Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Khloe Kardashian is the best because she’s probably not even a Kardashian

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 08:53 AM PST

wenn3609066

These are some new photos of Khloe Kardashian at last night's Hollywood Style Awards. To go to a style event dressed like a goth princess? Ugh. And I like black! A lot. But this much black screams "I'm in 11th grade, I love candles and I'm totally Wiccan." It's not flattering on Khloe's statuesque frame.

I know we do a lot of bitching about the Kardashians around here, but Khloe is consistently my favorite. CB just gave me a really great idea for why I like her so much - Khloe might not even really be a "Kardashian". You see, as Khloe's mom Kris Jenner promotes her new book, Kris is talking about the affair she had when she was 30 years old, 26 years ago. Now, Khloe is 27. Could it be that Kris is admitting the affair but fudging the dates? You have to admit - Khloe doesn't really look like her sisters. And she's taller and she has a completely different kind of body type. So, what happened there?

In her memoir Kris Jenner and All Things Kardashian which has just been released, Kris Jenner admits that it was an affair on her part that led to a divorce from Robert Kardashian, father of Khloe, Kourtney and Kim Kardashian.

Jenner wrote: “His name was Ryan, and he was a producer.”

Jenner was 30, she said, when she cheated on her ex-husband and the father of three of her daughters. “I don’t know why I was having a mid-life crisis at 30, but I was.” Kris (short for Kristen) had been with Rob Kardashian since she was 18.

In an effort to explain why she had an affair, Jenner said, “[I was] probably just really naive and stupid and restless and didn’t realize that marriage has its ups and downs.”

In the end, life went on for Kris who later married Olympic athlete Bruce Jenner, who she also shares children (Kendall, Kylie and Brody) with. For those who look on the bright side of things, if Kris Jenner had not had the affair, she and Robert might not have divorced and Kendall, Kylie and Brody might not have ever been born.

Even so, Kris Jenner told Jay Leno, “It’s probably the biggest regret of my life that I ended up having an affair. Someone once told me that it’s like a roller-coaster, just ride it out. But I wasn’t really old enough to hear those words.”

[From Gather Celebs]

It sounds like Kris is only admitting the part of the affair in which she got caught - she says that Robert Kardashian was having her followed by a private detective, and after Robert found out about the affair, he divorced her. I wonder what made Robert suspicious? Maybe he wondered about Khloe's paternity as well?

Another reason to like Khloe most of all: according to the tabloids, she now kind of hates her sister Kim and their mother:

The Kardashians are about to hold a "series of crisis meetings," over Kim Kardashian's choice to file for divorce on Oct. 31 after just 72 days of marriage to Kris Humphries, says a new report from In Touch magazine.

"The family has split into two camps since the divorce – Kim and her mom versus the rest of the family, who are really angry at her," an insider tells In Touch magazine.

"Encouraged by her mom, Kris, Kim has become a fame-addicted, money-hungry monster. She has lost touch with reality."

A source reveals that Khloe is "seething" over Kim's actions — and while in Australia, the sisters got into a battle in a bathroom.

"Khloe was mad because Kim was trying to look sad [about her divorce]," describes onlooker Hannah Smith. "She was telling Kim that people would see right through it, and Kim was only making things worse." Kim and Khloe got so nasty to each other that they were "swearing at each other." Kim stormed out of the room after getting totally worked up.

Then at the airport when Kim, Khloe and Lamar were heading home from Australia, Khloe and Lamar ignored Kim as she tried to wheel her luggage. "It was as if they didn't even know her," notes a witness.

[From Hollywood Life]

Hahaha. Khloe ignoring Kim? Khloe yelling at her mom? Excellent progress. Khloe now needs to drop the "Kardashian" from her name. Maybe she should just take her husband's name? Khloe Odom. That's not bad.

wenn3608963

wenn3609084

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Miranda Kerr can’t contain baby Flynn’s adorableness in NYC

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 08:39 AM PST

wenn5754472

Miranda Kerr and my favorite celebrity baby, Flynn Kerr-Bloom, were out and about in NYC over the weekend. I seriously love this baby. He's adorable, and he's always so smiley and happy. He must be the most easy-going kid in the world. Judging from the photos, I think when Miranda put him in his stroller, she tried to cover him up with her leopard-print blanket, but Flynn lifted it up so he could smile and wave at the paparazzi. Because this kid's already a star.

