The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


LL Cool J & Simone Smith Raise $100K For Cancer Research + DMX Reveals His ABUSIVE Childhood & Why He Spanks His 10 Kids

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 06:56 AM PST

 

Last weekend, LL Cool J joined his wife Simone Smith and their daughter Italia Smith to raise over $100K for cancer research. Get the deets on the event inside and hear what DMX revealed about his abusive childhood.

Last night, the very dapper rapper LL Cool J hosted a special charity event entitled “Why Fashion Matters” to benefit the American Cancer Society and Long Island Cares over the weekend at Hirshleifers in Manhasset, LI.

LL served as auctioneer and co-hosted the event with his beautiful wife, jewelry designer Simone Smith.

The event held a special place in their hearts as Simone is a cancer survivor. And at the end of the evening, proceeds raised totaled over $100,000 dollars!

 

 

In other rap news.....

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

DMX appeared on "Dr. Drew's Lifechangers" yesterday where he opend up about being abused as a child by his mother. 

"It got pretty bad…there was plenty of days I couldn't sit down at school. She used to have these three extension chords that she braided together. Sometimes we would get it with that. THAT was rough!"

DMX, who's fathered 10 children, also revealed that he does indeed discipline his own kids with a belt.

"You don't really have to beat them. That one time…smack them on the a__ with a belt a couple of times and they'll get the point. It was not continual beating. Anybody you've got to beat over and over again, evidently it's not working."

He continued,

"Yeah. That's why I talk to my kids first. I sit them down and explain to them what they did wrong. If I see that they are genuinely remorseful about the situation, then I'll let it go."

What about you....where do you stand on corporal punishment?

Photos via Carin Baer/WireImage/Sussman

Melyssa Ford CELEBRATES Her 35th Birthday With Her Celebrity Friends

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 06:12 AM PST

 

 
TV personality Melyssa Ford celebrated her 35th birthday in NYC last night with good friends Sway, Toure and Jennifer Williams.  See the pics inside...
 

Video vixen turned actress Melyssa Ford celebrated her 35th birthday last night at Ricardo Ocean Grill in NYC, which was also celebrating its grand opening.

She showed off her famous curves in this silver fringy mini dress as she celebrated with friends at the dinner.

"BBW" star Jennifer Williams rocked a mink jacket, Louboutins, and Birkin bag for the evening.  And topped it off with her fascinator!

The pair were joined by realtor Tanasha Pettigrew.

Sway and Toure were also there.

 

Later, Toure had some fun with Alesha Renee.

Publicist Trevor Julien came out to show Melyssa some love.

Angela Yee partied with music executive Michael Kyser.

 

This cake...

She later tweeted,

I swear I love my fam & friends! Having the best bday celebration EVER!

And Melyssa seemed to really enjoy the birthday cake that was a replica of her some of her most famous parts.


Photog: Nunez

Rihanna Reveals "You Da One" As Second Single, Drops Track Snippets From TALK THAT TALK

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 05:48 AM PST

Rihanna just revealed her second upcoming single from Talk That Talk.  Check out what's next, plus snippets from the album, inside...

Rihanna is set to release "You Da One" as her second single off Talk That Talk (TTT).  She tweeted her excitement this morning saying:

Aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!! I just want you to HAVE this already!!!!! #TALKthatTALK

Here's 10-12 second snippets of all the tracks on the album, plus a bonus track with Katy Perry that will appear on the LPs released in Japan.  "We All Want Love" is reportedly not going to appear on the album. TTT and its deluzxe edition hits shelves November 21st.

You feelin' the tracks so far?

Beyonce Cheers On Jay-Z At Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, Releases "Elements of 4" DVD Trailer

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 05:00 AM PST

Beyonce was front and center at last night's taping of the 2011 Victoria's Secret fashion show at the Lexington Avenue Armory in NYC.  And she looked extra excited to cheer on her hubby Jay-Z while he and Kanye performed for the models on the runway.

 

Pics of her and her baby bump in all white and her new DVD trailer inside....

Beyonce skipped the pink carpet and hit the front row of the Fashion Show last night.  She looked pretty in white and had some fun at the show.

