The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Carmelo Anthony & Chris Paul Added To President Obama's Basketball Fundraiser + President Obama's Letter To Heavy D's Family

Posted: 19 Nov 2011 07:36 AM PST

 

President Barack Obama has recruited some NBA heavyweights to help him raise some much needed campaign funds. Find out who will be joining Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul on the court and read the letter the President and First Lady sent to Heavy D's family inside....

 

The White House has announced that President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign (Obama Victory Fund) will host more than two dozen NBA players for a fundraising basketball game next month. Among those slated to appear are Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks, Ray Allen of the Boston Celtics, Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant, New Orleans Hornets guard Chris Paul and Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard.

Dubbed the "Obama Classic Basketball Game,” the event will be held on Dec. 12 in Washington and tickets will range from $100 to $5,000 for courtside seats.  Love this fundraiser!

 

In other White House news....

 

President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama made their presence known at the homecoming services of hip hop icon Heavy D this week.  The First Couple sent a letter to the family. The letter was read by Heavy D's 11-year-old daughter, Xea Myers, and said, in part,

"We extend our heartfelt condolences at this difficult time. He will be remembered for his infectious optimism and many contributions to American music. Please know that you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers."

And in a very touching moment, Xea added that her father "was still here, not in the flesh, but in the spirit."

After the services, Usher said,

"Silently he's been influential in a lot of our careers.  His love still lives on."

And Diddy added,

"He became my friend. He became my brother, and I'm not talking about friend-brother like we cavalierly use the word, I'm talking about a real friend, a real brother.  Somebody I shared my dreams and my secrets with, somebody that's been there for me at my lowest point, my darkest hour when nobody wanted to be beside me."

"The Overweight Lover" will indeed be missed.

 

Katt Williams Has LOST CUSTODY Of His 8-Year-Old Daughter!

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 05:38 PM PST

It's no laughing matter at the home of comedian Katt Williams. It's being reported that he recently lost custody of his 8-year-old adopted daughter Leanne. Deets inside...

Legal and family woes continue to mount for Katt Williams.  Unfortunately, TMZ has obtained court documents that show he has lost custody of one of his children.

A family court recently awarded Crystal McGhee custody of their 8-year-old adopted daughter, Leanne. For the record, it's not clear if Katt and Crystal ever married.

But for now, Crystal has sole legal and physical custody of Leanne and Katt has visitation rights on alternate weekends.

Katt has not spoken out about the custody battle and there's been no mention of his other adopted kids (he has seven).

INTERVIEW FAB: Steve Stoute And Pharrell DISCUSS His Impact On Louis Vuitton Sales

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 04:38 PM PST

Steve Stoute sat down with taste maker Pharrell recently as a part of "The Tanning Effect" interview series and you'll be interested to know how Pharrell has had an impact on the global sales of Louis Vuitton. Get the deets inside.....

What's most interesting about Steve Stoute's "The Tanning Effect" interview series is that it complete debunks any myths that hip hop is not a global force that changes, moves and shapes pop culture.

In the latest series of videos, he speaks to rapper Pharrell. Among the gems, we discover that Pharrell was the motivation for Louis Vuitton to get into the sunglasses business.

It's interesting to see how an artist vision of a certain type of lifestyle (e.g. Louis Vuitton’s classic “MILLIONAIRE” sunglasses) translates into an actual product and big money sales.

The series clearly shows that world would be a much darker, boring place without hip hop.

Watch part 1 of the interview here:

 

Watch part 2 here:

 

Watch part 3 here:

SNEAK PEEK: NeNe Leakes TOASTS Her New MISS MOSCATO With Anderson Cooper, Claims She DOESN'T LIKE Being Well-Known

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 12:16 PM PST

NeNe Leakes is all about her products these days.  She hit the "Anderson" show recently to tape an upcoming episode with host Anderson Cooper--her biggest stan--about her new moscato, claiming she "doesn't like" being well known, and more.

 

Check out all the preview clips inside...

Anderson is learning about the hottest holiday trends with “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star, NeNe Leakes.  NeNe is appearing on an upcoming episode of "Anderson" to dish on her ongoing feud with Kim Zolciak, her catfight with Sheree Whitfield and reveals her new wine--Miss Moscato (that her business partner went to Italy to make).

ANDERSON: So, I see you. You asked that there be wine out here?
NENE: Yes, I have my own Moscato. You know I love wine, I have my own Moscato called Miss Moscato.
ANDERSON: You have your own brand of wine?
NENE: Yes, and I know Hugh Jackman brought you coffee, so I brought wine. So I have to up him a little bit.
ANDERSON: So are you out in the vineyards squeezing grapes?
NENE: My business partner went. He went to Italy to the vineyards, and I stayed here and worked on the "Real Housewives of Atlanta."
ANDERSON: It's a sparkling wine.
NENE: It is. It's a sparkling wine.
ANDERSON: Huh-uh.
NENE: Oh. Wait just one second here. Here's to your new show. All the best.
ANDERSON: Wow, very nice.

NeNe went on about not loving her new celebrity status.  And claims she doesn't hang out--despite us seeing her on at least a few red carpets ever week while not taping.

ANDERSON: Do you love being well known? Do you love being recognized?
NENE: No, I don't.
ANDERSON: Oh, comeon.
NENE: No, honestly, I don't.
ANDERSON: Really?
NENE: I do not, I'm very, very private.
ANDERSON: Wait a minute, you're private, but you're on the "Real Housewives of Atlanta." You have cameras following you all the time.
NENE: I had no idea being on the housewives show we were going to blow the way we did. I shot the pilot for the show. I was the first housewife in, just so you know. And we had no idea. We had no idea it was going to be the hit that it is.
ANDERSON: The show had been on before. So you knew it was going to be popular.
NENE: No, I never saw those Orange County girls anywhere. I saw their show, and they were on television.
ANDERSON: So how is it different than you thought it was going to be?
NENE: I'm very private. I do not like people digging into my personal life. If you were with me in a day-to-day situation, I don't hang out. I'm a real homebody. I don't like people digging into my personal life.