Previously, I've heard some people say that Flynn looks like his dad, but before these photos, I didn't really see Orlando Bloom in him at all. Now I do - he really does look like Orly when he smiles. So cute.

Also - did you know that Flynn is an American citizen? He was born here. I thought it was because Miranda and Orly had just decided to split the difference between England and Australia, but Miranda claims in a new interview that they're still deciding where they want to live:

Miranda Kerr admits it will be “hard” to decide where she raises her family. The Australian model has a 10-month-old son, Flynn, with British husband Orlando Bloom, and while they are happy to travel the world while the American-born tot is young, she knows they will have to eventually pick a country to settle down in.

She said: “When Orlando is working, I make sure I’m not working. So whenever he has to go to New Zealand, where he’s currently filming ‘The Hobbit’, Flynn and I go with him, too. Then, when I’m working, he makes sure he’s off — so there’s always at least one of us with Flynn."

“It’s great that we have these few years when we can travel before Flynn has to go to school. I don’t know yet where I’d like him to go to school, though. It’s going to be hard to choose — he has three passports: British, Australian and American. ‘Officially’ he’s American, which both of us find amazing.”

However, Miranda, 28, knows where she wants to spend Flynn’s first Christmas — in her native Australia.

Miranda — who has homes in Australia, England and the U.S. — told Britain’s HELLO! magazine: “I manage to get back to Australia at least a couple of times a year to see my family. I’m hoping the three of us will be able to spend Flynn’s first Christmas there. Orlando and I are just trying to work out our schedules right now.”

[From CTV]

Ah, to be jet-set and to have a baby with three passports. Yikes. Just settle in America. We love dimples.

wenn5754466

wenn5754465

wenn5754468

wenn5754481

wenn5754475

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Brad Pitt will quit acting in “three years” when he’s 50 years old

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 08:16 AM PST

brad1

Go ahead and yell at me, but I think as the years go on, Brad Pitt has become a fine actor. Not the world's greatest or anything, but he's turned into one of the most interesting and talented actors of his generation, and one of the most underrated. When he was younger, he was simply "watchable" - you liked his movies because he was pretty and a romantic hero and because of his amazing body. But like his career mentor and friend Robert Redford, Brad has lost his "prettiness" as he ages, and he's gained some talent through the years. Now I watch in films because he simply turns in great, interesting performances in underrated films. Did I mention how much I liked him in Moneyball? He was wonderful in that.

So now that I'm a late-in-(his)-life Brad Pitt Fan, I found this news disappointing. While being interviewed for an Australian show, Brad claimed that he's going to quit acting in three years' time - when he's 50. Noooooo.

Brad Pitt says he will quit acting in three years - when he turns 50. The 47-year-old star made the revelation to Australian chat show, 60 Minutes. He said he might move behind the camera when he steps out of the limelight but his days as a leading man are numbered.

Asked how long he would continue to act, he told the show: ‘Three years.’

When challenged as to what he would do afterwards, he joked: ‘Hell if I know!’ But he then said: ‘I’ve really enjoyed the producerial [sic] side and getting stories to the plate that may have had a harder time otherwise.’

The star also said happiness is overrated and being at peace was a more realistic aim. He explained: ‘I think happiness is overrated. Sometimes you’re happy, sometimes you’re not. There’s too much pressure to be happy. I don’t give a s**t. I know I will be happy sometimes and I won’t be at times. Being at peace is more of a goal for myself.’

He also said he once found fame ‘discombobulating’.

And he doesn’t know if he and partner Angelina Jolie will add to their six children.

‘I don’t know that we’re finished yet, I don’t know yet,’ he said.

Brad was interviewed in Tokyo for the show. He was there promoting his new movie, Moneyball.

[From The Mail]

“Producerial”? Well, he's a better actor, but he's still kind of dense. Part of me thinks that both Brad and Angelina just do the whole "I'm quitting this bitch" thing in interviews for extra headlines and as an idle threat so that we will enjoy our time with them even more. Or maybe they really do intend to quit. Meh. Angelina and Brad both have lots of projects lined up in various stages of pre-production, so I doubt they'll be quitting any time soon.

Oh, and I'm starting to get the feeling that Brad is broody for another baby and Angelina is the one who is like, "Meh, six is enough."

wenn5717178

wenn5717674

wenn3523337

Photos courtesy of Reuters, Fame.