 

 

Meanwhile, her Elements of 4 DVD trailer was released.  And the DVD package will consist of 2 discs--1 disc full of her intimate performances from the 4 album from her intimate Live At Roseland Ballroom concerts.  As well as behind the stage footage. Disc 2 will be a video anthology with 1+1, Best Thing I Never Had, Party feat. J. Cole, Love on Top, Countdown, Run the World (Girls), and Dance for You (which has yet to be released).

 

It's in stores November 29th.

 
Pics via SPLASH

Kanye, Jay-Z & Nicki Minaj Rock The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Runway!

Posted: 09 Nov 2011 09:02 PM PST

If you want a glimpse of what Wednesday night's 2011 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show taping looked like, we've got it inside.  Read on for the sneak peak of the performances from Nicki Minaj & The Throne...

Nicki Minaj was her usual colorful self 2 nights in a row.  At Wednesday night's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show taping, she performed in Versace shoes and this getup for the audience on the sparkle covered runway.

Interesting.

Kanye was pretty much in heaven tonight as he performed alongside the model chicks on the runway.  Namely Adriana Lima.

And his homie Jay-Z joined in on the fun.

He kicked it backstage with Victoria's Secret Angel Miranda Kerr before the show.

And Angel Chanel Iman was spotted getting glammed up backstage too:

Cute.

LaLa Anthony was there in a colorblock tangerine and hot pink dress.  And she kicked it with Maxwell.

AJ Calloway, Tyson, and actor Matthew Settle hit the front row.

Y'all already know Russell Simmons was there front and center picking out his next models....

Hey Maxwell and Tyson.

And a few pis of Chanel on the runway:

This show ought to be interesting...

The show airs November 29th 10/9c on CBS.

WOW: Kyla Pratt Reveals She Has A 1-Year-Old Baby!

Posted: 09 Nov 2011 05:31 PM PST

Child actress turned twenty-something YBF chick Kyla Pratt just dropped a bombshell on national tv.  Her baby news she revealed this evening when you read on...

 

Actress Kyla Pratt, who's best known for her roles on "One On One" and the voice of Penny Proud on "The Proud Family," made an appearance on BET's "106 & Park" tonight. 

And she confirmed the rumors that have previously been out about her.  She revealed that she has an almost 1-year-old baby girl after secretly giving birth a year ago.  YUP...you read that right.

The 25-year-old, who is best friends with actresses Jennifer Freeman and the Haqq twins, is set to join the second season of BET's "Let's Stay Together" in January 2012 (pictured above with co-star Kym Whitley) and was there to promote the show.

"A lot of people don't know but I had a daughter last year and she's going to be 1 next week," Kyla told the surprised audience.

Kyla says they're going to "do it big" for her baby's first birthday--Disneyland, party at the house, and more. 

She did not confirm who the father of her child is or whether they are couple.  But there are several unconfirmed reports naming a L.A. stripper turned tattoo artist as her alleged fiance'/child's father.  And her baby's name is Lyric Kai.

Who says you can't keep secrets in Hollywood?

MODEL BEHAVIOR: Jessica White & Chrissy Teigen Land 2012 SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Calendar

Posted: 09 Nov 2011 04:43 PM PST

Model Jessica White is one of the newest 2012 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models.  The 12 beautiful gals were just revealed, and we've got Jessica and John Legend's girlfriend Chrissy's new pics inside...

 

The newly engaged Jessica White posed it up for the second year in a row in Maui for the 2012 edition of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Calendar and corresponding magazine issue.

And model Chrissy Teigen made the final cut as well.  Here's video from their shoot:

Nice.

RED HOT: Mariah Carey Flaunts Her SVELTE Post-Twins Bod For JENNY Promo Event

Posted: 09 Nov 2011 01:18 PM PST

Mariah is BACK.  And she's flaunting it all in red.  The mom of 6-month-old twins Roc & Roe hit up her first JENNY event today in NYC, as the pop icon is the weight loss company's newest spokeswoman.

 

Pics of her showing off her new bod today inside....

Oh...hey MiMi!  The "Fantasy" singer was on hand for the press conference as she was announced the new Jenny Craig (now called JENNY) Brand Ambassador at the Four Seasons Hotel in NYC.