 

Anderson brought up the drunk dialing situation that happened with him and NeNe before they ever met.

ANDERSON: So we've only met once before, but long before I actually met NeNe I had watched her obviously on Real Housewives and early on I feel I was one of the first to identify you as a breakout star that you've become.
NENE: You did, and I am.
ANDERSON: I know. It's how modest you are which is really what I love. So I'm doing a newscast one night I look down and I don't recognize the number. I don't pick it up. During commercial break I check it, it's Nene Leaks drunk dialing me from the back of the limo yelling don't be tardy to the party. You're like don't be tardy to the party. And what was that about?
NENE: I was hanging out with my friend over at Bravo, Andy Cohen.
ANDERSON: And he has my number. *eyebrows raised*
NENE: Yes, he has your number. And he said let's call him up. We had been out drinking and we called you up. You loved it, didn't you?
ANDERSON: I felt like you had been out for a long time. It was late in the evening. It was on the downward part of the evening.
NENE: It was. We had a good time.
ANDERSON: That's good.

And she talked more ish about castmate Sheree. Of course.

The full episode airs Monday, November 21st. Check your local listings.

Newly Single Vivica Fox Spotted Ringless In Miami...And Having Dinner With Dallas Maverick Shawn Marion?!

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 11:34 AM PST

Vivica Fox stepped out in Miami last night looking fab for a luxe dinner at Prime 112 with friends.  And she wasn't alone.  Now that she's recently called off the engagement to Slimm, chick is free to do as she pleases.  Like wine and dine with a certain NBA champ.

 

Deets inside...

The ringless Viv looked great for her night out in this black shimmering mini dress and black tuxedo jacket, all topped off with the hot new purple and blue Marlene shoe from Jimmy Choo.  Since the actress is in the MIA to raise money and awareness for the Best Buddies Gala tonight, she and a few male friends spent last night hitting the steakhouse for some dinner.

One of the friends, we're told, was 33-year-old Dallas Mavericks star baller Shawn Marion...who is newly blonde.  He's shooting his own reality show these days so this little private dinner may just end up real public.
 

Get it Aunt Viv...

PHOTO CREDIT: AJ Shorter

Jill Scott, Joe & Marsha Ambrosius Hop On The SOUL TRAIN After Party

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 10:30 AM PST

Last night, tons at celebs hit Atlanta hot spot, Bar One, after the 2011 Soul Train Awards.   See pics of Jill Scott, Marsha Ambrosius, Joe, and Sheree Whitfield, and more among those partying inside....

Last night, Sheree Whitfield and other folks partied at Bar One in Atlanta for the 2011 Soul Train after party.

After the show, "RHOA" star Sheree posed with R&B songstress Lalah Hathaway and Naughty-By-Nature's Treach.

BET's Stephen Hill also posed with Lalah.

Marsha Ambrosius broke out a cute leopard top while Jill Scott looked cute in the background.

And "BBW" star Tami Roman wore a python-printed blouse and posed with Syleena Johnson and Nicci Gilbert.

Then Syleena partied with Joe, who was looking nice.

Famed photographer Derek Blanks was in the house.

And who would have thought that NBA legend Julius "DR J" Erving carried a man bag?

Cynthia Bailey looked pretty nice with her casual look as she posed with Syleena and Nicci.

Meanwhile, her husband Peter posed with Kedar Massenburg.

DJ E Class partied with Anthony David while he kept the party moving.

The Awards don't air on CENTRIC and BET in a special simulcast (9:00 PM ET) until Sunday, November 27.   But you can get a sneak peek of what went down on stage and in the audience last night in the photo gallery below....

  

Photos via Chris MItchell/CME 3000

SERIOUSLY!? Shaq SAYS He Only RESPECTFULLY Cheated On Shaunie O'Neal!

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 09:35 AM PST

If there is a way to respectfully and tastefully break someone's heart....Shaquille O'Neal has the answer.  In his memoir, the star admits to cheating on ex-wife Shaunie O'Neal, but adds, he was never "disrespectful."  Deets inside.....

In his new memoir Shaq Uncut: My Story (hitting shelves next Tuesday), NBA icon Shaquille O'Neal admits he was the reason for the demise of his marriage to Shaunie O'Neal.  (shocker) He also admits to sleeping with multiple women, even though he didn't name names, during the marriage....but he did it tastefully.

"At one time my ex-wife Shaunie and I were happy, but I admit it--I was a guy. I was a guy with too many options. Choosing to be with some of those women, well, that's on me. In my mind, I never did it disrespectfully, but obviously I shouldn't have done it all."

I would love more details on how it wasn't "disrespectful."  Maybe he only gave the side-chicks his GO-PHONE number and didn't let them spend the night?

Nevertheless, he adds that he's matured now and he's learning to be a better partner.  Well that's good news for Hoopz I guess...

"You know as well as I do relationships are about maintaining... It wasn't the big stuff, it was the small stuff, and that's my fault. I had things to do. I was trying to win, trying to make some money. I admit I wasn't the best partner. I just didn't know how. I'm learning now."

Isn't that always the case....Shaunie puts in the work but Nikki "Hoopz" Alexander gets him after he's all "grown out" of his cheating ways.  Sigh....

 

 

You have read this article with the title The Young, Black, and Fabulous. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2011/11/the-young-black-and-fabulous_19.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...