Meryl Streep as Thatcher in ‘The Iron Lady’ trailer: excellent or ridiculous?

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 07:43 AM PST

meryl_streep_1_wenn3609505

Here are some new photos of Meryl Streep in London, unveiling the poster campaign for her new film, The Iron Lady, in which she plays Margaret Thatcher, former prime minister for the UK. Initially, I was jazzed about the idea of Meryl playing Maggie, but when the first clip of the film was released, I was slightly underwhelmed. Now the first official trailer is out and… is it supposed to be a comedy? Because I chuckled when Thatcher is all "WE'RE GOING TO WAR" and she's talking about the Falkland Islands. No disrespect to veterans of the Falkland War, but it's not like Thatcher was dropping into Berlin to take down Hitler. Meryl also did a long interview with The Mail, which you can read here. Here's the trailer:

What I like about the trailer:

*LOVE Jim Broadbent at Dennis Thatcher. That's a perfect fit.

*Love Meryl in general, and I think her accent work sounds pretty good (to my American ears).

*Love the "woman's touches" like talking to her advisors while she's being sewn into her dress.

*Love that they seem to be showing SOME of the reality of what a controversial and sometimes despised leader Thatcher really was among her own people.

What I dislike:

*The "makeover" scenes feel like they're straight out of a Kate Hudson movie.

*The political climate was harrowing and difficult (Cold War, IRA, recession, the first Gulf War), and this looks very glossed over.

*The music is weird.

meryl_streep_06_wenn3609546

meryl_streep_07_wenn3609560

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Kim Kardashian sues her former publicist for telling the truth; her ’shelf life’ is nearing

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 07:11 AM PST

69487pcn_kardashian09
A former publicist who worked for Kim Kardashian from 2007-2009, Jonathan Jaxson, did a radio interview in which he claimed that Kim Kardashian’s engagement ring “from” Kris Humphries was “very similar” to a ring that she used in 2007 to stage a fake engagement with Reggie Bush. This is supported by paparazzi photos taken at the time, which show Kim wearing a ring that looks identical to her engagement ring with Kris. Jaxson also said that Reggie was not aware that Kim set him up for fake engagement rumors, and that “these type of antics” ended their relationship. He also said that Kim had a whole plan to get famous, that she wasn’t fazed by her sex tape at all and that it wasn’t released without her permission. (He has no insider information about that, other than the fact that she was barely upset when it came out.) In response, Kim is predictably suing Jaxson for defamation for $200,000. Her lawyer, Marty Singer, claims that Kim barely worked with Jaxons, that Jaxson is lying and that he signed a confidentiality agreement that prevents him from talking to the media. In response, Jaxson says he was given a confidentiality agreement by the Kardashians but that he never signed it. He also published video, photos, email and documentation showing he had a close relationship with Kim.

TMZ had contacted me last night regarding a story that I was being sued by Kim Kardashian for $200,000 and requested an immediate comment. Only because they wish to share a VERY small snippet, I want to provide the full statement I gave them. Why would I have thought they would have been fair to post my side?:

To the best of my knowledge, I have never signed an agreement dealing with confidentiality with Kim Kardashian. I have an agreement in my possession that does not have either parties signature on it.

When I have been contacted by the press to give comments on the wedding, my opinions have been from my personal point of view based on the statement she posted on her blog and conversations with mutual friends.

Regarding her engagement ring from Kris, I have stated that is was quite similar to the same ring I staged with her for a story we released to the press back on December 26, 2007. It was a planned shoot as she exited XIV Jewelers in Beverly Hills with the 7-carats on her right hand for media speculation that she was engaged, as she exited the jeweler.

I have not worked with Kim in a professional capacity in a couple of years and have absolutely no ill feelings towards her what so ever. The work we did together, I did as an acting publicist/friend on the side “behind-the-scenes” for her from 2007-2009. The pictures online, along with a video blog, and audio together speak for themselves.

The book I am publishing, “Don’t You Know Who I Am Yet,” chronicles one’s 15-minutes of fame and is a behind-the-scenes look from a publicists world in Hollywood and my dealings with several of the clients in which I have worked with and those I have met along the way. Kim was and always has been only a very small part of that equation.

I still have not been served with any papers regarding this matter.