And she showed off her 70 pounds slimmer bod in a spaghetti strapped maxi dress and red YSL sandals:

Gayle King was on hand for the event too.  Mariah told Us Weekly magazine in the new issue:

"I gained an enormous amount of weight. I was scared I was never going to walk again.

'I feel incredible but it was a long road,' she says. 'Being pregnant felt longer than it was. It was a huge blessing to be able to have the babies but I felt trapped in my body because I couldn't move.'

'At the beginning (after pregnancy), I was breast feeding, so I had to eat more than I normally would. It was frustrating.
 

Nice!  You feelin' Mrs. Cannon's new look?

Pics via SPLASH

Jay-Z DISCUSSES How "Change Clothes" ROCKED Sports Apparel Sales + Wale DEBUTS At #2 On The Hot 200!

Posted: 09 Nov 2011 12:38 PM PST

 

The second half of Steve Stoute's "The Tanning Effect" interview with Jay-Z has been released and the hip hop icon talks headlining the Glastonbury festival and his impact on sports licensing apparel. Watch it inside and find out how Wale's Ambition did on the music charts....

 

In the second installment of his "The Tanning Effect" interviews, Steve Stoute talks to Jay-Z about becoming the first hip hop act to headline the Glastonbury Festival and how his song "Change Clothes" impacted the sales of sports apparel.

Jay-Z said he looked around and felt like everyone was wearing NBA jerseys and it just looked llike, "We were one big basketball team."  He says he wrote the song because that is what he was feeling at the time; however, he didn't expect it to impact the global sales of sports gear. 

 

Watch the interview here:

 

And you can watch Jimmy Iovine talk with Steve about breaking down barriers with Snoop Dogg here.

 

 

Also in music.....

Wale's Maybach Music Group debut, Ambition, sold 164K copies its first week, debuting at #2 on Billboard's Hot 200.

While the top spot went to Justin Beiber, Wale was still thrilled by the disc's performance tweeting,

“I love my fans .. I’m so grateful.. Thank you Thank you… I’m speechless hip hop for life.”

In other chart news, Tyrese appeared on the charts at #9, selling 76K copies of Open Invitation. 

Congrats to the fellas!

Terrence J. Dishes On Dating SELITA EBANKS, Loving Cougars, & Staying A "Nice Guy"

Posted: 09 Nov 2011 10:54 AM PST

Terrence J covers the fall issue of "BLEU" Magazine where he opens up about reaching his full potential as an artist, dating a younger woman (Selita Ebanks) and staying a nice guy while his career is on Lift Off mode.  Get highlights and inside pics inside....

Currently making headlines for being the catalyst for a vicious girlfight between Selita Ebanks and model chick Liza Irizarry, Terrance J opens up about love and romance, his career aspirations and what he wants for his future in the latest issue of BLEU Magazine.  Here are some highlights.  And note--Selita is indeed 28 years old:

On becoming a better actor
I'm not anywhere near where I think my full potential is. Hopefully one day I'll be able to play a young Barack Obama coming out of law school or Sidney Poitier right before he got his Oscar."

On being complete as an individual before leaping into a relationship
I hate the phrase you complete me. I think it should be two complete people that get together and they make history together and they make an impact together. I'm at a place now where I'm able to be a good man in a relationship because I've been through so much.

On being a cougar lover
I dig mature women. I dig a woman that knows what she wants, that's comfortable in her skin and confident with her swag. Older women have been able to fulfill that.

On his current relationship status
I'm dating a girl that's younger. She's not much younger but she's 28 and I'm 29 so she's younger than me." She's an amazing person. I just think timing is everything. It can be the perfect person, but if it's not the perfect time then it's not going to work.

On how he wants people to remember him
I always felt that no matter where my career goes, I just want people to leave the room and say 'hey, he was a nice guy.

On his future personal plans
The aspiration is marriage and kids...building a family and leaving a legacy...As I'm entering into my 30′s, I'm looking forward to all those things

 

Check out pics from the article:

Nice.

