The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Teairra Mari Dishes On Her New "Love & Hip Hop" Castmates...And CRUSHING On Chris Brown

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 09:00 AM PST


 


"Sponsor" singer and upcoming star of Snoop and Wiz Khalifa's upcoming movie Mac & Devin Go To The High School, Teairra Mari popped up on this week's episode of "Love & Hip Hop."  During an exclusive interview with TheYBF.com, the singer/actress dishes on her co-stars, that sucker punch situation between her bestie Emily B. and Kimbella, her next album, and her celebrity crush on Chris Brown....

 

Teairra Mari, who's celebrating her 24th birthday this week, is expanding her profile and entering the reality television realm on VH1's "Love & Hip Hop."   And she has an interesting take about Kimbella, you know, the chick who cheated with her bestie Emily's man Fabolous.

During an exclusive chat with TheYBF.com, she dished on all her castmates and her next moves in the music game. Check it:

On her friendship with castmate Emily B.

"We met through mutual friends a few years ago and we just clicked. I have a small circle of good friends and she’s a part. We are such opposites so it levels out. I can be a bit of a firecracker and she brings a bit of calmness."

On the Kimbella drama from Monday night's episode when she brought Emily to Kim's party

"I didn't know it was Kimbella's party before I invited Emily to come with me.  But once I found out, I didn't think it was a big deal. Emily was over it…it's over now. Let the girl live."

On if she will become a regular castmate

"I have to see how the rest of this season plays out. [Sidebar: The ladies are still filming.] I’m not saying 'No" as of now.  I’d be open to it."

 

Her personal opinions on the other "Love & Hip Hop" chicks

"I've known Olivia over the years through the industry.  I like her...she is a tough cookie!

I love Chrissy. She’s like a big sister. She’s a very loving person. She has a hard side but she’s a sweet woman. She’s good at giving advice. That tough exterior can easily be cracked.

Emily, that’s my baby! She's a sweetie and so stylish. She’s also very encouraging. (SIDEBAR: Teairra says she indeed heard rumors that Fabolous and Emily are back together but she can't confirm because they haven't spoken on it recently.  Even though Em confirmed it a while ago to us.)

Yandy is a nice girl. I didn't really get a chance to get to know her, but I didn't have any issues with her.

Kimbella is a sweet girl and she’s misunderstood. She’s really likeable. I felt bad about judging her based on what I'd heard from the other girls.

I love Somaya. I have so much respect for her grind and ambition. She’s a go-getter."

On reality tv possibly having a negative affect on her career

"I would hope it has a positive impact.  My fans hear my music and they know my personality. Whether you hate it or love it, hopefully you can respect it.  I don’t know if being a reality star is what I want to do, but my friends and family tell me I am made for TV."

On folks hating on reality stars

"From my true supporters, I haven’t gotten negative feedback.  On all my songs, I’m like I am in real life. I’m feisty and I have potty-mouth.  But I am who I am. But I was nervous when considering if I am  making the right decision. But what do I have to lose?  This could be an opportunity for me and hopefully God will let me receive it." 

 

Details about her next album and new record deal

"I just signed a record deal with Rico Love. It’s really sexy bedroom music with a new jack swing. It’s the kind of music I wanted to do my whole career.  I sing it and I mean it. I know what I'm talking about at this point in my life.  My album will be finished in January and my fans can expect to hear a new single by the end of the month."

 

On her next career moves in the biz

I just shot a movie called Mac & Devin Go To The High School with Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dogg so I hope to get Wiz on the album and maybe Tyga.

On separating herself from other female singers

I’m not trying to do the pop-star songs. I grew up loving Jodeci and Mary J. Blige, so my music will be soulful songs with a funky edge.

On the celeb men she swoons over

Well, I like older men!  So I will say, Maxwell, Eric Benet, Tyson, and Snoop Dogg.  But I have to admit, I love me some Chris Brown!

 

Watch Teairra Mari and Emily B. discuss the Kimbella fight night on Monday night's "Love & Hip Hop" below:

 

Catch Teairra and the other "Love & Hip Hop" chicks Monday nights on VH1.