[From Jonathan Jaxson's website]

It seems like just about everyone is over this chick and calling for her fifteen minutes to be up. Michael Bublé ripped on Kim during a recent performance in NY. He said “Please welcome Kim Kardashian [to the stage],” then joked “Nah, just [bleeping] with you! That bitch isn't coming on my stage.” The NY Post has this story, along with the detail that he then dedicated a song to Kris Humphries.

Meanwhile there’s a new book by a former NY Daily News writer called Celebrity, Inc.: How Famous People Make Money. It examines how Kim Kardashian was able to best her former bestie, Paris Hilton, in earnings. Now, however, author Jo Piazza says that “everyone thinks [Kim is] a joke” and that her “shelf life” is almost over. Unfortunately, there are more Kardashians available. Kim’s little sister Kendall may soon take her place according to Piazza. Kendall just got a $90,000 Range Rover for her 16th birthday. She’s got to be fully indoctrinated into the khurch of Kardashian, where money rules and appearances matter above all else. She’ll soon be getting lip injections and Botox, if she hasn’t already.

Here’s Kim flying out of Atlanta and into LA after filming for a Tyler Perry movie. There’s a petition to eliminate Kim from this movie, just as there’s a petition for E! to cancel all the Kardashian shows.

fp_8156124_kardashian_willi

fp_8156128_kardashian_willi

69487pcn_kardashian03

Justin Theroux helped Jennifer Aniston shop for lingerie at Barneys

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 07:04 AM PST

69304pcn_aniston12

These are some photos from last week, when Jennifer Aniston made an appearance at Glamour Magazine's Women of the Year celebration. Remember, she was looking pregnant because she was spilling out of her dress at the bust and her dress had an empire waist which could have hidden a bump? Allegedly, she was downing vodka, so she's probably not pregnant, although there were some other reports suggesting that she wasn't in fact drinking. I have no idea. Here's what I do know: Jennifer Aniston's badass, hardcore, hipster boyfriend is now spending his days shopping for lingerie at Barney's with his lady. Oh, Justin. Coughcoughselloutcoughcough.

Justin Theroux was Jennifer Aniston's personal shopper, helping her pick out lingerie at Barneys in New York on Tuesday.

A spy said of the romantic couple, "They were in the lingerie department . . . She looked beautiful, and they were both very nice."

Aniston, who showed off a boosted cleavage at the Glamour awards on Monday, may have been searching for items for her curvier figure. A Barneys rep declined to comment. Aniston's rep didn’t get back to us.

[From Page Six]

"Aniston's rep didn’t get back to us" - meaning that Aniston's rep was the one who planted the story in the first place? I always think it's Huvane as soon as some "spy" starts talking about how "beautiful" Aniston is, like maybe if it's repeated enough in the public sphere, everyone will believe it. That sounded nastier than I meant - I'll buy it when a spy says, "Aniston's hair looked great!" or "Her body looked tight." Different people notice different things, but for some reason, whenever a "spy" notices Jennifer Aniston, the only thing the "spy" notices is how "beautiful" she is.

As for the lingerie stuff… do you think Justin really is into it? Or would he much rather be in some seedy bar, having a stiff drink with Terry Richardson?

69304pcn_aniston04

69304pcn_aniston06

69304pcn_aniston01

Photos courtesy of Pacific Coast News.

Pink & Carey Hart bring 5-month-old Willow Sage to premiere of ‘Happy Feet 2′

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 06:10 AM PST

fp_8159571_rij_happy_feet2_69_75

Happy Feet 2 premiered last night in LA, and most of the actors who did voice work on the film came out. My favorite photos involved Pink, Carey Hart and their daughter Willow Sage, though, so these are the only pics I'm covering. Did you really need to see Billy Bob Thornton's face? No, you did not. Not when you could look at Pink and Carey and little Willow.

happy_feet_20_wenn3608803

fp_8159557_rij_happy_feet2_55_75

Pink gave birth in early June, which makes Willow a little more than five months old. She's a total cutie, and I love that her dad is carrying her around. I've got to wonder though - isn't she much too young to sit through a movie? Lots of celebrities had their kids at the premiere, but Willow was the only baby. Maybe Pink and Carey just walked the red carpet and then left after the PR duties were done.