Photos via Bleu Magazine

 

Nick Cannon Gets Shirtless And...HOT...For Men's Health Magazine

Posted: 09 Nov 2011 10:38 AM PST

Nick Cannon, who just turned 31 last month, is looking grown and sexy these days.  His new feature in the upcoming issue of Men's Health Magazine shows his shirtless and buff bod none of us really knew was there.

 

Check it inside...

 

Amongst hosting his own morning radio show, hosting "America's Got Talent," still doing stand-up, holding down his Chairman title at Teen Nick, guest starring in NBC's new "Up All Night" sitcom, being a husband to one of the biggest divas in the game and being a brand new dad to twins, this dude still finds time to work.it.out.

In the upcoming issue of Men's Health Magazine, Nick talks about how he sharpens his dad skills, his a serious side, and how he loves the uber confidence of a powerful woman:

Men’s Health: You’re about 6 months into your new gig as a first-time dad. Can anything truly prepare guys for that role?

Nick Cannon: You know what? You talk to your parents. That’s probably what I did the most. It gives me even greater respect for my parents, just because I never thought about what they were going through when I was a youngster. I feel like everyone who raised me did a great job, so why not get the best advice for them?

MH: Is it fun, in a sense, that you and Mariah sometimes have no clue what you’re doing as parents?

NC: I think I’m actually built for fatherhood. I love to have a good time and play, but at the same time I’ve got a really serious side to me, and I think that’s the balance you have to have. Get on your kids’ level, but at any point in time, let them know who the parent is. You have to understand balance, and be willing to grow and learn from them daily.

MH: A lot of men say they lose some of their mojo after settling down and starting a family.

NC: Oh man, I think it’s the exact opposite. Obviously my wife has made me such a better person. She’s made me more attentive. She’s made me more detail-oriented. She’s made me more caring and loving. And from that, I’ve become sexier. I’ve noticed that I get a lot more attention now. After all, they always say that married men are more attractive than single men.

MH: Mariah’s such a strong-willed woman with really high standards. What advice do you have for men who want to date someone like that?

NC: I think it takes a strong man to be in a relationship with a strong woman. A lot of people hear the word “diva” and think of it as a negative. I see it as a positive. I want somebody who knows what they want out of life and isn’t afraid to show it. Confidence is probably the sexiest thing to me, and my wife is definitely confident. But it can be intimidating if you’re not a strong individual—and I’m up for the task.

MH: What’s the realest thing you talk about in your new standup special, “Mr. Showbiz?”

NC: Probably how I deal with people calling me “Mr. Mariah.”

MH: Okay, Mr. Mariah. How do you deal with it?

NC: I embrace it! There are a lot worse things I can be called, and I love the fact that people refer to me as that. You want to call me a boy toy? Damnit, I’ll be the best boy toy I can possibly be. I’ll be the boy toy with the kung-fu grip.

 

Meanwhile, his wife Mariah Carey isn't looking too shabby herself.  She recently dropped 70 pounds of baby weight and revealed to Us Weekly all about her struggles:

"I feel incredible," the "Fly Like a Bird" singer tells Us, three months after her body transformation began. She and Cannon, 31, famously struggled to conceive their twins (born via C-section at 35 weeks) after a heartbreaking miscarriage.

"It was a huge blessing to be able to have the babies," Carey says, "But I felt trapped in my body because I couldn't move."  Adds the once-again svelte star: "I'm proud of how hard I worked to get my body back...I had to do this for me."

Check out her new bod she debuted on "The Rosie Show" HERE in case you missed it.

WHOA! Eddie Murphy STEPS DOWN As Oscar Host!

Posted: 09 Nov 2011 10:20 AM PST

Just one day after producer Brett Ratner, who was reportedly influential in making Eddie Murphy the 2012 Academy Awards host, exited as producer, Eddie has stepped down from his role as well.

 

Deets inside...

Deadline Hollywood reports Eddie Murphy has exited his hosting role for the upcoming Academy Awards!  This announcement comes after Brett Ratner (who also just directed Eddie's new hit movie Tower Heist) stepped down as Co-Producer of the Academy Awards show.

