The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Trina Talks Busting Up The Male Dominated Rap Game In Miami New Times

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 09:11 AM PST

It's no secret we're Trina fans around these parts.  And she's looking fab on the new cover of Miami New Times magazine as part of their 30 MIAMI PEOPLE feature.

 

Check out her pics, plus what she had to say about breaking up the rap boys club, inside...

The curvy rapper hit the seen 12 years ago with her raunchy "Nan" track with her homie Trick Daddy.  And now at 32, Trina's still raunchy...but some type of way we're not even offended by it.  The "Red Bottom" rapper still has the strip club sound and raunchy lyrics, but we're loving her grown woman, anti-beef, sweet girl demeanor.

 

She donned a black sequined blazer over a black dress and her leopard Louboutin booties for her cover shoot.  So what's the baddest chick doing these days?  Running her own Pink Diamond Couture clothing line, managing the Diamond Doll Foundation (a mentoring program for teen girls), and prepping her sixth studio album.

On coming in and busting up the male dominated rap game in 1998

"Of course, rap was still a male-dominated game.  And I came into it around a bunch of guys like Trick Daddy and Rick Ross, who were just real strong dudes.  But coming up among men, you get that hardheadedness, that toughness about you. So I got the best of both worlds, because I had the guys there to give me the tough part, and then it was up to me to just keep my sexy going.  It kinda balanced out!

I wouldn't say I was considered an equal.  I was just a new chick who was fierce, bitchy, raw, sexy. And there was a lane for it.

I've worked with some of the greatest guys in the game, and they've always treated me with the same amount of respect, as if they were just working with another dude."

 

On her evolution in the rap game

"I was just growing.  Whether it was love, unhappy moments, fun, partying, hanging out with friends, traveling outside the country, all of my experiences were a part of my albums. Every time I did a record, I took it all into the studio."

 

On the female rap newcomers

"Now there are so many new, talented females coming up in the game.  And the ladies will have a lot to say in hip-hop. It's gonna be huge. Watch out."

Check ut the full interview over at Miami New Times.

Extras:

1.  Florida A&M's band has been suspended after a drum major died with suspicions of hazing.  Story

INSIDE Chris Brown's SWANKY NEW $1.5 Million Mansion!

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 07:57 AM PST

Chris Brown just dropped $1.5M on a swanky Hollywood mansion built on a hill.  A bachelor pad fit for an R&B comeback king.  See pics of the uber-fab crib inside.....

Thanks to a very successful comeback, Chris Brown just dropped $1.5M on this 2,473 sq. ft. Hollywood hillside mansion (though it looks like it's worth a lot more).


 

Complete with an outdoor pool, elevator and patio, this Jay Vanos-designed home boasts three bedrooms and three baths, a Crestron home automation system, state-of-the art audio and video security systems, and LED lighting displays throughout.

SIDEBAR:  Chris' new home is only 8 miles away from Rihanna's Bevery Hills mansion she's trying to sell.  But she never really moved into that place so....doubt they'll run into each other at Whole Foods.

 

Photos via Xposure.com

Nicki Minaj ANNOUNCES "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" As Next Album

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 07:21 AM PST


Nicki Minaj recently announced Valentine's Day 2012 as the release date for her next project.  Get deets on the album inside and find out how she'll be involved with the 54th annual Grammys....

With today being the one-year anniversary of Pink Friday's release, Nicki Minaj chose this occasion to announce her next project.

The American Music Awards winner added, "Its not called Roman Reloaded. Its called PINK FRIDAY : ROMAN RELOADED!!!!!! 4 WORDS!!!! Love u guys soooo much!!! VALENTINES DAY biittcchh!"

Although Nicki didn't say if the project would be a reissue of her debut with some new ish thrown in or a brand-new album, it's clear alter-ego Roman Zolanski will play a big role.

The rapper also tweeted that she just completed a video with David Guetta for their single "Turn Me On" off his Nothing But The Beat disc.  Probably will be a world-wide hit just like everything else David has put out lately. 

And in other Nicki news, she's been added to the lineup of celebs set to appear on “The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! — Countdown to Music’s Biggest Night.” She and Katy Perry will be presenting the nominations on November 30 at 10 p.m. EST. The pair will be joined by performers like Usher and Valerie Simpson, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Lupe Fiasco and Ludacris.