By the way, how great does Pink look? I think motherhood has made even prettier, and the whole Brigitte Nielsen-look actually works on her. I'm not crazy about the ill-fitting suit, but from the waist up, Pink looks good. Carey looks super-happy too. I can't even describe how much I'm rooting for this family.

happy_feet_12_wenn3608805

wenn3608673

And here's Sofia Vergara because, obviously.

happy_feet_18_wenn3608792

Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.

Kat Von D: I just met the 19th girl Jesse James cheated on me with

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 05:59 AM PST

fp_7067887_von_d_kat_pod_00
Kat Von D posted a long essay on Facebook about her toxic off and on relationship with Jesse James. She claims to have met the “19th girl” James cheated on her with in the year or so that they were together. Are we supposed to take that literally, like was she really taking count and does she know of 18 others? I wouldn’t be surprised, but I still think she’s exaggerating for effect. Kat also writes that she was hoping that Jesse would “change,” but that he continues “seeking validation through the attention of women.” She tries to anticipate and deflect a lot of the criticism she’ll get for this, but she still deserves all of it and then some, especially since she’s drudging this up all over again.

Today I encountered the 19th girl to add to the list of people Jesse cheated on me with during this last year.

I kept going back and forth in my mind as to what the best way would be for me to release and let go of any residual feelings remaining from that toxic relationship. All of this may sound petty or immature to some, but I assure you this is coming from a place of pure honesty and love.

There was a time when I was confident and excited at proving the world wrong, because I believed so deeply in people’s ability to change for the better. Although this was not a primary purpose in the relationship, I did feel like it would be a positive thing for those who judged Jesse solely based on what they read in tabloids, to see that change is always possible - even in the people who seem hopeless.

I still believe that, even if that change never occurs inside of him - because I see proof of change everyday - in others, and in myself. I’m far from perfect, but am willing to examine myself, and my patterns of dysfunction, and then put in the work to better myself. It’s a daily practice, but it's working.

Sure, its easy to tell someone, “I told you so" especially if you’re criticizing someone from the outside, but that attitude comes from a place called Ego, and not Love. I know I deserve a big fat “I told you so," from everyone, and wish I didn’t have to say, “You all were more right than you’ll ever know" but you were.

Not to worry, I’ve gladly paid the consequences for every mistake I’ve ever made, but learned so much from each of them.

Yes, I am pretty tired of getting mistaken for the girl who everyone believes to have broken up Jesse and Sandra’s marriage, just because I have black hair and tattoos like that other gal. That does get a quite annoying at times, and it would be nice to not be associated with her, but that’s trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I think it just made me sad today to imagine him still in that dark place - where seeking validation through the attention of women takes precedence over being a good father, a sincere friend, a better coworker, and a happy individual.

I tried my best to go through all of this without venting, or complaining, or fueling more tabloid mumbo jumbo - but this isn’t about any of that.This is about me making peace with myself, and forgiving myself for making some bad mistakes.

[From Facebook]

Did this woman not pick up a single tabloid in the spring of last year? Did she avoid going to the grocery store for months? Did she not look at the Internet even once? She hooked up with a notorious cheater and is now whining about the fact that he cheated on her. Plus she broke up and got back together with him multiple times, and she probably cheated on him too. But she’s sending us “love,” and she’s trying to “forgive herself” so we’re not supposed to criticize her about it at all. Why is she even still talking about this douche? You would think that once she realized how bad she got played, she would clam up. Jesse is in a bad place though, and she’s so enlightened that she’s still talking about him. It must suck to have his face tattooed on her body, but at least it’s on her side and she has enough other tattoos to be able to ignore it. It’s like an old photo at the bottom of a forgotten knick knack drawer.

Somewhere, Sandra Bullock is sipping a margarita and laughing her ass off.

Thanks to Kate for the tip!

wenn5747633

wenn3537616

wenn3538012

wenn5748752

Kat is shown out on 11/7, 11/2 and at an event on 9/30. She’s shown with Jesse on 3/29/11. Credit: WENN and Fame

Jennifer Lopez is dating a 24 yo back up dancer, makes sure we know all about it

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 05:31 AM PST

229048_198097760235437_1973
It looks like whatever fake romance J.Lo was trying to cook up with Bradley Cooper in the tabloids has either fizzled out or never was. Lopez, 42, has been sleeping with one of her backup dancers, a 24 year-old squat shaved kid named Casper Smart. Multiple outlets have this story with insider “sources” in Lopez’s camp to confirm the news and add details. It’s predictable, and it’s all about how J.Lo is sexy and desirable. The story has a whiff of haughty desperation about it, just like J.Lo. The stories do acknowledge that it’s just a fling for her, though, a fling that she’s more than willing to confirm.