DO WE LOVE IT: Zoe Kravitz In Chanel At The 2011 Snowflake Ball

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 07:48 AM PST

Zoe Kravitz got into the Holiday spirit last night in NYC rocking a daring Chanel number for a UNICEF benefit.  Decide if we love her structured yet frilly gown inside.....

Last night, Zoe Kravitz attended the 2011 UNICEF Snowflake Ball at Cipriani's in NYC. 

 

As she posed with Matt Lauer, and Kevin Jonas, the 22-year-old actress turned heads in a black and white gown from the Chanel Fall/Winter 2011 collection by Chanel.  She kept her jewelry and makeup to a minimum giving the frilly gown, with its structured collar and sleeves, a clean and fresh look.  So.....

 

DO WE LOVE IT?

 

 

Photos via Wireimage/S Lovekin

Kyla Pratt Clears Up Rumors About Her Daughter Lyric & "Stripper" Boyfriend

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 06:51 AM PST

After Kyla Pratt revealed she had a 1 year old baby girl named Lyric on BET's "106 & Park" earlier this month, the rumor mill got to turning.  Now she's addressing the talk about her "stripper" baby's daddy and letting people know she was never ashamed of her pregnancy or her baby girl.

 

Check it inside, plus a pic of Baby Lyric...

Kyla's set to appear on the January 10th premiere and second season of "Let's Stay Together" on BET.  So she's getting some things out the way before her promo run.

The 25-year-old took to her tumblr account yesterday to dispel rumors about purposely hiding her pregnancy because of shame, and the rumors that her baby's father was a Cali stripper who recently became a tattoo artist in order to keep her name clean.

Kyla says her man/child's father, who also has a son, was never a stripper, but a choreographer of sorts.  And she says she never hid her pregnancy, she simply chose not to sell her story to blogs and paparazzi.  Here's her post in full:

Woke up this morning to some bullshit so i decided to blog about it.

I announced a little over a month ago that i have a one year old daughter named Lyric. Ever since then there has been mostly negativity thrown our way. This is something that i knew would happen so THAT is why i delayed the process of sharing my happiness with this lovely world. I did not HIDE. I was out doing everything i normally do. Please believe i was not in the house looking at the wall waiting for time to pass. Jus because i didn’t publicize my pregnancy or try to make money off of it doesnt mean i am not proud of my daughter or her Father.

While i was pregnant i didnt want to deal with any negativity. When you have a human being growing inside of you, they can feel every emotion you feel. i didnt know how i was going to react with my hormones going crazy. SO i decided, im not announcing anything. If someone catches a pic then so be it, but i was going to enjoy my pregnancy no matter what. I believe that is why my daughter is such a happy baby, because i didnt subject myself to this random blog bullshit during the happiest time of my life.

Now lets briefly discuss her father since he has been the subject people cant stop talking about. We have been together for a few years now. He has been a tattoo artist for about eight years and has been writing and producing music around the same. This whole he is a stripper and changed careers real quick so i wouldnt look crazy is some bullshit. Just like every man out here, he found a hustle that had nothing to do with selling drugs, robbing people, or anything where he would be put in jail. A lot of people make assumptions about a profession based solely off of one experience you have had or something you have seen on TV. The club he used to work at years ago for (2yrs) was basically a competition where guys would compete for the most attention by creating the hottest dance routines and music in L.a, that I now see all over the music biz and videos you all love. Some dancers were into the frilly costumes. and a other just wore jeans, bandanas chucks and a tank tops (mine). He never Strip down naked or to a thong. His image was and is Compton, Hood. My man/Daughters father, is a song writer, HipHop Artist and a Well-Known Tattoo Artist. And has been doing these things for years. And is making money to take care of his Son & his Daughter the legal way so he can be here to raise them. When he releases his Music and Art Work he has been doing i guarantee u, i wont have to say anything else.

I dont owe anyone an explanation about MY life. Just decided to set the record straight so people who think i CARE about their opinions will MAYBE give it a rest.

The past is the past & the future is the future, and its Here.

i love my daughter & i love her father. And would not change ANYTHING for ANYBODY

Thanks for listening.