Kelly Rowland Taps Lance Gross...For Her New Video+T.I. Announces "Trouble Man" Album

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 06:31 AM PST

Kelly Rowland tapped his royal chocolateness, Lance Gross, for her upcoming video "Keep It Between Us."  A pic of the two on set in Paris, plus T.I.'s new album announcement, inside...

Kelly's still promo'ing her Here I Am album...here and there...stateside.  The "X-Factor" judge took advantage of being overseas for work and jetted over to Paris to shoot her new video for "Keep It Between Us." 

And she flew in her leading man for the occasion...Lance Gross.  And "The Marriage Counselor" actor (they just wrapped shooting a few days ago) has made it known for a while now he has a major crush on her.  Too bad he's currently taken.

Kel tweeted: "My leading man for #KeepItBetweenUs has arrived safely in Paris! Guess who it is!"  And then she posted a pic of the two on set.

Right after her tweet, Kelly was spotted out in the City of Lights:

Hey Kel!

By the way, Lance tweeted the new posted for his upcoming movie The Last Fall:

Nice.

And in other music news, T.I. just announced his 8th solo album.  It's called Trouble Man.  How fitting. 

He's told media that he's focusing on his music, not so much partying, after being released from prison for the second time this past September.  Meanwhile, he and wife Tiny's reality show "T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle" kicks off December 5th on VH1.

And The "DWTS" Winner Is...

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 08:47 PM PST

 

Tonight was the "Dancing With The Stars" finale.  Check out who won the coveted Mirror Ball trophy inside...

It's J.R. Martinez!  The war veteran/actor freestyled his way into yet another perfect score at Monday night's competition.  Then at Tuesday night's grand finale, with votes from the audience and the judges finally compiled, he was the clear Season 13 winner just as everyone predicted.

Rob Kardashian and partner Cheryl Burke came in 2nd.  And Ricki Lake and partner Derek Hough came in 3rd.

Check out his final freestyle to Kat Deluna's "Whine Up" with partner Karina Smirnoff below:

 

Congrats J.R.!!

Drake COVERS "JET" Magazine And DISHES On Respect And Credibility In The Rap Game

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 02:00 PM PST

Drake covers the latest issue of Jet Magazine where he opens up about why he earned "street cred" in the rap game and what the Take Care album represents to him. Deets inside....

In the latest issue of JET Magazine (on stands Nov. 28) Drake talks about his place among hip hop's elite and why he is so well-respected among his peers.  Here are the highlights:

On respect in the rap game

"I think that it's evident that I'm myself, and I think people respect me for that across the board, he says. I get respect from the guys who are respected for being real rapper's rappers. I get respect from women. I get respect from mothers, fathers and kids. It’s very humbling and flattering and incredible, and I’m honored to be in this position because I get to be myself. And I get a lot of love for it.”

On using his music as a time capsule

“Music is the only way that I can really vent and tell my story. It’s definitely personal. It’s definitely very vivid, detailed, and I feel it’s an incredible chapter of my life documented,” he says. “All these albums and mixtapes are just time markers for me. Pictures and social media are great, but I think the best way for me to remember real feelings that I’ve experienced is to make music about it.”

On what Take Care means to him

"So was he feeling a bit overwhelmed “Yeah, that’s just the mode I was in. I know the album isn’t the most energetic body of work in the world. I wanted people to be with me because my life isn’t just one big party. There are moments I have where I’m by myself, and it’s very reflective,” he says. “I have a desire to come back and do some more aggressive music, because I truly enjoy those anthems and those moments as well. But I think this album is a great balance.”

On moving on to the next album

“I think I’m very hard on myself.  I don’t really give myself too much time to be happy or celebrate. Like this album, I’m very proud of it. People are giving me great feedback, but at the same time, I’m sitting on my bus already listening to new beats. I’m trying to figure out what I could do better or what my next move is. I’m obsessed with getting better.”

By the way, Drizzy's new Take Care album released today is predicted to push 700,000 units this first week and come in at #1.  Rihanna is on par to move 200,000 units with her Talk That Talk album also released today.

Rihanna LAUNCHES New Denim/Underwear Collection For Armani

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 01:28 PM PST

Pop star Rihanna has just launched her first fashion line, a capsule collection with Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans. See the new collection inside....