A few months after she and husband Marc Anthony announced they were splitting, the American Idol judge appears to be logging time with a new man: Los Angeles-based dancer Casper Smart.

“Yes, they are dating and having a good time,” a source tells PEOPLE of the pair. “They’ve been getting more open with their flirting for weeks.”

Smart, who has appeared in Glee, Step Up 3D and How I Met Your Mother, reportedly also dances at Los Angeles-area nightclubs.

Smart also reported that he and Lopez worked together on Friday night, posting on his Facebook page: “In Palo Alto Bout to do a show w/ Jennifer Lopez for some1s birthday.”

Lopez had been most recently linked to Bradley Cooper.

As for her budding romance with Casper, another source describes it as “a fun fling.” Says the source: “It’s not meant to turn into anything more.”

A rep for Lopez had no comment.

This wouldn’t be the first time Lopez, 42, has been romantically involved with a dancer. She was married to choreographer and dancer Cris Judd in 2001, and the couple split in 2002.

[From People]

Yes Lopez’s rep had “no comment,” but People still got a “source” to tell them that “they are dating and having a good time.” Both TMZ and The Insider also have confirmation from sources, along with additional details. My favorite quotes are in US Weekly, where Lopez’s people try to explain away her “breakup” with Bradley Cooper:

Lopez “liked the thrill and the fact that Bradley has been pursuing her,” but a source says she “has really been trying to concentrate on her kids and work. But Bradley has been especially eager.”

So Lopez has been “trying to concentrate on her kids and work,” so she rejected the movie star and picked a no-name backup dancer 18 years younger than she is. I’m so sure that’s exactly how it happened. Is she going to keep dating 20-something lovers post divorce, just like Madonna? At least she’s not marrying them yet.

285358_223068127738400_1973

282509_227598810618665_1973

259900_222691711109375_1973

fp_8135955_glamour_gala_ram

fp_8137914_lopezjennifer_tw

These photos are from Casper, the friendly back-up dancer’s Facebook. Lopez is shown out in NY on 11/8 with her daughter and at an event on 11/7. Credit: Fame

Pippa Middleton got dumped because her money wasn’t old enough

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 04:31 AM PST

wenn3538543

Last Friday, the British tabloids were all in a tizzy because Pippa Middleton and her boyfriend of a year and a half, Alex Loudon, seemed to have finally called it quits. Allegedly, they broke up over the summer, but reunited and tried to work through their problems. Initially, the reports made it sound like Pippa was the one to pull the plug, and I assumed that she had as well, likely to "uptradey" her way into being a duchess too. But! The Mail on Sunday reported yesterday that their sources claimed it was Alex Loudon who dumped Pippa, on the advice of his snooty family. Apparently, Loudon comes from old money and a very distinguished family, and they don't want Alex marrying some upstart chick who is famous for her arse. The full report is here, and here are some highlights:

The Mail on Sunday has learned it was in fact Alex who, after one-and-a-half years together, decided to end things. According to a friend of both Alex and Pippa, the 31-year-old former England cricketer could no longer cope with the 'circus' that accompanies his girlfriend everywhere she goes.

The friend said: 'The plain truth is Alex adored Pippa but he couldn't stand the circus that now surrounds her. Nothing is straightforward anymore.'

Inordinately private, with impeccable manners, the Old Etonian simply hated the attention . . . attention that Pippa appears to rather enjoy. Another family friend said: 'Pippa sees the connection with the Royal Family as a golden opportunity but she knows she cannot afford to look vulgar. She now gets invited to every show in town, every door is open to her but Alex hates parties. He loves his cricket and has a very close-knit circle of Old Etonian friends. Alex comes from a very well-to-do and discreet family who do not relish the spotlight. He hated the fact they were followed by paparazzi and he avoided going out because of it. Alex is very strait-laced. He loves his family and his friends and has no time for celebrity.'