I get the frustrations about people maybe misunderstanding the job your baby's daddy has or why you were never pictured pregnant or with a baby.  Most people don't realize the overwhelming majority of celebs pimp out their kids and families and call the paparazzi on themselves.  And it's actually not hard (for black celebs especially) to go under the radar from paps and gossip.  But once you do break your silence about something personal, you're also breaking the privacy seal.  Especially when you didn't provide clarificaton from the beginning-it leaves room for rumors and falsities.  Celebs getting mad about people talking about their situations that they've made public themselves just doesn't make sense. 

On that note, this new GQ interview from Daniel Craig caught my eye last night.  Brilliant.  And on another note (only since he's using them as an example), Kourtney Kardashian just announced today that she's 9 weeks pregnant with her and Scott Disick's second child.  Double sigh....

Kimora Lee Simmons COVERS "HARPER'S BAZAAR MALAYSIA"

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 06:04 AM PST

Kimora Lee Simmons didn't just give thanks for a beautiful family over the holidays, she also celebrated a FABULOUS photoshoot and cover for HARPER'S BAZAAR MALAYSIA. See the fab photos inside....

Kimora Lee Simmons covers the latest issue of HARPER'S BAZAAR MALAYSIA and the fab diva recently posted photos and outtakes from the shoot on her blog.

She said about the gorge shoot:

"The shoot was styled by superfab stylist Kenneth Goh and I had so much fun. The vibe was sooo fashion and it reminded me of shoots i did back when I first started modeling. Night shoots, loud music, rowdy (but ultra-skilled) crew – can’t beat it! Cant wait to show you all the final story with all images, but for now here is a taste.. What do you guys think?"

 

More pics of KiKi getting back to her model behavior:

WORK.

Well obviously we think the pics are FAB Kimora.

OUT & ABOUT: Alicia Keys & Bono, Serena Williams, Lala, & Gabby Union

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 11:04 PM PST

Serena Williams stepped out looking red hot in her fitted dress for Tuesday night's 25th Annual Footwear News Achievement Awards. 

 

We've got pics of the tennis champ sexing up her athletic curves, plus Gabby Union, Alicia Keys, and LaLa Anthony all out and about inside......

Hot to trot!  Serena rocked her curve hugging cap sleeved red dress to last night's Footwear News Achievement Awards at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC.

The awards are all about which shoe designers are breaking away from the pack to make their own marks.  Eleven executives, companies, retailers, brands and designers, and three Hall of Fame inductees, were honored at the invitation-only cocktail reception and awards presentation.  And fashion lover Serena showed off her fancy gold slingback bowtie detail footwork for the occasion.

She looked great for her arrival pics.
 

Elsewhere in NYC last night, Alicia Keys screened the upcoming documentary coming on Showtime called "Keep A Child Alive with Alicia Keys," which will be all about her multi-million dollar charity she started for children all around the world living with AIDS:

Her friend Bono came out to the Tribeca Grand Hotel to support.  The documentary tells the story of five Americans who win the chance to travel to South Africa with their favorite music superstar, Alicia, as she visited "Keep a Child Alive"-funded sites in Johannesburg and Durban. In the heady atmosphere of the first World Cup on African soil, the five winners are overwhelmed by the sorrow they encounter and the incredible beauty of the people they meet. With Alicia as their guide, they are transported from lives of plenty to lives interrupted.

She looks great.  The show airs tomorrow night at 9p ET.

 

Down in Miami, Gabby stepped outside her usual little black dresses and opted for this hot pink number that did wonders against her skin:

The gorgeous chick--who's looking younger by the day--hit up the Dior Pop-Up Shop on Tuesday featuring Anselm Reyle For Dior.

And she brought her fellow basketball S.O. Adrienne Bosh along.  She must only be a few months along with the pregnancy because she's barely showing.

And back in NY, LaLa Anthony moderated the Q/A session at former Essence Magazine Beauty Editor Mkiki Taylor's book signing at Barnes & Nobles for her latest book "Commander in Chic: Every Woman's Guide to Managing Her Style Like a First Lady":


 

You feelin' La's look?

VIDEOS: Nicki Minaj, Kanye & Jay-Z's Victoria's Secret Show Performances

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 08:59 PM PST

Hip Hop ruled the night at the 2011 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.  Check out the fun runway performances that aired Tuesday tonight from Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, and Jay-Z inside, in case you missed it...