Rihanna and the Emporio Armani Underwear/Armani Jeans teams have launched her first  fashion line, featuring denim and lingerie.

RiRi's collection will be available at select Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s locations and on Armani.com starting this month and features T-shirts bearing her R logo and Armani’s signature eagle, biker jackets, jeans in two different styles and sets of lace underwear.  

 

BONUS: 

Rihanna was featured on a recent episode of "Ellen" where she met Youtube sensations eight-year-old Sophia Grace and her five-year-old cousin Rosie. RiRi told tell

“I’m like a fan of you guys. Oh my gosh, I could just steal them.”

Malcolm-Jamal Warner & Tracee Ellis Ross COVER The December 2011 Issue Of "UPSCALE"

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 12:45 PM PST

Malcolm-Jamal Warner and Tracee Ellis Ross sat down with UPSCALE Magazine recently to talk about their new show "Reed Between The Lines." Find out what the duo said about their on-screen chemistry and how their new show compares to their old gigs inside....

In the latest issue of UPSCALE Magazine, veteran sitcom stars Malcolm-Jamal Warner and Tracee Ellis Ross dished about their new sitcom "Reed Between The Lines" and their hectic lives as stars AND producers of the show. Here are the highlights:

On their connection

TER: ...the first moment with him was so palpable. What I experienced was a side of myself, Tracee, that I had never experienced before...doing scenes with Malcolm does not feel like acting.

MW: if you're going to be joined at the hip, you want it to be with someone who shares the same vision and shares the same kind of integrity and values..it's probably one of the best non-physical love affairs that I've ever had.

On their dual roles as leads and producers of Reed Between The Lines

MW: There's just so much energy we put into the show as actors and producers that it's hard to focus, at least this first season, on anything but the show.

TER: My life is moving at 100 miles an hour. My job is to take it one deep breath and slow step at a time... TER

On Girlfriends and her character, Joan

TER:  I just loved that character. I'm so proud of what we did, and yet, I had such a peace when we were finished...

On Comparisons to Cosby

MJW: None of us is Bill Cosby, so we're not trying to recreate Cosby. What we are trying to recreate is the universality and the timelessness.

4 WEEKS OF HOLIDAY FAB! Enter WEEK 1 Of YBF's MARATHON OF GIVING!

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 12:02 PM PST

The beginning of TheYBF.com’s 4 week marathon holiday giveaway is here!  It's our FAVE time of year here at the YBF offices....so we're celebrating by giving YOU some of our fave ish we've seen this year every week till Christmas.

 

We're kicking off week 1 with some of our fave lingerie from one of our fave lines (especially great for the CGU chicks). Enter inside....

For Young Black and FABULOUS chicks looking for that perfect fit...we've teamed up with one of our fave brands, Lunaire, to give FIVE fab readers (1) lingerie set each from the collection of their choice!

My fellow CGU chicks (Curvy Girls United) will also love this.

Celebrity fave Lunaire offers "prettier" bras and panties from cups C to DDD! No longer do you need to keep it plain and nude.  Now we're keeping it SEXY.

Lunaire prides itself on developing the perfect fit and flawless shape for the woman with more than bee stings.  The line is available at FreshPair.com and Macy's.

To enter YBF's giveaway, submit your Name and Phone number to Giveaways@theybf.com. Put “Lunaire“ in the subject line.  Contest ends ends November 27th at midnight E/T.

*** All entries will be collected and used for future mailings.***

GOOD LUCK & Have a Young, Black, and Fabulous Holiday!

"RHOA" Husband Peter Thomas REVEALS His True Feelings About Apollo, Sheree and NeNe....AGAIN!

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 11:13 AM PST

 

Peter Thomas, the husband of "RHOA" star Cynthia Bailey is lashing out against his wife's co-stars...again...in a follow-up interview with "UPTOWN" Magazine.  See the highlights and get his opinions about episode three and what he really thinks about Apollo, Phaedra, NeNe and Sheree.

If Bravo ever creates a "Real Husbands Of Anytown, USA" I think we all agree Peter Thomas should be cast because he is good for bringing the drama.  The fiery Jamaican never minces his words and seems to have an opinion about everything and everyone (just the way we like our housewives!)