Last night a member of Pippa's circle said her friends were not surprised the courtship had come to an end. The friend said: 'Alex's parents were welcoming but they were always somewhat lukewarm about the relationship. They didn't see Pippa as 'wife material'. James [Loudon, Alex's father] and his wife Jane both come from very good families. Pippa is very sweet but she is socially ambitious – all her friends are so "trophy posh" it's ridiculous. They didn't honestly see Alex and Pippa's relationship as a long-term thing. James and Jane are very old-fashioned and prefer to keep things low-key. They do not go out of their way to court attention for themselves and they tend to shy away from the media – even when James was High Sheriff he took on the roles and responsibilities but didn't attempt to promote himself. They're a very "proper" family.'

In contrast to the newly wealthy Middletons, the Loudons are 'old money' and pride themselves on remaining consistently discreet. So tensions were inevitable from the moment Pippa's pert posterior catapulted her on to the world stage. When she and Alex first met through mutual friends, they were still enjoying the freedom of their post university years – Alex studied at Durham, Pippa in Edinburgh. Now their lives are very different. Alex is carving out a serious career, working at the brewing giant SAB Miller as a corporate finance and development analyst. Pippa, meanwhile, flits between her job as a party planner at caterers Table Talk and working on the newsletter for her parents' company, Party Pieces.

The couple's mutual friend said: 'Alex couldn't cope with the star that Pippa had become. It's sad really because Alex and Pippa get along very well, but they are also very different personalities. It has been up and down for a while. It was Alex who called the parting shot and said it was over once and for all last week.'

Pippa is apparently devastated. Only two months ago the couple were celebrating her 28th birthday and one of Alex's presents to her was a set of keys to his Fulham home. Although the couple didn't live together, Pippa was staying with Alex at least three nights a week.

The friend said: 'This has come as a big shock for Pippa. She was over the moon when he gave her a set of keys to his place and she was talking about moving in together. She was in this for the long term. They have had a few problems but she was not expecting them to break up and she is heartbroken. Kate has been comforting her but she is also upset because she liked Alex. All the Middletons did, they adored him.'

A friend said: 'Alex never wants to be the centre of attention. When they got together, Pippa was a nice girl whose sister was going out with Prince William. That wouldn't phase him, William was his friend at school. Alex was always the one in control. Now he's seen as little more than Pippa's appendage and really, what man could cope with that?'

While Alex is said to be looking forward to life away from the 'circus', Palace officials are said to be worried about Pippa's public persona.

One insider said: 'There is quiet concern within the Royal household that Pippa has no real job. The photographs of Pippa on the dance floor were something that Palace officials would rather avoid. There has been some suggestion that Kate might utilize Pippa in a lady-in-waiting role, or at least a more up-to-date version of it. It would make sense with William going to the Falklands.'

Last week Pippa was being comforted by her family but according to one friend it won't be long before she picks herself up.

The friend said: 'When Kate and William separated in 2007, Kate employed the age-old tactic of showing her man what he was missing. She put on a big smile, said yes to every invitation and the hemlines on her skirts raised a good few inches. Pippa will do the same. She is utterly determined, whether it is a marathon, a game of tennis or bagging the best titled boy at a party. She is tough and focused. In a week or two she will be sparkling at some high-end event, flashbulbs a go go, because that is what the Middleton girls are expected to do. The Middleton mantra is grin and bear it. There's no puffy eyes or hiding behind closed doors, at least not for too long.'

Whether the strategy will work for Pippa in the same way it worked for Kate, however, remains to be seen.

[From The Mail]

"There is quiet concern within the Royal household that Pippa has no real job" - WTF? Not that I'm some huge Pippa fan, but she works more than Kate has ever done. She has an office job with her ex-boyfriend and she truly works for her parents (writing their company’s newsletter), and she's setting up her own party planning business. Pippa knows how to hustle, and yes, maybe she doesn't really have a "career" but she knows how to work. Unlike her sister, who seems to balk when forced to do anything more strenuous than flip her hair.

Now, as for Pippa's uptradey act and how she's determined to marry well - sure, that's true. That was known about her BEFORE the wedding - she would basically "date" anyone with a title or a large bank account, the older the money, the better. I'm kind of rooting for Pippa, I have to admit. I want her to make a smart marriage with someone dashing and wealthy. She should go for someone a bit older, I think.

wenn3588274

wenn3600463

wenn3598833

Photos courtesy of WENN.

You have read this article with the title Cele|bitchy. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2011/11/celebitchy_14.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...