used") dress that is pretty ugly.

zolciak

zolciak6

zolciak5

zolciak2

Photos courtesy of ONTD, Life & Style.

Ashton Kutcher is “living in the bubble” & using Demi as a human shield

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 06:09 AM PST

wenn3163324

Last week, Ashton Kutcher stepped in a big pile of controversy when he tweeted his support for now-fired Joe Paterno, the coach at Penn State who chose bureaucracy over the well-being of sexually abused children. Ashton later deleted his tweets of support and offered a Twitter apology, and then he wrote a lengthy, whine-filled rant about why he initially supported Paterno, basically saying that at the time he hadn't heard anything about the Penn State scandal. Some of you pointed out that in his apologies and whines, he hadn't mentioned or made reference to his wife whatsoever, especially when he was discussing his "home". Where is he even living now? God knows. But Page Six claims that Demi was one of the reasons for the Twitter-controversy - because Ashton has been "living in the bubble" with work, and all of his free time is spent boning club girls and lying to his wife trying to fix his marriage.

Ashton Kutcher tripped up on Twitter over the Joe Paterno firing because he was "in a bubble" trying to save his marriage to Demi Moore and filming 'round the clock, say friends.

The "Two and a Half Men" star made himself a laughingstock when he tweeted his outrage over Penn State's firing of the legendary football coach — only learning from the furious response from his followers that Paterno had been axed over a child sexual-assault scandal involving a former assistant coach.

An embarrassed Kutcher deleted the original tweet, admitted he hadn't known the story behind Paterno's departure, and turned control of his feed over to his production company.

A source close to Ashton explained, "He's been in a bubble. He works 12-hour days, is trying to save his marriage and is involved in the management of close to a dozen Internet companies, so he didn't really know what he had done until it was too late. He feels terrible."

Meanwhile, Kutcher, 33, and Moore are carefully working through their problems in a bid to save their marriage following claims he romped with 23-year-old blonde Sara Leal in San Diego on his and Moore's sixth wedding anniversary in August.

A friend told us, "They both want to work things out. They are doing a lot of talking and Kabbalah counseling. Despite all that has happened, when it comes down to it, they both really love each other."

Moore looks thin and gaunt in recent pictures. The source told us, "It has been a painful time, but she's holding up. While there are problems, they both want to fix things. She and Ashton need each other."

Moore, who turned 49 yesterday, looked pale as she was photographed leaving a nail salon in West Hollywood on Thursday. But she was still wearing her wedding ring and engagement ring. Reps for Kutcher and Moore didn't get back to us last night.

[From Page Six]

Do you think Ashton and Demi "need" each other? I think that in Demi's mind, she does "need" Ashton. Like, she can't even think of her life without him, and she doesn't want to lose him. And that's sad, because she could have an awesome life without him. But does Ashton "need" Demi? I personally think he's using Demi as a human shield to deflect from his douche. He can say to the world, "I'm not so bad, because my wife is in the process of forgiving me." It's gross.

wenn35779661

wenn35628011

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Zoe Saldana split up with her fiancé: was Bradley Cooper involved?

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 05:43 AM PST

wenn5616607

Oooooh, I was right. I love it when that happens. Back in September, there were multiple reports that Zoe Saldana was maybe/probably getting it on with her costar at the time, Bradley Cooper. While I doubted the stories as they focused on Bradley, I did point out that it certainly appeared that Zoe was acting like a single girl, and that was probably bad news for her boyfriend/fiancé of 10 to 11 years, Keith Britton. Everyone was all, "You don't know! She's not a famewhore! She keeps her junk private!" But now Zoe and Keith have announced their split (to both People Mag and Us Weekly, whazzup privacy?), and I'm left wondering when they exactly called it quits. I bet it was two months ago, don't you? They haven't been photographed together since July, at least that was all I found.

For the first time in over a decade, Zoe Saldana is single. The Avatar star, 33, and fiance Keith Britton, 35, “have amicably separated after 11 years,” the actress’ rep tells Us Weekly.

“[They] remain committed business partners as co-founders of fashion resource MyFDB.com,” Saldana’s rep added. “Respect of their privacy is appreciated during this time.”

Saldana and her entrepreneur ex confirmed their engagement in June 2010. A source told Us at the time the actress was “thrilled,” adding, “They’ve been together forever. They’re a great couple.”

Another insider at the time told Us: “[Zoe] doesn’t even introduce him as her fiance. She will just say, ‘This is Keith.’ She likes to keep her personal life to herself and wants people to focus on her as an actress.”

[From Us Weekly]

"She likes to keep her personal life to herself and wants people to focus on her as an actress" = she wants to upgrade to someone in the industry who can help her career. That's how I read it. So, did Zoe bone Bradly Cooper? They played love interests in the film they were doing a few months ago, and I personally believe the stories of their hookups were just based on the photos from the set, of the two actors acting lovey in character. But God knows. Everyone claims Bradley is straight, and we know he likes super-skinny girls, so maybe he and Zoe had a thing. That would certainly be interesting.

wenn703737

wenn3604122

wenn5688211

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Megan Fox went out of her way to spend Veteran’s Day with veterans

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 04:44 AM PST

fp_8153777_fox_megan_lrr_14_25

Megan Fox did something surprisingly nice for Veteran's Day, which was Friday - she actually went out of her way to spend time with veterans. Seriously! Megan and her husband Brian Austin Green went to The Veterans’ Home of California - these are some photos from the visit. Considering that I can't see that any major female celebrity actually did a something nice for veterans on Veteran's Day, I have to say… good for Megan! That's really nice of her.

It's pretty smart too, if you want me to look beyond the face-value "that's nice" sentiment. Megan and her team are trying to ensure that she mixes up her image from surly, petty, foot-in-mouth chick to "supporting actress with a solid career who does good works". Oh, and there was a rumor going around that Megan and Brian were splitting up too, so two birds with one stone (or photo op).

Regardless of any ulterior motives, however, it was just really nice to visit with the retired soldiers. Well done, Megan. Also, well done on her appearance too - meaning her 2011 Face, which doesn't look tweaked into oblivion in these candid shots. She's also put on a little weight, which looks great on her. I feel like… she's trying to win me over? Maybe at some point. Here's hoping!

fp_8153765_fox_megan_lrr_02_25

fp_8153776_fox_megan_lrr_13_25

fp_8153770_fox_megan_lrr_07_25

fp_8153764_fox_megan_lrr_01_25

Photos courtesy of Fame.

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2011/11/celebitchy_13.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...