Now Peter is dishing to UPTOWN Magazine again (his first interview was a big part of Sunday night's episode) and he gives MORE thoughts on loving his wife...and what he thinks of her co-stars.

On clashing with Apollo:

What people see is what it is. I don’t really know Apollo. Apollo felt like he was defending his wife [regarding] the UPTOWN article that I did ..... the article wasn’t about them. The article was about how I felt about what my wife said and what people were saying about, you know, UPTOWN Restaurant and Lounge and that she gave me money to do it and I wanted to set the record straight by saying yes she made a contribution but I didn’t take her wallet to do it.

Related Posts with ThumbnailsThe real problem with Sheree:

She talks about everybody f****ed up all the time, especially my wife. She said my wife is spineless. She said my wife has no backbone. She said my wife follows around NeNe like some little puppy. She says a lot of really f****ed up things and my wife is too much of a classy chick to even go in on that so, when they ask me what I think, because me and my wife is one, I’m gone say how I feel. She thinks she’s cute but I don’t think she’s cute. If she thinks she’s cute, then that’s on her. It’s like when I watched [the show Sunday] night and she said ‘well, I know I’m cute’ and my answer was ‘really.’ It didn’t change how I feel. But all of that was at the top of the year. I just saw Sheree recently after the Soul Train Awards. She came through to bar One and maybe she forgave me or I forgave her. We don’t know. Let’s see what happens next.

About NeNe and her mouth:

When I say NeNe is loud, it’s because NeNe got a big ass mouth but I love her. I love her to death. I love her. She’s cool as hell. She’s the realest as far as I’m concerned.

About Kim and her mouth:

When I say Kim is crazy as hell, it’s because her mouth is so reckless. All kinds of s**t come out of her mouth. I don’t think they have ever shot Kim without beeping, without beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, because she talks crazy. That’s how she talks.

Why he loves his wife and other people can’t stand it:  

My wife is not just beautiful. She’s extremely beautiful. I’m not just talking about the exterior and what everybody sees. I’m talking about her make-up–her honesty, her softness, her caring ways. She’s an angel. I’m a lucky man. I’m the luckiest man on the planet. I will do nothing ever to disappoint her. I live for her. When a man and a woman say I do in front of God and family and friends they’re basically saying it’s a ride-or-die type situation. I’m old school so that’s the way I think and I believe that’s the way my wife thinks also. This is not for the moment. So, when people were saying they didn’t think we would last a year, we were actually laughing at them because they didn’t put this together; God put this together. It didn’t come together because of materialistic things. It came together because of how we truly feel for each other. We’re in love with each other and a lot of people hate that because they might not have that in their life. But guess what? That’s their f***ing problem.

Read the full article over at UPTOWN.

GOOD SEX Saves Robin Thicke & Paula Patton's Marriage+The Twosome Get Steamy In "Love After War"

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 10:10 AM PST

Six years and a baby won't slow down their sex life.  Robin Thicke reveals his key to keeping his marriage with wife Paula Patton in tact...is good sex.  Not mad at that.

 

Deets inside....

If you need to know the key to the perfect marriage in an era full of divorces, crooner Robin Thicke says his secret is simply good sex.  He and Paula are high school sweethearts so have been together a minute.  But the thirty somethings' hectic schedules barely allow time for them to spend some QT.

The "Sex Therapy" singer told Us Weekly at Sunday's AMAs:

"My wife is an actress, a mother, and a wife and I am a husband, a father and a singer so we haven't seen each other a lot the past couple of weeks," he continued. "We won't see each other a lot until Christmas and it's very difficult, but the only thing that gets us by is having great sex together. There is never enough [sex]. When it does happen, it goes on for hours."

"It's the only way to keep everything on par."

Sounds good to me.  And when asked if they're putting their bedroom practice to use to get baby #2, he said:

"Once you see what a woman goes through having a baby, you know what real compassion, understanding, patience is all about, so that's absolutely what the album is about.

"[Another baby] is not something we are planning on doing.  I think anybody who has two babies…God bless you!"

Check out Robin's latest vid "Love After War" off the album of the same name, starring his fave sex subject herself--Paula:

 

The album drops December 6th.

You have read this article with the title The Young, Black, and Fabulous. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2011/11/the-young-black-and-fabulous_23.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...