Kanye rocked out sans Jay with "Stronger" during the super hero runway set.  I wonder how many models he took home after thre taping. 

Then he joined his Throne partner for "Ni**as In Paris" later in the show:

Check out Beyonce mouthing the words and semi-dancing in the audience. Cute!

And Nicki Minaj was the last performer of the night (Maroon 5 also performed) and she did the 80's inspired runway set to "Superbass." And is it just me or was she eyeing these models extra hard...

Check out all the pics from the show HERE.

Zoe Saldana And Her Sisters In "W" Magazine + Paula Patton COVERS "JEZEBEL" Magazine

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 03:38 PM PST

Zoe Saldana is featured in this month's "W" Magazine with her sisters Mariel and Cisley in an article called "Soul Sisters" See the gorgeous pic inside and also see Paula Patton on the cover of "JEZEBEL" Magazine........

Zoe Saldana is joined by her beautiful sisters Mariel and Cisley in a "W" article called Soul Sisters about the sisterly bonds between the women. In the article that accompanies the feature the sister discuss how close they are and how they have to live near each other......

“Because we’ve had to survive so many things, there’s this special bond that connects us,” says actress Zoë Saldana (center), 33 of her sisters Cisely (left), 32, a producer, and Mariel (right), 34, a nurse.

We were raised in Queens, New York, until my father passed away when I was 9. Our mom, being a single parent, didn’t want us to grow up in a dangerous place, so she moved us to the Dominican Republic, where we stayed with my grandparents. Our mom would live with us there for one year and then spend one year in New York so she could make money to send back home for us. It’s inconceivable for us to be separated. We have to be around each other 24/7.”

And she’s not speaking metaphorically: When Zoë moved to L.A. from New York five years ago to pursue her film career (Avatar, Star Trek), her sisters quickly followed her. These days, they live within nine miles of each other. “I’ll text my mom once a day,” says Zoë. “But my sisters? Every 30 minutes we’re on BlackBerry Messenger.”

Nice pic of the ladies....

 

Also on magazine racks.......

 

Paula Patton covers "JEZEBEL" Magazine where she dishes on her role in the upcoming fourth Mission Impossible movie.

 

On seeing her current movie Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, for the first time:

“I just got to see the movie finally, a week ago, and I was blown away.  It is very gritty and, somehow, the most impossible seems possible in the coolest way.”

On getting the coveted role opposite Tom Cruise:

“The truth is that I really didn’t think that I was going to get it. I remember them calling me and asking me to come in and read for the director, and I was like, ‘Come on, guys, don’t waste my time!’”

On dreams of being an actress:

I’ve always wanted to be an actress, since I was a little girl; I went to a performing arts high school, but then I got sidetracked and decided that maybe I wanted to be a filmmaker.”

Loves the pics.

EXTRAS:

 

Sadly, the world lost a VERY funny man earlier today when comedian Patrice O'Neal, 41, passed away.  He was known as the host of Web Junk 2.0, stand-up cmedy, and several tv sitcoms.  Friends are saying that Patrice died as a result of complications stemming from a stroke he suffered back in October.  He will be missed.

 

TOO SOON!? When SHOULD A Single Mom Introduce Her Kids To Her New Man?

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 01:00 PM PST


Over the holidays, Jennifer Lopez was spotted in Hawaii with her twins Max and Emme AND her new boy-toy, 24-year-old Casper Smart. Now that Casper is joining the whole family on trips, it has folks asking if she should have introduced her youngins to her new man so soon? Speak on it inside....

No one would expect a hot single mom to remain single forever.  But moving on just months after a divorce...with a backup dancer half your age...and you're introducing him to your kids 15 minutes later?  It does beg the question.

42-year-old Jennifer Lopez was spotted with her new boy toy of the moment, Casper Smart, in Hawaii this Thanksgiving.  And he was seen playing with her kids Max and Emme on the beach yesterday.  Given, he probably already knew the kids somewhat simply because Jenny probably brought them to work a time or two.  But....vacationing with them?  Hmmm...

Clearly "moving on" worked for Kimora Lee Simmons whose blended family is like the "standard" most would probably like if they were in that situation.