News broke this week of Brett saying controversial sexual comments about actress Olivia Munn, as well as saying the F-word gay slur.  The 42-year-old used the gay slur during a question-and-answer session at Hollywood's Arclight cinema last Friday, and again on Howard Stern's program, to suggest that rehearsals are only for weaklings.  And yesterday he parted ways from his role with the Academy Awards show.

And apparently, now Eddie has followed.  Here's the statement form Eddie and the Academy President:

Beverly Hills, CA – Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Tom Sherak announced that Eddie Murphy has withdrawn as host of the 84th Academy Awards. “I appreciate how Eddie feels about losing his creative partner, Brett Ratner, and we all wish him well,” said Sherak.

Commented Murphy, “First and foremost I want to say that I completely understand and support each party’s decision with regard to a change of producers for this year’s Academy Awards ceremony. I was truly looking forward to being a part of the show that our production team and writers were just starting to develop, but I’m sure that the new production team and host will do an equally great job.”

It definitely sounds like some ish went down.  And no one's talking.  Either the new production team pushed Eddie out and "allowed" him to say he left on his own accord.  Or he was upset enough about something that happened (like his long time friend Brett being edged out) to take it upon himself to exit.  Either way, DAMN.

PROMO FAB: VH1 Readies “T.I & TINY: THE FAMILY HUSTLE”

Posted: 09 Nov 2011 09:07 AM PST

 

 

T.I. is ready for his close-up as he, wife Tiny, and all their kids hit the small screen in a new Vh1 reality show called “T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle." Get deets about the show and the first look at promo pics inside....

Remember when T.I. got picked up in a tour bus filled with two VH1 producers after he left prison? Well.....now we get to see what he was up to.

VH1 has just released promo pics and deets about his new reality show “T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle."

On the new show, premiering Monday, December 5th at 9PM, fans will get a very in-depth look into the life of rapper T.I. as a father, husband, musician and businessman. 

“Tameka and I have a strong, loving family,” said T.I. “In this family documentary, you will see the challenges of raising children while balancing a career. It’s like a lot of families, only our home is in the spotlight.”

Taped shortly after his release from prison, the show follows T.I. as he reunites with Tiny and and their children while putting his life back together. 

Other highlights from the show:

*Fans will get to know T.I.’s children and see their reactions as they realize their father is a member of Hip Hop royalty.

*T.I. teaches his eldest son, Domani, the secrets to putting on a great concert performance .

*Tiny reveals how she kept the family together while T.I. was away.

*We meet the OMG GIRLZ, a new up-and-coming pop group that Tiny manages.

Check out the other promo pics here:

Will you be watching?

 

Deets From INSIDE The "Braxton Family Values" NYC Premiere Event, The Sisters React To Heavy D's Passing

Posted: 09 Nov 2011 08:37 AM PST

The Braxtons are still on their promo rounds for season 2 of "Braxton Family Values."  And TheYBF.com was on the scene last night for the NYC premiere party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel.  We caught up with the sisters, to get their reactions to all the drama of the new season...plus their reactions to the pasing of Heavy D.

 

Check it...

One rumor that was cleared up last night was that Toni was going to be in only one episode of season 2. But, in fact, everyone will be in the whole season.

Actress Keesha Sharp, radio personality Egypt, and all the sisters chit chatted with us inside the event.  Trina says we'll get a much more in depth look at all the sisters on this new season. And Tamar says Heavy D's passing hit her in a certain way since a few weeks ago, that could have been her husband Vince after he suffered from having several blood clots.

The sisters (sans Toni) looked pretty as usual as they had some fun with their guests.

Tamar also mentioned that she will be performing at the 2011 Soul Train Awards for a tribute to Gladys Knight.

 

Cute dress for Trina.

Egypt mentioned that she will be having a girl, due in February, and that she's both excited and nervous for motherhood.

Mama Evelyn was there looking GREAT.

Actress Keesha Sharp came out to suport.

Towanda Braxton showed off her gams in a black and white sequined dress.

And Traci sparkled in gold.

Fab times.  Season 2 kicks off November 10th on WeTV.

Video Correspondent: Ashley Ennis

You have read this article with the title The Young, Black, and Fabulous. You can bookmark this page URL http://thisgirlreprobate.blogspot.com/2011/11/the-young-black-and-fabulous_10.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...