And introducing the kiddie early also worked for Halle Berry, whose new beau Olivier Martinez seems in awe of little Nahla. But still...some folks are questioning why J. Lo took her new man on holiday with her and the twins and other family members for Thanksgiving. How soon is too soon?

Relationship expert Sandy Weiner says it's hard to put a "time" on how soon is too soon, but adds that before you introduce someone into your kids life, it should be someone you are serious about and who is a "...steady presence in your life."

She also says,

In my opinion, a more casual relationship should be kept out of your kids’ lives. Period. Your children don’t need to form attachments to men who won’t stick around. If you have shared custody with your ex-spouse, there are plenty of opportunities to date when you’re not with your kids. I highly recommend beginning any relationship that way. The last thing your kids need, on top of the emotional turmoil of a divorce, is the complication of their involvement and attachment (or friction) with the new man in your life. If you are very serious about this relationship, you’re going to want to slowly integrate him into your children’s lives.

 

So what do you think?  Is it ok to introduce a brand new man into your kids life only MONTHS after you've left their father?  SPEAK ON IT.....

 

Rocsi Diaz DISCUSSES Being Sexually Harassed By Webbie

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 12:01 PM PST

We told you earlier about Webbie lashing out at BET and Rocsi Diaz, saying he had been banned for making lewd comments towards her.  And now Rocsi is speaking out about the incident. Find out what she had to say inside....

Rocsi Diaz recently sat down with Peter Bailey of NBC's Nitecap to talk about the whole Webbie incident that went down on 106 & Park a few months ago.

When Webbie made comments about certain parts of his body in connection to host Rocsi, she refused to be subjected to his vulgar and lewd coments.  She added that she has no problem sticking up for herself and women should speak up about "persons" getting out of hand and being inappropriate.

"He disrespected me....and the network would not allow anyone to disrespect their hosts in that manner.  I hope that he understands it.  It was a very upsetting incident."

Watch the Rocsi talk about the incident at 5:13 here:

Tameka Raymond's Lawyer Says She's ONLY Fighting For Her Children's Safety, Says Usher LIED In Custody Petition!

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 10:33 AM PST

After news broke this morning that Tameka Raymond filed a petition against her ex-husband Usher for custody and more child support, there's more to the story.

 

Tameka's lawyer issued a statement to TheYBF.com inside...

Lisa West, legal counsel for Tameka Raymond, tells TheYBF.com that Tameka's filing was not a ploy for custody and more money, it was simply a response to USHER'S own initial request for (more) custody from this past January.

West defends Tameka's decision to protect her children from being shuffled around the world on a constant basis.  She speaks on Tameka fighting for her children's stability saying, "Ms. Raymond desires nothing more than for Mr. Raymond to have a relationship and spend quality time with their two children as consistently as possible. She, however, has never been willing to sacrifice their children's safety and welfare in her efforts to forge such a relationship and has vigorously fought to ensure the children are reared in a stable home environment."

West goes on to say the recent news of Tameka's filing was part of Usher's retaliation efforts. All because Tameka demanded to see her children--which Usher prevented her from doing--during the Holidays last year and other times.

The statement to TheYBF.com continues:

Unfortunately, Ms. Raymond's efforts have caused her to be subjected to repeated instances of retaliation by Mr. Raymond, most especially when she has expressed concerns over his lifestyle and its effects upon their children. Although Mr. Raymond's actions of refusing to abide by the child support provisions and financial terms of the divorce decree are instances of his retaliation against Ms. Raymond, the most evident instance was the custody petition he filed in January 2011 after she refused to allow their 2- and 3-year-old children to accompany him on his tour to Germany and other parts of the world.

And before you're quick to believe everything Mr. Raymond says, Tameka's counsel says most of his petition was made up of lies in order to gain custody of the kids himself:

Although media reports have failed to mention the fabricated claims in Mr. Raymond's petition to which Ms. Raymond was responding, those who actually know them both know the truth. While Mr. Raymond has chosen to fight this battle in the public, Ms. Raymond's interests lie in fighting only for the best interests of her children.

Details developing....

You have read this article with the title The Young, Black, and Fabulous. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2011/11/the-young-black-and-fabulous.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...